Twitch sets Record-breaking numbers (on xbox one)

• 64 results
#1 Edited by sts106mat (20364 posts) -

Major nelson reports:-

http://news.xbox.com/2014/04/ent-twitch-record-breaking-numbers

highlights:-

In its first week, 108,000 unique Twitch users tried their hand at broadcasting from Xbox One, accounting for 22 percent of Twitch’s unique broadcasters in the same period of time

To put that in perspective, according to Twitch, it took another console a month to achieve what the Twitch app on Xbox One did within its first week.

According to Twitch, “Titanfall” is the most broadcast game on Twitch on Xbox One, with members streaming more than 10 million minutes of the game from Xbox One to date.

I haven't streamed myself yet, but i have watched a few channels. impressive stuff.

Go XBOX !

#2 Posted by SecretPolice (22945 posts) -

MS ushering in teh wave of the future whilst... eh, I'll stop there, grats. :)

#3 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16065 posts) -

So, Playstation 4 launched with Twitch, in November, and with only a month's worth of Playstation 4s sold, hit 108,000 broadcasters.

Four months later, the Xbox One, with at least 3 million Xbox Ones sold, launches its Twitch service and hits 108,000 broadcasters in a week.

Those numbers sound pretty reasonable, actually, considering how many more consoles they had for their Twitch launch.

#4 Posted by misterpmedia (4186 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

So, Playstation 4 launched with Twitch, in November, and with only a month's worth of Playstation 4s sold, hit 108,000 broadcasters.

Four months later, the Xbox One, with at least 3 million Xbox Ones sold, launches its Twitch service and hits 108,000 broadcasters in a week.

Those numbers sound pretty reasonable, actually, considering how many more consoles they had for their Twitch launch.

It must be noted also that there isn't actually a twitch app for PS4. Streaming is a system feature but they can also use other websites to stream. Once Twitch finally developers an actual app then we can compare numbers.

#5 Posted by sts106mat (20364 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

maybe, it is not clear if they are referring to the number of broadcasters (which wouldn't be news) or if its the 22% of broadcasters.

#6 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6196 posts) -

A console with a 4 million user base when it got its Twitch functionality broadcasted more on day one than a console with a 1 million user base when it got its Twitch functionality? You don't say.

Go Xbox!

#7 Edited by Dire_Weasel (16065 posts) -

Ah, ok. I've broadcast using the "share" button on the Playstation 4 and I've watched streams from there too. I didn't know I was missing a Twitch app.

#8 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Lems are non-gamers confirmed. They are more concerned about dumb apps than games.

#9 Posted by stereointegrity (10790 posts) -

How is this even something to brag over

#10 Posted by Heil68 (46409 posts) -

Seems like it would be with the release of TitanFall. I'm someone who cant stand to watch people play video games.

#11 Edited by misterpmedia (4186 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

Ah, ok. I've broadcast using the "share" button on the Playstation 4 and I've watched streams from there too. I didn't know I was missing a Twitch app.

Twitch Confirmed for PlayStation 4

Today we’re proud to announce that Twitch will indeed be available on the PlayStation 4. This Fall, PS4 owners worldwide will be able to broadcast their gameplay direct to their Twitch channels by simply pressing the new “Share” button found on the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller. This makes broadcasting a game as easy as playing one (or perhaps even easier!).

For those who prefer to spectate, we’ll also have a viewing app available on the PlayStation 4, creating a complete Twitch experience for PS4 gamers.

#12 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10300 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

becuz desperation continuation

#13 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10727 posts) -

It would be great news if it was the PS4, right cows? But since it's X1 news twitch is nothing to talk about ( except when twitch was better on the PS4 )

#14 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (2458 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

nelsons has to do his job.

#15 Posted by misterpmedia (4186 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

It would be great news if it was the PS4, right cows? But since it's X1 news twitch is nothing to talk about ( except when twitch was better on the PS4 )

It would be PR, just like this is.

#16 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6196 posts) -

2.7 million minutes is a nice statistic, Microsoft.

How many consoles have you sold since December 28th?

#17 Edited by kuu2 (7775 posts) -

My KI league broadcasts all of the matches live and it works awesome. Never thought Twitch was a great feature but for the league it has gotten great reviews.

#18 Edited by thr1llh0us (70 posts) -

In all fairness, the PS4 doesn't have any games worth streaming on twitch.

#19 Posted by misterpmedia (4186 posts) -

@thr1llh0us said:

In all fairness, the PS4 doesn't have any games worth streaming on twitch.

Cute opinion there.

#20 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6196 posts) -

I love that PS4 channels generally have more viewers than Xbone channels on Twitch.

Big news, guys! Xbox One is the most broadcasted Xbox console in history! Tell IGN!

#21 Posted by Bigboi500 (30509 posts) -

April fools

#22 Posted by clyde46 (47228 posts) -

Least Xbox has games to stream.

#23 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16065 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

Twitch Confirmed for PlayStation 4

Today we’re proud to announce that Twitch will indeed be available on the PlayStation 4. This Fall, PS4 owners worldwide will be able to broadcast their gameplay direct to their Twitch channels by simply pressing the new “Share” button found on the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller. This makes broadcasting a game as easy as playing one (or perhaps even easier!).

