Truth behind XBone being #1 selling console during E3 week

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

As we are all aware, Microsoft made the bold claim that they were the biggest selling console during the week of E3. This has led *ahem* some people to make the claim that Microsoft has won E3. Despite the PS4 outselling the Bone by 70 thousand units for the month, as is oft with Microsoft PR, there is always a devil in the details.

The fact of the matter is They shipped the 1TB XBone the day of their E3 conference and passed off fulfilling preorders as a legitimate sales boost from E3 hype. ..and in so doing, showed their hand that there was not going to be a price cut announcement or at least an actual price cut since we knew the $350 Desperation Bundles were never going to go back up in price after the utter shellacking XBone received in January.

When it comes to the XBone, always look for the asterisk when anything comes out of MSes mouth. They will literally do anything to paint this paper tiger in a good light.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

"When it comes to the XBone, always look for the asterisk when anything comes out of MSes mouth. They will literally do anything to paint this paper tiger in a good light."

C'mon Shew... Where was this sentiment in gen 7 when Sony combined ps2 numbers in with ps3 numbers to dull their own shelacking?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shewgenja

@TheEroica said:

"When it comes to the XBone, always look for the asterisk when anything comes out of MSes mouth. They will literally do anything to paint this paper tiger in a good light."

Where was this sentiment in gen 7 when Sony combined ps2 numbers in with ps3 numbers to dull their own shelacking?

I think System Wars was all over that, actually. Rightfully so.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

@Shewgenja: you know I was... ;) anyway, spin spin spin.... The video game way.

I want you to do some research next on how many times UBIsoft has said the next assassins creed will be "all new!" "redesigned!" and "a new Era of assassins creed!" only to have the exact same game release on a near yearly calander.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shewgenja

@TheEroica said:

@Shewgenja: you know I was... ;) anyway, spin spin spin.... The video game way.

I want you to do some research next on how many times UBIsoft has said the next assassins creed will be "all new!" "redesigned!" and "a new Era of assassins creed!" only to have the exact same game release on a near yearly calander.

We hold these truths to be self evident lol

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@Shewgenja: Discipline. Have two jobs. 120fps. 4D. Next Gen doesn't start until we say so. We might be third but in our eyes we're first.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shewgenja

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Shewgenja: We might be third but in our eyes we're first.

Yeah, we are still waiting to hear worldwide numbers for the XBone, aren't we? It would be hilarity if they are still behind the WiiU.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@Shewgenja: Why do you care so much?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shewgenja

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Shewgenja: Why do you care so much?

Why do ya'll have to reach back to Gen 7 to have a point in a thread about E3 2015? The mysteries of the universe are many.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

oh noes

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Wow the measly thought of Xbox ONE outselling the PS4 for a week has this cow up in arms.

Don't worry you still have global/lifetime to fall back on. You ruined day is restored.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Wow, anything to attack Microsoft.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Despite the PS4 outselling the Bone by 70 million units,

What the **** are you talking about?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

MS wins E3 confirmed

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

Can't tell who is legitimately worse at using facts fanboys or Fox news? This is quite the conundrum.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Them gloatin about a week is like a basketball team gloating they got a 3 point shot , when they are down 22 points.

But if the team never scored a 3 point shot in they're life , it sure is a big deal.

What i'm saying is , MS wins , in the "no contest" match.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

Nah, the truth behind it is MS had BC and it was available within the week of E3. That got many to upgrade at that point. Why wouldn't it? Everything Sony announced was for 2016/2017.

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#18 UltimateImp
Member since 2015 • 1192 Posts

Looks legit, no one believes anything Microsoft says anyway.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

You know, this morning I finished up Halo CE from the MCC and it was a blast and a beauty to behold, and before that I was enjoying Rocket League on PS4, and before that I was playing Super Smash Bros for Wii U. Sales data for these systems, their company PR talk and all that jazz didn't enter my mind even once.

But you keep studying those little numbers and have yourself a good time, mkay?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@locopatho said:
@Shewgenja said:

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

"Despite the PS4 outselling the Bone by 70 million units" Would you explain this.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@bobrossperm said:

Nah, the truth behind it is MS had BC and it was available within the week of E3. That got many to upgrade at that point. Why wouldn't it? Everything Sony announced was for 2016/2017.

I don't see the logic in that. If you haven't upgraded because of new games....why would you upgrade to play old games you can play right now on your 360? You wouldn't.

