Twitter Douche Dodd Exposed TCHBO

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by kuu2 (7641 posts) -

Let this be a lesson to you Cows and believing these "insiders", they know absolutely nothing.

http://couchjockeyz.com/pete-dodd-quits-after-being-exposed-by-audio-dev-and-col-rodgers/

The infamous industry insider Pete Dodd, aka FamousMortimer, took to NeoGaf in an attempt to contextualize all the recent departures at the Sony studios. He had made claims such as Stig Asmussen from Santa Monica Studios being let go from Sony for wasting money on a project that was ultimately cancelled and Amy Hennig from Naughty Dog leaving due to creative differences between her and others on Uncharted 4. But it appears that his chickens have come home to roost when Dodd was called out by an audio developers and personal friend of Col Rodgers, Anthony Putson from Orchestral Media Developments.

.

Putson challenged Dodd’s “insight” saying that Col Rodgers left Evolution for personal reasons.

“Mort, Col Rogers left Evo for personal reasons in Feb, he wasn’t pushed, he left on his own terms, and certainly wasn’t replaced and let go. I know this because he’s a friend of mine, so please be sure next time of the accuracy of your information.”

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=106037408#post106037408

.

…to which Dodd denied and proceeded to question just who Orchestral Media Development is (for those of you who don’t know, they are a prestigious audio team that has been in the industry for over 20 years).

https://twitter.com/atPeteDodd/status/449323757790691329

.

Putson called him out on NeoGaf responding

“ …20+ yrs in the industry with nearly 400 projects completed, THAT’S who. Complete lack of respect to me, and to Col and pretty much everyone as long as he gets his fix. I used to like him, I followed him on Twitter but sorry, I don’t follow trouble makers.”

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=106074977#post106074977

.

To make matters worse, even Col Rodgers came out and called out Pete Dodd as “Obviously not an insider.”

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=106121033&postcount=1393

This isn’t the first time Pete Dodd has been called out as a phony as way back in February Dodd started rumors of Amazon buying out Xbox after the news the Amazon bought Double Helix studios. Aaron Greenberg, Chief of Staff for Devices and Studios Group at Microsoft commented on the matter citing it as “Ridiculous, cannot believe people would even believe something like this.”

In response to all this, Pete Dodd has called it quits on his career as an “insider” His final words being

“I hereby decree that I am retiring from my position of “gaf insider.” Whatever the fuck that ever meant. From henceforth! Good day, gents.”

https://twitter.com/atPeteDodd/status/449621566083829760

At this point, I’m not even sure we can trust anything else he has said as of late since we was so sure of Col Rodgers being fired which was completely false. And to Pete Dodd who clearly was making up rumors for some unknown purpose, good riddance.

#2 Edited by SolidTy (45097 posts) -

The latest on this Dodd person was already posted by a moderator in another thread.

The premise of the thread is about this Dodd person and singling out a faction of SW somehow? Unfortunately, rumors are utilized by many factions in SW, not a single faction. These "insiders" are a dime a dozen, from this Dodd character to the misterX character. Call out the threads instead as rumors. I strongly dislike rumors and PR.

This isn't fanboy wars, it's SW though.

The discussion is to be about what? Cow fans who used Dodd but not the other fans who used Dodd and other insiders? Perhaps we discuss this Dodd person, but again that's not SW material either. It's all redundant anyways as it was posted in the Drive Club thread which was on topic.

-----

"Hello, all.

This is my first post on NeoGAF, and whilst I'm not generally one to deal in internet speculation, I have to put the record straight with regard to Pete Dodd's comments above.

Everything he has said with regard to myself and Driveclub is incorrect. It's also libellous.

As Putty (who is a personal friend of mine, and has been for about 25 years) suggests, I left Evo in February for personal reasons. The personal reasons being that my son, who is 4 years old, has been diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome, which is a potentially life threatening condition. I live 220 miles (4 hours drive) away from Evolution Studios, and was away from home 5.5 days a week. Given the circumstances, I could not continue to work there.

