Top 10 games of 2013 list by Kevin Van Ord

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kevin-vanord-s-top-10-games-for-2013/1100-6416700

List contains 4 PC exclusives,1 3DS exclusive,1 PS3 exclusive and 4 multiplats but no GTA V or TLoU.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Wow that list is pretty poor....

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

@Nanomage said:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kevin-vanord-s-top-10-games-for-2013/1100-6416700

List contains 4 PC exclusives,1 WiiU exclusive,1 PS3 exclusive and 4 multiplats but no GTA V or TLoU.

There are no Wii U exclusives in his list. :|

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

That's what I'm saying. His Top 5 games on the list are fine, but the bottom 5 are a mess. I definitely wouldn't have 4 PC games on my list, that's for sure.

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

@Zen_LightI think he meant 3DS.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

That´s a pretty good list and coming from GS senor editor may be pretty relevant for the overall awards.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nanomage

@Zen_Light said:

@Nanomage said:

List contains 4 PC exclusives,1 WiiU exclusive,1 PS3 exclusive and 4 multiplats but no GTA V or TLoU.

There are no Wii U exclusives in his list. :|

My bad,I meant 3DS lol.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nanomage

@Ballroompirate said:

Because you disagree with it? I think it´s a damn good list.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zen_Light

I actually agree with Kevin about TLoU and GTA V. There were plenty of games released this year that are better than those games.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@blackace said:

@Ballroompirate said:

That's what I'm saying. His Top 5 games on the list are fine, but the bottom 5 are a mess. I definitely wouldn't have 4 PC games on my list, that's for sure.

lol he owned you

blackace7 minutes ago

Why is Outlast, Gone Home & Splinter Cell on that list? Where is Bioshock and Super Mario 3D World? The 5 games on the top of his list makes sense. The bottom 5 doesn't. My Top 10 definitely has Bioshock, Super Mario 3D World & Ni No Kuni on the list. .

FlagShareLikeReplyKevin-V moderator5 minutes ago

@blackace That's a strange question: "Why is Outlast, Gone Home & Splinter Cell on that list? Where is Bioshock and Super Mario 3D World?"

This is my personal top 10 list of 2013, and these represent my favorite games. That's pretty self-explanatory, right?

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Uh-oh, his list is different. Must be a poor list then.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Where's Dead or Alive Xtreme 2?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By blackace

@mems_1224 said:

@blackace said:

@Ballroompirate said:

lol he owned you

blackace7 minutes ago

Why is Outlast, Gone Home & Splinter Cell on that list? Where is Bioshock and Super Mario 3D World? The 5 games on the top of his list makes sense. The bottom 5 doesn't. My Top 10 definitely has Bioshock, Super Mario 3D World & Ni No Kuni on the list. .

@blackace That's a strange question: "Why is Outlast, Gone Home & Splinter Cell on that list? Where is Bioshock and Super Mario 3D World?"

This is my personal top 10 list of 2013, and these represent my favorite games. That's pretty self-explanatory, right?

No one got owned as those aren't MY TOP 10 2013 games. lol!! Most gamers think his list sucks, so Kevin is the one getting owned. He has the right to his opinion, but he shouldn't get upset when lots of people disagree with it. lol!!

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mems_1224

@blackace said:

@mems_1224 said:

@blackace said:

@Ballroompirate said:

lol he owned you

blackace7 minutes ago

No one got owned as those aren't MY TOP 10 2013 games. lol!! Most gamers think is list sucks, so Kevin is the one getting owned. He has the right to his opinion, but he shouldn't get upset when lots of people disagree with it. lol!!

sounds like you're the one upset over his opinion.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Zen_Light

@blackace said:

No one got owned as those aren't MY TOP 10 2013 games. lol!! Most gamers think is list sucks, so Kevin is the one getting owned. He has the right to his opinion, but he shouldn't get upset when lots of people disagree with it. lol!!

lol!! lol!! lol!! lol!! lol!! lol!! lol!! lol!! lol!! lol!! lol!! lol!! lol!! lol!! lol!!

