Two Tomb Raider Games Got Announced. Say Wha?!

• 71 results
#1 Posted by freedomfreak (40882 posts) -

Have you orgasm'd yet, freedom?

Yes, I have.

1. Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I know. The title is... It's not very good. But they're fully bringing back classic Tomb Raider stuff.
There's gonna be a much larger, or an actual, focus on tomb raiding. Not to mention you'll be visiting many different locales all over the world.

Sounds Tomb Raider-y. Bring it on. My penis is ready.

2. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris.

A four player coop puzzle/platformer game. I'm so glad this is coming because CD said that they were not gonna make any more of these.

Seems they are! Coming for Xbox One, Ps4, and PC. Very excited for this also, because Guardian of Light was surprisingly awesome.

Thoughts? Ready for some Lara Croft tomb raiding?

#2 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10516 posts) -

Rise will be awesome

#3 Posted by lundy86_4 (43514 posts) -

After the TR reboot, they can consider me a defo purchase. More badass Lara? Yes, please.

#4 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26862 posts) -

So, a TReboot and a Gauntlet-Croft sequel (the latter is a nickname for games like Guardian of Light).

Still need to play the originals of both.

#5 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6205 posts) -

Awesome! Love me some TR!

#6 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Rise of the tomb raider trailer was completely pointless

#7 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

Going to be awesome. Wish they had made a retail collection of GOL & Temple of Osiris.

#8 Posted by intotheminx (703 posts) -

Tomb Raider, Evolve, and the Witcher 3 are the only games I've been interested in so far. Can't wait!

#9 Posted by freedomfreak (40882 posts) -
@seanmcloughlin said:

It's a CGI trailer. Of course, it's pointless.

#10 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2807 posts) -

Just praying for some proper tomb puzzle platforming in the sequel. Don't see it happening unfortunatly. Oh well, looking forward to it.

#11 Posted by padaporra (3428 posts) -

YES. YES!

Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light was wihout a doubt the most underrated arcade game of the last generation. It was an atomic bomb of fun playing the sp and a thermonuclar bomb of fun playing co-op. I'm really glad a sequel is coming.

And of course, looking forward for Rise too. Hopefully they'll bring back more plataforming!

#12 Posted by wolverine4262 (19377 posts) -

Its like when your parents get divorced and you have two Christmases!

#13 Posted by freedomfreak (40882 posts) -
@deadline-zero0 said:

Just praying for some proper tomb puzzle platforming in the sequel. Don't see it happening unfortunatly. Oh well, looking forward to it.

They said that this one is back to raiding tombs. Still, there will be some shooting, and all that, but this is about Lara Croft becoming an actual Tomb Raider.

#14 Posted by Chutebox (37348 posts) -

Funny thing is, I knew that trailer was Tomb Raider because all of the fucking moaning going on.

#15 Edited by DocSanchez (1634 posts) -

Tomb Raider 2013 was awesome and Lara Croft is awesome. This will be great.

#16 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (870 posts) -

Guardian of Light was way better than the reboot. Way more interested in the isometric game.

#17 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4894 posts) -

yes i thought the new tomb raider looked like it'd be great. looking forward to it.

#18 Posted by Heil68 (45122 posts) -

Sounds good to me.

#19 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13595 posts) -

Lara Croft is not a "Tomb Raider" game..... Its established itself under the Lara Croft name. And I'm glad to see it make a come back.... Plus 4 player local co-op.... Hell Yeah ! The only way this news can get any better is if they anounce a Wii U version !

#20 Posted by harry_james_pot (10898 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@seanmcloughlin said:

It's a CGI trailer. Of course, it's pointless.

Not all CGI trailers are pointless, they can get you excited about the game. This one did nothing except letting us know the game exists.

#21 Edited by freedomfreak (40882 posts) -
@harry_james_pot said:

Not all CGI trailers are pointless, they can get you excited about the game. This one did nothing except letting us know the game exists.

It sure got me excited, and it showed the direction this game is gonna go in, and what Lara's next step in her adventure is.

It's a CGI traier like any other.

#22 Posted by harry_james_pot (10898 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

@harry_james_pot said:

It sure got me excited, and it showed the direction this game is gonna go in, and what Lara's next step in her adventure is.

It's a CGI traier like any other.

I don't know.. It didn't do anything for me.
I'm hoping the game focuses less on shooting, and more on exploration and puzzles.

#23 Edited by padaporra (3428 posts) -

So a few concept images.

Lara looks great. Also, this is definitely Eastern Roman architeture.

