Top 20 of PC exclusives this gen that no console game can replace

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by lostrib (41934 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Yes. Still not that great.

Anyways nothing can replace the abysmal launch. 

RO2 was a disappointment on every single level. It couldn't capture the intensity of RO1 at all. 

jhonMalcovich

Didnt it's already small community die pretty fast?

Well... its community never died in the first place. Secondly, its community increased after the mod kit was released and the steam workshop support added.

It´s a unque multiplayer shooter that mixes Battlefield (big maps, rush mode, 64 players) and Call of Duty (infantry-based combat) gameplays, furthermore it adds realistic weapon behaviour plus it takes into account body wounds.

The server to play in US is called Tactical Realism. It can be found through in-game server browser.

According to steam it has a peak of like 1000 players. And from the sound of it, it was pretty broken on launch

#302 Posted by jhonMalcovich (5131 posts) -

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

Didnt it's already small community die pretty fast?

lostrib

Well... its community never died in the first place. Secondly, its community increased after the mod kit was released and the steam workshop support added.

It´s a unque multiplayer shooter that mixes Battlefield (big maps, rush mode, 64 players) and Call of Duty (infantry-based combat) gameplays, furthermore it adds realistic weapon behaviour plus it takes into account body wounds.

The server to play in US is called Tactical Realism. It can be found through in-game server browser.

According to steam it has a peak of like 1000 players. And from the sound of it, it was pretty broken on launch

It´s a niche game. The launch issues were fixed long ago. RO2 community is one of the best. Everything is organized; a team leader is giving orders and manages artillery strikes. People actually talk communicate to each other with a built in team speak. There is a constant communication. 

There was a free weekend of RO2. Everyone should try it at least. The game is awesome.

#303 Posted by locopatho (20691 posts) -
Yup PC is king for sims, strategy and MMOs.
#304 Posted by lostrib (41934 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

jhonMalcovich

It´s a niche game. The launch issues were fixed long ago. RO2 community is one of the best. Everything is organized; a team leader is giving orders and manages artillery strikes. People actually talk communicate to each other with a built in team speak. There is a constant communication. 

There was a free weekend of RO2. Everyone should try it at least. The game is awesome.

1000 players or less seems pretty dead.  And its still not one of the best multiplayer FPS games of this gen

#305 Posted by tryagainlater (7445 posts) -

Good list. That said, the genres of most of those games is why I was never interested in PC gaming.

#306 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8541 posts) -

Good list. That said, the genres of most of those games is why I was never interested in PC gaming.

tryagainlater

I think the PC is the only system that you can actually say hosts a good assortment of games in every single genre.

I mean his list is a top 20, and you can see even many PC gamers disagree with it too. Meanwhile 18 games released on Steam in the last week.

20 games can in no way represent the PC no matter what the games are. There's just too many games out there.

#307 Posted by ohgeez (918 posts) -
I'm enjoying my gaming PC mainly due to the power of the platform, mods, and crazy cheap game deals. I'm definitely not enjoying it for the exclusives as the vast majority of games I own are multiplats, which isn't the case for most consoles I own. I have 3 exclusives installed right now, one of which is planetside 2. I personally think its pretty meh. The game has potential but just feels utterly pointless as is. I spend more time looking for a fun battle than having it.
#308 Posted by avshaman (86 posts) -

[QUOTE="avshaman"]

[QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

20. DCS A-10C Warthog

The best war plane sim this gen.

19. Death to Spies 1

One of the best infiltration game this gen.

18. Silent Hunter 4

The best and only simulator available where you can command your own submarine during WW2.

17. Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl

16. Planet Side 2

The biggest MP game to date.

15. Sins of Solar Empire

14. Galactic Civilizations 2

The best space strategy this gen.

13. The book of Unwritten Tales

The best adventure game this gen.

12. Path of Exile

A Diablo made right.

11. World at War

10. Civilization 5

The best turn-based strategy of all times.

9. Arma 3

The best multiplayer sim shooter that keep growing thanks to its awesome mod community.

8. Amnesia

The best horror game this gen.

7. Chivalry

The best desmemberment simulator this gen.

6. Red Orchestra 2

The best multiplayer shooter this gen.

5. Company of Heroes

A new school RTS of all times.

4. League of Legends / Dota 2

5M concurrent players for LOL. Dota 2 is growing exponentially too.

3. World of Warcraft

Still the best MMO to date.

2. Star Craft 2: Heart of the Swarm

An old school RTS of all times.

1. Total War series

A strategy franchise of all times. A perfect blend of turn-based Civilziation, RTS and Epicness = hundreds of hours of gameplay.

