Toukiden is the most under-appreciated game out there

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

This PS Vita game is a Mon-Hun type game without the clunky combat. Where Capcom Mon-Hun combat is terrible, the combat in Toukiden is really really good.

The combat mechanic is based on Ninja Gaiden engine with a lot of combo and aerial attacks. So the combat is very weighty and yet very fluid. Each weapon also has many movesets.

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Toukiden:_The_Age_of_Demons/Weapon_Movesets

The enemies are difficult if you fight them alone, they're still challenging with 4 co-op players.

This game should get more recognition

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

Never reallu got into Monster Hunster, but if bears some similarities to Ninja Gaiden, I will definitely give it a try!

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts

I would buy Toukiden, but I played through a good chunk of it and it has "Tecmo Koei Syndrome."

Being: Great gameplay, but lack of content overall -> Tecmo files trademark for enhanced version -> Enhanced version 10 x better than the original

I already played through a good chunk and without incentive to play all the tedious missions it got boring, so I'll wait for the enhanced version -_-

The art, design, and music of the game is great though. Still debating if that alone is worth keeping my copy.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

VITAlol

anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

Eh I dunno, I played the demo and it felt like Monster hunter except combat was just button bash your way to victory...i kinda like games that are a bit more challenging than that xD.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

The most under-appreciate game here?

A clone?

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

Gotta admit that I don't even know what Toukiden is, lol. But for me the most under-appreciated game I can think of is Lost Odyssey. I would put it in my top 5 of all games I've played in the X360/PS3 gen. Every time I look at the metacritic score it makes me shake my head. Game is a 95% at the very least imo. It's a damned shame that Microsoft never asked them for a sequel.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

@anab0lic said:

Eh I dunno, I played the demo and it felt like Monster hunter except combat was just button bash your way to victory...i kinda like games that are a bit more challenging than that xD.

in the demo, did u get to the boss fights? the boss fight takes forever if you fight it one on one, only with other players where it becomes manage-able. plus you can't button mash bosses