TOXIKK Debut Trailer: "Frag Like It's 1999"

• 68 results
#1 Posted by melonfarmerz (1199 posts) -

New trailer for the PC exclusive FPS Toxikk. An arena shooter designed for fans of old school arena shooters. Looks awesome. Best part of the trailer is when they fool you into thinking it's free to play.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (41428 posts) -

This was posted quite some time ago.

#3 Posted by melonfarmerz (1199 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

This was posted quite some time ago.

Was it actually? The trailer itself came out like 2 weeks ago. My bad.

Mods should feel free to lock it then.

#4 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5079 posts) -

yes mr frèedomfreak is correct. this has been posted before. i grant melon farmerz forgiveness+5.

but having said that, i'm looking forward to this. bought two copies of the game for $25USD, so the fiance and i are ready to go.

#5 Posted by Gamerno6666 (2028 posts) -

I NEED DIS.

#6 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1561 posts) -

HOLY FUCK...thank you GOD.

#7 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5503 posts) -

very late. tc should feel ashamed of posting old stuff

#8 Edited by Heil68 (45750 posts) -

Tough competition with me with UT being FTP too.

#9 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

Too bad most pc gamers hate arena shooters.

#10 Posted by blangenakker (2444 posts) -

Yes can't wait for this come out... eventually.

#11 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1561 posts) -

This, UT, Cliffy's new game...heck yeah.

#12 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (3370 posts) -

Old stuff. But cool. UT4 and this are lookign great.

#13 Posted by Daious (1692 posts) -

By new you mean about a month old?

But anyways, the game looks great. There are three amazing looking arena shooters coming out within one year. 2015 will be huge.

#14 Posted by PapaTrop (1643 posts) -

I have a feeling only the new Unreal Tournament has a chance of building up tons of support/players.

A few other arena shooters have come and gone. Tribes Ascend was the last one that had any real shot, and I don't even know if people play it anymore.

#15 Posted by melonfarmerz (1199 posts) -

@Cranler said:

waht

#16 Edited by parkurtommo (27376 posts) -

This is a terrible trailer. It's common knowledge that using negative phrases (NO reloading, NO cover, NO aiming down sights) will translate as a negative message to the viewers sub consciousness... Instead they should be saying "Skill based shooting" "Fluid movement" "Returning to the true Arena FPS experience" etc. etc.

Nitpicking aside, I'm not at all interested. A game made by 30+ year olds for 30+ year olds. And that's fine, but it's obviously not targeted towards "my" "demographic".

#17 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

@Cranler said:

waht

Quake Live has about 100 concurrent players. UT 3 and Quake 4 died in a matter of months.

#18 Posted by WallofTruth (1777 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@Cranler said:

waht

Quake Live has about 100 concurrent players. UT 3 and Quake 4 died in a matter of months.

Your source is a F2P browser game and two bad console centric arena shooters?

Oh...Cranler post...I get it.

#19 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1561 posts) -

lol quake4

#20 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5079 posts) -
@RoboCopISJesus said:

lol quake4

it can't get to 120 fps either. something to do with the game's tic rate.

#21 Posted by WallofTruth (1777 posts) -
@parkurtommo said:

This is a terrible trailer. It's common knowledge that using negative phrases (NO reloading, NO cover, NO aiming down sights) will translate as a negative message to the viewers sub consciousness... Instead they should be saying "Skill based shooting" "Fluid movement" "Returning to the true Arena FPS experience" etc. etc.

Nitpicking aside, I'm not at all interested. A game made by 30+ year olds for 30+ year olds. And that's fine, but it's obviously not targeted towards "my" "demographic".

I'm 20 and I'm highly interested in this game, so I don't get how it only targets 30+ year olds.

#22 Edited by PimpHand_Gamer (456 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@Cranler said:

waht

Let's not forget Nexus or whatever it was called and not sure whatever happened to Enemy Territory: Quake Wars or Crysis Wars. Tribes Ascendence didn't do too bad last I played, at least there were often enough players and likely cause it was free for the most part but true buying any twitch shooter nowadays is very risky. Nothing worse than seeing a list full high pings or just as bad if not worse, a list of 0 players or ones just full of bots.

Then of course from there you have to worry about how many players actually play the modes you enjoy the most and last but not least, how long will enough low ping servers be populated? Sucks to leave a game for a few months and come back to a dead one. Personally I really liked UT3 as far as map design and modes, especially that football like mode but no one else played. With bots is about as fun as playing a Monopoly board game by yourself.

#23 Edited by Bikouchu35 (7495 posts) -

Cost money... nm.

#24 Edited by nini200 (9947 posts) -

Can't wait. I will figure out how to mod wiimote and nunchuck pointer controls into this and it's gonna be on.

#25 Posted by parkurtommo (27376 posts) -

@walloftruth said:
@parkurtommo said:

I'm 20 and I'm highly interested in this game, so I don't get how it only targets 30+ year olds.