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nanomage

@blackace said:

@mems_1224 said:

@blackace said:

@Ballroompirate said:

lol he owned you

blackace7 minutes ago

Who are those lots of people disagreeing?I see most people in that article actually agreeing,the only negative poster there is you lol.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blackace

@mems_1224 said:

@blackace said:

@mems_1224 said:

@blackace said:

@Ballroompirate said:

lol he owned you

blackace7 minutes ago

sounds like you're the one upset over his opinion.

I'm not upset. I just didn't care for some of the games on his list. How is that being upset? Stop trying to make something out of nothing. lol!!

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PrincessGomez92

Sounds like blackace is upset. lol!

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Splinter Cell getting some props. This VanOrd is a good egg.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blackace

@Nanomage said:

@blackace said:

Who are those lots of people disagreeing?I see most people in that article actually agreeing,the only negative poster there is you lol.

Go back and read all the comments. Not everyone is agreeing with his list of games. Which isn't really surprising. No, I'm not the only one. I agreed with 1/2 the games he chose.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zen_Light

@princessgomez92 said:

lol!!

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#22  Edited By wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

eh, who cares who puts what in their top 10

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

All solid rated games I guess : /

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MrYaotubo

@blackace said:

@Nanomage said:

@blackace said:

Go back and read all the comments. Not everyone is agreeing with his list of games. Which isn't really surprising. No, I'm not the only one. I agreed with 1/2 the games he chose.

You´ll have a really big headache when you check out most of the editor´s lists that are already out,GTAV and TLoU are barely mentioned and the platform with most games selected by far is the PC,Path of Exile alone seems to be in almost every single list.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Neat list, I like that there will be some differences amongst the group.

The usual Last of Us-GTA 5-Bioshock Infinite lists would have been boring as ****.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By blackace

@princessgomez92 said:

LOL!! Joke of the day. Sounds like you care.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I need to play Black Flag.

Hell I've only played Blood Dragon and Gone Home out of all the games on that list

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MrYaotubo

@jg4xchamp said:

Neat list, I like that there will be some differences amongst the group.

The usual Last of Us-GTA 5-Bioshock Infinite lists would have been boring as ****.

Yeah,I think all the lists are already out and it seems GTAV/Bioshock/TLOU aren´t among the most chosen games,the ones on almost all the lists seem to be Path of Exile and Gone Home,with Dota 2 and The Stanley Parable making apearences on several lists as well.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Not a bad list at all

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Gone Home and Stanley Parable barely classify as games. They make Beyond Two Souls look like Devil May Cry.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MrYaotubo

@StrongBlackVine said:

Gone Home and Stanley Parable barely classify as games. They make Beyond Two Souls look like Devil May Cry.

And yet they´re mentioned on almost every single editor´s list and Beyond only on a couple lol. In fact,it seems that they´ve been mentioned more than GTAV and TLOU,not to mention Path of Exile wich seems to be in almost everyones list.

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PrincessGomez92

@blackace:

Care about what?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ballroompirate

@blackace said:

@mems_1224 said:

@blackace said:

@Ballroompirate said:

lol he owned you

blackace7 minutes ago

No one got owned as those aren't MY TOP 10 2013 games. lol!! Most gamers think his list sucks, so Kevin is the one getting owned. He has the right to his opinion, but he shouldn't get upset when lots of people disagree with it. lol!!

Kevins list had no

GTA V

TLOU

Shadow Warrior

State of Decay

Fire Emblem Awakening

Pokemon X/Y

Don't Starve

and that's just naming a few games that are better than Splinter Cell Blacklist,Outlast, NNK. I'm surprised he actually gave FC3 Blood Dragon and Metro Last Light in his top 10 since those games were pretty underrated.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@MrYaotubo said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

And yet they´re mentioned on almost every single editor´s list and Beyond only on a couple lol. In fact,it seems that they´ve been mentioned more than GTAV and TLOU,not to mention Path of Exile wich seems to be in almost everyones list.