MBirdy88

I'm a PC gamer, but not for any of those games. I don't really care for strategy games, MMOs, and low budget indie games. I'd rather spend my limited gaming time on games with high quality gameplay AND narrative and graphics and atmosphere. This kind of experience is mostly found in console exclusives and big budget multiplatform games.

Oh right, so movie games gotcha. This trend of console gamers like casual blockbusters that don't make you think while playing is becoming more and more common. Yet these same people will mock "casuals" that play phone games ect as inferior. Well, in terms of system wars console gamers are the definition of casual. bar fighters there is barely any competitive complexity. Most of the games in his list have a HEAVY enphasis on specialized gameplay. most blockbusters have nothing of the sort.

BS. There is a big difference between phone games and the types of games I am talking about. Games like The Witcher 2, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Tomb Raider, Dishonored, Mirror's Edge, Uncharted, God of War, Demon's Souls, Halo, Far Cry 3...etc.

The games he listed have gameplay that fits into specific genres and I fully understand that some people really enjoy those games. I'm just saying that personally they don't have the full range of qualities that I look for in a game. If all I wanted was a brain workout I would simply play chess or something.

It's not that I don't want challenge or gameplay complexity in my games, it's just that I like for there to be a sense of atmosphere and place and character.

#309 Posted by avshaman (86 posts) -

I'm enjoying my gaming PC mainly due to the power of the platform, mods, and crazy cheap game deals. I'm definitely not enjoying it for the exclusives as the vast majority of games I own are multiplats, which isn't the case for most consoles I own. I have 3 exclusives installed right now, one of which is planetside 2. I personally think its pretty meh. The game has potential but just feels utterly pointless as is. I spend more time looking for a fun battle than having it.ohgeez

See, this is how I feel as well. I just don't think the PC has very many appealing exclusives.

If I had an unlimited amount of time in my life I am sure I would play and enjoy more of those games, but when time is limited I would rather spend my time on other games.

#310 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

For example ?

TheWalkingGhost

Dont bother, hipster GS Posters. Most of your list are the most popular. most played, most loved PC Games out there, alot of which are unique to the platform and pretty much most of those franchises are more played than every single console game franchise except CoD (and in some cases Halo). This forum likes to talk tough but its far from reality.

Translation, you are butthurt because somebody dares have an opinion different from yours? Got it. Other posters have already posted many titles not on there. Get over yourself buddy.

...You're the one who said that his opinions were bad in the first place.

#311 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5481 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"]Didn't know Arma 3 was outjhonMalcovich

A beta is....For $40........*snicker*

First of all, 40$ for an alpha version, not beta. Secondly, once you paid 40$, your version will be continously updated until becoming a fully released game. It´s for enthusiasts who can´t wait to play Arma 3, certainly not like you.

Congratulations on being a moronic troll. :roll: Thank you Mr. Grammar Nazi and making assumptions.
#312 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5481 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="jhonMalcovich"]

What other posters suggested were multiplats or exclusives that have equivalents on console side.  I would gladly include Witcher in the list, for example, but Witcher 2 is available for  xbox as well. Still you didn´t suggest anything.

clyde46
I put up Diablo and then you say I suggest nothing? Ok, I see what you are doing.

A lot of console players pre-order a game to get early access to a beta...

Ok....And what does that have to with anything?
#313 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5481 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Dont bother, hipster GS Posters. Most of your list are the most popular. most played, most loved PC Games out there, alot of which are unique to the platform and pretty much most of those franchises are more played than every single console game franchise except CoD (and in some cases Halo). This forum likes to talk tough but its far from reality.cain006

Translation, you are butthurt because somebody dares have an opinion different from yours? Got it. Other posters have already posted many titles not on there. Get over yourself buddy.

...You're the one who said that his opinions were bad in the first place.

:lol: Nice. I was taking a joking jab at him and stating in my opinion there are games on his list that sucked and some that are better. FYI, just because somebody has an opinion, doesn't mean you have to agree with it.
#314 Posted by ohgeez (918 posts) -

[QUOTE="ohgeez"]I'm enjoying my gaming PC mainly due to the power of the platform, mods, and crazy cheap game deals. I'm definitely not enjoying it for the exclusives as the vast majority of games I own are multiplats, which isn't the case for most consoles I own. I have 3 exclusives installed right now, one of which is planetside 2. I personally think its pretty meh. The game has potential but just feels utterly pointless as is. I spend more time looking for a fun battle than having it.avshaman

See, this is how I feel as well. I just don't think the PC has very many appealing exclusives.

If I had an unlimited amount of time in my life I am sure I would play and enjoy more of those games, but when time is limited I would rather spend my time on other games.

