Twitch is killed. #rekt

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#51  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

The only good thing coming out of this... DSP taking a well deserved hit.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#52 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

@Promised_Trini said:

Thanks Google. Who didn't see this coming after the shit storm that happened with youtube.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

There is a 'remove google' vid on hitbox now that is kinda interesting for a minute or two.
I'm messaging the content creators that I like to move to hitbox. It can be used to monetize streams, right?
I'm reading conflicted messages about this. If they don't have monetization they should add it THIS MINUTE or they are missing out on potentially a huge number of new people.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
@KungfuKitten said:

There is a 'remove google' vid on hitbox now that is kinda interesting for a minute or two.

I'm messaging the content creators that I like to move to hitbox. It can be used to monetize streams, right?

I'm reading conflicted messages about this. If they don't have monetization they should add it THIS MINUTE or they are missing out on potentially a huge number of new people.

If you have monetisation on there it opens a whole can of worms as they can say that you are making money from their content and they are not getting their share.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#55 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

It begins.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Kripparrian started to suck anyway.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Dear Internet Kids,

Copyrighted content belongs to other people. You can't make $$ with other people's Intellectual property.

Sincerely,

The Real World You Refuse to Live in

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#58  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@clyde46 said:
@KungfuKitten said:

If you have monetisation on there it opens a whole can of worms as they can say that you are making money from their content and they are not getting their share.

Yes I understand but it takes a long time before they manage to force you to do anything like with Twitch... Twitch had monetisation for a long time. So I was thinking they could do that, and reel in the money of all the extra people, and then quit when they get into too much trouble. Then the people can use another site, and then another, and so on. A bit like torrents. Maybe even made by the same people?

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#59 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Hopefully they'll manage to respect fair use, although I'm not as optimistic as other people around here.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#60 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

This is simply solved...stop using twitch.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Problem solved: Stop monetizing gameplay videos. I don't know why anyone should get paid for playing a video game while others watched.

It used to be you watched and played for fun. Monetization has been the devil of all this. Just take away that aspect and we have our hobby back.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

Is this 1984? Seems like it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Twitch full of scammers who pretender to be one of those people who don't walk.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-15-wheelchair-bound-gamer-banned-from-twitch-tv-after-accusations-he-faked-disability

Now real job required.

Thank you faceless billionaire companies.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

Hopefully they'll manage to respect fair use, although I'm not as optimistic as other people around here.

https://twitter.com/akamikeb/status/497447486898708480/photo/1

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

does this mean no more Ameno :'(

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つAMENO༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

https://twitter.com/akamikeb/status/497447486898708480/photo/1

There's a difference between Dota 2 and Nintendo franchises though (for example) ;) Guess, I should have written something like: "I hope they make a big deal out of not opening this system to abuse. Like how Youtube's implementation has resulted in tons of fraudulent, auto-enforced claims".

Edit: And I still don't see how any company's stance should have any effect on fair use.. crawling through sound portions of videos is guaranteed to spawn false positives all over the place.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#70 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@Desmonic said:

@Wasdie:

@Desmonic said:

It seems they are even "copyrighting" and "muting" stuff over which they have no rights to;

Also, they've unmuted the Dota 2 thing, which means they can actively select which videos suffer from it or not.

Plus, even supposedly "official" streams got affected (like the Dota 2 Invitational which suffered from it but has already been corrected).

The issue ( I think) is that most streamers will have no idea of what is or isn't protected under copyright in a game nor what's under the management of this company (the above case from my quote). Plus there is a real concern (though I have no exact idea just how feasible this might be) that it may start to affect actual live streams as well.

I get this when the streamer adds his own random music, but when it's the game's on music...well, just streaming it alone shouldn't be allowed under regular copyright laws (I think), so it's kinda weird they go just for the music. It's not like people are watching them for the music either.

Finally, it's the internet. Everything is always d00mz and the w0rs3 and all that....though Hitbox definitely saw a big, big surge today :P

This will blow over just like Youtube's thing did. After two weeks nobody will even remember this.

Um Youtube's issue still hasn't blown over. There are a lot of videos taken down for having music in them. Hell in TB's videos he mutes any non-ambient/in house music (like radio music in GTA or Watch Dogs), that kind of stuff will cause the video to be taken down.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#71 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

@chronoschris said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Twitch full of scammers who pretender to be one of those people who don't walk.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-15-wheelchair-bound-gamer-banned-from-twitch-tv-after-accusations-he-faked-disability

Now real job required.

Thank you faceless billionaire companies.

One guy doesn't equal to "full of scammers".

This is true. Totalbiscuit and Angry Joe bring the count up significantly.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Bro's, time to switch to Hitbox. Seems like a copy-paste of Twitch, so it should be fine. Until it gets too big and awesome. Then we'll need a copy-paste of Hitbox! And the cycle will continue! :O

This reminds of a certain Southpark episode

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

I thought google buy was not final yet?

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#75 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Does this include the streamed video game's respective ost?

Priapus10101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#77  Edited By Priapus10101
Member since 2013 • 157 Posts

Hmm. I figured companies would prefer their content not to be copyrighted on twitch as it is essentially free advertising. Surely the additional money gained from free advertisement would far outweigh the measly commission obtained from the content providers pockets.