Ubisoft Absolutely Frightened of Backlash Against Watch Dogs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

It's absolutely baffling if this footage isn't from the ps3, lol. It looks like ps2 as is, GTA V shits on this.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

What the **** that looks like Tony Hawk's pro skater 3.

THPS3 was f*cking awesome though...but this...

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Locutus_Picard said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

What the **** that looks like Tony Hawk's pro skater 3.

THPS3 was f*cking awesome though...but this...

I have an urge to grind those rails now.

Lmfao at the painted on low ass res Cinderblock texture, what the shit is this? This looks like a mobile game.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#154 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

It won't matter. It's still going to sell millions.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#155  Edited By Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

Don't get why people get so hyped so far in advance. Stuff like this happens all the time?

People got hyped because they were shown something that was promised to be in game in engine footage, and looked like an indication of a next gen game. They were strung along for three years, and then they got a downgrade that was almost two generations down. Of course they're pissed now.

where are the screenshots and the proof? You sound to be whining over nothing. Don't start crap, because the same thing happened to thief which by the way turned out to be fantastic. All the haters spewed their shyte and the hive mentality set in, next thing you kjnow people didn't buy the game and are missing out. Same thing will happen here if people like you keep this up, and people will miss out and others will loose their jobs.

And you being a sheep, and a fanatical one of all, should not be touting about graphics in one thread... its hypocritcal and down right insulting when the same nintendo games you used to praise weren't ever above 480p... So what happened to gameplay over graphics? At least wait til a reviewer gets the game and we see some legit proof, not some internet "troll". Just saying. I get upset when stupid rumors get spread and the hive mind sets in.

It happened to favorite games of mine that no one but a select few got to play... Alpha protocol, Theif and probably watch dogs....ugggh...all great games to me that the hive mind made a decision about before release.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

@handssss said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

Xbox One footage, it's time to unleash dGPU. ;)

those are PS button prompts.

This is the mobile version?

linkdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By linkdarkside
Member since 2003 • 6279 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@clyde46 said:

Downgrade confirmed?

Confirmed.

The only question is, is this the biggest downgrade ever?

the second pic look like GTA5 which was last gen.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#158 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Those that ate up the initial reveal demo as indicative of console performance have only yourselves to blame. They never claimed your console would look like that, and despite people claiming otherwise we have zero indication of how this game performs on superior hardware. After years of bullshots and PC performance reveals, some of you really should know better by now.

And let's not forget how many of you claim to appreciate gameplay over graphics. Now all I'm seeing is the usual suspects showing their hypocrisy by trying to trash a game they haven't played because they let their hype over graphics overflow. Again.

I'm unsure whether Watch Dogs is gonna make it into my collection, but I do know I'm not using some silly GIF to decide.

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#159 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

Wow I just saw the pic where he's hiding behind cover. It looks absolutely hideous

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#160 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@locopatho said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

Yes it's a downgrade, but glorified PS2 game? I think you're forgetting what open world games looked like back then.

It doesn't look like an open world PS2 game but maybe a Need For Speed PS2 game?

Think you're pretty ,much right there. And do remember, NFS Underground 2 was an open World game too. Your PS2 shot, the cars are just as detailed, to this shot; there is even more interesting lighting and a better texture on the road. I really hope this shot is a glitched shot or something.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#161 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@Midnightshade29 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

Don't get why people get so hyped so far in advance. Stuff like this happens all the time?

People got hyped because they were shown something that was promised to be in game in engine footage, and looked like an indication of a next gen game. They were strung along for three years, and then they got a downgrade that was almost two generations down. Of course they're pissed now.

where are the screenshots and the proof? You sound to be whining over nothing. Don't start crap, because the same thing happened to thief which by the way turned out to be fantastic. All the haters spewed their shyte and the hive mentality set in, next thing you kjnow people didn't buy the game and are missing out. Same thing will happen here if people like you keep this up, and people will miss out and others will loose their jobs.

