Ubisoft to Unveil New Rainbow Six Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Ubisoft just released its E3 schedule here.

ASSASSIN’S CREED UNITY

A new Assassin, a new era. Assassin’s Creed Unity has been built from the ground up as a next-gen game, offering a new way to experience the venerated franchise. Set during the French Revolution, Assassin’s Creed Unity unfolds during a time of unimaginable terror and unprecedented turbulence – the perfect backdrop for the ongoing battle between the Assassins and the Templars.

FAR CRY 4

Far Cry 3 was the top-rated shooter of 2012. How do you possibly top that? By going even bigger. Far Cry 4 is set in an entirely new area – a massive open-world in a Himalayan region known as Kyrat. With a new weapons, vehicles, wildlife and more, Far Cry 4 will be the most immersive and expansive game in the series ever.

THE DIVISION

New York is in the middle of a devastating crisis. Thrown into chaos by a bio-terror attack and now in full lockdown, the city has only hope: a group of sleeper agents who must now spring into action. This open-world action-RPG combines the authenticity of a Tom Clancy game with fast action, strategic teamwork and intense exploration.

THE CREW

Get behind the wheel of this revolutionary action-driving game. The Crew delivers a massive open-world United States, full of highways, alleyways, dirt roads and more. Join up with others to take on challenges, or go solo and explore the countryside in a game populated by other real players.

AND MORE…

Valiant Hearts: The Great War will be at the show, along with other Ubisoft titles. We’ll also have special guests at the Ubisoft booth throughout the show.

Someone on GAF is claiming that a new Rainbow Six will also be unveiled at the event (here). Take it with a grain of salt. So what do you guys think of this? Personally I just can't get remotely excited--the games have nosedived ever since Ravenshield. Even though Vegas 1 and 2 were decent in their own rights, they just paled in comparison to Ravenshield. Any chance that this new Rainbow Six will be a true to form tactical shooter?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

did they ever say what happened to the rainbox six game they announced years ago and completely ignored?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

I'd be okay with that.

I'd also be okay with another Future Soldier. That game was good fun.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#4 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Vegas 3 please.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Want to see more from Valiant Hearts

@lawlessx said:

did they ever say what happened to the rainbox six game they announced years ago and completely ignored?

Canned more than likely.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LadyBlue

@freedomfreak said:

I'd be okay with that.

Bought it, never played it. Some deals are just to hard to pass.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freedomfreak  Online
@ladyblue said:

You should give it a go. I was surprised at how good the mechanics were, and the campaign was pretty enjoyable.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LadyBlue

@freedomfreak said:
@ladyblue said:

You should give it a go. I was surprised at how good the mechanics were, and the campaign was pretty enjoyable.

The videos sold me on the game. I'll give it a go once I'm finished with Mass Effect.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
@ladyblue said:

The videos sold me on the game. I'll give it a go once I'm finished with Mass Effect.

Cool beans.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cfisher2833

Hmmm, so no one wants an actual tactical shooter instead of a third person run and gun with the ability to turn invisible? Fucking a. I am never gonna get a Swat 4 style game ever again am I?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
@cfisher2833 said:

Hmmm, so no one wants an actual tactical shooter instead of a third person run and gun with the ability to turn invisible? Fucking a. I am never gonna get a Swat 4 style game ever again am I?

Never.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

Rainbow Six died with Vegas. Gears of War with terrorisms. Waste of time.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lawlessx

@cfisher2833 said:

nope..its a crying shame.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

As long as it includes Terrorist Hunt, I'll be there day 1.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#15 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Like I said, Vegas 3 please. First two are so good. Way better than Rainbow Six 3.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

That would be good, but I hope Ubisoft will bring back the original roots for the series.

No seeing through walls please!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

@Cyberdot said:

That would be good, but I hope Ubisoft will bring back the original roots for the series.

It will be developed for consoles in mind and attempt to be a Hollywood movie.

Shitey poo.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@ladyblue said:

I still have to play that as well. @Animal-Mother bought it for me last year. :D

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lawlessx

@uninspiredcup said:

@Cyberdot said:

It will be developed for consoles in mind and attempt to be a Hollywood movie.

Shitey poo.

expect alot of bullet time effects

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

If its anything like the Vegas games id rather give it a miss.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

I highly doubt it would be anything special

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

rainbow six are garbage games anyway. give me a new splinter cell the last game was amazing. future soldier was ok so i wouldnt mind that either

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

I want to know who is hosting the Ubi conference.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cfisher2833

@ShadowDeathX said:

I want to know who is hosting the Ubi conference.

GAF was saying it'll be Aisha Taylor (is that her name? the black woman from before).

