Top 5 things which caused Butt Hurt in 2014...

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

The PC obviously :P

For or against it,It always seems to cause the most butthurt on these boards

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

This is why I love this place. It doesn't take more than 5 posts in a thread before people start insulting each other. Everyone always MAD Ya'll!

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Halo flop collection should cover all 5

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 647 Posts

uncharted 4 graphics still couldnt top crysis 3 let alone SC cow cried.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#105 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I think Tomb Raaider was the biggest one, please add it TC.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Was No Man's Sky announced last year as not coming to Xbone or this year?

Nintendo creating the most hype at E3 should also be on that list... and flops. The rest can be filled up with resolutions and frame rates.

(Also let's wait for the announcement of the GOTY, that's gonna create butthurt no matter what's chosen)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

PS4 gen 8s current console leader.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#108 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I'm going to list 3 instead of 5.

1. The Wii U's dominance in exclusives

2. The MCC flop

3. The PS4's hardware/visual advantage over the Xbone. Lemmings have been straight up embarrassing themselves on this issue.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#109 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

1. Wii U leading in the exclusive front

2. The stupidity that is GamerGate

3. PS4's sales

4. Bayonetta (although it started in 2012) and Tomb Raider exclusivity (one could add Street Fighter too it, but I don't think the reaction was as bad as Bayonetta and TR's). Adding the former getting a 10

5. Crap, I ran out.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#110 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

@TheEroica: I apoligise good Sir.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

Next-gen Tomb Raider exclusively to the Xbox One, HELL YEAH

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Whelp, seems to me I have never seen the likes of BH over the announcement of RotTR being exclusive to X1, didn't people organize, put out nasty utube facebook stuff and even some involved got death threats, yikes. :P

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Telekill said:

The one thing I can honestly say that has pissed me off the most is the Tomb Raider deal. I've been playing that multiplatform series on PlayStation since it came out in 1996. Now thanks to Square accepting Microsoft's deal, Tomb Raider may as well be dead to me.

Tomb Raider is coming all platforms though.........

And you must be boycotting Street Fighter V as well.

You don't know that. There is just a timed exclusive deal with the XBox. It could come to XBox and PC and not PS4.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Telekill said:

The one thing I can honestly say that has pissed me off the most is the Tomb Raider deal. I've been playing that multiplatform series on PlayStation since it came out in 1996. Now thanks to Square accepting Microsoft's deal, Tomb Raider may as well be dead to me.

Tomb Raider is coming all platforms though.........

And you must be boycotting Street Fighter V as well.

You don't know that. There is just a timed exclusive deal with the XBox. It could come to XBox and PC and not PS4.

Well long as it's multi platform from the get go it doesn't really matter.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

If TR wasn't going on PlayStation they'd be shouting about it from the rooftops like they did with Titanfall.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#116 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Anita Sarkeesian and Zoey Quinn

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By nintendoboy16

@Telekill said:

So do you think Final Fantasy fans should've acted the way you did over TR when that series went to PlayStation over Nintendo? Last I checked, they more than willingly put up with it.

(inb4 "but N64 cartridges forced Square away", maybe so, but it didn't change the fact that 1) Sony paid for Final Fantasy and 2) the series jumped ship)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Telekill said:

So do you think Final Fantasy fans should've acted the way you did over TR when that series went to PlayStation over Nintendo? Last I checked, they more than willingly put up with it.

(inb4 "but N64 cartridges forced Square away", maybe so, but it didn't change the fact that 1) Sony paid for Final Fantasy and 2) the series jumped ship)

The series jumped ship because of the format. Cartridges didn't hold much.....CDs do. FF7 was a massive game. Also cartridges cost a lot of money.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#119 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Hatred trailer and the backlash.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Next-gen Tomb Raider exclusively to the Xbox One, HELL YEAH

It's not exclusive....timed exclusive.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

No ResolutionGate? That was monstrous amounts of butthurt. Continues to this day, even.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By nintendoboy16

@LJS9502_basic said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Telekill said:

The series jumped ship because of the format. Cartridges didn't hold much.....CDs do. FF7 was a massive game. Also cartridges cost a lot of money.

That's what I said, hence "forced them away". I brought up Final Fantasy to a PlayStation fan because that console had a ton of "jumpships" especially from Nintendo (and in some cases, SEGA) and Final Fantasy is the de facto example. It doesn't matter if it's a bottleneck, money involved from the competition, or both.

I understand being frustrated that a game isn't going to be on your system of choice (I did it when I found out that Soul Calibur III wasn't going to be on the GameCube, nevermind SC II's GameCube version doing REALLY well in sales). But if you want to play a game on another console that badly: Put up, or shut up! (that's what my sheep bretherin and I have to do when getting games not on Nintendo consoles anyway)

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Let's take a look at the 1997 release of FF7 for PS1 and the time frame for technology.