Driveclub is a great game, and the direction hasn't changed since my departure. This has been confirmed by SONY in various press releases over recent days.

I have no problem in dealing with very large projects, as I've been working in the games industry for the last 19 years, and have worked on some very prestigious titles, so there is genuinely no truth to anything posted by Mr Dodds at all. My departure (and indeed the setup of my 'indie' operation, BigRedSwitch) is 100% driven by family necessity, not some professional failing on my part.

I left SONY on very good terms. There is no animosity there, and I was absolutely nothing to do with the recent redundancies - in fact, the news of those redundancies was probably linked on here before I knew about them.

The games industry is a tough place at the moment. My circumstances with my son mean that I've had to leave secure work in order to try to make my own way in the world. This may entail getting another job. With people who obviously know nothing about the situation blackening my reputation for the sake of internet 'fame', this could be made much more difficult. It's nothing less than trolling.

I've contacted Mr. Dodd on his email address on his site. Due to the factual inaccuracy of his statements, I've informed him that he needs to remove the statements and apologise for the damage they have caused, as posting incorrect information and claiming it's true is quite simply libel.

I'm sure you can all appreciate just how difficult things are for myself and my family at the moment. I'd genuinely appreciate it if you can take my statements as word from the origin, and realise that there has been no big cover-up when it comes to my departure from SONY/Evo.

Thanks, all.

Col."

#4 Posted by Nike_Air (18376 posts) -

Don't worry. a new SonyGAF hero will emerge from the ashes of Pete Dodd and CBoat.

#5 Posted by kuu2 (7641 posts) -

@Nike_Air said:

Don't worry. a new SonyGAF hero will emerge from the ashes of Pete Dodd and CBoat.

I hope so, I will miss the Cows falling all over themselves believing the twitter douches made up stories.

#6 Posted by kuu2 (7641 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

Not sure what's worse...a thread about a f*cking insider no one cares about or your extremely dubious "sauce" TC. Seriously, couchjockeyz.com? lol

I find it funny that you say no one cares when every rumor that goes up on GAF from the twitter douches ends up on here.

#7 Edited by Daious (1803 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

The latest on this Dodd person was already posted by a moderator in another thread.

"Hello, all.

This is my first post on NeoGAF, and whilst I'm not generally one to deal in internet speculation, I have to put the record straight with regard to Pete Dodd's comments above.

Everything he has said with regard to myself and Driveclub is incorrect. It's also libellous.

As Putty (who is a personal friend of mine, and has been for about 25 years) suggests, I left Evo in February for personal reasons. The personal reasons being that my son, who is 4 years old, has been diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome, which is a potentially life threatening condition. I live 220 miles (4 hours drive) away from Evolution Studios, and was away from home 5.5 days a week. Given the circumstances, I could not continue to work there.

Driveclub is a great game, and the direction hasn't changed since my departure. This has been confirmed by SONY in various press releases over recent days.

I have no problem in dealing with very large projects, as I've been working in the games industry for the last 19 years, and have worked on some very prestigious titles, so there is genuinely no truth to anything posted by Mr Dodds at all. My departure (and indeed the setup of my 'indie' operation, BigRedSwitch) is 100% driven by family necessity, not some professional failing on my part.

I left SONY on very good terms. There is no animosity there, and I was absolutely nothing to do with the recent redundancies - in fact, the news of those redundancies was probably linked on here before I knew about them.

The games industry is a tough place at the moment. My circumstances with my son mean that I've had to leave secure work in order to try to make my own way in the world. This may entail getting another job. With people who obviously know nothing about the situation blackening my reputation for the sake of internet 'fame', this could be made much more difficult. It's nothing less than trolling.

I've contacted Mr. Dodd on his email address on his site. Due to the factual inaccuracy of his statements, I've informed him that he needs to remove the statements and apologise for the damage they have caused, as posting incorrect information and claiming it's true is quite simply libel.