Doesn't change fact that they are extremely short games with little to no gameplay other than walking around and looking at stuff. I guess it depends on how much you like the story. Van Ord is gay so Gone Home probably resonated with him.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MrYaotubo

@StrongBlackVine said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

I guess it depends on how much you like the story. Van Ord is gay so Gone Home probably resonated with him.

What about all the non gay people on the staff that nominated it? Because it seems to be in the majority of the lists,so what´s the excuse for the non gay editors?

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 StrongBlackVine

@MrYaotubo said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

I guess it depends on how much you like the story. Van Ord is gay so Gone Home probably resonated with him.

What about all the non gay people on the staff that nominated it? Because it seems to be in the majority of the lists,so what´s the excuse for the non gay editors?

There is prominent transgendered person on staff as well. Clearly the game touched on a subject that would be meaningful to Gamespot.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@Floppy_Jim said:

Splinter Cell getting some props. This VanOrd is a good egg.

What I was thinking.

There's some fine games on his list.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@blackace said:

@mems_1224 said:

@blackace said:

@Ballroompirate said:

lol he owned you

blackace7 minutes ago

Kevins list had no

GTA V

TLOU

Shadow Warrior

State of Decay

Fire Emblem Awakening

Pokemon X/Y

Don't Starve

and that's just naming a few games that are better than Splinter Cell Blacklist,Outlast, NNK. I'm surprised he actually gave FC3 Blood Dragon and Metro Last Light in his top 10 since those games were pretty underrated.

In your opinion, crazy how that shit works.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Gone home you say?

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MrYaotubo

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Gone home you say?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamespot-editors-top-10-lists/1100-6416468/

Have a look at the editors lists,Gone Home is in almost every single one of them.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@MrYaotubo said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Gone home you say?

Have a look at the editors lists,Gone Home is in almost every single one of them.

That's some objectively horrible taste.

Loading Video...

Dem 90's stationary struggles.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#42 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Glad I'm not the only person who thought Last Light was the best game this year (its his #1, he says as much in the text).

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@with_teeth26 said:

Glad I'm not the only person who thought Last Light was the best game this year (its his #1, he says as much in the text).

He must have really loved those virtual Titties.

That was so fucking awkward, rofl. In Russia Tits rub you.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blackace

@MrYaotubo said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Gone home you say?

Carolyn Petit's list is even worse then Kevin's. No wonder I don't rely on GS reviews for much of anything.

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PrincessGomez92

God, people whining about somebody's list. He has a different opinion from you, get the **** over it.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mems_1224

@Ballroompirate said:

@blackace said:

@mems_1224 said:

@blackace said:

@Ballroompirate said:

lol he owned you

blackace7 minutes ago

Kevins list had no

GTA V

TLOU

Shadow Warrior

State of Decay

Fire Emblem Awakening

Pokemon X/Y

Don't Starve

Splinter Cell was better than Pokemon, Dont Starve and State of Decay imo. I haven't played Shadow Warrior(I want to) but Im willing to bet its better than that too. If any game doesn't deserve to be on the list its Metro. Gone Home and Ni No Kuni.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mems_1224

@StrongBlackVine said:

Gone Home takes a giant massive dump over Beyond. Its short, its barely a game and its overrated but the writing is 1000x better than whatever garbage David Cage can throw at a wall.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@princessgomez92 said:

God, people whining about somebody's list. He has a different opinion from you, get the **** over it.

Why don't you get the **** over opinions of opinions?

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

Gone Home takes a giant massive dump over Beyond. Its short, its barely a game and its overrated but the writing is 1000x better than whatever garbage David Cage can throw at a wall.

I appreciated Gone home's reference's to female on female sexy time, I guess that makes it better than Beyond.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ballroompirate

@princessgomez92 said:

There's a difference between a good opinion and a bad opinion

deal with it