Ubisoft is very close to done with Nintendo it seems.

• 67 results
#1 Edited by Speak_Low (1258 posts) -

Hasbro Game Channel announced today for PS4, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360. They didn't even want to give Nintendo a family board game collection.

Loading Video...

This family-friendly game looks like it could actually make some profit at least, unlike the more expensive AC, Splinter Cell and Watch_Dogs games. But it seems like Ubisoft has had enough of doing third-party business with Nintendo, lmao.

Apart from the upcoming Just Dance U 2015 this October, I think Ubisoft is calling it quits soon on the Wii U. And this gen just started for PS4 and Xbox One, lmao.

- Assassin's Creed: Rogue announced for PS3 and Xbox 360. No Wii U version. Ubisoft doesn't consider you last-gen.

- Assassin's Creed: Unity for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. No Wii U version. Ubisoft doesn't consider you next-gen/current-gen.

- Valant Hearts: The Great War came to XBL, PSN and PC. No Wii U version. Ubisoft doesn't like your online marketplace.

- Far Cry 4 for PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360. No Wii U version. Ubisoft doesn't consider you wingsuit or elephant worthy.

- Watch_Dogs U. They say it's coming this Fall (Ubi gave one-sentence statements back in March and June), but there is no mention of this game anywhere on Ubisoft's site (but every other platform is shown). There is no mention of this game from Ubisoft's Gamescom lineup announced today, but plenty of mentions for AC Rogue, AC Unity and Far Cry 4. And every retailer has the same Pre-Order placeholder date of December 31st, 2014 if you try to purchase Watch_Dogs U. WTF_Dogs is this?

It's like Ubisoft has refused to give retailers any info because they are thinking of cancelling it. Would you confidently Pre-order the Wii U game for a cousin or brother's birthday, when you have no idea if it's even coming at all? This game still remains a mystery - there's ZERO footage and it's supposedly coming out any month now, and there's a big Gamescom event next week!

#2 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

bit of a turnaround from zombi u.

#5 Posted by nutcrackr (12831 posts) -

Any company that comes out and says it's waiting for more people to buy the console before releasing games on it is obviously not happy with the console.

#6 Posted by DocSanchez (2256 posts) -

I said so. They're a company, out to make money. Nintendo fans don't support other companies. It's their own fault. They get supported, and don't support back.

#7 Edited by aroxx_ab (10710 posts) -

Nintendo is doomed, WiiU is the last home-console they will have.

#8 Posted by charizard1605 (60991 posts) -

Nintendo not getting third party support, more at eleven.

#9 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152304 posts) -

@nutcrackr said:

Any company that comes out and says it's waiting for more people to buy the console before releasing games on it is obviously not happy with the console.

So when do they stop supporting the X1?

#10 Edited by princeofshapeir (15092 posts) -

Pretty funny neither Rogue or Unity are coming to Wii U.

#11 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11989 posts) -

I feel sorry for anyone who had ACIV on Wii U

#12 Edited by lamprey263 (25398 posts) -

I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the plug on Watch Dogs.

But I'd at least like to see a Zombie U 2 from them before they drop Wii U support. I don't think there's any reason to make games for the Wii U that are going to be on other systems, that's why I think they should stick to making some Wii U exclusives if they're going to bother with the Wii U at all.

#13 Posted by super600 (31031 posts) -

You mean they are done publishing games for the WiiU and not any of nintendo's future consoles or handhelds?

#14 Posted by chocolate1325 (32595 posts) -

Well when Rayman Legends went multiplatform it probably was the start.

#16 Posted by starwolf474 (969 posts) -

I'm excited about the Hasbro Game Channel. My friend and I was so disappointed when damn EA removed online functionality in Hasbro Family Game Night.

#17 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11989 posts) -

@farrell2k: I own it, the frame rate seems to dip in the teens quite often.

