TOO HUMAN - Rumored Next Week Showing - New Details Inside!

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#51 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
* Massive story-line across 3 games, but each game is self-contained. Reminds people to remember that SK is known for their story telling and just because it hasn't been shown for TH, expect nothing less. Theme of the 1st game is "Discovery" - second game is "Revenge" - third is "Enlightenment.">ToScA-
that sounds very Kojima-esque :wink:
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts
[QUOTE="donalbane"]Sweet! Silicon Knights makes awesome games, even though they always get delayed. Eternal Darkness is still one of the best games I've ever played, and it got bumped a year.JiveT
People tend to overrate ETERNAL DARKNESS imo. The gameplay got pretty stale after a few "time zones" and it started to feel like a chore more than a cool experience. It started off strong then came to a screeching halt. I didn't bother finishing the game I got so bored with it. I really liked their legacy of kain stuff though.

Really? I loved that game. I've played it through 6 times. I love the Lovecraftian influences.
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
I've never seen that E3 demonstration, was it really that bad?
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
[QUOTE="Timstuff"] I really wish this wasn't going to be a trilogy. It's bad enough that SK is wasting this much time with ONE sucky game. They should cancel it IMO and get started on Eternal Darkness 2! :evil:

Do you even read the fanboy-babble that you post? :? 1. Just because they had a mediocre E3 showing doesn't mean the game will be mediocre, Halo is evidense of this, as was Eternal Darkness. I suppose I could attack your alliance by mentioning how mediocre Lair's E3 showing was, yet cows still hype it... 2. As far as Eternal Darkness 2... the original wasn't nearly as developed as Too Human. Silicon Knights have had this idea in their heads for over 8 years, and the trilogy is already fully developed (as far as story goes), down to the smallest detail. According the magnificently talented company (which, in hoping for an ED2, you appear to agree that they have talent), Too Human will be the game(s) which defines the developer. Try listening the podcast, and inform yourself rather then attacking with a blind eye. The only real problems the game suffered at E3 was the framerate and the camera, both of which have been heavily improved since then.
blurb1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 blurb1324
Member since 2004 • 4551 Posts
Personally, I can't WAIT for this game :D
Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Mudig
Member since 2007 • 1567 Posts
Too Human? Hahahahahah, more like Too Late!
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Is this bound for a 08 release? It looks to me like MS can take the luxury to release this on 08 because the xbox360 has such a strong library this year.
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
[QUOTE="donalbane"]Sweet! Silicon Knights makes awesome games, even though they always get delayed. Eternal Darkness is still one of the best games I've ever played, and it got bumped a year.JiveT
People tend to overrate ETERNAL DARKNESS imo. The gameplay got pretty stale after a few "time zones" and it started to feel like a chore more than a cool experience. It started off strong then came to a screeching halt. I didn't bother finishing the game I got so bored with it. I really liked their legacy of kain stuff though.

ED was probably one of my favorite's Survival Horror/Phsicological thriller game of the last gen generation, even tho it wasn't as scary as some other well known titles, yes I liked it more then RE4(runs aways ):P . Its interesting to hear the hole case going on with the ED rights, maybe Nintendo had to do more with that game then alot of people are willing to admit and it will be very interesting to see how this hole thing will turn out in the future, anyway SN have said it themselves working with Nintendo again some time in the future is always a possibility so who knowns.
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 project343
Too Human? Hahahahahah, more like Too Late!Mudig
:roll:
I've never seen that E3 demonstration, was it really that bad? Vyse_The_Daring
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=10931&type=mov&pl=game Most notable issues would include: - Poor framerate. - The camera was typically too far out. - Mediocre effects. - Clueless AI. Of course, all these issues have likely improved, drastically since that showing (nearly a year ago). Some argue that the graphical quality wasn't the greatest, but we know that has improved:   :wink:
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 project343
Is this bound for a 08 release? It looks to me like MS can take the luxury to release this on 08 because the xbox360 has such a strong library this year. themyth01
Short answer: that was nothing but a squashed rumor. Long answer: http://www.gamersreports.com/news/5221/too-human-delay-rumors-quashed/
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
Thanks project, that was pretty bad. :| Hopefully they've improved it as much as the dev suggested.
skixwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 skixwolf
Member since 2004 • 4013 Posts
Umm... Firstly, this will be an amazing game Secondly, anyone who thinks E3's showing is relative can go die! Lastly, I doubt that after Silicon Knights' head honcho blasted EGM, and the industry for showing games before they are finished, will show Too Human at any other stage than finished
iammason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 iammason
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts
I've always had faith in this, I know it will be an excellent game.
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 project343
[QUOTE="skixwolf"]Umm... Firstly, this will be an amazing game Secondly, anyone who thinks E3's showing is relative can go die! Lastly, I doubt that after Silicon Knights' head honcho blasted EGM, and the industry for showing games before they are finished, will show Too Human at any other stage than finished

In the podcast, he suggested that they were going to show Too Human once it was ready for public viewing.