BC is good I suppose for those who already own the One...it isn't going to bring new consumers in and of itself.

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 John_of_Rivia
Member since 2015 • 232 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: But why wouldn't BC be a boon for people who haven't upgraded? They have a system offering the chance to play old and new games. Now they have a possible reason to trade in their old system and use it towards the newer one. I would hope they do their research on what games are likely to come and what games aren't (Activison...), but the prospect itself is a boon.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic

@john_of_rivia said:

@LJS9502_basic: But why wouldn't BC be a boon for people who haven't upgraded? They have a system offering the chance to play old and new games. Now they have a possible reason to trade in their old system and use it towards the newer one. I would hope they do their research on what games are likely to come and what games aren't (Activison...), but the prospect itself is a boon.

It's not a boon. Why buy a new console to play games you can already play? That would be a waste of money actually. Now if one has upgraded to play new games and foolishly traded in an old console...I can see it being a benefit depending on how well it's implemented.

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 John_of_Rivia

@LJS9502_basic: The prospect of playing old games is a bonus, not the ONLY reason to upgrade. I doubt anyone buying the console will think "finally, I can play old games on my new console" and ignore everything else that comes with upgrading. BC could be the thing that gets them to ultimately choose which side of the fence they want to be on. In the eyes of a new consumer, they get a more powerful console, more support, newer games, and they (possibly) don't have to trade in all of their games. I know I personally only kept my 360 because of the games I downloaded on it. If it still worked, I would trade it in or sell it for some money/credit.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

So your complaining that Xbox actually had some decent planning? Release an upgraded console, have a price drop, and announce a bunch of games that will actually be released this year... bad Microsoft. Stop being so smart.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic

@john_of_rivia said:

@LJS9502_basic: The prospect of playing old games is a bonus, not the ONLY reason to upgrade. I doubt anyone buying the console will think "finally, I can play old games on my new console" and ignore everything else that comes with upgrading. BC could be the thing that gets them to ultimately choose which side of the fence they want to be on. In the eyes of a new consumer, they get a more powerful console, more support, newer games, and they (possibly) don't have to trade in all of their games. I know I personally only kept my 360 because of the games I downloaded on it. If it still worked, I would trade it in or sell it for some money/credit.

Oh for fucks sake. Games sell consoles. No one upgrades to play old games. You already have the One do you not? As I said...it's a bonus for those with the console already. It's not going to move consoles if they don't have NEW games the individuals want. And if it does have NEW games the individual wants then they will make the purchase. But I can guarantee you if they haven't upgraded yet they still have their 360 to play their old games on,.

I am a damn consumer and I generally purchase all three consoles. NOT to play old games. I want new games. And I'm waiting to see what MS offers. Which means exclusives I cannot find anywhere else. This gen most of MS' games end up on PC making their console obsolete really.

BC is not a selling point.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 waahahah

@LJS9502_basic said:
@john_of_rivia said:

Oh for fucks sake. Games sell consoles. No one upgrades to play old games. You already have the One do you not? As I said...it's a bonus for those with the console already. It's not going to move consoles if they don't have NEW games the individuals want. And if it does have NEW games the individual wants then they will make the purchase. But I can guarantee you if they haven't upgraded yet they still have their 360 to play their old games on,.

I am a damn consumer and I generally purchase all three consoles. NOT to play old games. I want new games. And I'm waiting to see what MS offers. Which means exclusives I cannot find anywhere else. This gen most of MS' games end up on PC making their console obsolete really.

Yes it is. For people that have tons of digital content or still might want to pick up and play older titles they never got to its a huge plus. I've been playing a lot of older titles because there just isn't enough new titles I'm interested in...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@waahahah said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Yes it is. For people that have tons of digital content or still might want to pick up and play older titles they never got to its a huge plus. I've been playing a lot of older titles because there just isn't enough new titles I'm interested in...

Nope. I can play all those old games now. No one is going to spend that money to play what they already can. Well there probably are a few fools out there.

It needs NEW content to appeal to gamers looking to upgrade. And the fact that MS didn't suddenly jump ahead is proof enough of that.

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 John_of_Rivia

@LJS9502_basic: woah calm down lol.

For one, you are a consumer, as am I and everyone else. So, unless you have some kind of statistics, you can't prove what you just said. Everyone's taste are different. Now, in relation to what I said, the average person does desire BC (it was the most requested feature l; whether that's from X1 owners is impossible to know.) I personally can't think of any way in which its a negative (it's something fans requested, so it's a proper allocation of funds and labor.)

