Ubisoft Absolutely Frightened of Backlash Against Watch Dogs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

@locopatho: The original footage was indeed running on PC. The downgrade has been confirmed to be the PS4 version. Unless they downgrade the PC version with console assets, then he's likely correct...

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

anyone remember this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TMNaYQfUUGM

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#103  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

This was so blown off out of damn proportion on Gaf.

I saw an italian preview posted on that thread that showcased the in-game graphics on a much grander fidelity and looks nothing like that shit ass Gif,

It looks very solid. I wish I could find the preview link but it was lost in all the crazy commotion.

And Gaf always literally exaggerates everything and anything for the hell of it.

#Relax

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@superclocked said:

@locopatho: The original footage was indeed running on PC. The downgrade has been confirmed to be the PS4 version. Unless they downgrade the PC version with console assets, then he's likely correct...

The awesome footage was also seen on PS4. He's not correct he's just lying, for trollsies.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#105  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

They should be. They can't justify that massive downgrade. Clearly the assets and rendering quality have been decreased. The game will look absolutely nothing like the original demos they showed. Hell even towards the end of last year we saw a clear decrease in quality when they started showing off actual gameplay.

Pathetic Ubisoft.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44556 Posts

If the gameplay is solid I don't see why people are complaining. If people want something graphically more impressive then maybe they should settle for a 720p or lower version that can either support a higher framerate and/or better visual effects. If people still aren't satisfied then get a PC. It's too early to pass judgment on the game as of yet. And I'm sure if it does well enough Ubisoft will be on top of annual sequels that will improve with time. Too early to pass judgment on the next gen systems as well as things will probably improve in the next couple years.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By locopatho

@lamprey263 said:

If the gameplay is solid I don't see why people are complaining. If people want something graphically more impressive then maybe they should settle for a 720p or lower version that can either support a higher framerate and/or better visual effects. If people still aren't satisfied then get a PC. It's too early to pass judgment on the game as of yet.

Consoles settled for 720P from 2005 to 2013. That time is over. This is a more powerful, new gen. In theory anyway.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@Wasdie said:

They should be. They can't justify that massive downgrade. Clearly the assets and rendering quality have been decreased. The game will look absolutely nothing like the original demos they showed. Hell even towards the end of last year we saw a clear decrease in quality when they started showing off actual gameplay.

Pathetic Ubisoft.

Its Ubisoft. And their known to pull off wack ass downgrades. They as well, always do so with bullshots like no legitimate shits were given lol.

I for one am cool that their shady ways are getting dragged, but Gaf has a tendency to really overblown loads of nonsensical technicalities.

Therefore, giving credit where its due, There's this italian preview that demo'd a portion of the in-game graphics and from what I got out of it, it looks nothing like that used up Gif.

I am positive the game will provide lots of fun when its all said done.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

Well then that was unexpected...

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#110  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Downgrade confirmed?

Like Deep Down before it. At least Capcom and going to try and fix the problem.

It really does look like a PS2 game now. Just look at the car. Even GT6 cars looked better then that.

What's with all the damn FOG???

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#111  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I'm always sceptical when the entire internet uses the same pic/gif to prove a point. It smells reverse cherry picking to me. I don't think the perceived visuals will be anywhere near as bad as in that gif when you play the game on a next gen console/PC.

I think the core idea of "GTA with city-powers" is still so awesome that I'm gonna check it out regardless :)!

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Then they really should stop falsely showing off footages that won't even represent the final build.

Quit the bullshit and show the real stuff that will happen in the real world. Not in your fantasy dreams. On PC, possibly. But not when fucking consoles are in the way.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 blackace

@locopatho said:

@superclocked said:

The awesome footage was also seen on PS4. He's not correct he's just lying, for trollsies.

Yeah.. and it's a huge downgrade. It looks worse the MGS V:GZ on the XB1. These developers must have been running the games on suped up PC at the E3. They they tried to movie the game to PS4 and XB1 and they couldn't handle it. That's probably why there was a delay. They couldn't optimize the game to be where they wanted. The game looks like a 1st generation PS3 game now.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46231 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

I'm always sceptical when the entire internet uses the same pic/gif to prove a point. It smells reverse cherry picking to me. I don't think the perceived visuals will be anywhere near as bad as in that gif when you play the game on a next gen console/PC.