I was pretty surprised when I built my pc and went to look for all the amazing PC exclusives, only to find that they didn't exist unless I wanted to play indie games, strategy games, or MMOs.
#315 Posted by madsnakehhh (14933 posts) -

You forgot Recettear...yes, one of the best PC games i've played...and i'm dead serious.

#316 Posted by GioVela2010 (4298 posts) -
Lol what a horrible list PeeC Gaming :lol:
#317 Posted by Baron_B (1 posts) -

Civilization 5, the best strategy game of all time...? It's not even the best Civilization of all time. Strange list.

#318 Posted by Jankarcop (10435 posts) -

Lol what a horrible list PeeC Gaming :lol:GioVela2010

xbox360 = 30 exclusives AA+AAA

PC = 120 exclusives AA+AAA

:lol:

#319 Posted by Puckhog04 (22693 posts) -

Death to Spies 1 was fantastic. Other then that, not a huge fan of any of those games. Starcraft II was dissapointing IMO and ArmA I've never liked.

I do however love Amnesia. So, all in all, Death to Spies 1 and Amnesia. The rest I really just have no interest in; RTS and Sim junkies would love them though I suppose.

#320 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9467 posts) -

Surgeon Simulator

Street Sweeper 13

Garbage Disposal Virtual Reality

Stamp Collecting in HD

StarFighter MMO Kragen Edition

Croatian/Serbian Civil War Deluxe

Badminton Manager 13

Cricket League Simulator

Dungeons & Dragons Anniversary Edition

Sim City

#321 Posted by Davekeeh (4019 posts) -

My God Hermits is this the best you got? No wonder why consoles are so popular, PS3 exclusives beat the shit out of that list LOL

#322 Posted by MBirdy88 (8994 posts) -

:lol: MMO's

NathanDrakeSwag
Ah hypocritical little cows that kept adding agency to all their hype lists are trashing a genre that their pathetic consoles can't handle despite it being the most popular genre in gaming :lol: silly little toy controllers limit you to hack n slash n sports games and rigid shooters :lol:
#323 Posted by MonsieurX (31552 posts) -
necro thread
#324 Posted by SexyJazzCat (1448 posts) -
PC shines because of the multiplats, not the exclusives.
#325 Posted by Jankarcop (10435 posts) -

My God Hermits is this the best you got? No wonder why consoles are so popular, PS3 exclusives beat the shit out of that list LOL

Davekeeh

1. PC has more gamers than any single console.

2. PS3: 30 exclusives, PC 120 : This gen alone :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

#326 Posted by Jankarcop (10435 posts) -

PC shines because of the multiplats, not the exclusives.SexyJazzCat
More AAA and AA exclusives than any console.

LMAO you lose. GTFO SW.

mitt-romney-laughing.gif

#327 Posted by lundy86_4 (44152 posts) -

Davekeeh

You were unbanned? Shame.

Still, opinions, and all that.

PC shines because of the multiplats, not the exclusives.SexyJazzCat

That makes no sense, alt.

#328 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

wii u is surperior to pc gaming

#329 Posted by Jankarcop (10435 posts) -

Sweenix

PC gaming is factually #1, WiiU is factually last place and dying.

#330 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sweenix"]

Jankarcop

PC gaming is factually #1, WiiU is factually last place and dying.

nintendo land has better particles then every pc game combied, it also runs at 2000000p

#331 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2.
#332 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

1. PC has more gamers than any single console.

Jankarcop
Here's the problem with that statement: the 360 and PS3 are near-perfect substitutes for one another (differentiated only by exclusives and small differences in total cost of ownership). They have pretty neatly divided their market segment in half between themselves, whereas the Wii is targeted at a different market segment altogether. Likewise, the consoles really aren't a substitute good for the PC, nor is the PC a substitute good for either console. For the other side of the coin, look at the Mac. As a substitute good for a Windows-based PC, it's lumped in with the PC rather than dividing the market segment for purposes of discussion. When comparing console and PC gaming, please defend why it makes more sense to look at subsets of the market segment rather than comparing and contrasting the segment as a whole.
#333 Posted by jimmyrussle117 (850 posts) -

Davekeeh

Playing multiplats on a console. LOL

#334 Posted by AAllxxjjnn (19988 posts) -
Oh man, I forgot about Stalker. Neat game, but largely a glitchy mess. The only thing it did well was atmosphere. GSC gameworld sucked. It was the community that made the game good.
#335 Posted by Sali217 (1290 posts) -
Seems like the only games on that list that people know widely are the ones made by Blizzard *Shrug*
#336 Posted by Ballroompirate (23667 posts) -

TC's list sucks, and is void since it lacks

• Hotline Miami
  • DayZ mod
  • Arma 2
  • Natural Selection 2
  • Fallen Enchantress
  • FTL