I'm sure you can all appreciate just how difficult things are for myself and my family at the moment. I'd genuinely appreciate it if you can take my statements as word from the origin, and realise that there has been no big cover-up when it comes to my departure from SONY/Evo.

Thanks, all.

Col."

Dodd got completely wrecked by Col. Dodd source ended up being wrong and he is going to pay for it. I am glad Col is setting the record straight. I really feel bad for his family and everything. I knew something was up when DC was delayed and he had no idea about it because he was with his family. Living a 4 hour drive from work must have been ridiculous. I hope the best for his kid.

I am also really not sure why the title is tchbo. That is throwing me off. Isn't this good news for sony fans? That it wasn't that driveclub blew.

#9 Posted by Tighaman (1027 posts) -

I'm glad that these so called insiders are getting faced now let it be about the games

#10 Posted by incuensuocha (1510 posts) -

Doesn't Rodgers' revelation that his departure from Evolution was for personal reasons also show that all the recent doom n' gloom babble about Sony's studios has been greatly exaggerated?

#11 Posted by kuu2 (7641 posts) -
@SolidTy said:

The latest on this Dodd person was already posted by a moderator in another thread.

The premise of the thread is about this Dodd person and a faction of SW somehow? This isn't fanboy wars, it's SW though.

I know he is one of your heroes but please take this news like a man.

#12 Edited by kuu2 (7641 posts) -
@daious said:

Dodd got completely wrecked by Col. Dodd source ended up being wrong and he is going to pay for it. I am glad Col is setting the record straight. I really feel bad for his family and everything. I knew something was up when DC was delayed and he had no idea about it because he was with his family.

I am also really not sure why the title is tchbo. That is throwing me off. Isn't this good news for sony fans? That it wasn't that driveclub blew.

It has more to do with the rampant use of info that these twitter douches put out as FUD against MSoft. The Cows continually use this info to bash The One as if it is gospel. Now it turns out that information that Dodd The Twitter Douche put out was completely made up and shows he doesn't have any inside information.

#13 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

"I've contacted Mr. Dodd on his email address on his site. Due to the factual inaccuracy of his statements, I've informed him that he needs to remove the statements and apologise for the damage they have caused, as posting incorrect information and claiming it's true is quite simply libel."

That's some serious shit

#15 Posted by kuu2 (7641 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

@kuu2 said:
@Desmonic said:

Not sure what's worse...a thread about a f*cking insider no one cares about or your extremely dubious "sauce" TC. Seriously, couchjockeyz.com? lol

I find it funny that you say no one cares when every rumor that goes up on GAF from the twitter douches ends up on here.

I didn't say anything about the rumours (as they are what keep many, many forums alive including NeoGaf), I was literally talking about the "insider". No f*cks given. There are plenty of those, if this one is a fake/sucks then we'll just listen to a different one, problem solved! :P

But seriously dat source. Where the heck did you even find that site? XD

I am an 'insider' myself. ;)

#16 Edited by tymeservesfate (2182 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

@kuu2 said:
@Desmonic said:

Not sure what's worse...a thread about a f*cking insider no one cares about or your extremely dubious "sauce" TC. Seriously, couchjockeyz.com? lol

I find it funny that you say no one cares when every rumor that goes up on GAF from the twitter douches ends up on here.

I didn't say anything about the rumours (as they are what keep many, many forums alive including NeoGaf), I was literally talking about the "insider". No f*cks given. There are plenty of those, if this one is a fake/sucks then we'll just listen to a different one, problem solved! :P

But seriously dat source. Where the heck did you even find that site? XD

Desmoronic smh....

feel bad for the guy. i hope his son gets through things alright. always sad hearing about a sick child.

#17 Edited by cainetao11 (18310 posts) -

@kuu2 said:
@Desmonic said:

Not sure what's worse...a thread about a f*cking insider no one cares about or your extremely dubious "sauce" TC. Seriously, couchjockeyz.com? lol

I find it funny that you say no one cares when every rumor that goes up on GAF from the twitter douches ends up on here.

