ubi's worst first try... FC2-AC1-W_D?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

Ya know, you try and have a little fun and then you get "minishdriveby 'ed ..."

Instinct was a sequel in the same narrative of the crytek far cry if memory serves... funny story, my original xbox was not compatible with the console release... multiple disks went in, all were rejected with a funny error code. Every other game worked like aces.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

AC1 has a better protagonist.....FC2 is actually a really good game.....and WD is pretty fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Couth_ said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Watch Dogs gets my vote. Watch Dogs has some of the worst mission design I have ever experienced. Those stealth missions are just awful. Also cutting back the PC quality was a strange and dirty move. And I own it on PS4.

@with_teeth26 said:

I think W_D had enough variety to be enjoyable despite the poopy story. The stealth gameplay was really good. I also enjoyed FC2 for its setting and diagetic UI even though it got repetitive.

I'd say AC1, the platforming controls got annoying after a while and the combat was pretty broken. Plus it was repetitive as shit.

Someone is lying

LOL. I promise you my thoughts are 100% genuine. I HATE the stealth missions in that game!

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

WatchDogs ftw, the story was short, hacking was lackluster and the online was just too buggy.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

@Couth_ said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Watch Dogs gets my vote. Watch Dogs has some of the worst mission design I have ever experienced. Those stealth missions are just awful. Also cutting back the PC quality was a strange and dirty move. And I own it on PS4.

@with_teeth26 said:

I think W_D had enough variety to be enjoyable despite the poopy story. The stealth gameplay was really good. I also enjoyed FC2 for its setting and diagetic UI even though it got repetitive.

I'd say AC1, the platforming controls got annoying after a while and the combat was pretty broken. Plus it was repetitive as shit.

Someone is lying

LOL. I promise you my thoughts are 100% genuine. I HATE the stealth missions in that game!

I'll fight ya!

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@Couth_ said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@with_teeth26 said:

Someone is lying

I'll fight ya!

I liked em....stealth 1911 and camera use FTW

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46270 Posts

Far Cry 2 was just awful across the board.

It had some cool concepts, like starting fires or letting you attack from a distance. But the AI was broken, so there was that system down the drain.

Wasn't it fun that you would have maleria and your car would break down constantly ? No, it was not

Sure, AC had problems too. But nowhere near the level of getting annoying like Far Cry 2.

Except for the ending. Where you would just have sword fight after sword fight after sword fight. That got annoying.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#58  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@geniobastardo said:

Far cry 2 all the way. That game sucked more balls than Sasha Grey.

lol I keep getting her confused with Skylar Grey, both of whom, interesting enough, worked with Eminem on different projects; Skylar in two different songs (one of them included with Dre), and Sasha in a music video.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts
@lostrib said:

I would say FC2, there were so many cool ideas that just turned out so wrong

Like the fact that your character starts out with aids or something and if you wander out too far without medicine or whatever he falls over and you get put back in town. I pretty much stopped playing it at that point because I knew where it was going.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

OP just inception-ed my thought. AC1 was poo for its repetitiveness with a great concept, but AC2 figured out what game it wanted to be through new gameplay and refinement. I hope w_d will be the same.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Ass Creed 1 and Far Cry 2 can at least be given credit for trying to do unique things and be ambitious. If a little unfinished and poorly designed. Watch Dogs is a soul less, run of the mill, hit every checklist Ubisoft game. It's more offensive.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

@Bikouchu35: I started this thread to do just that. ;)

I hope watchdogs 2 evolves into something I want to play too, but honestly, for some reason I just don't see it happening.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#64 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

i don't got one, Watchdogs is alright for me. and never played FC2, FC3 is my first FC

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@TheEroica said:

wow... you replayed all of ac1 in its entirety? I really liked it first time through... I find the series almost wholely lacking in replayability though. Maybe it's because they come out too darn fast.

Mhm. Then again, I played AC1 on launch, which was quite some time ago.

I agree though. I don't feel the urge to play through an AC game. Like you said, might as well wait for the new installment.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#67  Edited By dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Assassin's Creed 2 was amazing... totally crushed any apprehension we had over AC1... but AC1 still remains as a somewhat botched first attempt in the eye of gamers.(though I liked it)

Far Cry 3 was a GOTY contender and is almost universally praised for what it does... yet Far Cry 2, ubi's first attempt at the series is paned as a boring mess of an open world fps.

