too human, might not be too bad.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for yazmanian-devil
yazmanian-devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yazmanian-devil
Member since 2006 • 108 Posts

OK, let me just say that Silicon Knights are really good developers who madeEternal Darkness, one of the highest rated games on gamecube.TooHuman has also been getting consistently better in graphics andgameplay. Here are some of themost recentpreviews.... well, sorta' recent

IGN too human hands-on:

Flashbacks are just one cinematic tool that Silicon Knights is using in an attempt to better marry the story and game into one experience. The interactive cutscenes are all done using the game's engine, which allows for seamless transitions between story sequences and straight gameplay. And when we say seamless, we mean it. As long as we didn't push a button to skip a cutscene, we didn't see a single loading screen after the initial start up. None. Not even a "now loading" text prompt while the game pauses could be found. It all streams in from the background without any break in the action.

The cutscenes are worth watching, too. Using advances in animation and visual fidelity, Silicon Knights appear to have brought a subtlety not often found in games to the story of Too Human. The cutscenes we saw were filled with dialogue, but a second layer of intrigue could be found on the faces of those involved. We only played the game for an hour, but already could see how much easier it would be to relate to the minor characters who were fleshed out with shy, worried looks and furtive glances.

Gamespot hands-on:

At this point, we're considerably more excited for Too Human than we were prior to our trip to Canada, but there's still an awful lot that we don't know about the game. For example, will players of radically different levels feasibly be able to play through the campaign together? Will groups need a healer and a tank to stand a chance of succeeding against enemy bosses? We look forward to bringing you the answers to these questions and a whole lot more in the not-too-distant future.

Teamxbox Hands-on:

There's a fairly steep learning curve to Too Human, but those willing to give up the camera control reins will adapt to the control scheme in a few minutes. In its current state, Too Human could use a small amount of balancing and some framerate tweaks, but other than these few issues, SK's long-awaited 360 title is rock solid. The mixture of ****c melee and modern ranged weapons is exciting when concentrating on the third-person action aspect of Too Human. Regardless of if you are into Norse mythology or not, the tie-ins work here too, especially when peppered with the sci-fi punk aspects of Too Human's futuristic elements.

--- I have faith in this game, and I'm sure others do. Heck, If cows can believe in Killzone, I think I can believe in Too Human. Keep in mind, there has been games whose first showing didn't turn out to be well just like Too Human. Some of those games turned out to be really good at the end. Halo anyone?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
I believe!!!! Stupid name though. And for that matter, Infinite UNdiscovery? WTF? Sorry stupid names annoy me.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
When were these said?
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
i still have doubts, but i sincerely hope it will be great.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts
I am also really excited for Too Human, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high, just in case it doesn't live up to my expectations. My judgment on it will have to wait until it comes out, but I hope it is good.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

Really not looking forward to it at all.

Infinite Undiscovery and Ninja Gaiden 2 are the only games ill be picking up next year for the 360.

Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
I really agree. Silicon Knights deserve the benefit of the doubt.
supernoob662

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 supernoob662
Member since 2007 • 51 Posts
one big giant wall of text, but the title says it all, i think too human will be great, something good to play after i beat the near prefect game mass effect
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts
I hope it turns out good, SK has been through alot this year.
Duo75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Duo75
Member since 2005 • 283 Posts

I am also really excited for Too Human, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high, just in case it doesn't live up to my expectations. My judgment on it will have to wait until it comes out, but I hope it is good.thepwninator

What he said.

Corvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Corvin
Member since 2002 • 7266 Posts
I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I certainly have an eye out for this game. Sounds like a lot of potential co-op fun on XBL.
Deactivation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Deactivation
Member since 2007 • 1026 Posts
My most hyped game in 08. Possibly because of the fact I've been waiting for the past 7 years for it. :)
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
Until this game officially sucks, Im gonna stay on the Silicon Knights owns and Too Human is gonna be a sleeper hit bandwagon.....although it has been lonely on this band wagon for awhile now.
Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Taalon
Member since 2006 • 3424 Posts
Until this game officially sucks, Im gonna stay on the Silicon Knights owns and Too Human is gonna be a sleeper hit bandwagon.....although it has been lonely on this band wagon for awhile now.jg4xchamp

Thing is, there's not much hype for it. Nobody I know has ever heard of it, and there's major gamers.