Yeah, pretty sure they were used as ownage, and defense in the past. Now that there is serious allegations of the BS effect nobody cared? I agree with you @SolidTy all factions are guilty, but cows are the funniest.

#18 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@lostrib said:

"I've contacted Mr. Dodd on his email address on his site. Due to the factual inaccuracy of his statements, I've informed him that he needs to remove the statements and apologise for the damage they have caused, as posting incorrect information and claiming it's true is quite simply libel."

That's some serious shit

Serves him right. He shouldn't post sh!t that can potentially ruin someone's career even if it's completely accurate.

Well if it's accurate, then it's not libel/slander. But considering it's not, he opens him self up to lawsuits for damages

#20 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

Ty shut this one down fast, damn.

#21 Posted by Daious (1803 posts) -
@kuu2 said:
@daious said:

Dodd got completely wrecked by Col. Dodd source ended up being wrong and he is going to pay for it. I am glad Col is setting the record straight. I really feel bad for his family and everything. I knew something was up when DC was delayed and he had no idea about it because he was with his family.

I am also really not sure why the title is tchbo. That is throwing me off. Isn't this good news for sony fans? That it wasn't that driveclub blew.

It has more to do with the rampant use of info that these twitter douches put out as FUD against MSoft. The Cows continually use this info to bash The One as if it is gospel. Now it turns out that information that Dodd The Twitter Douche put out was completely made up and shows he doesn't have any inside information.

Dodd got some things right but he is so far from a reliable source. I sure over 75% of the things he said was made up after he built some credibility with some real sources. I think he just loved the attention and then he straight up stopped fact checking. I am glad he got put into his place. Col wrecked him in such a professionally handled way.

#22 Edited by SolidTy (45097 posts) -

@kuu2 said:
@SolidTy said:

The latest on this Dodd person was already posted by a moderator in another thread.

The premise of the thread is about this Dodd person and singling out a faction of SW somehow? Unfortunately, rumors are utilized by many factions in SW, not a single faction. These "insiders" are a dime a dozen, from this Dodd character to the misterX character. Call out the threads instead as rumors. I strongly dislike rumors and PR.

This isn't fanboy wars, it's SW though.

The discussion is to be about what? Cow fans who used Dodd but not the other fans who used Dodd and other insiders? Perhaps we discuss this Dodd person, but again that's not SW material either. It's all redundant anyways as it was posted in the Drive Club thread which was on topic.

I know he is one of your heroes but please take this news like a man.

lol? I Don't give a shit about him and I never did. Didn't even know who he was until that other thread since I don't follow rumors. You will never find a single post of mine where I quoted him.

You get off on lying though, right? You straight up made that up for trolling purposes, which is a laugh for me I guess. You mention taking it like a man, well, follow your own advice and be a man instead of acting like a child. Stop posting nonsense about users.

This thread is redundant anyways and old news. You posted about this yourself in another thread before yet again making a whole thread. Eh.

#23 Edited by Bigboi500 (30409 posts) -

Following any of these amateurs is idiotic.

#24 Edited by kuu2 (7641 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@kuu2 said:
@SolidTy said:

The latest on this Dodd person was already posted by a moderator in another thread.

The premise of the thread is about this Dodd person and singling out a faction of SW somehow? Unfortunately, rumors are utilized by many factions in SW, not a single faction. These "insiders" are a dime a dozen, from this Dodd character to the misterX character. Call out the threads instead as rumors. I strongly dislike rumors and PR.

This isn't fanboy wars, it's SW though.

The discussion is to be about what? Cow fans who used Dodd but not the other fans who used Dodd and other insiders? Perhaps we discuss this Dodd person, but again that's not SW material either. It's all redundant anyways as it was posted in the Drive Club thread which was on topic.

