Turning an AVID console gamer candidate to PC gaming....

• 196 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#151 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts

@mikehockbourns said:

@nyadc said:

@mikehockbourns said:

@-God- said:

@mikehockbourns said:

@True_Gamer_: LOL fifa on pc.

hahahaha

lol multiplats,rts,moba,tbs,mmo,sims,builders on console

lol competitive gaming on console

lol aiming on console

lolpcgaming

lolpcgaming what? There's literally nothing to "laugh out loud" about.

yea there is.

you don't get console exclusives. you have to wait years for all the best console games (red dead, gta 5, valkyria chronicles.......) by the time those games actually come out your shitty $2000 rigs are out-dated. you get those stupid game crash blue screens lol, all the best games come to consoles, pc is an after thought, pc gets only indies and some boring league of legends nerdville crap. pc used to be cool in the 90s but today pc gaming is complete shit.

1 million beggars begging for leagues in FIFA

lol consoles

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#152 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

You get console gamers into PC gaming when they realize they don't have to pretend not to be able to see above 20-30 fps.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

I'm a console gamer who won't move to PC any time soon. Console gaming just makes my games just work. Where as PC gaming I have to play around with settings and PC requirements to get it to work. Yup pass.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#155 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@360ru13r said:

I'm a console gamer who won't move to PC any time soon. Console gaming just makes my games just work. Where as PC gaming I have to play around with settings and PC requirements to get it to work. Yup pass.

In this age, if you have a decent PC you dont haveto do any of that, you can play on default settings. No one is forcing you to turn the settings up, those are options.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 360ru13r

@Motokid6 I'm not talking about just the multiplayer. I'm talking about I pop in the disk start it up and play single player and keep it moving. If multiplayer doesn't work that is a whole different ballpark and plus nine out of ten time you should know that is a sever issue on MS or the game developers side anyway. Rarely is that a system configuration problem or something on your end. For me console have a lot less ghost hunting troubleshooting.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 360ru13r

@pelvis yes you do to a degree I tried running a game once on the Intel Integrated Graphic 4000 not pretty at all to may frame drops. Plus the tech savy me has to just to make sure the game plays just right where it may not shudder but I see where you are coming from. Just depends on the PC. One of those thing where you get what you pay for.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 360ru13r

@Motokid6:

oh ok I'm not about to argue up and down this forum about this. Look PC gaming has it's advantages ok. And I still stick by my convictions that there are plug and play. Now are they completely plug in play like they were back before all console started gaming online no. But they still are just simple dummy terminals for me to use just for gaming. I mean a PC catches a virus and their goes your gaming experience, your streaming device, you machine you use for internet purposes, and practically everything you ever do. Where as my console goes down we damn there just goes my entertainment. Oh and faulty inconsistent service is in all services not just MS. People have been paying for years for those bigger MMO company's internet services and even they have down moments. So yeah I purposely choose to drink the console kool-aid and it tastes fine.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#161  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@360ru13r

http://www.wired.com/2014/12/halo-master-chief-collection/

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/02/01/psn-down-for-most-users-repsn-down-reports-coming-in-from-users-ports-coming-in/

http://kotaku.com/5885358/why-skyrim-didnt-play-nice-with-the-ps3

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Ring_of_Death

http://kotaku.com/installing-xbox-one-games-takes-way-too-long-1471191836

And lets not forget all the broken Ubisoft games on console, which unlike the PC versions, can't be fixed with a simple google search.

Consoles have been a bigger pain in the ass lately.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

@True_Gamer_ said:

@mikehockbourns said:

@nyadc said:

@mikehockbourns said:

@-God- said:

@mikehockbourns said:

hahahaha

lol aiming on console

lolpcgaming

yea there is.

you don't get console exclusives. you have to wait years for all the best console games (red dead, gta 5, valkyria chronicles.......) by the time those games actually come out your shitty $2000 rigs are out-dated. you get those stupid game crash blue screens lol, all the best games come to consoles, pc is an after thought, pc gets only indies and some boring league of legends nerdville crap. pc used to be cool in the 90s but today pc gaming is complete shit.

lol consoles

millions of pc losers signing petitions for console games

lolpcgaming

ahahahah

pathetic.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#163 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@mikehockbourns said:

lolpcgaming

ahahahah

pathetic.

You mean the people who petitioned for GTA V? You mean the game franchise which came into existence on the PC and for the fifth iteration Rockstar kept their mouths entirely shut about what they were doing with it? Why wouldn't people petition for it, they wanted information, it's not a console franchise, it's always been multi-platform. The only reason it was kept quiet was due to Rockstar overhauling it along side the PS4/XB1 versions which they also kept quiet about...

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

@nyadc said:

@mikehockbourns said:

lolpcgaming

ahahahah

pathetic.

