Ubisoft is very close to done with Nintendo it seems.

• 67 results
#51 Posted by Zelda187 (1008 posts) -

I wish Ubisoft would be done altogether.

Seriously, these unimaginative bastards are just going to milk the Ass Creed series until it's bone dry. Hell, it's been bone dry.

And Watch Dogs had to be one of the biggest disappointments in recent memory. At least to me it was.

I'm not the biggest GTA fan but GTA V shit all over that game.

#52 Posted by mems_1224 (47789 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@mems_1224 said:

Thats funny because Im very close to being done with Ubisoft.

I'm considering that feeling myself since Ubi is pretty much competing with Square Enix and Team ICO in making the next Duke Nukem Forever, via Beyond Good and Evil 2. I have to admit that these next AC games just don't get me as interested as I was with the last four (plus 2's expansions) and well, I'd still try out Watch_Dogs and still want to buy Legends, but outside of that...

I think the only Ubisoft game Im looking forward to is Rainbow Six Siege but even then Im skeptical because the online in their games is always garbage.

#53 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (7755 posts) -

I doubt it's about console sales anymore. Their games just haven't sold well on Wii U and they're not going to make an investment just so that they can come out with a loss. A portion of it is their fault. Zombi U was a shoddy game that looked and felt unfinished, Splinter Cell was missing offline co op, Assassin's Creed IV was missing DLC, Rayman was delayed, and Watch_Dogs sales will probably be terrible due to its delay. I don't get why they're surprised at all by the numbers that come back from games that are missing content. Most folks who have a Wii U own another platform, so are they really going to buy the version that gives them less value?

Some games got the full service, like Assassin's Creed III and Just Dance, so they have every right to be disappointed in those sales.

#54 Edited by ZombeGoast (437 posts) -

They should also be close to done with the Xbox One seeing how the Wii U been outselling it for the past month.

#55 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (18111 posts) -

@Zelda187 said:

I wish Ubisoft would be done altogether.

Seriously, these unimaginative bastards are just going to milk the Ass Creed series until it's bone dry. Hell, it's been bone dry.

And Watch Dogs had to be one of the biggest disappointments in recent memory. At least to me it was.

I'm not the biggest GTA fan but GTA V shit all over that game.

God and Watch Dogs is next. Annualized crapola.

#56 Posted by Heil68 (46114 posts) -

@wiiboxstation said:

@Heil68 said:

That's what you get for putting out shitty hardware that cant keep pace with it's competitors.

lol@you thinking it has anything to do with hardware. If the WiiU was selling like the Wii do you think they would complain about how powerful the hardware is?

Why isn't AC Rouge going to the Wii then when it is for the 360/PS3? The Wii has more sales afterall, right?

#57 Posted by Wiiboxstation (337 posts) -

@Heil68: Nintendo don't even make games for the Wii.

Although even ea are making games for the Wii.

#58 Posted by Heil68 (46114 posts) -

@wiiboxstation said:

@Heil68: Nintendo don't even make games for the Wii.

Although even ea are making games for the Wii.

We're talking about Ubisoft and why they aren't making games for Nintendo consoles. You laughed when I said power and brought up console sales.

Wii has most console sales yet Ubisoft is ignoring it.

#59 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2860 posts) -

Sheep don't really buy the few non-nintendo games on the wii u platform. Hell Nintendo is not even doing their usual numbers on the wii u. My guess is Sheep have a second platform and are buying their 3rd party games on that platform.

So what is the point unless Nintendo is going to pay for a exclusive ??

Obviously Nintendo needs to prove 3rd parties can make money. Not just build a console and say pay me to sell games on our console. You have 4 other consoles and 3rd parties actually sell games on the other consoles. Even the wii didnt do great numbers so you can't blame 3rd parties from bypassing the wii u.

#60 Posted by PapaTrop (1643 posts) -

Ubisoft doesn't make good games, but seriously let's hope Nintendo takes their head out of their butt for next gen.

#61 Edited by Speak_Low (1152 posts) -

@PikminWorld said:

I wouldn't necessarily say that yet. They're more or less waiting for the Wii U to at least 10 million unit sales. Whether that's true or not, that they'll bring back support at that number is up to debate but, they do have an exclusive game for the Wii U that they're waiting to release.

I don't think they're waiting for that. Are the spending habits of Wii U owners going to change with those extra 2.5-3 million users? Looking at this quarterly chart, the proportion of Wii U owners buying Ubisoft games (and pretty much any third-party) is extremely low.

Some will say "that's because there were less Ubisoft games coming out on Wii U/3DS" but the amount of games aren't that different compared to other platforms.

The Wii U still got AC, Splinter Cell, Rayman and Child of Light (they just haven't gotten Watch Dogs). Also, PC and Microsoft don't have handhelds to help them out, and the the Xbox One has a smaller install base than the Wii U, and it still contributed to 17% in revenue for Ubisoft in their debut quarter. Ubisoft sees more money coming in from the X1/360 combo than the Wii/Wii U/3DS combo. They see more money coming in from PC alone than the Wii/Wii U/3DS combo.

I don't think there is any excuse left, or that Nintendo "needs more time" (especially when you see the decline in that table above). Maybe Ubisoft will come back for the Nintendo successor, but I think partnership is very close to finito for this generation. Future Watch Dogs sequels, AC, Division and Rainbow Six games will be expensive projects, and they certainly aren't going to take more risks at that point by downporting them to the Wii U that has not given enough in return to Ubisoft.