I know he is one of your heroes but please take this news like a man.

lol? I Don't give a shit about him and I never did. Didn't even know who he was until that other thread since I don't follow rumors.

You get off on lying though, right? Be a man instead of a child and stop posting nonsense.

This thread is redundant and old news.

It's ok if you don't like my posts but please don't follow me around whining about them like a lost puppy. No one invited you in or asked for your feedback on what is old and what is not.

Now do you actually have anything to contribute on topic in the thread?

#25 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

Also despite this dodd character fucking up, it doesn't change that he was right about some things in the past.

Absolutely hilarious how seriously Kuu takes this vendetta. lul

#26 Edited by Daious (1803 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Desmonic said:

@lostrib said:

"I've contacted Mr. Dodd on his email address on his site. Due to the factual inaccuracy of his statements, I've informed him that he needs to remove the statements and apologise for the damage they have caused, as posting incorrect information and claiming it's true is quite simply libel."

That's some serious shit

Serves him right. He shouldn't post sh!t that can potentially ruin someone's career even if it's completely accurate.

Well if it's accurate, then it's not libel/slander. But considering it's not, he opens him self up to lawsuits for damages

I feel bad for Col. He must be going through hell with a sick child and dealing with a terrible commute. He is going to need a new job and Dodd making up horror stories about him must just compile the stress. I feel for him. I am glad Dodd is calling a quits.

#27 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

Thread Backfire.

#28 Posted by kinectthedots (2228 posts) -

Why are you calling out factions like a desperate fanboy? Not fanboy wars. I wonder how long this will stay open.

#30 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@lostrib said:

@Desmonic said:

@lostrib said:

"I've contacted Mr. Dodd on his email address on his site. Due to the factual inaccuracy of his statements, I've informed him that he needs to remove the statements and apologise for the damage they have caused, as posting incorrect information and claiming it's true is quite simply libel."

That's some serious shit

Serves him right. He shouldn't post sh!t that can potentially ruin someone's career even if it's completely accurate.

Well if it's accurate, then it's not libel/slander. But considering it's not, he opens him self up to lawsuits for damages

Like I said, even if it is accurate you shouldn't post it if you know you're gonna f*ck someone's career. That's someone's life you're messing with. And for what? Internet bragging rights?

I know I wouldn't like to suffer with something like that nor would I feel right by doing it to others. It's just one of those things were these "insiders" should really stop and think a bit more seriously about what they are divulging.

yeah, in this case it doesn't seem to be anything but petty Internet Fame. Obviously, for like important public figures, it's usually better to release important information even if it could be damaging

#31 Edited by Animal-Mother (26987 posts) -

Cool story. So the cows have been owned because some guy on a forum made a little sense and lied? (I know gaf has insiders but didn't know who this guy was, he's never been mentioned here). Reaching for straws my man.

#32 Edited by SolidTy (45097 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@SolidTy said:

@kuu2 said:
@SolidTy said:

The latest on this Dodd person was already posted by a moderator in another thread.

The premise of the thread is about this Dodd person and singling out a faction of SW somehow? Unfortunately, rumors are utilized by many factions in SW, not a single faction. These "insiders" are a dime a dozen, from this Dodd character to the misterX character. Call out the threads instead as rumors. I strongly dislike rumors and PR.

This isn't fanboy wars, it's SW though.

The discussion is to be about what? Cow fans who used Dodd but not the other fans who used Dodd and other insiders? Perhaps we discuss this Dodd person, but again that's not SW material either. It's all redundant anyways as it was posted in the Drive Club thread which was on topic.

I know he is one of your heroes but please take this news like a man.

lol? I Don't give a shit about him and I never did. Didn't even know who he was until that other thread since I don't follow rumors. You will never find a single post of mine where I quoted him.

You get off on lying though, right? You straight up made that up for trolling purposes, which is a laugh for me I guess. You mention taking it like a man, well, follow your own advice and be a man instead of actinb like a child. Stop posting nonsense about users.