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#25  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

I hope they make it more like COD with perks and scripted set pieces, to satisfy SNIPER/uninspiredcup.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9531 Posts

@cfisher2833 said:

I'm not too sure what game you are referring to other than maybe the division... but you can turn invisible? Also, do you really think 1st person shooters are MORE tactical than 3rd person? lol... just no if that is the case.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

@cfisher2833 said:

I'm not too sure what game you are referring to other than maybe the division... but you can turn invisible? Also, do you really think 1st person shooters are MORE tactical than 3rd person? lol... just no if that is the case.

WUT????

I think you know what he's talking about.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Keep it veiled Ubi, no one wants to play shit. Besides, they're going to show more, interesting games than this pile of turd.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

maybe they should focus on a couple of games at a time

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cfisher2833

@WitIsWisdom said:

@cfisher2833 said:

-I am referring to Ghost Recon Future Soldier, which was pretty much identical to a typical TPS, but with the ability to turn invisible.

-I could give a shit less if it's 3rd of 1st person, although I think Rainbow Six games should be first person given that historically that has been the case.

This is a tactical shooter:

Loading Video...

This is not one:

Loading Video...

btw. I really really recommend going back and playing Swat 4. It was made by Ken motherfucking Levine and Irrational Games. It's soooo fucking good.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@MlauTheDaft said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

@cfisher2833 said:

WUT????

What in the hell are you talking about?

Are you not agreeing that 3rd person shooters are more tactical than 1st person shooters? That is funny if you do... However, I have no clue what he is talking about... I have not followed ANY of those games that closely, and the Division is the only one of the group I KNOW to be a third person shooter... can you turn invisible in that game? I know you can cloak in a game like Killzone but it's a first person shooter and not made by the same company or being discussed... so please, enlighten me, because now I am wondering what the hell YOU are talking about.

*edit* Sorry, perhaps he (and you) are saying instead of getting a good Rainbow Six we are getting a third person shooter with RPG elements? Is that what I am missing?

Still doesn't change the fact that I feel 3rd person is much more tactical though...

been a long ass day.. just bare with me if the point was clear and I just need to get some sleep... lol

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cfisher2833

@WitIsWisdom said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

@cfisher2833 said:

WUT????

Are you not agreeing that 3rd person shooters are more tactical than 1st person shooters? That is funny if you do... However, I have no clue what he is talking about... I have not followed ANY of those games that closely, and the Division is the only one of the group I KNOW to be a third person shooter... can you turn invisible in that game? I know you can cloak in a game like Killzone but it's a first person shooter and not made by the same company or being discussed... so please, enlighten me, because now I am wondering what the hell YOU are talking about.

*edit* Sorry, perhaps he (and you) are saying instead of getting a good Rainbow Six we are getting a third person shooter with RPG elements? Is that what I am missing?

Still doesn't change the fact that I feel 3rd person is much more tactical though...

been a long ass day.. just bare with me... lol

I would generally agree with that. Third person views allow for better situational awareness. What I am saying is that we'll get a Rainbow Six game that bears little resemblance to the old tactical FPSs of old like Ravenshield or Swat 4. I am assuming the devs would use the excuse "oh, but kids today don't want that kind of experence." BULLSHIT!!! My fucking step brother and his kids visited my family recently and his nine year old son fucking loved Swat 4. He was on my computer playing the hell out of anytime he wasn't outside swimming in our pool. It's not the kids that are the problem, it's the fucking lazy adults that just want to breeze through all their games for their shitty plots.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@cfisher2833 said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

@cfisher2833 said:

WUT????

been a long ass day.. just bare with me... lol

I would generally agree with that. Third person views allow for better situational awareness. What I am saying is that we'll get a Rainbow Six game that bears little resemblance to the old tactical FPSs of old like Ravenshield or Swat 4. I am assuming the devs would use the excuse "oh, but kids today don't want that kind of experence." BULLSHIT!!! My fucking step brother and his kids visited my family recently and his nine year old son fucking loved Swat 4. He was on my computer playing the hell out of anytime he wasn't outside swimming in our pool. It's not the kids that are the problem, it's the fucking lazy adults that just want to breeze through all their games for their shitty plots.

Ah... yes.. Now I see what you and the other guy are referring to. Sorry.. like I said just been a long day.

Anyways... yes I feel you. I waited FOREVER for a true sequel or game like SOCOM 1 or 2. Now that it is finally coming it seems surreal.

I was the one not making much sense so I apologize to both of you... and by the way I couldn't agree more with your last statement! Those old school FPS's were MUCH better than the crap we get today.

*edit* Just saw the video you posted of Future Soldier.... yeah I own that game... played it for about 5 minutes and realized you could see people through walls (and not in a fun way)... one of the few games I have EVER taken back..

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#34 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I'd be okay with that.

Hell yeah. GRFS was great.

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Omega-316
Member since 2011 • 981 Posts

A true sequel to Rainbow Six 3 or gtfo.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@lawlessx said:

The R6 Patriot game?

If so that got pushed back to "maybe" 2015

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

I really hope it's Patriots and I would love if they return to their Ghost Recon roots on their next entry if one exists.