#18 Posted by PikminWorld (433 posts) -

I wouldn't necessarily say that yet. They're more or less waiting for the Wii U to at least 10 million unit sales. Whether that's true or not, that they'll bring back support at that number is up to debate but, they do have an exclusive game for the Wii U that they're waiting to release.

#19 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26238 posts) -

@PikminWorld said:

they do have an exclusive game for the Wii U that they're waiting to release.

I still don't understand the logic behind that one. Doubt it's something we'd care about though. (Plz be Red Steel 3...)

#20 Posted by superbuuman (3210 posts) -
@nutcrackr said:

yup its means Ubi is already done with Wii U..just doing it in a way that doesn't burn bridges. :P

#21 Posted by drekula2 (2968 posts) -

Imagine if that board game collection were a Wii U exclusive slated for this fall with a Nintendo Direct on it.

There'd be soo much nintendo hype.

#22 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9748 posts) -

@PikminWorld said:

I wouldn't necessarily say that yet. They're more or less waiting for the Wii U to at least 10 million unit sales. Whether that's true or not, that they'll bring back support at that number is up to debate but, they do have an exclusive game for the Wii U that they're waiting to release.

Probably No More Heroes 3. That game was confirmed a few years ago.

#23 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9338 posts) -

Nintendo is doomed. Time for sheep to jump ship.

#24 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -

They pretty much said last year that they expected it would be phased out by 2015.

#26 Posted by uninspiredcup (12367 posts) -

Thankfully Nintendo make vastly superior games and has nothing to worry about.

#27 Posted by Wiiboxstation (376 posts) -

Ubisoft games can disappear from the ps4 and xbone for all i care. Watch Dogs was fun to play for about half an hour then just got repetitive. Besides Rayman I haven't liked a Ubisoft game in years. So WiiU can keep the great exclusives coming.

#28 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18324 posts) -

Thats very Unfortunate.... Except I never cared about those games specifically. Any news on another Rayman game ?

#29 Edited by bbkkristian (14967 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer: I feel bad for anyone who's still a fan of the franchise after 3.

#30 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27923 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Thats very Unfortunate.... Except I never cared about those games specifically. Any news on another Rayman game ?

No, either Legends was the last straw for how the previous game bombed or it will be a while before we hear of anything.

#31 Posted by mems_1224 (48408 posts) -

Thats funny because Im very close to being done with Ubisoft.

#32 Edited by dobzilian (2817 posts) -

first time I agree with Speak_Low as Ubisoft are done with Nintendo. Ubisoft even have a game finished which is exclusive for the WiiU if I remember correctly and cannot be assed to bring it on out.

#33 Edited by KungfuKitten (21401 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Interestingly enough this project looks like a decent 3rd party ..errr.. party game/service! Monopoly, Risk and Trivial Pursuit look pretty great!

I can see it being used along the usual dance/Wii Sports-type games in gatherings.

---

Also, yeah. Ubi seems more than done with the WiiU. As matter of fact, it's not just Ubi.

Those are probably the worst board games that I have ever played.

If that were Lords of Vegas, Risk 2210 AD and Timeline, it would have been at least 10 times as good a package. Not that those are the best board games, but man... Who the f plays Monopoly and enjoys it... have they even tried other board games?!
These 3 are actually fun and speak to the same audience as the three they used and are just as easy to make into a videogame. But I suppose they aren't Hasbro... -__-; Seriously Ubisoft...

#34 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27923 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Thats funny because Im very close to being done with Ubisoft.

I'm considering that feeling myself since Ubi is pretty much competing with Square Enix and Team ICO in making the next Duke Nukem Forever, via Beyond Good and Evil 2. I have to admit that these next AC games just don't get me as interested as I was with the last four (plus 2's expansions) and well, I'd still try out Watch_Dogs and still want to buy Legends, but outside of that...

#35 Posted by Elpresador-911 (352 posts) -

@mems_1224: lmao no one gives a shit

#36 Posted by MirkoS77 (8186 posts) -

Not competing, oh what a feeling!

#37 Edited by freedomfreak (43048 posts) -

Reminds me of their initial reveal when they boasted so much about 3rd party being on board.