Then there is WatchDogs... sigh. A game that although functions well, offers nothing to the genre or modern gaming whatsoever and manages to be more drab and tired than some open world games of 5 years ago.

My question is, what was ubi's most vomit inducing kick off to these three highly successful franchises?

Agreed abour ac2 and watchdogs but not for far cry 3 and fc2.

I really liked fc2, because it had endless carnage of enemies and agressive combat/ai and the guns were balanced to suit diffirent playstyles while fc3 was too linear and scripted with very short gunfights and the guns were basicly an upgrade toy your previous weapon rather varied.

Many people hate fc2, but that games combat ai and sound really got into me and the ability to snipe someone and have their ally carry them and blow them both up with mortar is uber satysfing. Fc2 had some interesting ways to kill enemies. Fc2 on the other hand...when the game tells you sto knife someone, you better do it and things like c4 and mines are utterly useless since the game is very linear, infact plant a mine in a camp and everyone knows where you are.

Now why fc3 is so linear?

First thing you do is go up the watchtowers to unlock the map, or you cant see enemies and pickups on the map, then you get your free map, because working for your stuff is too "borring" for dem dudebros. Then you capture a outpost, when you do that the game decides it will be "cool" to remove every single enemy in the area so you can explore and open identical lootboxes while your wallet is full, without having to fight any enemies whatsoever...basicly it makes exploration of the open world to feel like a empty lifeless place. No checkpoint to camps either, just a insanelly large area with no bad guys. Then you do the hunting missions which lose their appeal quite quickly but hey you got to do them becuase you get those inventory upgrades. Then you do the wanted missions which DEMAND that you go stealth and knife the target. Becuase firguring cool ways to kill your enemies like say snipping, blowing themp up or ramming a car on them is not "fun" not going guns and blazzing in just ONE of those tons of identical wanted missions. On the other hand far cry 2, deus ex and dishonored didnt force you to do things a specific way.

The open world is basicly empty and very linear, you cant see the map unless you get to the watchtower and unlock your free gun, you cant do the side missions, wanted and hunting missions unless you capture the outpost, but doing that removes enemies from the map making exploration borring and lifeless (thats why they patched in the option to reset outposts) and then you got the main mission, which is more suitable to a movie than game. It starts good with the boat and the base mission, then it becomes linear and scripted with meele fiht qtes and even going as far as not allowing you to zoom out the sniper scope in one mission.

Its like someone took gta and decided to make the missions as scripted as cod. Watchdogs has more freedom propably because fc2 devs worked on it

Anyway i find it funny ubisoft has more developers than any other studios yet no one has any new ideas. All their games play alike, eg every time you load game in fc3 you get a phone call same wiht watchdogs, there are sidemissions that require you find the target and hit him from behind with a mele weapon...basicly they use the same scripts they dont have any innovation.

I am suprised that far cry 4 has so many "new" to ubisoft, features. Also watchdogs has super uber downgraded, they said the delay was in order to finish the game and get in it everything they wanted but they didnt even manage to get the firing animations in it.

Loading Video...

6:15

Anyway after all that i cant trust ubisoft, they messed up future soldier as well and far cry 3 was not originally gonna be the game it ended up to be, infact it was initially in antarica, most of the fc2 devs left, so the people who made fc3 were diffirent, if you take a look at e3 you will see the enemy camps were bigger and the game was supossed to be more linear and less open world.

In ac3 a dev said "i had no idea that the game had lockpicking" So many peple and so many ubisoft studios work on these games that its like one guy is at the bottom of the sea and the other guy is in outer space, they dont have the best comunication and waht they are doing usually ends up a big mess.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Before FC2 came out, I was really excited as first-person open world games weren't common back then. I don't remember the beginning of Far Cry 2 very well, I recall seeing two men inside a house. I saw a vehicle, had smoke coming out of it. Followed the instructions and fixed it. I was so excited imagining driving around a vast open area. So I did. After driving a few kilometres (I think) some shit started covering my screen. Thought that the game was giving me a warning or something, as if it was a restricted area. I disregarded and died. WTF? Did the same thing again and I died again. I think I continued with the story for a while, but it just doesn't feel good playing the game now.