You mean the people who petitioned for GTA V? You mean the game franchise which came into existence on the PC and for the fifth iteration Rockstar kept their mouths entirely shut about what they were doing with it? Why wouldn't people petition for it, they wanted information, it's not a console franchise, it's always been multi-platform. The only reason it was kept quiet was due to Rockstar overhauling it along side the PS4/XB1 versions which they also kept quiet about...

no i mean the countless other console exclusives that pc peasants have to petition for.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#165  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@mikehockbourns said:

@nyadc said:

@mikehockbourns said:

lolpcgaming

ahahahah

pathetic.

no i mean the countless other console exclusives that pc peasants have to petition for.

What other games? Also PC peasants? You do realize that calling PC gamers peasants is an oxymoron...

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 True_Gamer_

@mikehockbourns said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@mikehockbourns said:

@nyadc said:

@mikehockbourns said:

@-God- said:

@mikehockbourns said:

hahahaha

lol aiming on console

lolpcgaming

yea there is.

lol consoles

lolpcgaming

ahahahah

pathetic.

Try playing any other league in FIFA?

Cannot?

Begging for it?

Closed nazi platforms made for slaves?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@nyadc said:

@mikehockbourns said:

@nyadc said:

@mikehockbourns said:

lolpcgaming

ahahahah

pathetic.

What other games? Also PC peasants? You do realize that calling PC gamers peasants is an oxymoron...

stop feeding trolls, please....hell, look at his name

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 True_Gamer_

@mikehockbourns said:

@nyadc said:

@mikehockbourns said:

lolpcgaming

ahahahah

pathetic.

It hurts that many of those petitions come to fruition?

What about that 1 mil sigs petition for FIFA leagues?

Nazi closed console peasant castles wont let u mod leagues into it?

Avatar image for deactivated-57de36cfc19df
deactivated-57de36cfc19df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 deactivated-57de36cfc19df
Member since 2011 • 51 Posts

Consoles are for kids to young adults and game pcs are for older people who don't date anymore and are boring. No need to mix them.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 True_Gamer_

@Motokid6 said:

@huggy_bear01 said:

Consoles are for kids. Gaming pcs are for young adults and older people who have jobs/careers and like to invest into a better video game experience. No need to mix them.

Fixed some errors for ya.

U must be very good craftsman...

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#173 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Why would they want to play a tiny screen while hunching on a desk, sitting on a uncomfortable chair with mouse and keyboard that arent designed for gaming and having no games to play because pc gaming is dying and has no exlusives not to mention having to pay 2.000$ for a good pc.

Peasants never learn.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

Hey guys, my Intel HD 4600 can play CS:GO, DOTA 2, League of Legends, and Team Fortress 2. Does that mean I'm a PC gamer? lol

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#175 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@intotheminx said:

Hey guys, my Intel HD 4600 can play CS:GO, DOTA 2, League of Legends, and Team Fortress 2. Does that mean I'm a PC gamer? lol

do you play those games?

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@lostrib said:

@intotheminx said:

do you play those games?

I was joking because the term "PC gamer" is a broad one. One does not need a $2k rig to be a PC gamer....annnnd I despise CS;GO. I do play LoL and TF2 every now and then.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@True_Gamer_ said:

Its a piece of cake...

Simply inform him about Steam Big Picture Mode

And that ONLY ON PC he can enjoy his favourite league in modded FIFA....

My buddy was this close to buying an Xbone (I live in EU)...For Forza and FIFA strictly (doesnt give a dam about anything else)....

Then I showed him that he can have his favourite team (Aris Thessaloniki) and Superleague ONLY ON PC...

He forked up €600 for a PC (6300 + 280x + 8GB ram etc etc)....

And is happy ever since...

Peasants Keep begging EA for leagues http://www.fifplay.com/fifa16-leagues-vote/

NEARLY 1 mil votes....

No

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

If you wish to get console gamers into PC gaming maybe stop calling them peasants or kids or stupid. They,re not going to embrace the PC community if you keep insulting them.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

Big Picture Mode still isnt perfect. SOmetimes i have to exit out of BPM to get the game to launch

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

necro necro necro necro

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Cobra_nVidia said:

You get console gamers into PC gaming when they realize they don't have to pretend not to be able to see above 20-30 fps.

And here I also thought gaming was about getting the games to play when all along it's apparently about the FPS. smh

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

@ribstaylor1 said:

@Halo2-Best-FPS: Really not sure which of the 6700 games I have on my pc that aren't flash games I should be playing right now. You want to help me make that decision, the list spans generations all the way back the pong, and I can't for the life of me decide which one from what system I really want to play.

Which of those game has bigger budget and better gfx than The Order.

I'll wait.

Your literally using a glorified QTE game with minimal replay value, thought process, with a extremely short length as the guiding example why he should go back to consoles? This isn't helping your case.. The Order is basically a shining example to what is wrong with the AAA industry right now and the tools are making it worse by trying to claim that this kind of thing is ok.