This thread is redundant anyways and old news. You posted about this yourself in another thread before yet again making a whole thread. Eh.

It's ok if you don't like my posts but please don't follow me around whining about them like a lost puppy. No one invited you in or asked for your feedback on what is old and what is not.

Now do you actually have anything to contribute on topic in the thread?

Wow, you just made that whole thing up. LOL. I don't follow you, I just see a redundant topic in SW. It happens all the time, don't get your panties in a bunch.

Trolling. It's well known you come to SW to be inconsistent and fanboyish, right? It's part of the fun as you said many times. I haven't interacted with you for a long while except for the other day (6 days ago) when you quoted me and told me you surprisingly agreed. In fact, most of my interactions with you over a long period is because you followed me, quoted me, didn't like what I said, and decided to troll it because you caught Xbox feels as if you were married to the Xbox brand. I don't quote you almost ever until after you get emotional.

I don't care who makes the threads, if the thread sucks I let them know. Unfortunately, this thread sucks. It has a huge slant about a specific group of fanboys, it's off topic for SW discussing a Dodd character, and it's old news anyways.

Stop wasting people's time with old, re-posted news that was already posted by a moderator. You posted this yourself in another thread. You even put a spin on this thread about cows being owned and making a topic about Dodd. Thing is, this would be a good thing as it turns out Sony didn't fire that guy, he quit for his son. You are an interesting combination of confused and butthurt (apparently cows fud bothers you more than Lem fud, sheep fud, and hermit fud). I hate all fud, but I'm not making threads with flamebait and titles and trolling users who disagree.

Whatevs.

#33 Posted by tymeservesfate (2182 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@kuu2 said:
@Desmonic said:

@kuu2 said:
@Desmonic said:

Not sure what's worse...a thread about a f*cking insider no one cares about or your extremely dubious "sauce" TC. Seriously, couchjockeyz.com? lol

I find it funny that you say no one cares when every rumor that goes up on GAF from the twitter douches ends up on here.

I didn't say anything about the rumours (as they are what keep many, many forums alive including NeoGaf), I was literally talking about the "insider". No f*cks given. There are plenty of those, if this one is a fake/sucks then we'll just listen to a different one, problem solved! :P

But seriously dat source. Where the heck did you even find that site? XD

I am an 'insider' myself. ;)

Well, start posting that juicy info brah! :P

you two are insiders O_o?? wow, yea, lets hear that juicy info. i mean you're able to let some of the cat out the bag right, and not just giggle behind keyboards? there's no point of being an insider if you have to bitch up about the info. then you wouldnt be an insider at all...you'd just just two lames that know some things and can't do anything with it besides put smileys. lets see how far you are in the, in. because i'm sure you two aren't wannabe posers, lmao.

#34 Posted by kuu2 (7641 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

Why are you calling out factions like a desperate fanboy? Not fanboy wars. I wonder how long this will stay open.

Sony Fan always crying to the mods to close threads they don't like.

So was this guy ever a real insider or now that he has been shown to be a douche which he always was he is getting the bus driven over him now?

#35 Posted by kuu2 (7641 posts) -
@daious said:

@lostrib said:

@Desmonic said:

@lostrib said:

"I've contacted Mr. Dodd on his email address on his site. Due to the factual inaccuracy of his statements, I've informed him that he needs to remove the statements and apologise for the damage they have caused, as posting incorrect information and claiming it's true is quite simply libel."

That's some serious shit

Serves him right. He shouldn't post sh!t that can potentially ruin someone's career even if it's completely accurate.

Well if it's accurate, then it's not libel/slander. But considering it's not, he opens him self up to lawsuits for damages

I feel bad for Col. He must be going through hell with a sick child and dealing with a terrible commute. He is going to need a new job and Dodd making up horror stories about him must just compile the stress. I feel for him. I am glad Dodd is calling a quits.


