[Twitter] PS4 will receive media playback really soon

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

#PS4 will soon have the same features already available on the #PS3. plus some new stuff.

— Tidux (@Tidux)

Source

Lol Media playback *opens up iTunes*

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

the guy has been saying that for months now. He has never been right about anything either. Why people still pays him attention is beyond me but misterX still has a legion of followers, so it's not that surprising.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44060 Posts

Embarrassing to say the least. :P

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

How sad.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Laaaaaaaaaaaame!!!!

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

I think that the ps4 should have had media playback from the jump. I just updated my ps4 and still no mp3 playback or video files or dnla. I have to use my ps3 for that and it's a damn shame. On the ps4 I have to use plex and hacks on my usb stick just to play mp3's and mp4 files.

Also the ps4 has NOOO 5ghz signal it seems let alone ac wifi support wtf ??

My z1s phone even support ac and 5ghz really Sony what were your smoking. I hope this issues get fixed in a firmware update smdh.

RageQuit4Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By RageQuit4Life
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

No excuse for them to keep delaying this feature. Get your sh!t together please.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

@Gue1 said:

the guy has been saying that for months now. He has never been right about anything either. Why people still pays him attention is beyond me but misterX still has a legion of followers, so it's not that surprising.

Yeah, but that would be awesome

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

The PS4 is stone age tech at this point.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

X1 wins in update wars that's for sure lol

I am impressed with what MS has been doing every month with the updates....they really are listening to the gamer feedback and making the console gamers want ( should have done this before their reveal though )

Sony seems to be pretty content right now and I guess they can with the sales the PS4 is producing, but they better step up.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

I still use my PS3 with PS3 server and really no reason to stop.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

It didn't have that already? lol.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Sony needs to bring all the features on the PS3 and Vita to the PS4.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@ButDuuude said:

Sony needs to bring all the features on the PS3 and Vita to the PS4.

That would be so awesome but sony seems to have some reservation about milking customers for the features of the past that they included out of customer satisfaction which they probably felt no appreciation for.

There really is no other excuse for sony to drag their feet the way they have unless my suspicion is true, sony had the best application of all those media rich features a whole generation ago.

If MS can come out with updates on their former DRM tailored console to open up media features to customers on that system, Sony must simply be waiting to feel out if they could sneek a way to get compensated for doing it on PS4, PSN NOW is a prime example that mind-set in play.

Not blaming MS for this, but they really opened sony's eyes to the insignificant kinds of things people 'might' pay for.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@sam890 said:

#PS4 will soon have the same features already available on the #PS3. plus some new stuff.

— Tidux (@Tidux)

Source

iTunes? GTFO.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

But I thought:

???

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8046 Posts

just wait.. ..

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

It's sad that the PS360 (especially the PS3) is better than the PS4 and Xbone at simple things...

PS3 is my go to over my Xbone and PS4. Eh. Updates will bring the fun eventually, but I'm more concerned with all the cross generation PS360 game software that comes to Xbone and PS4.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@nini200 said:

But I thought:

???

lol, but isn't gaming a form of entertainment?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#21 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

X1 wins in update wars that's for sure lol

I am impressed with what MS has been doing every month with the updates....they really are listening to the gamer feedback and making the console gamers want ( should have done this before their reveal though )

Sony seems to be pretty content right now and I guess they can with the sales the PS4 is producing, but they better step up.

Cant blame them really. Console is selling like hot cakes on great hardware, and MS' fail reveal alone.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cainetao11

@SolidTy said:

It's sad that the PS360 (especially the PS3) is better than the PS4 and Xbone at simple things...

PS3 is my go to over my Xbone and PS4. Eh. Updates will bring the fun eventually, but I'm more concerned with all the cross generation PS360 game software that comes to Xbone and PS4.

My PC is what your PS3 is. I use that for gaming more than anything at this point. I also am concerned about cross gen. I think it may last longer than last gen due to how expensive dev costs are and the install bases on last gen are too big to ignore. At least there is Arkham and the Witcher 3 coming huh?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SolidTy

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy said:

My PC is what your PS3 is. I use that for gaming more than anything at this point. I also am concerned about cross gen. I think it may last longer than last gen due to how expensive dev costs are and the install bases on last gen are too big to ignore. At least there is Arkham and the Witcher 3 coming huh?

Yes, thank goodness for Arkham Knight and Witcher 3. I agree, I think the expenses are what's keeping the publishers from jumping all the way in the current gen waters.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cainetao11

@SolidTy said:

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy said:

Yes, thank goodness for Arkham Knight and Witcher 3. I agree, I think the expenses are what's keeping the publishers from jumping all the way in the current gen waters.

Any decisions on what platform you'll get those two games? I got all 3 Arkham games on a weekend steam sale for $25, and I own both Witchers on steam, so I am going PC.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SolidTy

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy said:

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy said:

Any decisions on what platform you'll get those two games? I got all 3 Arkham games on a weekend steam sale for $25, and I own both Witchers on steam, so I am going PC.