See as a pc gamer I probably would have gotten something like one of the new consoles right now if it weren't for the fact that they have lost features since last gen.. Quite fucking literally the PS3 does MORE THINGS now than the PS4, I mean wtf is that? How are people defending these kind of design decisions by console developers?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#185 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

Unless you are an active criminal it's difficult now to justify pc over consoles.

Every single player with a large budget, is generally designed with consoles in mind, with the pc getting a late port, that sometimes borders on terrible. Grand Theft Auto 5 (for example) is years behind the console version, and that series started off on the pc.

When sitting 5-6 feet away from the tv, unless you have a microscope, most people wont notice any difference other than the massive price point.

The consoles also have exclusives due to being specific company bossiness, most people when possible go multiplatform, meaning they will be on consoles as well.

For tablet style games, the pc excels, due open nature, cheap weak hardware to the point of a cell phone can run them. Likewise, MMO's have never taken off on consoles.

For bejewel style gaming and MMO's, pc is the place to go. For everything else (FPS/TPS/RPG), in general, AAA blockbusters, consoles win.

Strategy games don't count.

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

Couldn't agree more.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 True_Gamer_

@uninspiredcup said:

Unless you are an active criminal it's difficult now to justify pc over consoles.

Every single player with a large budget, is generally designed with consoles in mind, with the pc getting a late port, that sometimes borders on terrible. Grand Theft Auto 5 (for example) is years behind the console version, and that series started off on the pc.

When sitting 5-6 feet away from the tv, unless you have a microscope, most people wont notice any difference other than the massive price point.

The consoles also have exclusives due to being specific company bossiness, most people when possible go multiplatform, meaning they will be on consoles as well.

For tablet style games, the pc excels, due open nature, cheap weak hardware to the point of a cell phone can run them. Likewise, MMO's have never taken off on consoles.

For bejewel style gaming and MMO's, pc is the place to go. For everything else (FPS/TPS/RPG), in general, AAA blockbusters, consoles win.

Hahaha you have resorted to sad trolling level?

AAA? Here on Gamespot? Only Gamespot scores count on SYSTEM WARS.

Where are the AAA PS4/Xbone exclusives?

None?

Trolling of excluding Strategy?

If I say Shooting Games dont count?

What are you left with on consoles?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#188  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

@True_Gamer_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:

None?

Stategy games are not popular on consoles, so obviously they are excluded.

Every other genre viable, barring MMO's exceeds on consoles. That's just a fact. What you think is irrelevant to the equation, it's set.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@True_Gamer_: Maybe if you didn't try turning anyone into anything and instead let them decide for themselves?

If someone likes consoles....they like consoles. Why are you trying to deter them from something they enjoy.

In turn...how would you like if someone made a post about how to turn a someone into a console gamer.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#190 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

;/ console for the exclusives, PC for the mods different strokes for different folks.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By True_Gamer_

@uninspiredcup said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:

None?

Stategy games are not popular on consoles, so obviously they are excluded.

Every other genre viable, barring MMO's exceeds on consoles. That's just a fact. What you think is irrelevant to the equation, it's set.

So you count what is popular and subjectively where?

Who made you the king of trolls?

You decide which trolling standards to apply here?

Again failed troll.

Ill wait for AAA exclusive games here on Gamespot.

@mr_huggles_dog

Ive informed my friend that IF HE WANTED TO ENJOY his FAVOURITE TEAM and LEAGUE in FIFA15 he could do that ONLY ON PC.

€600 Later he enjoys his fx6300 280x 8gb ram PC (all included)...

And his favourite team

Which in the closed lobotomized nazi system of consoles would never be possible.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#193 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

@True_Gamer_: Pseudo console-emulation like Big Picture only gives PC players a mere hint at what a console offers. It would be like saying: show a PC player the browser on your Xbox and ta-da!

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

I'll wait.

:D:D:D:D:D This guy is bragging about The Order. Oh my god man. You can't just take a game and brag about one of its aspects while ignoring the 100 others that are absolute shit.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@millerlight89 said:

Pc gaming is nowhere near as good as it used to be. The sooner you realize it, the better.

Yeah, it's so much better.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@kalipekona said:

@millerlight89 said:

Pc gaming is nowhere near as good as it used to be. The sooner you realize it, the better.

Yeah, it's so much better.

Destroyed.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Halo2-Best-FPS said:

@ribstaylor1 said:

@Halo2-Best-FPS: Really not sure which of the 6700 games I have on my pc that aren't flash games I should be playing right now. You want to help me make that decision, the list spans generations all the way back the pong, and I can't for the life of me decide which one from what system I really want to play.

I'll wait.

You should change your name to TheOrder-Best-TPS

He has a bit of an identity crisis. He can't decide if he is a cow or a lemming. But, whatever, they both eat grass.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46231 Posts

@kalipekona said:

He has a bit of an identity crisis. He can't decide if he is a cow or a lemming. But, whatever, they both eat grass.

Harsh times for either faction. Desperately hyping up that next 'big' exclusive...

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Thread is a fair bit past its shelf life to be bumped.