Whats even worse is that Dodd was trying to raise funds to start a gaming website based on his 'inside lies..........' I mean information.

#36 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@Desmonic said:

@kuu2 said:
@Desmonic said:

@kuu2 said:
@Desmonic said:

Not sure what's worse...a thread about a f*cking insider no one cares about or your extremely dubious "sauce" TC. Seriously, couchjockeyz.com? lol

I find it funny that you say no one cares when every rumor that goes up on GAF from the twitter douches ends up on here.

I didn't say anything about the rumours (as they are what keep many, many forums alive including NeoGaf), I was literally talking about the "insider". No f*cks given. There are plenty of those, if this one is a fake/sucks then we'll just listen to a different one, problem solved! :P

But seriously dat source. Where the heck did you even find that site? XD

I am an 'insider' myself. ;)

Well, start posting that juicy info brah! :P

you two are insiders O_o?? wow, yea, lets hear that juicy info. i mean you're able to let some of the cat out the bag right, and not just giggle behind keyboards? there's no point of being an insider if you have to bitch up about the info. then you wouldnt be an insider at all...you'd just just two lames that know some things and can't do anything with it besides put smileys. lets see how far you are in the, in. because i'm sure you two aren't wannabe posers, lmao.

You take things too seriously

#38 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9491 posts) -

What's great about Cols response is the fact that he clearly states it's a personal matter and has nothing to do with any situation within Sony.Aside from the layoffs, everyone left for personal reasons not some doom and bloom bs pep people like to spew. It's all fud.

#39 Posted by kuu2 (7641 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@Desmonic said:

@kuu2 said:

I am an 'insider' myself. ;)

Well, start posting that juicy info brah! :P

you two are insiders O_o?? wow, yea, lets hear that juicy info. i mean you're able to let some of the cat out the bag right, and not just giggle behind keyboards? there's no point of being an insider if you have to bitch up about the info. then you wouldnt be an insider at all...you'd just just two lames that know some things and can't do anything with it besides put smileys. lets see how far you are in the, in. because i'm sure you two aren't wannabe posers, lmao.

*not sure if serious...............

#40 Posted by SolidTy (45097 posts) -

@incuensuocha said:

Doesn't Rodgers' revelation that his departure from Evolution was for personal reasons also show that all the recent doom n' gloom babble about Sony's studios has been greatly exaggerated?

Apparently not.

#41 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16065 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Let this be a lesson to you Cows and believing these "insiders", they know absolutely nothing.

http://couchjockeyz.com/pete-dodd-quits-after-being-exposed-by-audio-dev-and-col-rodgers/

The infamous industry insider Pete Dodd, aka FamousMortimer, took to NeoGaf in an attempt to contextualize all the recent departures at the Sony studios. He had made claims such as Stig Asmussen from Santa Monica Studios being let go from Sony for wasting money on a project that was ultimately cancelled and Amy Hennig from Naughty Dog leaving due to creative differences between her and others on Uncharted 4. But it appears that his chickens have come home to roost when Dodd was called out by an audio developers and personal friend of Col Rodgers, Anthony Putson from Orchestral Media Developments.

.

Putson challenged Dodd’s “insight” saying that Col Rodgers left Evolution for personal reasons.

“Mort, Col Rogers left Evo for personal reasons in Feb, he wasn’t pushed, he left on his own terms, and certainly wasn’t replaced and let go. I know this because he’s a friend of mine, so please be sure next time of the accuracy of your information.”

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=106037408#post106037408

.

…to which Dodd denied and proceeded to question just who Orchestral Media Development is (for those of you who don’t know, they are a prestigious audio team that has been in the industry for over 20 years).

https://twitter.com/atPeteDodd/status/449323757790691329

.

Putson called him out on NeoGaf responding

“ …20+ yrs in the industry with nearly 400 projects completed, THAT’S who. Complete lack of respect to me, and to Col and pretty much everyone as long as he gets his fix. I used to like him, I followed him on Twitter but sorry, I don’t follow trouble makers.”

