TR: Definitive Edition gets an... 8?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Courtesy of Tom McShea

And just like Deus Ex for Wii U, no complaints of it being more expensive than the other versions for no good reason. I know these reviews have different writers, but how is it that the 360 version of GUN and the Wii version of Heatseeker get crap for being more expensive, and yet two of Square Eidos' games get a pass?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Tomb Raider :DE is awesome it deserved higher.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Don't they only use whole numbers now?

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

how is it that the 360 version of GUN and the Wii version of Heatseeker get crap for being more expensive, and yet two of Square Eidos' games get a pass?

Little integrity? No but really, reviewers are not taking value into consideration as much as they used to. Not surprising considering that they are given these games for free and are then required to assess a value that's clearly impossible to analyze.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I also couldn't find any mention of a difference in performance. It's really just a copy pasted review. Something which was mentioned during early 360/ ps3 multiplats the previous gen.

Is this omething that potential buyers should be aware of? yes, definitely.

Luckily there's plenty of other sites showcasing the differences.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Looks like he ignored everything and just reviewed the game itself.. Isn't that what people want

zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts

Very good review. I'm going to give it a chance. On PS4 of course...

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

good score I'm getting it for the X1.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#10 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Sounds too high for an obvious cash in.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Well, the leap from Gen 7 to Gen 8 isn't all that big. Any gen 7 game won't be impressive on the new console, not even the SD stuff from the Wii. Also theres no reason any Next Gen games couldn't have been on the previous consoles instead.

Will things be better Next Year ? I doubt it. ! Its TV and Share Buttons forever !

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Different reviewers. Some penalise last gen games that are ported over for full price (as they should, imo). Others go by the logic that a good game is a good game, who cares if it's a port or too expensive (the Wii/WiiU third party argument :P)

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Reviews of games like this should focus on the changes and new stuff only.

Not a bloody copy of what was said when the game originally launched. We already know how the game plays, same story, same characters. It's pointless to just re-review it in general.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#14 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

Almost done with Tomb Raider for PS3 and it looks like absolute sex. I can't imagine what it would look like on the next gen consoles.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@locopatho said:

Different reviewers. Some penalise last gen games that are ported over for full price (as they should, imo). Others go by the logic that a good game is a good game, who cares if it's a port or too expensive (the Wii/WiiU third party argument :P)

Well, you don't see me defending the price of Deus Ex for Wii U. In fact, I've hardly seen ANY sheep defend it as there was nothing but criticism from them (myself included).

Despite it, I don't care how "different" the reviewers are. Overlooking something like that is dumb.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

A cash grab received a good review now all the dumb unaware casuals will grab the game... really sad. For the amount of none existent improvements this game has received, it should be a $29.99 title tops.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#17 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Yeah it should get flak for it, but i think it's still a good game tbh

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

@sukraj said:

good score I'm getting it for the X1.

I'm getting for PS4, awwww yeahhhh

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Courtesy of Tom McShea

And just like Deus Ex for Wii U, no complaints of it being more expensive than the other versions for no good reason. I know these reviews have different writers, but how is it that the 360 version of GUN and the Wii version of Heatseeker get crap for being more expensive, and yet two of Square Eidos' games get a pass?

Why should it be cheaper? Its for a different system after all. If a game released on the 360 and then a PS3 version releases later should you pay less for it? Should PC gamers pay a discounted price for GTAV when it comes out? If you already have the game on 360, PS3 or PC then dont NEED to buy it again.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@locopatho said:

Well, you don't see me defending the price of Deus Ex for Wii U. In fact, I've hardly seen ANY sheep defend it as there was nothing but criticism from them (myself included).

Despite it, I don't care how "different" the reviewers are. Overlooking something like that is dumb.

There's an argument that price shouldn't matter at all and reviews should solely be based on game quality irrespective of price. After all, a gamer in a year or two could be grabbing this for 2 or 3 euros on the Steam sale.

I'm not really in that camp but I see their point.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot we are talking about an Xbone/PS4 game :P Replace Steam sale with PS+ or XBL Deal of the Week :P

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

Reviews of games like this should focus on the changes and new stuff only.

Not a bloody copy of what was said when the game originally launched. We already know how the game plays, same story, same characters. It's pointless to just re-review it in general.

Welcome to gamespot, where we get re-posted reviews and hipsterish quality reviews on games.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

>gives the game an 8 which means great
>hipster opinion

smh animal.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

>gives the game an 8 which means great

>hipster opinion

smh animal.

Obviously you can't see it champ.... Hahahahah, I have the vision son. It may be short sighted but I see it. Also i'm not talking about this game. But some in general.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Here's a thought. If a game is an obvious cash-in on something you've already played, try ignoring the review. In fact, ignore the game. There are new gamers, you know. For someone who never played the original, it might as well be a brand new game.

For those of us who it's not new for, why would you want the game to be rated against the original? That's kind of silly when you think about it.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Courtesy of Tom McShea

Gun and Heatseeker? Are you kidding me? Did you have to go that far back to find an example? Geez. Stop just stop.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: Um Tomb Raider DE looks pretty amazing.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Does that mean the Xbox one version gets a 7-7.5 because of crappy frame-rates? Performance counts and when one version has crappy FPS with half of the other there should be 2 scores.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

This is GS! This is where they under score games while everywhere else scores them higher. The Last of Us on GS an 8. The Last of Us everywhere else 9.5-10.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

Sounds like a fun game. Will be buying it digitally for the Xbox One. The game probably has low trade-in value anyway.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#30 biggest_loser  Online
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Another review that ignores the biggest talking point: the damn price.

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

So since the PS4 version is clearly superior it gets no mention of it? Do you guys remember every single multiplat that was better on 360 GS mentioned in their review. So wtf? Not wanting any negative one publicity?

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

TR DE is actually really nice. I pay $60 for it but I'm not telling people to run out and get it. The whole island do come alive with PS4 and the lighting is really really nice too compare to 360 and PS3

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Well, the leap from Gen 7 to Gen 8 isn't all that big. Any gen 7 game won't be impressive on the new console, not even the SD stuff from the Wii. Also theres no reason any Next Gen games couldn't have been on the previous consoles instead.

Will things be better Next Year ? I doubt it. ! Its TV and Share Buttons forever !

what are you talking every game which is on ps4 or xbox one couldn't be put onto a 360 or a ps3 lol where do you get your information from lol games are in 1080p most of the time, and 60fps games on ps3 and 360 were on average at 720p and at 30fps or lower, it also only had 256mb of ram to mess about with these machines have at least 3-4gb of ram for games alone, you talk utter bollocks

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lulu_Lulu

@ bezza2011

You proved my point. Its just graphics, and mind you if you scale that back, you can, infact, have every next gen game on previous consoles. If they can do it with Crysis then I assure you, doing the same for Killzone and Forza will be a breeze.

And I wouldn't be surprized if Gen 9 was the same. Same ass controller and massive power in harder for minor graphical differences, don't get me wrong they might get VR and all that stuff, for watching TV, not for gaming. Thats your future.

Also if Power is all that important to you, why not get a PC ?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lulu_Lulu

@ AM-Gamer.

Its even better on PC.

Played on my Brother's Xbox 360 too, Graphics is only a concern for the 60 seconds, after that its just an after thought. And its the Exact same thing with MineCraft, and President Evil 4 and any other game.

The only time graphics concerned was when I played Heavy Rain. Its literally got nothing else so graphics is a must.