I think the core idea of "GTA with city-powers" is still so awesome that I'm gonna check it out regardless :)!

Well, you don't need to look at that gif, it's just a representation of the downgrade.

Just look at the latest story trailer, it's a massive downgrade and looks almost like a PS3/360 game. In fact, many people still believe the footage was from PS3/360...

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

Lol Ubisoft playing the victim

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Everyone knew the initial reveal was running off a decked out PC; downgrades for consoles were to be expected. Same thing will happen with Division--Ubisoft's whole "oh please beg for a PC port" was just PR bullshit done to generate hype; that game was running off a PC and everyone knew it.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#117  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Sushiglutton said:

Well, you don't need to look at that gif, it's just a representation of the downgrade.

Just look at the latest story trailer, it's a massive downgrade and looks almost like a PS3/360 game. In fact, many people still believe the footage was from PS3/360...

I agree it's a clear downgrade (lots of footage supporting that claim). But that gif makes it look like a Ps2 game, which is just silly.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#118 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Don't worry about it Ubisoft, I'm sure the game will be the best openworld sandbox game since Assassin's Creed 3.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@cfisher2833 said:

Everyone knew the initial reveal was running off a decked out PC; downgrades for consoles were to be expected. Same thing will happen with Division--Ubisoft's whole "oh please beg for a PC port" was just PR bullshit done to generate hype; that game was running off a PC and everyone knew it.

that is not even a downgrade, this is a complete change of graphics like what Gearbox did with Alien. Its nowhere near the same now, like another engine or something

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#120 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

lil gem from Mister X's blog bahahaha

one last attempt.

parasite76

2014-03-06 04:30 pm (UTC)

Guys you aren't going to like this but my source's have told me there is a huge push to make watchdogs inferior on Xbox one to take the momentum building going into e3 away. Look for resolution gate to be a big part. Ubisoft from the pressure of Sony will not convert the ddevelopment over to take advantage of new ask. My source also told me the game is a rehash AC anyway.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@locopatho said:

@lamprey263 said:

If the gameplay is solid I don't see why people are complaining. If people want something graphically more impressive then maybe they should settle for a 720p or lower version that can either support a higher framerate and/or better visual effects. If people still aren't satisfied then get a PC. It's too early to pass judgment on the game as of yet.

Consoles settled for 720P from 2005 to 2013. That time is over. This is a more powerful, new gen. In theory anyway.

You can't spell settle without a few of the letters in "console".

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

If the gameplay is solid I don't see why people are complaining. If people want something graphically more impressive then maybe they should settle for a 720p or lower version that can either support a higher framerate and/or better visual effects. If people still aren't satisfied then get a PC. It's too early to pass judgment on the game as of yet. And I'm sure if it does well enough Ubisoft will be on top of annual sequels that will improve with time. Too early to pass judgment on the next gen systems as well as things will probably improve in the next couple years.

No need, visit my new Infamous gif thred I created on the reason why Dem_next_gen_graphic_is_here

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 locopatho

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@locopatho said:

@lamprey263 said:

It wasn't exactly settling in 2005, the gen was just a bit too long. Anyway it's 1080P time, anything less than that need not apply.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By lamprey263  Online

@locopatho said:

@lamprey263 said:

But why does graphics have to settle on resolution when they can enhance the visual effects with that extra power instead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#125 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@locopatho said:

@lamprey263 said:

I see 's' and 'e' and 'l'!

You're right!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 lamprey263  Online

@kinectthedots said:

@lamprey263 said:

No need, visit my new Infamous gif thred I created on the reason why Dem_next_gen_graphic_is_here

I've seen enough of it, pretty impressive show of the PS4's potential, though the gameplay doesn't look that appealing to me.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 blackace

@misterpmedia said:

one last attempt.

parasite76

Guys you aren't going to like this but my source's have told me there is a huge push to make watchdogs inferior on Xbox one to take the momentum building going into e3 away. Look for resolution gate to be a big part. Ubisoft from the pressure of Sony will not convert the ddevelopment over to take advantage of new ask. My source also told me the game is a rehash AC anyway.

Well the video being shown is for the PS4 version. So... not sure what Mister X is talking about. Both versions will have a huge downgrade from the video Ubisoft as released. Both versions are inferior. Now we know why the game was able to do 1080P, 960P. The whole graphic engine was downgraded to allow it. Now we know why the game was delayed.

