TOXIKK Debut Trailer: "Frag Like It's 1999"

• 68 results
#51 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1336 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@scatteh316 said:

@Cranler said:

You don't have to say it. There's only one reason why gamers of the 90's wouldn't have played arena fps and that would be if there were more noob friendly shooters like CoD around at the time.

Quit putting words into peoples mouths, jackass....

So you agree with robotrip that kids of the 90's had more skill and patience? When did I put words into other mouths?

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@scatteh316 said:

@Cranler said:

You don't have to say it. There's only one reason why gamers of the 90's wouldn't have played arena fps and that would be if there were more noob friendly shooters like CoD around at the time.

Thats like 99% of his posts though. Changing what someone said and then running with it into off-topic quote chains.

Lol, you did that to me numerous times. But that's not what I'm doing here. There's two possibilities, kids having more patience and skilll back then or the lack of game options. What other reason besides those two would there be for arena fps populairty back then?

Obviously lack of game options is much more plausible. Skill comes from playing so that part makes no sense and I doubt you have data to backup the patience claim.

Totally not derailing.

#52 Edited by Cranler (8652 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@scatteh316 said:

@Cranler said:

So you agree with robotrip that kids of the 90's had more skill and patience? When did I put words into other mouths?

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@scatteh316 said:

@Cranler said:

Thats like 99% of his posts though. Changing what someone said and then running with it into off-topic quote chains.

Lol, you did that to me numerous times. But that's not what I'm doing here. There's two possibilities, kids having more patience and skilll back then or the lack of game options. What other reason besides those two would there be for arena fps populairty back then?

Obviously lack of game options is much more plausible. Skill comes from playing so that part makes no sense and I doubt you have data to backup the patience claim.

Totally not derailing.

Actually the popularity of arena fps is very much on topic.

#53 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1336 posts) -

I know arena shooters aren't that popular atm.

As I stated before the mass derail, I hope these 3 new arena shooters (yes, obviously including Toxikk you dumbshit) gain a following for a new workable community.

#54 Edited by Cranler (8652 posts) -

As I stated before the mass derail, I hope these 3 new arena shooters (yes, obviously including Toxikk you dumbshit) gain a following for a new workable community.

Arena shooters haven't been popular for a decade now.

#55 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1336 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

As long as theres enough people for me to play with in these 3 new ones. Less kiddy easymode shooters the better.

#56 Posted by Liquid_ (2421 posts) -

very late. tc should feel ashamed of posting old stuff

yea he is the one who should feel ashamed..

#57 Edited by natsm (60 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

because kids these days like COD

#58 Edited by Cranler (8652 posts) -

@natsm said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

You hit the nail on the head!

#59 Posted by Cranler (8652 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

As long as theres enough people for me to play with in these 3 new ones. Less kiddy easymode shooters the better.

More players results in better pings and better skill matching if the game has it. Quakelive's highest ffa tier ranges from a little better than average to pro.

What arena shooters are you currently playing?

#60 Posted by natsm (60 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@natsm said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

You hit the nail on the head!

idk what you mean by that,did you mean i was right?

#61 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1243 posts) -

@Cranler: Dude, outside of Counter Strike, TF2 and BF, every other fps game as dropped in population. On consoles, only BF, Halo and COD, have survived.

TitanFall on both PC and Xbox have had large pop drops aswell. Same will happen to Destiny. Same with other genres.

Besides LOL and Dota2, all mobas have had drops after the hype left, liek SMITE. Despite still havign a good chunk of people playing.

WOW became, and still is,king. Every other mmorpg, after the hype left, lost more than 2/3 of their playerbase. Even GW2, whcih i love.

Why are you trying so desperatly to derail this. I don't believe myself that Toxikk or UT4 will become the new CS. But aslogn as they have a good enough population to play with, it's all good.

UT99 and 2K4 are still highly played today.

#62 Posted by blangenakker (2212 posts) -

If people want these arena shooters to last then they will need to advertise them and hope that the devs create gameplay that is simple yet difficult to master.

#63 Edited by uninspiredcup (7774 posts) -
@parkurtommo said:

Nitpicking aside, I'm not at all interested. A game made by 30+ year olds for 30+ year olds. And that's fine, but it's obviously not targeted towards "my" "demographic".