#24 Posted by biggest_loser (24057 posts) -

Wow new Tomb Raider trailer! Become who we're meant to be! So empowering! Yeah!

I don't think I could take another 10 hours of Lara "finding herself".

#25 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Day One...and the last game took me over 22 hours to complete 100 percent. I don't she will need protecting this time around. She is the predator.

#26 Posted by pearlboy601 (195 posts) -

Day 1 purchase for Rise of the Tomb Raider

#27 Edited by Heirren (17293 posts) -

eh the reboot dragged and had terrible acting, terrible plot, and clumsy controls.

#28 Posted by darkmoney52 (4309 posts) -

Maybe I'm immature but I really can't get over that title, I mean damn is that a bad name.

#29 Posted by freedomfreak (40882 posts) -
@harry_james_pot said:

I don't know.. It didn't do anything for me.

I'm hoping the game focuses less on shooting, and more on exploration and puzzles.

It seems they're trying to strike a balance between that. Whether they'll pull it off is a whole other story though.

#30 Posted by GhoX (5027 posts) -

Came into thread expecting poor milking, ended up pleased with the concepts of both titles.

#31 Posted by clr84651 (5486 posts) -

More Tomb Raider games, yay!

#32 Edited by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

Can't wait. Those concept arts remind me of the TR 2 Tibet levels. :D TR2 was my favorite, hope they'll do a remake in the new engine.

#33 Posted by Telekill (4685 posts) -

Gamestop is doing an E3 promotion where you trade a game in and get 40% more trade in credit on games at E3 if you preorder them. I preordered Tomb Raider's sequel with Uncharted 4 today.

I'm going to be f**king broke next year.

#34 Posted by pelvist (4854 posts) -

@lundy86_4: Same here, I was suitably impressed with the Tomb Raider reboot it was one of my favorite games form last year.

#35 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

After playing the TR reboot really looking forward to rise, looks like it will be a continuation of the how did this normal girl become a legend, and thats awesome.

Though I have to agree with those that think the name is stupid, its pretty sill sounding.

#36 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1967 posts) -

This co op one more interesting to me. I did not finish first however, hopefully than can offer free copy with purchase or give in playstation plus.

#38 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7403 posts) -

Rise: Son of Tomb Raider looked great. I see they are sticking with the breast reduction.

#39 Edited by lamprey263 (24130 posts) -

Awesome, the last Tomb Raider was easily superior to any of the Uncharted games, and Guardian of Light was also pretty fun, I think 4 player co-op sounds pretty cool.

#40 Posted by thehig1 (2200 posts) -

Cant wait hope it gets released on PC, if it doesn't this game will without a doubt make me buy a ps4 or X1 to play it. I love the new Lara so I'll play any games developing her character.

The Second video for Temple of Osiris im not interested in.

#41 Posted by -Toshy- (1353 posts) -

Rise of the Tomb Raider is def a day one purchase for me.

Hyped.

#42 Posted by Speak_Low (1097 posts) -

The "Rise" title will get a lot of jokes, but good to see this has been officially announced (although no gameplay yet)

It seems they still can't decide on a face for her. Choose a face, any face

#43 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8121 posts) -

Both look fun.

#44 Edited by ChubbyGuy40 (26184 posts) -

Why not Tomb Raider: Ascension or something else? That title is awful and makes no sense. Also heard the writer from the first is back so you know the story and setting will be really lame again. I very much doubt Crystal Dynamics is even aware of everything they did wrong with the reboot. Pretty sure they aren't even using the CGI face from the reboot which looks miles better than the others. Maybe we'll get Lara X Sam action since that's what Pratchett wanted in the first.

Temple of Osiris looks pretty good though so at least we're getting that.

#45 Posted by AdobeArtist (22937 posts) -

Lara is too epic for just one game :D

#46 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13595 posts) -

@AdobeArtist

I hope they commit to the Lara Croft franchise this time...... I never thought they were going to follow up on Guardian Of Light.

#47 Posted by santoron (7773 posts) -

Less Pew Pew-ing. More, you know, "Tomb Raiding" and I'll bite.

TR was always about exploration and puzzle solving. The reboot, not so much.

#48 Posted by wis3boi (31458 posts) -

more tombs, less multiplayer please. in fact scrap MP entirely

#49 Posted by harry_james_pot (10898 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

more tombs, less multiplayer please. in fact scrap MP entirely

I really doubt they'd do that. :/

#50 Posted by Ballroompirate (23021 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:

Lara is too epic for just one game :D

Looks like she needs some help from

Nathan Drake :P