Developers haven't gotten a full grasp on the hardware yet it seems.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

one last attempt.

parasite76

Well the video being shown is for the PS4 version. So... not sure what Mister X is talking about. Both versions will have a huge downgrade from the video Ubisoft as released. Both versions are inferior. Now we know why the game was able to do 1080P, 960P. The whole graphic engine was downgraded to allow it. Now we know why the game was delayed.

Developers haven't gotten a full grasp on the hardware yet it seems.

Agree. In general the downgrade is a bit insulting to those who've waited and probably pre-ordered on 2013 footage. Must have been going through dev hell at this point.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

damn, the ps4 version got downgraded really hard. :(

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By locopatho

@lamprey263 said:

@locopatho said:

@lamprey263 said:

But why does graphics have to settle on resolution when they can enhance the visual effects with that extra power instead.

Because they can have both. I know more res = less fancy graphics, but they should be able to manage prettier graphics AND 1080P. Otherwise what's the point of the new consoles? GTAV just showed us that we could have awesome open world graphics @720P. If that's all next gen is providing (and Watchdogs looks worse than GTAV right now) then what is the point of a new gen?

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#131 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

If PC can produce image like that, why downgrade PC version tho?..I mean at least let those who purchase them expensive gfx cards get enjoyment out of them...**** this uniformity experience crap. :P

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By blackace

@KarateeeChop said:

damn, the ps4 version got downgraded really hard. :(

I'm glad I waited and didn't pre-order. I wondering what The Division is going to look like.

Here's what Watch Dogs originally looked like.

http://www.abload.de/img/watch_dog-50uu0c.gif

http://i.minus.com/ibcUynCutGtfED.gif

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Hopefully its not as bad as this...

Loading Video...

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#134 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I think they probably over estimated what the next gen consoles where actually capable of delivering with the original footage they showed off. Lets hope that the game just turns out to be good and that the PC version hasnt been compromised by this console gutting its received.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#135 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

one last attempt.

parasite76

lmfao, that preemptive damage control. Atleast MS has a dedicated Nurse for all it's boo boo's.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Bad trend for developers glorifying PC tech demo, engines and games for console use.
Either way, the gameplay is not compromised. So those "gameplay over graphics" lovers have nothing to worry about.

Am guessing cross gen is not always the right way for some. It sure does look different from the original E3 build.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

it's time to see the light. it's time to see infamous

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

I get the feeling this game is gonna be a huge disappointment like AC3

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By locopatho

@Shinobishyguy said:

That game really did suck.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Wow, worst downgrade ever,lol

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@kinectthedots said:

@lamprey263 said:

I've seen enough of it, pretty impressive show of the PS4's potential, though the gameplay doesn't look that appealing to me.

then you need to come look at the thread if you haven't before. It shows new gameplay and it looks awsome, seeing is believeing.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

they should be. it looks ALOT worse

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#143 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

LMAO WIIU LOOKS WAY BETTER THEN THAT INFACT DRIVER PARALELL LINES LOOKS BETTER THEN THAT

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@Shinobishyguy said:

Been feeling that way myself for a long time about it

35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

That can't be final graphics on the next gen consoles. That barely looks better than Need for Speed: Underground 2 from 2004....

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@Locutus_Picard said:

Xbox One footage, it's time to unleash dGPU. ;)

those are PS button prompts.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Locutus_Picard said:

Xbox One footage, it's time to unleash dGPU. ;)

What the **** that looks like Tony Hawk's pro skater 3.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#149 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Ubisoft is just incredibly lazy. There is no excuse for why they couldn't achieve something that looks fairly similar to that first Watch Dogs video from 2012. Hell, InFamous SS looks almost as good as what was shown in that video and it's on PS4. Ubi deserves every ounce of hate coming their way. I wish people could file lawsuits against this bullshit.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#150 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

The graphics? Eh, there have been better but if the gameplay is good it won't matter.

I'm happy that people are in an uproar about it. If this really is how bad things have gotten with the game, then people have a right to be. Ubisoft often shows the games looking amazing, only to have a visual downgrade hit hard. With the consoles we have today there is no reason to be doing this; for the most part games look great!