But 15 when enjoyed.

My chumling the nature of man has not changed in this short duration of time. The 15 year old shoot people demographic, is still the 15 year old shoot demographic.

Game can very much appeal to the young people of your ilk as it did for me in my younger, less intelligent years. No major biological evolution has taken place. Need millions of years. 15 too short.

#64 Posted by Cranler (8652 posts) -

@Cranler: Dude, outside of Counter Strike, TF2 and BF, every other fps game as dropped in population. On consoles, only BF, Halo and COD, have survived.

TitanFall on both PC and Xbox have had large pop drops aswell. Same will happen to Destiny. Same with other genres.

Besides LOL and Dota2, all mobas have had drops after the hype left, liek SMITE. Despite still havign a good chunk of people playing.

WOW became, and still is,king. Every other mmorpg, after the hype left, lost more than 2/3 of their playerbase. Even GW2, whcih i love.

Why are you trying so desperatly to derail this. I don't believe myself that Toxikk or UT4 will become the new CS. But aslogn as they have a good enough population to play with, it's all good.

UT99 and 2K4 are still highly played today.

Of course games drop in population but some drop more than others and some never had much of a population at all. As we speak COD 4 has 12k players and UT 3 has 73 players. Both games were release in fall of 2007.

How is bringing up popularity of said game type derailing?

2k4 has about 100 people playing right now. Only 1 US Onslaught server has players but it's 4 players with a bunch of bots. Onslaught is the most popular gametype.

Quakelive is so unpopular they have to condense the tiers. I suck at fps yet Fatal1ty is in my same ffa tier.

#65 Posted by Cranler (8652 posts) -

If people want these arena shooters to last then they will need to advertise them and hope that the devs create gameplay that is simple yet difficult to master.

Arena shooters are simple to pick up and play, it's when the noob is facing a master that the problems begin. You need a large playerbase for a proper skill system to work.

#66 Edited by PimpHand_Gamer (260 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Kids can't stand crazy skill, uber-fast paced shooters these days. They don't have the skills and are frustrated too fast.

That being said, I hope all these upcoming twitch shooters are good enough to bring back a workable community.

Prove that pc gamers of the arena fps era would have played still played arena shooters if CoD and BF existed then.

I say the only reason arena fps were ever popular is because those games weren't out yet.

As one of those teenagers from the 90's, I can agree to that. I would have loved BF series back then and probably would have dropped Quake for something like that then. Hell I don't even see how BF type games isn't "skilled" as if twitchers are moreso? Just like the old twitch shooters, you get better with practice. And even up into the late 90's, not everyone had decent broadband speeds either or got low pings..that's mostly what it was about. How fast you are didn't mean shit if you didn't have the pings or even a decent internet speed back then. But the reality is twitch shooters got boring and that's why everyone gradually stopped playing. Kills in BF felt more gratifying to me than UT or Quake.

This thread reminds me of the elitists that think games like Quake 2 or Hexen was the pinnacle of all gaming. yeaahh, nothing like a map full of box shaped rooms filled with dumb A.I. stacked and arranged in such a way that in reality would crumple down onto itself.

#67 Posted by highking_kallor (512 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Kids can't stand crazy skill, uber-fast paced shooters these days. They don't have the skills and are frustrated too fast.

That being said, I hope all these upcoming twitch shooters are good enough to bring back a workable community.

lol id love to play you in unreal 2k4 or something

At least you acknowledge the fact that console games are inferior skill wise.

It takes a real man to admit defeat.

What about girls that run away like yourself when confronted?

#68 Posted by highking_kallor (512 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

This is where the derailing began.

It's not a derailing, as I was sure to discuss the game this thread is about in the closing part of the post, genius.

Stop fucking trolling.

Get a new line you wuss. FYI the internet ifs full of assholes. Deal with it.

#69 Posted by lostrib (34152 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

It's not a derailing, as I was sure to discuss the game this thread is about in the closing part of the post, genius.

Stop fucking trolling.

You are a prime example of one

#70 Edited by highking_kallor (512 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@highking_kallor said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Stop fucking trolling.

You are a prime example of one

Thanks.The best thing is that I don't even try.

I love how I leave open the cheap shots and you take them every time :)