Twitch pulls PS4 streams from listings

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

Streaming service Twitch has temporarily pulled channels streaming The Playroom via Playstation 4 from its directory due to violations of its terms, a Twitch representative told Polygon today via email.

"We removed Playroom content from the directory because a majority of it was non-gaming related," the representative said. "We will look into adding it back as PS4 owners become more familiar with the games-only focus of Twitch content. In the meantime, you can view all of the amazing gameplay from PS4 broadcasters in this directory page on Twitch."

Through The Playroom, PS4 owners used the mini-game collection to stream content directly from their living rooms, sometimes in the form of call-in talk shows. Twitch streams are only meant to feature game-related content.

Earlier this week, several users were reportedly streaming lewd or off-topic content. Twitch announced that it would crack down on users violating their terms.

"FYI: We continue to moderate according to our Terms of Service. Non-gaming content is not allowed," Twitch announced at the time. "Non-gaming content (c): If using PS4 Playroom, the content must be about games or gaming and within our ToS. Thanks for understanding."

SOURCE

#2 Posted by Crossel777 (5595 posts) -

Rightfully so, idiot consolites thinking they can just jump onto twitch and it's well formed community and stream anything they please.

#3 Edited by finalstar2007 (25307 posts) -

So they are going to remove anything related to the PlayRoom app? Thats good!!! i been watching Twitch streams a lot lately to see how people play BF4 and CoD Ghosts and seriously there were some streams of people on the playroom doing nothing but starring at the camera or doing pranks i mean wtf?

so removing it is very good besides the playroom streams werent that many like many 4 out of say 50 gaming streams but i really watching people streaming their gameplay especially CoD Ghosts gameplay.

For anyone interested here are the PS4 streams link: http://www.twitch.tv/directory/all/ps4

last night i was almost close to spoil Killzones ending, had to quickly close the stream to avoid spoilers :P

#4 Posted by Jankarcop (9631 posts) -

Consoles still trying to emulate PC features that have been around for years and failing at it?

lol

#5 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2755 posts) -

Good

#6 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9513 posts) -

Console users in their natural habitat.

#7 Edited by Gue1 (10219 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

Consoles still trying to emulate PC features that have been around for years and failing at it?

lol

not a feature at all. You still need like 3 or 4 more software, a bit of knowledge about what you're doing and a pretty powerful PC if you want to stream and play games at the same time because depending on the quality of the streaming the conversion and software will eat a significant amount of the CPU and ram.

Most people stream from 2 PC's. One tower especially made for the stream and another rig to play the game. And that's without mentioning the audio splitter and some console hardware that you still need for that kind of dual set-up.

Meanwhile on the PS4 all you do is turn it on and you're set. That's it. Now this is a feature....

I used to stream back in the day when Twitch was something still cooking within the JustinTV's gaming section. But then the PC gamers and MLG barged in with their garbage DOTA and LOL and ended up ruining everything. Because believe it or not, 90% of the streamers were console gamers. You could find great communities with people playing old and new stuff and it was very diverse. There was something for everybody... But now the only persistent community there are those playing DOTA, LOL, Minecraft while everything else went to shit. But I don't blame the PC gamers as much as the fucking MLG and other stupid gaming Leagues. I hope that now with the PS4's streaming capabilities things can change a little for the better.

#8 Posted by edidili (3449 posts) -

#9 Edited by remiks00 (1912 posts) -

Dude, change this misleading topic name..., They only pulled "Playroom" streams.

geez, fanboys these days and their clickbait...smdh

#10 Posted by Nightflash28 (2123 posts) -

@Crazyguy105 said:

Ah, yes. PC gamers are much more civil and righteous, correct?

Spend a day plaing Dota2 or LoL, then let's talk about PC gamers' behavior.

#11 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25615 posts) -

Well that was quick.

#12 Edited by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

@Nightflash28 said:

@Crazyguy105 said:

in all honesty they probably are, PC gaming has the old man no skill gaming crowd in spades. Afterall why else is football manager a top seller year after year.

and i say this as and old man no skill gamer, with extensive pc gaming background.

#13 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

Plebs.

#14 Edited by Nightflash28 (2123 posts) -

@BeardMaster said:

@Nightflash28 said:

@Crazyguy105 said:

in all honesty they probably are, PC gaming has the old man no skill gaming crowd in spades. Afterall why else is football manager a top seller year after year.

and i say this as and old man no skill gamer, with extensive pc gaming background.

Again, that's a generalization. There are plenty of black sheep everywhere in the gaming community. Saying one platform has the more upright users than the other is pretty silly.
I've played plenty of online multiplayer games on the PC for the past 15 years, and the amount of verbal abuse you have to listed to / read in chat is comparable to that found on consoles.