1. Game forums such as this didn't exist yet. If you wanted to publicly rage, you had to write into a magazine and maybe if you were extremely lucky, they would print your rant. You had to wait at least a month for any possible replies.

2. The FF series was only 10 years old on Nintendo and the PS1/N64 era marked the first generation gaming started transitioning to true 3D. More space was needed and the game was already multiple CD's on PS1. In contrast, Tomb Raider will have been multiplatform nearly double that time and both systems are more than capable of handling anything the developer can throw their way.

3. I think what pisses me off more is all the secrecy surrounding the deal as far as details go. You have a massive fanbase spanning three system camps and you're not telling them what's going on with one of their favorite series. If they were to be forthcoming with info, it would have looked better. The transition from Nintendo to PlayStation with FF7 was pretty straight forward from what I remember.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 LJS9502_basic

@nintendoboy16 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

That's what I said, hence "forced them away". I brought up Final Fantasy to a PlayStation fan because that console had a ton of "jumpships" especially from Nintendo (and in some cases, SEGA) and Final Fantasy is the de facto example. It doesn't matter if it's a bottleneck, money involved from the competition, or both.

I understand being frustrated that a game isn't going to be on your system of choice (I did it when I found out that Soul Calibur III wasn't going to be on the GameCube, nevermind SC II's GameCube version doing REALLY well in sales). But if you want to play a game that badly: Put up, or shut up! (that's what my sheep bretherin and I have to do when getting games not on Nintendo consoles anyway)

The situations are a bit different. Had Nintendo gone with the cd format....FF would have stayed the course. At least for awhile. Depending on sales...they might have gone multi plat but I don't see them abandoning Nintendo. At the time the series still sold consoles as well.

Now TR is a multi plat game....and the last sold better AFAIK on Sony. It was announced for Sony as well....so I can see why fans might get pissed at SE. The reason it changed IS money. That doesn't sit well with fans that are invested in the series. Honestly I can't figure out what SE is accomplishing here. TR isn't a console seller. It's best days are behind it but it does have a dedicated fan base. MS must have thrown a ton of money their way for this.....and even if it ends up on everything else....the luster is generally gone after the initial release so it won't be a big deal...and that's best case scenario. I can see it being MS paying the marketing in return for getting it for a specific time frame...but again....good will is an intangible that does generate money and is hard to win back.

I think the problem with Nintendo and multi plats is they don't generate enough sales for the companies involved in general...too bad Nintendo and SEGA didn't team up. That would have been awesome.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#125 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

The rarity of certain Amiibos and the chaos of trying to procure them before they sell out.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 nintendoboy16

@Telekill said:

@nintendoboy16: Let's take a look at the 1997 release of FF7 for PS1 and the time frame for technology.

1. Game forums such as this didn't exist yet. If you wanted to publicly rage, you had to write into a magazine and maybe if you were extremely lucky, they would print your rant. You had to wait at least a month for any possible replies.

2. The FF series was only 10 years old on Nintendo and the PS1/N64 era marked the first generation gaming started transitioning to true 3D. More space was needed and the game was already multiple CD's on PS1. In contrast, Tomb Raider will have been multiplatform nearly double that time and both systems are more than capable of handling anything the developer can throw their way.

3. I think what pisses me off more is all the secrecy surrounding the deal as far as details go. You have a massive fanbase spanning three system camps and you're not telling them what's going on with one of their favorite series. If they were to be forthcoming with info, it would have looked better. The transition from Nintendo to PlayStation with FF7 was pretty straight forward from what I remember.

Does that all matter? No, it doesn't. No matter how it goes (again, bottlenecks from the original system and/or money from the competition, it matters not), this shit happens and it's ironic when PlayStation fans are/we're willing to put up with it when it heads a direction they prefer, but yet when it happens to go to another system, the polar opposite happens.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@nintendoboy16: How old were you when that happened? Judging from your reaction to it, I'd say you did act as I did with Tomb Raider. So you answered your original question.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 nintendoboy16

@LJS9502_basic said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I understand being frustrated that a game isn't going to be on your system of choice (I did it when I found out that Soul Calibur III wasn't going to be on the GameCube, nevermind SC II's GameCube version doing REALLY well in sales). But if you want to play a game that badly: Put up, or shut up! (that's what my sheep bretherin and I have to do when getting games not on Nintendo consoles anyway)

The situations are a bit different. Had Nintendo gone with the cd format....FF would have stayed the course. At least for awhile. Depending on sales...they might have gone multi plat but I don't see them abandoning Nintendo. At the time the series still sold consoles as well.