Idk if you even read half the stuff you reply to. I clearly stated its a bonus. Meaning, this, along with the other features I posted, are reasons to get an X1. It's not the SOLE reason someone gets a new console, but it does add to the value of the machine.

What you're saying is really just denying the desire to have more options. It's not a matter of whether only YOU want new games. It's a matter of Microsoft now offering something the consumers want.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:
@bobrossperm said:

I don't see the logic in that. If you haven't upgraded because of new games....why would you upgrade to play old games you can play right now on your 360? You wouldn't.

BC is good I suppose for those who already own the One...it isn't going to bring new consumers in and of itself.

It makes the jump easier. The BC is a saftey net in case you don't dig much that's out on the new console. Where before they wouldn't buy an X1 because there wasn't enough next gen titles to justify a purchase yet, having BC means there's a reason to invest early. That probably got people to buy it that week. Look, MS wouldn't attempt backwards compatability just for those who already own the X1 lol, it was to bring in those 360 owners sitting on the fence.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 waahahah

@LJS9502_basic said:
@waahahah said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Nope. I can play all those old games now. No one is going to spend that money to play what they already can. Well there probably are a few fools out there.

It needs NEW content to appeal to gamers looking to upgrade. And the fact that MS didn't suddenly jump ahead is proof enough of that.

I never said people want to spend money on that they already own. But the fact is BC allows you to REPLACE your previous console. Many people don't keep all of their old systems around so each generation you give up what you already have to get something new. Many people trade their own consoles in. And you don't have to own these older titles. Were you interested in some xbox exclusives but never bought an xbox? Now you can pick up older titles on the cheap. BC is an advantage and a reason to purchase a console, maybe because you're ok with buying older titles that you skipped and found for $5, or because you don't want to keep 12 consoles lying around.

You're kind of just wrong, just because it has no benefit to you doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't want it or can't enjoy its benefit.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic

@waahahah said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I never said people want to spend money on that they already own. But the fact is BC allows you to REPLACE your previous console. Many people don't keep all of their old systems around so each generation you give up what you already have to get something new. Many people trade their own consoles in. And you don't have to own these older titles. Were you interested in some xbox exclusives but never bought an xbox? Now you can pick up older titles on the cheap. BC is an advantage and a reason to purchase a console, maybe because you're ok with buying older titles that you skipped and found for $5, or because you don't want to keep 12 consoles lying around.

You're kind of just wrong, just because it has no benefit to you doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't want it or can't enjoy its benefit.

Here's the problem with that argument. It's not true BC and it doesn't support all the games. If I want to continue playing older games then I would most definitely NOT trade it nor the games in for something half assed.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic

@john_of_rivia said:

@LJS9502_basic: woah calm down lol.

For one, you are a consumer, as am I and everyone else. So, unless you have some kind of statistics, you can't prove what you just said. Everyone's taste are different. Now, in relation to what I said, the average person does desire BC (it was the most requested feature l; whether that's from X1 owners is impossible to know.) I personally can't think of any way in which its a negative (it's something fans requested, so it's a proper allocation of funds and labor.)

Idk if you even read half the stuff you reply to. I clearly stated its a bonus. Meaning, this, along with the other features I posted, are reasons to get an X1. It's not the SOLE reason someone gets a new console, but it does add to the value of the machine.

What you're saying is really just denying the desire to have more options. It's not a matter of whether only YOU want new games. It's a matter of Microsoft now offering something the consumers want.

Look dude if you are foolish enough to buy a brand new console to play old games and not care that there isn't anything currently out nor coming soon that you want to play....have at it. Kudos to MS for finding that market to exploit.

Nonetheless you continue to miss the point. As I said.....those already with the One were excited by the announcement. But I think that will wane when the reality sets in. It's not going to move consoles in and of itself as you initially asserted.

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By John_of_Rivia

@LJS9502_basic: So someone is foolish for likening something Microsoft offers when you don't. It's offering 5 fairly big games this holiday season, along with Rare replay. Maybe you don't like any of these games. Fine. But don't say Microsoft is offering nothing.

I'm not missing the point. BC is a plus for anyone. As someone else pointed out, maybe they didn't own a 360. Now they can have a chance to catch up along with a chance to play newer games.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Shewgenja

@Bigboi500 said:

You know, this morning I finished up Halo CE from the MCC and it was a blast and a beauty to behold, and before that I was enjoying Rocket League on PS4, and before that I was playing Super Smash Bros for Wii U. Sales data for these systems, their company PR talk and all that jazz didn't enter my mind even once.