Yup.

#38 Edited by SolidTy (45767 posts) -

Ubisoft giving up?

You know what I say?

These things happen!

Ubi-soft makes barely okay rated games is what I was gonna say. Zombies U was their best game ever but it's their loss if they quit. I think Ubis-oft are taking a small break actually, but if Ub-isoft are not taking break then screw Tom Clancy. If Ubiso-ft wants to be the next THQ, then that is their business, real talk. Still, there's always better luck next generation with WiiWii 2U and this time when that console comes out, IT'S PERSONAL! Nintendo's going to teach them all lessons when the WiiWii 2U releases.

In any event, Nintendo still has developers supporting the Wii U making all the kinds of great games like Zelda Legend Wakers hd, Mario Cart Eight, Donkey County Topics Freeze, Superman 3D World, the One Hundred and One Wonderfuls, Super Smack Brothers, or even Pikman 3 (+ Pikmen coming soon).

Don't forget DaNasty Warrios guys are making JaRule Warrios. Ubes wants to take on Ninty? It's gonna be MURDAAAA!

#39 Posted by Heirren (18788 posts) -

People understand this has more to do with "behind the door speak" than the hardware, right? Third parties are trying to pull ALL the dlc nonsense from last gen PLUS subscription based services. That's a bad thing. I'd rather have these companies abandon nintendo if this is the case. It means nintendo is sticking to its guns because they know there is a line that has been crossed between consumer and publishers shoving that nonsense in their faces.

#40 Posted by Kjranu (1267 posts) -

In other words, Nintendo wants to replicate Wii success. That means making Wii U a crappy first party platform with one hit wonders like SMG backed by third party shovelware party games. If that is success in their book then I'm staying far, far away from Nintendo.

#42 Posted by Heil68 (46810 posts) -

That's what you get for putting out shitty hardware that cant keep pace with it's competitors.

#43 Edited by dobzilian (2817 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

That's what you get for putting out shitty hardware that cant keep pace with it's competitors.

AC Rogue is on the 360, ps3. makes no sense.

Its down to crap sales of Games.

#44 Posted by Heil68 (46810 posts) -

@dobzilian said:

@Heil68 said:

Then shouldn't it be on the Wii since it has a larger install base than both 360/PS3?

#46 Posted by Heil68 (46810 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

@Heil68 said:

@dobzilian said:

@Heil68 said:

Then shouldn't it be on the Wii since it has a larger install base than both 360/PS3?

No, because everyone knows the wii stopped being a viable platform in 2010.

With a 100+ million install base? Then I was correct in my assumption that crappy hardware is to blame for it and Nintendo's glaring prob;em of lack of 3rd party support.

#47 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26243 posts) -

I have a feeling Watchdogs WiiU will be the rarest version of the game. IE if this game ever gets released there will be few copies due to Ubisoft making only a handful of copies.

That's just me though. I don't know how it will actually go. It might go the way of NBA Elite which is one of the rarest games on the market.

#48 Posted by foxhound_fox (90586 posts) -

As someone who grew tired of AC a couple iterations ago, I say good riddance.

The only thing Ubisoft has a hand in that I retain any interest in is the rebooted Driver franchise. It's been three years since the last game, apparently it "exceeded their [sales] targets" but we haven't even had a new iteration announced yet, so I hold no hope that we'll ever see a new one (and even then I'd get it on PC before anything else).

Ubisoft is one of those companies that supports platforms with a "shotgun approach". Throw enough versions of the game out there that one or some of them will stick long enough to be profitable. Much like EA. Their lack of support for PC and the general treatment of legitimate PC consumers as criminals over the years has seriously soured my opinion of them as a company, and regardless of the game or the platform, I'm certainly going to be thinking twice about whether or not I should continue to support them.

#50 Posted by Wiiboxstation (376 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

lol@you thinking it has anything to do with hardware. If the WiiU was selling like the Wii do you think they would complain about how powerful the hardware is?