And you being a sheep, and a fanatical one of all, should not be touting about graphics in one thread... its hypocritcal and down right insulting when the same nintendo games you used to praise weren't ever above 480p... So what happened to gameplay over graphics? At least wait til a reviewer gets the game and we see some legit proof, not some internet "troll". Just saying. I get upset when stupid rumors get spread and the hive mind sets in.

It happened to favorite games of mine that no one but a select few got to play... Alpha protocol, Theif and probably watch dogs....ugggh...all great games to me that the hive mind made a decision about before release.

Unfortunately, when the "hive-mind" was raving about Watch_Dogs, I was never interested in Watch_Dogs. Now that the "hive-mind" is blasting it, I'm still not interested. It just doesn't interest me; it has nothing to do with mass opinion. The game will sell millions but whether that's enough to spin a profit is another story due to constant delays and internal problems with the game's development -- although Ubisoft tends to annualize things so a sequel shouldn't be too far outside the realm of possibilities.

Whether Charizard was hyped before/after is another story, but for me I feigned interest at most towards this game. Who cares what others hate as long as you're happy with the game anyway? Sure a sequel might not get made but are those that important and needed to enjoy the one awesome game you got to play? I would say no; if a game doesn't get a sequel it's not an extremely big deal as a million other games will release in the future to fill that void - for the most part.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#162  Edited By Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

@hanman9 said:

I'd actually laugh if the Wii U was the definitive version.... All the gamepad features n all

I think ill wait n see what it's like. Could well be the best of dem all

the WII U version isn't even coming out the same time as the PS4/PS3/360/XB1 Versions

linkdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 linkdarkside
Member since 2003 • 6279 Posts
Loading Video...

just saiyan.

hanman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 hanman9
Member since 2005 • 410 Posts

@Sweenix: uhuh....Hence why i said, i think ill wait... :S

Besides, they may actually take the extra time to improve certain things as well add unique features. Time will tell

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#165 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Sushiglutton said:

I'm always sceptical when the entire internet uses the same pic/gif to prove a point. It smells reverse cherry picking to me. I don't think the perceived visuals will be anywhere near as bad as in that gif when you play the game on a next gen console/PC.

I think the core idea of "GTA with city-powers" is still so awesome that I'm gonna check it out regardless :)!

Well, you don't need to look at that gif, it's just a representation of the downgrade.

Just look at the latest story trailer, it's a massive downgrade and looks almost like a PS3/360 game. In fact, many people still believe the footage was from PS3/360...

I agree it's a clear downgrade (lots of footage supporting that claim). But that gif makes it look like a Ps2 game, which is just silly.

Ok I have seen a bunch of more footage now and I stand corrected :). Wow, just wow, what the heck happened?

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#167 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Kinda glad I cancelled my pre-order a while ago. I'll pick this up for 20 bucks when it reaches that price like 2 months after it releases... like almost every other freaking Ubisoft game.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#168 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

PS2? No. Early gen PS3? Yes. That's what you get for whoring yourself out to every platform under the sun, and mix in MP with SP.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I'm getting it for the PC, so sucks for you console scrubs. lawl

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Hmmm something is awry here considering GTA5 on PS3 looks better than that.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#171 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

ubisoft needs to grow some nuts 1st thing

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

Wow, this is just getting embarrassing. I'll still be buying the game since I think it looks fun, but damn the graphics are getting torn a new asshole. This pic is even more damning than the original gif comparison considering this one is of a last gen game.

Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Midnightshade29

@hanman9 said:

I know it's a visual downgrade, but saying 'no purchase' at this stage is purely jumping the gun. I mean it could still be an absolutely brilliant game.

But, i s'pose these days it's more about the visuals than gameplay for many people. I mean it could play amazing but coz the reflections on a car are scaled back... Nah... Ill pass.

Lol, gamers these days.

My thoughts exactly. You can tell the people who have been gaming for years vs the xbox kids..... Uggh... I grew up with atari block ass graphics and 4 color CGA comptuer graphics... it didn't bother me back then as long as the game was good..... why do fools feel so entitled? and why the hell do they jump to conclusions from a damn video with no other informaiotn.... wait until more is revealed. I hate the hive mind mentality.. These fools did it to Alpha Protocol and theif both turned out to be great games, but most gamers around here wouldn't know...

Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Midnightshade29

@tonitorsi said:

@Wasdie said:

They should be. They can't justify that massive downgrade. Clearly the assets and rendering quality have been decreased. The game will look absolutely nothing like the original demos they showed. Hell even towards the end of last year we saw a clear decrease in quality when they started showing off actual gameplay.

Pathetic Ubisoft.

Its Ubisoft. And their known to pull off wack ass downgrades. They as well, always do so with bullshots like no legitimate shits were given lol.

I for one am cool that their shady ways are getting dragged, but Gaf has a tendency to really overblown loads of nonsensical technicalities.

Therefore, giving credit where its due, There's this italian preview that demo'd a portion of the in-game graphics and from what I got out of it, it looks nothing like that used up Gif.

I am positive the game will provide lots of fun when its all said done.

wow...look at all the people ignoring your post with common sense.... They all want something to hate..why? Is their lives so empty? So full of nothingness that the feel the need to hate on any little thing, even a freakn rumor? MY god some of you internet people are beyond hope.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

that gif is bullshit and obviously NOT ps4 footage. this is the gif everyone is having a bitch fit over...

now this is different footage of the same exact scenario, except just moments earlier...

notice the major lighting changes on the car and particle effects? that original gif posted has got to be a next gen/last gen comparison, there's nothing else to it. this outcry is just further proof of how ridiculously fickle the gaming community has become over the last decade.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@DrTrafalgarLaw said:

Second Son looks on par, if not slightly a little better than the E3 2013 trailer of Watch Dogs. There is no reason it should look like a PS3 game on PS4. This just might be the biggest bait & switch ever done.

One would think Xbox One development gimped the visuals in the game, since every previous footage was on PS4 before a glimpse of Xbox One version was shown. But I'm going to go ahead and say it's probably a mix of both Ubisoft's ineptitude and XB1 development.

Once. Fucking. Again:

@charizard1605 said:

Fucking hell.

No. No it is not. Neither is the Wii U, nor Xbox 360 or PS3. You know why? Because Assassin's Creed IV was on all these systems too, and it looked amazing.

you sir, need to calm the **** down, look at the gifs i presented and wait for the final product to be released before going into full fledged riot mode.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ Speak_Low

No. It was hardly in trouble to begin with. Gamers are the one who are doomed.

MisterXMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 MisterXMedia
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

It's sickening how both the gamers and the press fellate MS at every second.

Where was the outrage when Flopza 5 was heavily downgraded from the E3 showing? The Forza 5 downgrades were about the same as the watch dogs downgrade, yet we didn't hear a peep from it from the media, nor were there big arguments in popular internet forums.

Not trying to defend Ubisoft here. They need to stop releasing bullshots, but why does MS get a free pass? Why don't we place them under the same scrutiny?

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

@speak_low said:

@lazerface216 said:

That new gif actually looks very good.

Watch_Dogs saved?

are you kidding? a modified GTA IV still look better than that new gif...

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

@MisterXMedia said:

Where was the outrage when Flopza 5 was heavily downgraded from the E3 showing? The Forza 5 downgrades were about the same as the watch dogs downgrade, yet we didn't hear a peep from it from the media, nor were there big arguments in popular internet forums.

Not trying to defend Ubisoft here. They need to stop releasing bullshots, but why does MS get a free pass? Why don't we place them under the same scrutiny?

The forza 5 downgrade was big but this apparent downgrade is huge (judging only by the gif comparison).

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#182 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

all this does is makes me worried what we saw for the Division is not what's going to be in the game.

Everyone knows that was scripted as crap, but they still want the game to be everything like it.

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@clyde46 said:

@musicalmac said:

There's no way the downgrade was this dramatic... That's a different game all together.

PS4 vs 360?

That gif is comparing footage from how Watch Dogs initially looked to how it looks now on PS4.