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=106074977#post106074977

.

To make matters worse, even Col Rodgers came out and called out Pete Dodd as “Obviously not an insider.”

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=106121033&postcount=1393

This isn’t the first time Pete Dodd has been called out as a phony as way back in February Dodd started rumors of Amazon buying out Xbox after the news the Amazon bought Double Helix studios. Aaron Greenberg, Chief of Staff for Devices and Studios Group at Microsoft commented on the matter citing it as “Ridiculous, cannot believe people would even believe something like this.”

In response to all this, Pete Dodd has called it quits on his career as an “insider” His final words being

“I hereby decree that I am retiring from my position of “gaf insider.” Whatever the fuck that ever meant. From henceforth! Good day, gents.”

https://twitter.com/atPeteDodd/status/449621566083829760

At this point, I’m not even sure we can trust anything else he has said as of late since we was so sure of Col Rodgers being fired which was completely false. And to Pete Dodd who clearly was making up rumors for some unknown purpose, good riddance.

Pretty big thread, Kuu. Got a bit of a crush, there?

#42 Posted by kuu2 (7641 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

Pretty big thread, Kuu. Got a bit of a crush, there?

Only on you but you already knew that.

As far as Twitter Douches like Dodd I really find them quite funny actually. But now that Cboat is gone, Dodd is gone, I am wondering where Cows will get their made up stories from?

#43 Edited by SolidTy (45097 posts) -
@cainetao11 said:

kuu2 said:
@Desmonic said:

Not sure what's worse...a thread about a f*cking insider no one cares about or your extremely dubious "sauce" TC. Seriously, couchjockeyz.com? lol

I find it funny that you say no one cares when every rumor that goes up on GAF from the twitter douches ends up on here.

Yeah, pretty sure they were used as ownage, and defense in the past. Now that there is serious allegations of the BS effect nobody cared? I agree with you @SolidTy all factions are guilty, but cows are the funniest.

I just wish people wouldn't use/post any of these rumors, and they wouldn't even bother discussing the rumor mongers in the first place. There is always someone else that inevitably fills that spot due to the vacuum created in the rumor-mongering business. It's tiresome telling people in threads pointing out rumor and PR from facts.

As far as the Drive Club topic from the other thread (your thread from two days ago I believe) where this Dodd character was exposed, it was a depressingly somber reveal. Specifically, when news broke that the director of Driveclub quit the game for his sickly child. That's crushingly sad as I said in the other thread.

#44 Posted by Chutebox (37863 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@tymeservesfate: I don't even.......what?...

lolololololololol

#45 Posted by tymeservesfate (2182 posts) -

@lostrib: you cry to me a lot.

wait, are YOU an insider too? can you step out and put something out there or are you a wannabe too? someone who can just talks big. those guys are funny...they pretend this and that while spending the whole weekend posting on an internet gaming forum, or wherever. they're really nothing. i know this one guy who says, "i put a lot of bitch motherFers down". its true too. thing is all they can do is...well, nothing LOL.

no seriously...you wrote me back super quick. so you're down. whats the inside word Lostrib? show the board why ur that guy...behind a keyboard ;)

#47 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@Desmonic said:

@tymeservesfate: I don't even.......what?...

lolololololololol

I literally can't make any sense of what he decides to write an essay about anymore.

#49 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@lostrib: you cry to me a lot.

wait, are YOU an insider too? can you step out and put something out there or are you a wannabe too? someone who can just talks big. those guys are funny...they pretend this and that while spending the whole weekend posting on an internet gaming forum, or wherever. they're really nothing. i know this one guy who says, "i put a lot of bitch motherFers down". its true too. thing is all they can do is...well, nothing LOL.

no seriously...you wrote me back super quick. so you're down. whats the inside word Lostrib? show the board why ur that guy...behind a keyboard ;)

@Desmonic said:

@tymeservesfate: I don't even.......what?...