Due to DRM, I only use my four gaming PCs for exclusive PC games. I avoid multiplats on PC like the plague. As a collector, I can't abide the DRM. I lend out games to family, sell games, gift games, trade games, collect games, etc. When I buy PC DRM games, It's always on sale. I will never buy a game with DRM for full price, ever. I do love PC for exclusives, especially when they push my GPUs. When Batman Arkham Asylum first game out, it released first only for PS3 and 360 then a month later the PC port released. As a Batman fan, I wasn't going to wait. As a collector fan I was never going to buy it on PC either. I still have Batman on NES. In fact, the PS3 version had extra "Joker" missions at the time and they were free. I was never going to wait for a PC DRM version, or wait for that matter as a Batman fan. The sequel, Batman: Arkham City was also first only for PS3 and 360 with a port later to PC. Forgetting the idea of waiting as a Batman fan, the DRM kept me away. The collector in me.

As a longtime Batman fan, I bought those Batman games long as well. I own all of them on PS3 and I own one of them on 360. I will be getting those two games on PS4 most likely for performance. Plus, Batman Arkham was free with PS+, so if I didn't have the original retail, I would have already got it again from the service. Finally, The PlayStation 4 version will exclusively feature the "Scarecrow Nightmare" DLC which is an exciting thing to Batman fans. They did the same deal for Batman Arkham Asylum featuring Joker missions which I enjoyed.

With regards to Witcher, that was a PC franchise and there was no option for consoles once upon a time. I own Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 on PC. I didn't even like Witcher 1 that much. It was decent (81 at Metacritic), but the second one I liked more. However, when Witcher 2 released on 360 in a late port I bought the 360 version for the same reasons. The collector in me. Specifically I like to as I said collect/trade/lend/gift/sell games and it's something I can't do as easily or even at all with PC games. I will give up GPU PC performance for the ability to collect/lend/sell/trade/gift my games. The idea that Witcher 3 is releasing in a form that allows me to lend/trade/sell/collect makes the console versions the go-to for me, although mentally I still think of the series as a PC series. Of course, if it feels like a K/M game, I won't buy it. Again, I'm not even a big fan of the Witcher series though, but I remember using the mouse a lot and having to adjust to the 360 controls. It really will come down to reviews, but if they controls are identical since this is CD Projekt Red's first time releasing on multiple machines at launch, I will go PS4 for the edge in performance on Xbone, but certainly not on PC. If I can't handle console controls, I will go PC and give up the ability to freely lend/trade/sell/collect the game so I feel I can play it, but I won't be buying the Witcher at launch no matter what as I'm just not a huge fan. As far as that goes, I was never going to buy it at full price for PC, Xbone, or PS4. I'm just not that huge a fan. I'm thankful for the game though and I will buy it down the road assuming it's great.

I will be buying Batman at launch. I follow developers and Rocksteady has earned my trust. BTW: I follow all Steam and various other PC sales all the time. I saw the deals for Batman and I can't help but think that $25 was a bit high considering the age of the first two Batman games (the good, Rocksteady developed ones) and considering the most recent game, Arkham Origins was a cash in money grab project from Warner Bros that wasn't developed by Rocksteady. You'll notice when you get to Origins the game isn't as good and is buggy. I feel like that third game is where they were over charging to get the price to $25 since it's relatively new for that sale. Still, as someone that never played them, you probably did alright. It's just that I've seen the first two Rocksteady Batman games in used bins (and even in new overstock bins) for under $10 in the past. I've even seen the first two go for around $5.

It's true, I see deals on PC online all the time from Blizzard to Origin to GOG to Greenman to Steam, but I also see deals on Console physical games all the time as well. Right now Best Buy has an amazing deal on 3DS games for instance (Buy one get one free). I love good deals. Of course, some developers I support day one even knowing I could get a deal. :)

I'm not a huge Witcher fan, but I am a huge Batman fan. I'm also a huge Rocksteady fan. So, Batman is a win win for me.

Speaking as a collector: It's funny, my PC copies of Starcraft and Warcraft II aren't worth anything. However, my Playstation 1 copy of Warcraft II and my N64 version of Starcraft N64 are prized collectors items. As a collector it's hard to forget these lessons taught to me back in the NES days to modern day. I have a large game collection as you might imagine from PC share ware id games to Sega Genesis games. I bought Steel Battalion on Xbox 1 back when that was a thing (only 200,000 copies in existence!). I have hundreds of PC games I wish I could sell from my Steam and other service libraries but I can't. They are making tiny strides in DRM, but not enough to sway me away from consoles.

I've explained this a few time over the years, but this is a shorter version of a long epic.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I suggest you don't use twitter as a source to much on SW's TC. Can you find another source that talks about this rumor? And hasn't tidux lied in the past about a few things related to the ps4.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8046 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@nini200 said:

But I thought:

???

lol, but isn't gaming a form of entertainment?

shhhhhhhh, be quiet.. we're supposed to be still pretending that a gaming console can only be used to play games..

