Total War: Attila Diplomacy & Politics Features Spotlight

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Creative Assembly States :

In this video, we'll give you a deeper insight into the new features coming to diplomacy and politics in Total War: ATTILA.

With its all-new family tree and politics system, ATTILA brings real character to your generals and statesmen, and weaves them more tightly into the narrative of your campaign. Likewise, Diplomacy has seen some fundamental improvements functionality above and beyond previous titles.

Total War: ATTILA launches on February 17th 2015. For more information, please visit http://www.totalwar.com/

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

People are shit talking this.

Being a hardcore Total War fan (who is the best in multiplayer) I am perfectly aware of the massive, grand canyon sized improvement Napoleon was over Empire.

Shallow young people are uneducated critics claimed "oh it's looks the same!".

These people are the reason ISIS wants us dead.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

Not feeling it with this game I'll probably just get this on sale and wait for their next total war game that isn't a spin off of another. A least this time to make the political system makes sense that should have been in rome 2.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cloud_imperium

@CroidX said:

Not feeling it with this game I'll probably just get this on sale and wait for their next total war game that isn't a spin off of another. A least this time to make the political system makes sense that should have been in rome 2.

This game indeed feels like what Rome 2 should've been .

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@CroidX said:

it is so disgusting to have paid so much for Rome II just to see all the mistakes corrected in a game I'm way too pissed to buy now.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#6 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

Why is the TW franchise reminding me more and more of Football Manager.........smh...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#7 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

@sherman-tank1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@CroidX said:

it is so disgusting to have paid so much for Rome II just to see all the mistakes corrected in a game I'm way too pissed to buy now.

Not to make excuses; but you have to take into account the scale of the game and all the shit going on. At least CA with every iteration is actually changing things up and trying new shit.

If it was exactly the same stuff over and over; that would be much worse. While sometimes they will end up with shit like Rome II, they can also end up with gold like Shogun 2 and FOTS.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cloud_imperium

@uninspiredcup said:

@sherman-tank1 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@CroidX said:

Not to make excuses; but you have to take into account the scale of the game and all the shit going on. At least CA with every iteration is actually changing things up and trying new shit.

If it was exactly the same stuff over and over; that would be much worse. While sometimes they will end up with shit like Rome II, they can also end up with gold like Shogun 2 and FOTS.

In my opinion, Shogun 2 is masterpiece and Fall of the Semurai is even better. Rome 2 was huge let down though . I understand people's concerns about the CA game on launch but overall they are great developers owned by a big publisher.

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

I hope it delivers.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

I'm surprised people still buy Total War games at launch and complain about it.

Surely you people have learned how to buy CA games by now.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

when i can get it for like 10 bucks i will buy it. I will never buy another total war game brand new again they are always buggy and unfinished.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Ah good

Total War is here to kick off more broken games early next year.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Wow that looks like a massive improvement. They really took the feedback from Rome 2 to heart.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

The Huns are the exception.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

That was actually really awesome. Didn't have much interest in Attila after the mess that was Rome II but now I'm reconsidering.