Yeah, you read that right it's not the PS3/360 version. It's footage from the preview that Gamespot did of the PS4 version. :(

Are you fucking serious? Absolutely horrific if that's really the PS4

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#184 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@MisterXMedia said:

what was there defense....

"the cloud wow, such next gen, cows jelly that forza and ryse smoking ps4"

yet bore-za 5 is really cruisin' usa upscaled

and ryse being a remake of battletoads, they were ok with the downgrades.

but this is almost unacceptable, fucking need for speed underground on the ps2 looks better than watch_dogs.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

Ok I have seen a bunch of more footage now and I stand corrected :). Wow, just wow, what the heck happened?

Aliens and this show us that developers and publishers are allowed to lie about what a game will look like to get more people interested and hyped.

Same thing will happen to The Devision...

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

I hope the PC version will end up looking like the E3 demo

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Omega-316
Member since 2011 • 981 Posts

Lol and ppl thought this game would be better then gta5....train derailed before it even launched.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@MisterXMedia said:

The gaming press wants to give Microsoft a handicap with the XBone. No one spent as much on advertising as they did last gen. They spent like a half billion on marketing Kinect alone. Microsoft advertising dollars pays for journalists Christmas bonuses. They will not be the dagger to slit the throat of the XBone. It is what it is.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#190  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

But is it really a surprise? Is this the first time it has happened? I mean, I am still psyched to play Watchdogs. Because for me, Playing it is the fun part. Now I like a good looking game as well, but I disagree. It is not PS2 level, and still hope its fun to play.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#191 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

But is it really a surprise? Is this the first time it has happened? I mean, I am still psyched to play Watchdogs. Because for me, Playing it is the fun part. Now I like a good looking game as well, but I disagree. It is not PS2 level, and still hope its fun to play.

The gameplay itself looks so downgraded, boring, and repetitive from the boundless possibilities that were promised at the game's unveil as well. As we have seen more and more of the game, the gameplay has progressively seemed more and more boring- this game still had one thing going for it, and that was its visual ambition, and now that's gone too.

Who knows, maybe it will still be a good game and stuff, but as it stands now, my excitement for this title is below zero.

OmegaPillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 OmegaPillow
Member since 2010 • 1055 Posts

Disgusting not buying the game now

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#193 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@charizard1605:

Fair enough.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@musicalmac said:

There's no way the downgrade was this dramatic... That's a different game all together.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 OhSnapitz
@LegatoSkyheart said:

all this does is makes me worried what we saw for the Division is not what's going to be in the game.

Everyone knows that was scripted as crap, but they still want the game to be everything like it.

Holy Fricking Crap! If the Division turns out like this.. I'm not supporting Ubi anymore. Saw the vid and that's fvking ridiculous! WD's was one of the reasons I reserved a PS4. Now I'm not saying the game looks utterly terrible, but jeez. It's clear that Ubi down scaled the visuals.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#196 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Remember when this won best of E3 2012? What a disappointment.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

I really hope Rockstar makes a PC/PS4/xbone version of GTA 5. It would absolutely destroy Watch Dogs.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#198 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

As much as Ubi pisses me off with their bullshit, I'm gonna wait until the truth comes out. They couldn't have screwed this up that bad.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#199 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Pray_to_me said:

I really hope Rockstar makes a PC/PS4/xbone version of GTA 5. It would absolutely destroy Watch Dogs.

Yes, it totally would. The console versions, even with their issues look amazing for what they are.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By OhSnapitz

@lazerface216 said:

that gif is bullshit and obviously NOT ps4 footage. this is the gif everyone is having a bitch fit over...

now this is different footage of the same exact scenario, except just moments earlier...

notice the major lighting changes on the car and particle effects? that original gif posted has got to be a next gen/last gen comparison, there's nothing else to it. this outcry is just further proof of how ridiculously fickle the gaming community has become over the last decade.

Dude it's not just that gif.. Look at the entire vid from the GS front page. Now compare that to the E3/Post E3 footage. It's like looking at a PC version vs. the 360 (second generation).