Two Consoles?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

diskotheque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By diskotheque
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts

November 23rd is here which means that both the Playstation 4 and Xbox One have finally been released. All I can say is thank goodness because I'm sick of going online only to see the ongoing rage war that is still taking place between Sony and Microsoft fanboys. It almost makes me embarrassed to be a gamer.

That being said I am still amazed by one thing - the number of gamers who actually went out and purchased both consoles. Are you kidding me? I've never seen a bigger waste of money in my entire life. Not to incite the "war" any further but for example there are literally tons of PS4 owners who bought an Xbox One just to play Halo and Titanfall. Does that make any sense at all? You spent an additional $500+ just so you can play two games with a combined value of $120??? It literally makes me shake my head in sadness because I see it as part of a bigger problem that our country is dealing with - greed/excess, the need to be the first person to have something brand new and awesome and (if we want to take it this far) the high level of debt that results from making these needlessly stupid decisions.

It reminds me of the kid in school whose parents would buy him two Happy Meals at McDonalds... one meal that he could eat and the second just so he could get the other toy that he wanted. Meanwhile that second meal which could go to a child in need gets thrown away. And before you tell me how ridiculous that sounds I'm going to tell you it's the truth because I've seen it with my own eyes. I mean seriously... how greedy can you get? There's people out there right now who only want one console and they can't get it because it's sold out. Why is it sold out? Partly because you have people who feel the need to own both consoles even though 95% of games are made for both consoles anyway!

While we're at it why don't we throw in the people who bought two of the same console? One so they can have it and the other so they can sell it on eBay for a higher price to make a profit because they're greedy... and there's always some other idiotic, greedy person out there who will buy it which in turn supports the original greedy idiot's decision. That's a console that could be going to someone else who doesn't own a next-gen system yet but has the money for it and would like to own it but because of someone else's greed they now don't have access to it.

I think this is the end of my rant... I know that it kind of diverged onto some different paths for a bit there but in summary it really is all of my frustrations about being a gamer heading into the next generation of consoles. Maybe I'm just bitter because I don't own one yet? Possibly, though with a lack of great games out there for either system at the moment I hardly feel that's the case. I think in the end maybe it's time for me to take some time away from video game journalism. I literally can't stand reading the comments anymore because everything is one big hate war and it's so entirely negative. I mean, this is the launch of two entirely new consoles! I remember when I used to get excited about this sort of thing. It should be a time for rejoicing and a time for celebration as a gamer but instead it's turned into something entirely negative for me... probably because of the way the world is nowadays, in particular the people of the world.

noodlevixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 noodlevixen
Member since 2010 • 480 Posts

Blog's don't belong on SW dude.

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

Wait so you're upset b/c some gamers have enough money to get both consoles? Why would that bother you? A gamer feels like it is worth owning both consoles, and that is wrong for some reason? How ironic that you end your rant talking about negativity.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

Get your popcorn ready!

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

@-RPGamer-: he is going to hate me then, because my house will have four of each by Christmas. Lol

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Does your blog know about this?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

People can spend their money the way they want. Who the **** are you to judge?

mrsheeno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mrsheeno
Member since 2005 • 149 Posts

What if I said the kid getting the second happy meal was doing good for the other kids, put simply they are better off not eating that crap..

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

tldr

If people want 2 consoles or more to own, regardless of combo, to each his own. They want multiple consoles because maybe, just maybe....here's a clincher....they LOVE TO PLAY GAMES on all platforms.

Personally, I've given up on the idea of owning more than 1 console simply because I'd rather invest fully and take advantage of 1 console has to provide me, that being said, I also don't invest too much on gaming, and there's just so little time for me to play in a week.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#9 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@-RPGamer- said:

Wait so you're upset b/c some gamers have enough money to get both consoles? Why would that bother you? A gamer feels like it is worth owning both consoles, and that is wrong for some reason? How ironic that you end your rant talking about negativity.

This

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I bought both, why? Because I can. Oh and how could you honestly compare this to your happy meal example. Anyone who owns both consoles will play them both and enjoy what they both have to offer. I doubt people that own a PS4 just bought an Xbox One only for Titanfall and Halo. They'll obviously buy more exclusives that come out for it. Unlike that happy meal it won't be thrown away in the bin you idiot.

nihonking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nihonking
Member since 2013 • 187 Posts

This guy my god lol nice troll attempt but no dice also....I have both plus four gaming rigs paid cash for all of them suck on that.