But you keep studying those little numbers and have yourself a good time, mkay?

This morning, I played Splatoon to get the blood flowing, then hopped on my PC to play FFXIV and exploring the Western Coerthas Highlands. Then I hopped on my PS4 for a quick bout of Rocket League.

But you keep having your head up your pompous ass thinking you're a better gamer than me, mkay? Congratulations on having two consoles that do ****-all damn near the exact same thing but you're willing to pay $100 a year for the privilege. Your merit badge is in the mail.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By waahahah

@LJS9502_basic said:
@waahahah said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Here's the problem with that argument. It's not true BC and it doesn't support all the games. If I want to continue playing older games then I would most definitely NOT trade it nor the games in for something half assed.

Again, its a factor in making a purchase. Your just wrong.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shewgenja

@locopatho said:
@Shewgenja said:

Corrected in OP, thank you for pointing that out. It was around 70 thousand for the month. I goofed.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LJS9502_basic

@john_of_rivia said:

@LJS9502_basic: So someone is foolish for likening something Microsoft offers when you don't. It's offering 5 fairly big games this holiday season, along with Rare replay. Maybe you don't like any of these games. Fine. But don't say Microsoft is offering nothing.

I'm not missing the point. BC is a plus for anyone. As someone else pointed out, maybe they didn't own a 360. Now they can have a chance to catch up along with a chance to play newer games.

Likening?

No someone is foolish if there reason for upgrading is to play old games. I have no problem with people liking the games MS releases on the One. Nor if they play old games with the BC. I said they are foolish if they buy a new console to play old games and haven't been interested in the new games at all.

You are missing the point. As for whoever pointed out they might have missed the 360....I doubt that. MS isn't really getting new consumers to their product. They are selling to those who like their consoles and own either one or both of them. But even if we ignore that................

If I missed out on 360 games and suddenly wanted to play them...I can buy a much cheaper console...ie the 360....and it will play all the games....not emulate a few.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@waahahah said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@waahahah said:

You can only speak for yourself. And MS didn't suddenly shift a ton of consoles after the announcement so I don't think you can say I'm wrong. Facts are not on your side.:)

Edit: also it's you're.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Congrats to MS for being the number one seller for one week. Now let's see them do it for 4 weeks

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By waahahah

@LJS9502_basic said:
@waahahah said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@waahahah said:

You can only speak for yourself. And MS didn't suddenly shift a ton of consoles after the announcement so I don't think you can say I'm wrong. Facts are not on your side.:)

Its a factor that plays in for everyone, a factor you don't care much about. At the end of the day it matters.

And who gives a **** about proper grammar on a stupid forum...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

So you think fulfilling pre-orders doesn't count as sales?

No, fullfilling a pre-order is just that, a fucking sale.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic

@waahahah said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Its a factor that plays in for everyone, a factor you don't care much about. At the end of the day it matters.

And who gives a **** about proper grammar on a stupid forum...

Way to contradict yourself there dude. Obviously if it's not a factor for me then it's not a factor for everyone. And I'm not the only one. You just want to wave your pom poms and cheer lead whatever the console of your choice does. I'm console agnostic. Give me a reason to buy your console and I do it. Emulation of select games is not it. I didn't buy the 360 when it emulated the games from the first console. When I got my PS3 it wasn't the BC version.

Yes I know some people turn in old consoles and games. But if they haven't at this point upgraded to the One...they probably are waiting for...wait for it....the GAMES. That will give them incentive. This inand of itself just doesn't.

As I said....some of those with the One might find use for it. Not all. Believe it or not I bet some One users have the 360 as well. Hell....maybe even the Xbox.

As for grammar....intelligent people care. And those who wish to have their opinion given any validity. Poor grammar makes one seem uneducated. And devalues their opinion.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@john_of_rivia: you both are debating different points without realizing lol... thats the story of 97 percent of everything argument tho

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@Shewgenja: You're an idiot. You get so butthurt and defensive. Grow the **** up.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@mems_1224: Maybe in your world, not reality though.

MS had an absolutely pitiful E3 to me, apart from Rare Replay it was a joke.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shewgenja

@primorandomguy said:

@Shewgenja: You're an idiot. You get so butthurt and defensive. Grow the **** up.

I appear to be under your skin, all wise and knowig guru-san.