Now TR is a multi plat game....and the last sold better AFAIK on Sony. It was announced for Sony as well....so I can see why fans might get pissed at SE. The reason it changed IS money. That doesn't sit well with fans that are invested in the series. Honestly I can't figure out what SE is accomplishing here. TR isn't a console seller. It's best days are behind it but it does have a dedicated fan base. MS must have thrown a ton of money their way for this.....and even if it ends up on everything else....the luster is generally gone after the initial release so it won't be a big deal...and that's best case scenario. I can see it being MS paying the marketing in return for getting it for a specific time frame...but again....good will is an intangible that does generate money and is hard to win back.

I think the problem with Nintendo and multi plats is they don't generate enough sales for the companies involved in general...too bad Nintendo and SEGA didn't team up. That would have been awesome.

Doesn't stray from my main point as it's hypocritical all the same. If you're willing to play a game on another console (or wait for a belated port), then deal with it. These companies are still doing it and there's no sign of stopping, no matter how "good" or "evil" their reasons are.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By nintendoboy16

@Telekill said:

@nintendoboy16: How old were you when that happened? Judging from your reaction to it, I'd say you did act as I did with Tomb Raider. So you answered your original question.

When what happened?

When Final Fantasy VII was announced for PlayStation? Didn't really pay attention to other consoles at the time as I was a young kid playing his SNES. Hell, I didn't even know Final Fantasy existed until a neighbor had a PSOne with FFVII. Just looking back at all the praise it got and how much it sold pretty much implied that there was little to no protest to the series jumping ship.

When Soul Calibur III was announced? I was in Jr. High at the time and it was around that time frame my siblings and I got our GameCube with Metroid Prime (bundled) AND Soul Calibur II as our first game. I first read the announcement in an issue of Game Informer and while it didn't sit well with me at all I never went as far as to say the Soul series was "dead to me." In fact, I had a chance at buying the game when I got my own PlayStation 2, but instead, I ended up buying James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing and Gauntlet: Dark Legacy from a store called FYE (the latter was the first PlayStation 2 game I ever played, so I had to have that one in my collection), with The Hobbit and Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy the following day from a pawn shop. From the criticisms I understand of Soul Calibur III, it seemed like XBOX and GameCube fans weren't missing much and I made the better choice (I'll still add it to my collection someday).

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#130 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I'd put Xbox One outperforming PS4 on AC Unity at the top of that list, it's been the invisible crux of the anti-Ubisoft sentiment.

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#131 elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts

@Dibdibdobdobo: nex-gen consoles being weak 30fps 900p crap.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#132 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

On this forum? On the internet? IRL? Either way, I don't know nor care.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Ps4 flopping in games so hard that the cows have to hide behind sales.

MarkAndExecute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 MarkAndExecute
Member since 2012 • 450 Posts

@sailor232 said:

Funny reminds me of the Wii, except unlike that casual toybox, PS4 is a console designed for real gamers.

MarkAndExecute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 MarkAndExecute
Member since 2012 • 450 Posts

One of the most beautiful videos I've ever seen

The only good Wii U is a broken one

WeddingRing40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By WeddingRing40
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Definitely going with the butthurt of pc beggars.

On top of breaking the 40,000 sig mark for a port of The Last of Us,

https://www.change.org/p/%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B1%D1%83%D0%B5%D0%BC-%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%83-the-last-of-us-%D0%B4%D0%BB%D1%8F-%D0%BF%D0%BA-port-the-last-of-us-on-pc

their rectums really bled when Bloodborne was announced PS4 exclusives.

https://www.change.org/p/from-software-release-bloodborne-for-the-personalized-computing-platform

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@MarkAndExecute said:

@sailor232 said:

Funny reminds me of the Wii, except unlike that casual toybox, PS4 is a console designed for real gamers.

It does remind me of the wii. Cows boasting about how many games they have even though 3/4 of the library is shovelware, a term thrown around all the time when the Wii was pumping other systems in sales.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

1. going on year 2 and the graphics gap between consoles and high end pcs is continuing to grow in consoles favor

2. driveclub

3. going on year 2 and the graphics gap between consoles and high end pcs is continuing to grow in consoles favor

4. pcars lol

5. going on year 2 and the graphics gap between consoles and high end pcs is continuing to grow in consoles favor

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

1. going on year 2 and the graphics gap between consoles and high end pcs is continuing to grow in consoles favor

2. driveclub

3. going on year 2 and the graphics gap between consoles and high end pcs is continuing to grow in consoles favor

4. pcars lol

5. going on year 2 and the graphics gap between consoles and high end pcs is continuing to grow in consoles favor

Resolution and frame rate are not included in your "gap" right? What about physics and AA?

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@m3dude1: Hahaha your biased fanboyism knows no bounds

It causes you to write nonsense and believe it.

Like I said earlier it is the PC that causes the most butthurt and its glorious to watch :p