#16 Posted by CloudStrife213 (430 posts) -

@edidili said:

LOL

#17 Edited by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

lol owned! Consolites are too kiddy to use Twitch, a feature only the pc gaming gods know how to use properly.

#18 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1967 posts) -

Misleading title but nobody expect quality topic from OP...

How are xbone stream doing? oh wait...

#19 Posted by kuu2 (7373 posts) -

@Crossel777 said:

Rightfully so, idiot consolites thinking they can just jump onto twitch and it's well formed community and stream anything they please.

Don't lump One owners in with the deviants that purchased and abused the PS4s abilities.

#20 Posted by Heil68 (45224 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

Dude, change this misleading topic name..., They only pulled "Playroom" streams.

geez, fanboys these days and their clickbait...smdh

We'll be streaming this weekend. :D

#21 Posted by hiphops_savior (7945 posts) -

@Nightflash28: It does seem that the PS4 attracts the worst type of streamers. Aka the ones who see it as a quick and easy way to fame, as compared to those who worked long and hard at it while remaining respectful of the rules.

#22 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

Sensationalist title, I feel like I'm ready Kotaku.

#23 Posted by mems_1224 (47286 posts) -

Not surprised that Sony is trying to muzzle their immature fanbase. Its the same reason the PS3 didn't come with a headset. Sony knows its fans are too dumb to handle basic social interactions.

#24 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Not surprised that Sony is trying to muzzle their immature fanbase. Its the same reason the PS3 didn't come with a headset. Sony knows its fans are too dumb to handle basic social interactions.

Did you even read any of the first post? You only need to read the first 6 words to make your whole comment pointless >_>.

#25 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5223 posts) -

@edidili said:

That is incredible.

#26 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5223 posts) -

#27 Edited by Jankarcop (9631 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@Jankarcop said:

lol

not a feature at all.

Like almost everything else game related, Twitch is better on PC. I will guarantee you can not refute this fact.

#28 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1967 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@Jankarcop said:

lol

not a feature at all. You still need like 3 or 4 more software, a bit of knowledge about what you're doing and a pretty powerful PC if you want to stream and play games at the same time because depending on the quality of the streaming the conversion and software will eat a significant amount of the CPU and ram.

Most people stream from 2 PC's. One tower especially made for the stream and another rig to play the game. And that's without mentioning the audio splitter and some console hardware that you still need for that kind of dual set-up.

Meanwhile on the PS4 all you do is turn it on and you're set. That's it. Now this is a feature....

I used to stream back in the day when Twitch was something still cooking within the JustinTV's gaming section. But then the PC gamers and MLG barged in with their garbage DOTA and LOL and ended up ruining everything. Because believe it or not, 90% of the streamers were console gamers. You could find great communities with people playing old and new stuff and it was very diverse. There was something for everybody... But now the only persistent community there are those playing DOTA, LOL, Minecraft while everything else went to shit. But I don't blame the PC gamers as much as the fucking MLG and other stupid gaming Leagues. I hope that now with the PS4's streaming capabilities things can change a little for the better.

#29 Edited by Jankarcop (9631 posts) -

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@Gue1 said:

@Jankarcop said:

lol

not a feature at all.

So Twitch, which is currently far better and more used and more famous streamers on PC, is not a PC feature because 2 known trolls and liars on a dying forum said so.

Cool.

#30 Posted by TREAL_Since (11946 posts) -

@Nightflash28 said:

@Crazyguy105 said:

From my extensive time playing Dota, and time watching LOL, I have to echo this sentiment. There's a microcosm within the PC community that is utter shit. Not just immature people, but literal, pure dicks and assholes. The likes of which only seem to exist on PC. The MOBA community is littered with them unfortunately, and it sucks seeing as MOBA games are some of the best games available on PC. While you may not get people showing their wife's breast on camera, you'll definitely experience hordes of entitled, self righteous, pseudo-wannabe-genius, can do no wrong, angry for no apparent reason, do not care for basic decency type individuals. Just wanted to chime in on that. It's deplorable, many of the personalities I come across on PC. Though it doesn't represent the entire PC community.

As for Playroom, it's a bummer, but this exclusion is for the best I suppose. People must remember to keep things gaming related. The Playroom gets boring after awhile, so PS4 gamers used it as a platform to fuck about, which lead to some hilarious streams. It was all just inappropriate for Twitch's TOU. I understand completely.

#31 Posted by Armoured_Mage (766 posts) -

i wish they didnt make twitch and just kept it as justin tv, I hate the twitch ui.

#32 Posted by Ratchet_Fan8 (5550 posts) -

Twitch are fascists.