For those who prefer to spectate, we’ll also have a viewing app available on the PlayStation 4, creating a complete Twitch experience for PS4 gamers.

FYI, you can just bring up "twitch" on the Playstation 4 browser, and log in there. It works just fine.

I never even knew there was an app until now. :)

#24 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152128 posts) -

And this is important to gaming.....why?

#25 Posted by MBirdy88 (8971 posts) -

Makes sense.... Titanfall is an MP focused game.

#26 Posted by AM-Gamer (4885 posts) -

@sts106mat: meanwhile the PS4 has over a 2.5 million sales advantage.

#27 Posted by getyeryayasout (8126 posts) -

I do not understand watching strangers play games for entertainment, but cool that people are using and enjoying the service.

#28 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (8638 posts) -

#29 Posted by RR360DD (12937 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

Translation: waaaaah :cry:

Go find a PS4 thread to circle jerk in

#30 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152128 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Translation.....butt hurt.

#31 Edited by Alucard_Prime (3279 posts) -

Glad to hear it was a success, don't really care how it compares to other consoles, but I understand the comparison seeing as this is the system wars forum. For me, I just think it's a cool new addition to the normal gaming formula we are used from the past few console generations. I've used the Xbox Record function a lot, and I think it's great....finally those awesome gaming moments are not lost in oblivion and can be kept and shared very easily. Awesome new thing.

Twitch broadcasting adds another cool aspect. I don't care much for watching strangers play, except for a few minutes here and there(some broadcasters are more fun to watch than others). However, the Xbox One home screen quickly shows you who among your friends is broadcasting, and I like to go in and watch a bit....sometimes it gives you an idea about what a game is, to see someone else play it....helps you make a decison.....but I just find it cool now that you can easily broadcast your game, or watch others play.....in previous generations it was a longer process to follow if you wanted to do that.

Also, I often broadcast myself, and it's different knowing when there are people watching you....it's like you are putting on a show, you try to play better....etc. it's cool, and potentially helps people on your friend's list make a decision on a purchase. Also, other people can watch you play from the PC, you have your own channel and link...broadcasts are automatically archived....etc.....lots of new stuff, I love how it's adding new dynamic to gaming. One thing I like to do is broadcast day 1 purchases, usually I get the most viewers like that.

#32 Posted by MrXboxOne (799 posts) -

I see PS4 DC.

#33 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43197 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: Important to those who enjoy streaming their gameplay.

#34 Posted by highking_kallor (563 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@LJS9502_basic: Important to those who enjoy streaming their gameplay.

Best feature of the xbone imo.

#35 Posted by tyloss (846 posts) -

PS4 has the better version of TitanFall; COD Ghosts.

#36 Edited by mems_1224 (48086 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

Seeing as how streaming games is one of the biggest things in gaming right now I dont see how its not important. Im sure if this was the PS4 you'd be defending it. Just another example of your cow bias.

#37 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (1119 posts) -

Thats amazing, thats why Xbox One by default should come with kinect. One of the many reasons kinect is amazing.

#38 Edited by CDWJUSTIN (2078 posts) -

Funny I never use twitch only ustream. Maybe that's why it took ps4 so long they've got more choices

#39 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6196 posts) -

Massive thread backfire for OP and lemmings as usual. Maybe now you'll learn before swallowing Larry Herb's spin.

#40 Posted by SolidTy (45471 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Seems like it would be with the release of TitanFall. I'm someone who cant stand to watch people play video games.

Same. I'll play it mahself, thank you very much.

#41 Edited by SolidTy (45471 posts) -
@LJS9502_basic said:

@RR360DD said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Translation.....butt hurt.

I cross referenced your translation with the Starfleet and Federation language database, and the universal translator game up with Butthurt in 1,326 different alien languages. It's rather impressive level of universal butthurt on display.

#42 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152128 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Seeing as how streaming games is one of the biggest things in gaming right now I dont see how its not important. Im sure if this was the PS4 you'd be defending it. Just another example of your cow bias.

I'm not defending anything. Don't cry about it dude.

#43 Posted by mems_1224 (48086 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

cows gonna cow

#44 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152128 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

cows gonna cow

You think as a child. Just because I don't praise MS does not mean I'm defending Sony. Last I checked this thread had nothing to do with Sony. But I guess lems gonna lem.

#45 Edited by mems_1224 (48086 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I'm someone who cant stand to watch people play video games.

Then why do you love sony's exclusive movies so much?

#46 Posted by mems_1224 (48086 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

cows gonna cow

You think as a child. Just because I don't praise MS does not mean I'm defending Sony. Last I checked this thread had nothing to do with Sony. But I guess lems gonna lem.

Check your post history cow. Stop lying to yourself.

#47 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152128 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

cows gonna cow

I don't need to check it lem. I know what it is. Finding fault with MS is because of MS solely. Deal with it and stop the whining every thread.

#48 Posted by mems_1224 (48086 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

cows gonna cow

I don't need to check it lem. I know what it is. Finding fault with MS is because of MS solely. Deal with it and stop the whining every thread.

And what exactly did MS do wrong this time cow?

#49 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152128 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

cows gonna cow

And what exactly did MS do wrong this time cow?

Only a biased fan boy thinks everyone else is one....

#50 Posted by mems_1224 (48086 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

Only a biased fan boy thinks everyone else is one....

Way to dodge the question.