Well I didn't necessarily say that anyone under 30 (or way over) can't be interested. Just that it's clearly made for people who were teenagers in the 90s, as in that will be the most immediately interested demographic.

#26 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1561 posts) -

Kids can't stand crazy skill, uber-fast paced shooters these days. They don't have the skills and are frustrated too fast.

That being said, I hope all these upcoming twitch shooters are good enough to bring back a workable community.

#27 Posted by Ballroompirate (23279 posts) -

I'll wait for UT4

#28 Posted by m3dude1 (1483 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Kids can't stand crazy skill, uber-fast paced shooters these days. They don't have the skills and are frustrated too fast.

That being said, I hope all these upcoming twitch shooters are good enough to bring back a workable community.

lol id love to play you in unreal 2k4 or something

#29 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1561 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

lol id love to play you in unreal 2k4 or something

At least you acknowledge the fact that console games are inferior skill wise.

It takes a real man to admit defeat.

#30 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Prove that pc gamers of the arena fps era would have played still played arena shooters if CoD and BF existed then.

I say the only reason arena fps were ever popular is because those games weren't out yet.

#31 Edited by BldgIrsh (2789 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Prove that pc gamers of the arena fps era would have played still played arena shooters if CoD and BF existed then.

I say the only reason arena fps were ever popular is because those games weren't out yet.

Something something xbox 360 was weaker than the average PC was in 2005.

Now let the derailment begin.

#32 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1561 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

But I never made that statement....Why do you always do this.

#33 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

LOL! Even the ps4/xbone are more powerful than the average pc of today.

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

But I never made that statement....Why do you always do this.

It is what you said. You're saying that gamers of the late 90's played arena fps not because there were no other popular types of fps games to choose from but because they had more skill and didn't get frustrated. So prove it.

#34 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1561 posts) -

@Cranler said:You're saying that gamers of the late 90's played arena fps not because there were no other popular types of fps games to choose from but because they had more skill and didn't get frustrated. So prove it.

Quote me saying that and i'll wear any sig you want.

#35 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:You're saying that gamers of the late 90's played arena fps not because there were no other popular types of fps games to choose from but because they had more skill and didn't get frustrated. So prove it.

You don't have to say it. There's only one reason why gamers of the 90's wouldn't have played arena fps and that would be if there were more noob friendly shooters like CoD around at the time.

#36 Posted by sailor232 (4921 posts) -

That looked amazing.

#37 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9513 posts) -

Please do not be another Brink.

That is all I ask for, because that looks like a lot of fun.

#38 Posted by scatteh316 (4980 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

You don't have to say it. There's only one reason why gamers of the 90's wouldn't have played arena fps and that would be if there were more noob friendly shooters like CoD around at the time.

Quit putting words into peoples mouths, jackass....

#39 Posted by scatteh316 (4980 posts) -

This looks good... I still play UT Black Edition and there's always people playing....

#40 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1561 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Thats like 99% of his posts though. Changing what someone said and then running with it into off-topic quote chains.

#41 Posted by melonfarmerz (1199 posts) -

Has there ever been a thread Cranler hasn't derailed?

#42 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

So you agree with robotrip that kids of the 90's had more skill and patience? When did I put words into other mouths?

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@scatteh316 said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Thats like 99% of his posts though. Changing what someone said and then running with it into off-topic quote chains.

Lol, you did that to me numerous times. But that's not what I'm doing here. There's two possibilities, kids having more patience and skilll back then or the lack of game options. What other reason besides those two would there be for arena fps populairty back then?

Obviously lack of game options is much more plausible. Skill comes from playing so that part makes no sense and I doubt you have data to backup the patience claim.

#43 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

Show me where I derailed the thread.

#44 Edited by BldgIrsh (2789 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@bldgirsh said:

LOL! Even the ps4/xbone are more powerful than the average pc of today.

#45 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1561 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Show me where I derailed the thread.

(The Irony: The post right above this you are literally derailing the thread with a huge double quoted post-chain rofl)

#47 Posted by Sollet (7413 posts) -

@Cranler said:

wtf you on about?

#48 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

This is where the derailing began.

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@Cranler said:

waht

Your source is a F2P browser game and two bad console centric arena shooters?

Oh...Cranler post...I get it.

Why doesn't Quake Live count?

How were Quake 4 and UT 3 console centric? UT 3 gameplay is almost identical to UT 99. Quake 4 was Quake 3 with a more weighty feel.

If you want to talk about console centric shooters on the pc then that would be the last 4-5 CoD's minus Black Ops. They all had matchmaking instead of the traditional dedi servers yet they were still much bigger successes than any arena fps in the last 10 years.

Do you have data that shows any recent arena fps being a success?

#49 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1561 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

It's not a derailing, as I was sure to discuss the game this thread is about in the closing part of the post, genius.

Stop fucking trolling.

#50 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

It's not a derailing, as I was sure to discuss the game this thread is about in the closing part of the post, genius.

Stop fucking trolling.

Nice try. Still waiting on your patience data?