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cainetao11

@SolidTy:

Great read and fair play. I actually bought Arkham Asylum day one for the PS3. I had the first 2 PS3 at one point. But I couldn't lug all the games I had acquired home from the Army. I had brought many there with me by picking them up when home on leave. But due to packing space and just weight it wasn't happening. I traded many in and gave some to buddies.

If I remember correctly Origins was 14.99 and the other two were 4.99 each. I have limited space (my desk top is up at my brothers!) until I stop being lazy and get my own place. September looks like the time. So DRM hasn't stopped me from buying PC, because they're on my HDD's. I have a pretty good laptop that runs some games as well.

I got hooked on the Witcher with the release of 2 on 360. I then started reading the books, and like Halo I was hooked. The first witcher has much to be desired but I dig it. I didn't know about the Scarecrow thing for PS4! Well that may be the push I needed to finally get my PS4. I am a huge Batman fan myself. Been collecting and reading comics since the late '70s so I know where you're coming from.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SolidTy

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy:

Great read and fair play. I actually bought Arkham Asylum day one for the PS3. I had the first 2 PS3 at one point. But I couldn't lug all the games I had acquired home from the Army. I had brought many there with me by picking them up when home on leave. But due to packing space and just weight it wasn't happening. I traded many in and gave some to buddies.

If I remember correctly Origins was 14.99 and the other two were 4.99 each. I have limited space (my desk top is up at my brothers!) until I stop being lazy and get my own place. September looks like the time. So DRM hasn't stopped me from buying PC, because they're on my HDD's. I have a pretty good laptop that runs some games as well.

I got hooked on the Witcher with the release of 2 on 360. I then started reading the books, and like Halo I was hooked. The first witcher has much to be desired but I dig it. I didn't know about the Scarecrow thing for PS4! Well that may be the push I needed to finally get my PS4. I am a huge Batman fan myself. Been collecting and reading comics since the late '70s so I know where you're coming from.

Bruce Wayne FTW! :)

That's one thing I love about digital, is that if you are on the move, it's ultra convenient. I feel you. Regarding older comics, my dad got me hooked as a kid so I inherited quite the DC collection before venturing on my own. I can definitely relate there. :)

What I do like is that both those games won't be on PS360. :)

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Great. It was lacking in this area.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sam890

@clyde46 said:

@sam890 said:

— Tidux (@Tidux)

Source

iTunes? GTFO.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sam890

@nini200 said:

But I thought:

???

PS4 doesn't have any games either ? I don't get the cockiness of cows you guys are in the same boat.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@sam890 said:

@clyde46 said:

@sam890 said:

— Tidux (@Tidux)

Source

iTunes? GTFO.

Not mad, just disappointed.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@sam890 said:

@nini200 said:

But I thought:

???

PS4 doesn't have any games either ? I don't get the cockiness of cows you guys are in the same boat.

That wasn't the point although very true X1 and PS4 have terrible libraries right now.

The point was though that the cows claim that the PS4 is all about games when in fact its as much about TV etc as X1 is which they put the X1 down for.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

I'm of two minds on the issue.

Part of me thinks, "BFD. We said we wanted a gaming focused machine, and we got it." I barely use any media playback/streaming on the PS3 anymore, and I need yet another box with similar capabilities even less. The result of a decade of "convergance in the living room" is that I now have half a dozen boxes all trying to be each other. The only thing I'd use that's missing is mp3 playback, and unless it's going to work in game they may as well not even bother.

On the other hand, it's apparent others really are wanting these missing capabilities, and since just about everything short of your toaster can do them these days - including the PS3 and Vita - it's reasonable for consumers to expect them.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cainetao11

@santoron said:

I'm of two minds on the issue.

Part of me thinks, "BFD. We said we wanted a gaming focused machine, and we got it." I barely use any media playback/streaming on the PS3 anymore, and I need yet another box with similar capabilities even less. The result of a decade of "convergance in the living room" is that I now have half a dozen boxes all trying to be each other. The only thing I'd use that's missing is mp3 playback, and unless it's going to work in game they may as well not even bother.

On the other hand, it's apparent others really are wanting these missing capabilities, and since just about everything short of your toaster can do them these days - including the PS3 and Vita - it's reasonable for consumers to expect them.

Great 2 minds. I also feel that way at times about just wanting games. But I did want a machine that was my hub. And I also believe we are not the indicator of the general gaming consumer. People want and expect these bells and whistles now. And Sony and MS are partly to blame for introducing them.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

I wanted more stability... you know something actually useful.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Let's play the waiting game,cows love this.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Don't know about Sony, but MS are annoying. Right now there's hardly any games, nows the time to put the media functions in at least. Seriously how long does it take. Probably one guy working on it in MSs basement. Useless bastards.