Ubisoft Absolutely Frightened of Backlash Against Watch Dogs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by silversix_ (13924 posts) -

I hope the PC version will end up looking like the E3 demo

even tho Far Cry 3 looks sharp on pc does it look anywhere near close to the game's announcement trailer? It will be far from what shown e3 2012 even on pc

#202 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13133 posts) -

@OhSnapitz said:

@musicalmac said:

There's no way the downgrade was this dramatic... That's a different game all together.

The more I look at this, the weirder it seems. The graphics aren't just different, so is the architecture and layout of the environment.

#203 Posted by AcidTango (509 posts) -

The game went from looking like this

To now this

I'm not a graphics whore but still they really do look like two different games. I have seen games not looking as good as their original trailers many times before but this has to be a major downgrade if I have ever seen one. The original one looked like a current gen game but the latest one looks dated. Even GTA V looks better. If Ubisoft is claiming that the game wasn't downgraded then they better put out a better video or other wise they are lying if it really did.

#204 Posted by navyguy21 (12728 posts) -

I really hope the "downgrade" shown is the last gen versions. Im going to be REALLY disappointed if the PS4/XBO versions look that bad.

#205 Posted by Xplode_games (516 posts) -

More important than the graphics is if it's a good game. Problem is I suspect it's not a very good game.

#206 Posted by krisroe_213 (869 posts) -

I really hope the "downgrade" shown is the last gen versions. Im going to be REALLY disappointed if the PS4/XBO versions look that bad.

Sorry to disappoint you but it's PS4 footage

#207 Posted by kinectthedots (1588 posts) -

The game went from looking like this

To now this

I'm not a graphics whore but still they really do look like two different games. I have seen games not looking as good as their original trailers many times before but this has to be a major downgrade if I have ever seen one. The original one looked like a current gen game but the latest one looks dated. Even GTA V looks better. If Ubisoft is claiming that the game wasn't downgraded then they better put out a better video or other wise they are lying if it really did.

Honestly, after looking at both PS4 videos and seeing the new Infamous Second Son footage I don't think either of the two versions look impressive in any way.

The only footage of the game that was really impressive was the very first footage they showed at E3 before the new consoles launched. The footage here really doesn't look any better than high res PS3/360 ports. I can say with confidence that GTA V on PS3/360 look just as impressive as this new Watchdog footage...hell from either of those videos.

GTA5 on PS3/360

Watchdogs PS4?

#208 Posted by CyberLips (1807 posts) -

There's no way the downgrade was this dramatic... That's a different game all together.

Are you freaking serious? DAMN IT next gen sucks big time, if Witcher 3 and Destiny are also a disaster i'm probably gonna stick with my PS3 this gen.

#209 Posted by BiggChonies882 (48 posts) -

I don't know why anybody would be hyped over a Ubisoft game. They are all pretty much the same.

Although I heard Assassins Creed II was good though. But after seeing the "story" in Assassins Creed I quickly lost interest.