#62 Edited by KBFloYd (14372 posts) -

so...no monopoly for wiiU owners? ok ubisoft...whatever you say. guess ill buy something else...maybe that crosby stills a nash 74 box set :)

#63 Posted by farrell2k (6675 posts) -

@speak_low said:

I don't think they're waiting for that. Are the spending habits of Wii U owners going to change with those extra 2.5-3 million users? Looking at this quarterly chart, the proportion of Wii U owners buying Ubisoft games (and pretty much any third-party) is extremely low.

Some will say "that's because there were less Ubisoft games coming out on Wii U/3DS" but the amount of games aren't that different compared to other platforms.

The Wii U still got AC, Splinter Cell, Rayman and Child of Light (they just haven't gotten Watch Dogs). Also, PC and Microsoft don't have handhelds to help them out, and the the Xbox One has a smaller install base than the Wii U, and it still contributed to 17% in revenue for Ubisoft in their debut quarter. Ubisoft sees more money coming in from the X1/360 combo than the Wii/Wii U/3DS combo. They see more money coming in from PC alone than the Wii/Wii U/3DS combo.

I don't think there is any excuse left, or that Nintendo "needs more time" (especially when you see the decline in that table above). Maybe Ubisoft will come back for the Nintendo successor, but I think partnership is very close to finito for this generation. Future Watch Dogs sequels, AC, Division and Rainbow Six games will be expensive projects, and they certainly aren't going to take more risks at that point by downporting them to the Wii U that has not given enough in return to Ubisoft.

Agree 100%. Sheep just don't buy 3rd party games, period. There's no point in any 3rd party devs even bothering with Nintendo.

#64 Posted by KBFloYd (14372 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

@speak_low said:

Agree 100%. Sheep just don't buy 3rd party games, period. There's no point in any 3rd party devs even bothering with Nintendo.

nintendo wipes its ass with 3rd parties....guess the feeling is mutual.

#65 Posted by PimpHand_Gamer (498 posts) -

I wish Nintendo would stick to and more robustly support the 3DS with focus on hardware tiers to meet several price points and consumer desires, maybe even add a Nintendo smart phone similar to Ngage as well? I think they could pull it off to meet various demands in the mobile gaming markets , at least moreso than what they can in the console market.

#66 Edited by ZombeGoast (437 posts) -

@speak_low said:

@PikminWorld said:

I wouldn't necessarily say that yet. They're more or less waiting for the Wii U to at least 10 million unit sales. Whether that's true or not, that they'll bring back support at that number is up to debate but, they do have an exclusive game for the Wii U that they're waiting to release.

Besides ZombiU and Rayman that sold very well because it was promoted for the Wii U, All Ubisoft have done for Nintendo is just announcing the game and then sweeping it under the rug. While they are showing off the Ps4 and Xbox One version and then announcing pre-order dlc content along with DLC support trying to get people to buy their games on these two platforms. While leaving the Wii U version behind seeing how its cheaper to just port it over from the 360 version and have like 15 people working on it. It would probably been FAR cheaper to just make the games on the current gen consoles and ditch the last gen consoles. The same with Activision and CoD and they don't release anything on the Eshop and announces the Wii U version of CoD months later after E3.

Who are Ubisoft trying to fool trying to release an unfinished game to the Wii U?

#67 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25978 posts) -

Part of the Reason why Ubisoft games didn't sell well on the WiiU is the perceived notion that the "Nintendo version" of Games are usually the WORST versions.

Last Generation (aka PSWii60 age) Wii version of Multiplats were usually completely different from the PS3 and 360 counter parts. See Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands, Ghost Busters, Sonic Unleashed, and Call of Duty. They also didn't get DLC packs.

WiiU suddenly has an Online Store on par with PSN and Xbox Live. Problem? The Front page isn't riddled with DLC announcements or anything. So Imagine my surprise when I find out that Tyranny of King Washington was Available the SAME DAY the 360 and PS3 versions came out on WiiU. That was NOT advertised in ANY of the Tyranny Trailers on Ubisoft's Youtube. Look at them! No mention.

Rayman got some love for the WiiU as it was seen that game was the highest selling. Shame it still flopped, just Like Splinter Cell. But even though that game flopped the WiiU version sold the worst and it's probably because of a certain mode not being Offline (Co-Op couldn't be done offline in WiiU).

There are multiple reasons why you can say the WiiU version of games didn't sell as well and they may have been true factors as to why, but you can't deny that Ubisoft didn't make the biggest attempt at the WiiU market. Assassin's Creed IV is one of the Best games I have for my WiiU and it's a darn shame it didn't sell as great on the system.

#68 Posted by Kenny789 (10267 posts) -

A real shame. I supported Ubisoft with Assassin's Creed III, Assassin's Creed IV, Splinter Cell, Rayman Legends, and ZombiU. As a big fan of the Assassin's Creed series, I was hoping Ubisoft would release Unity on the Wii U since I don't have a PS4 yet. As for Rogue, I got a cheap PS3 a few months back so I'm fine with that. The Wii U versions of the multiplats may be the "worst" but I really enjoyed them. Oh well, see you Ubisoft. It may be a real shame but I'm honestly not that sad. I'll just get round to playing your games if ever I get a PS4 in the future.