Tomb Raider is not TIMED EXCLUSIVE

  • 66 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by j_assassin (908 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

xbox brand is not really known for eclusive game outside halo so getting an exclusive is always a big deal, timed or pc multiplat

#52 Posted by Stringerboy (7085 posts) -

You'd think they'd have purchased exclusivity for something like advanced warfare or destiny.

This is really bizarre decision as most of the fanbase is already on playstation.

#53 Posted by chocolate1325 (32539 posts) -

Let XBoxone owners have their moment we have Uncharted 4 and when it comes to choosing no doubt which console they shall buy.

#54 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5105 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

All I know is I get to play TR on my Xbox One while Playstation owners get delays, multiplats, indies and mad. Glorious.

So the same multiplats you do and better first party games because Sony actually puts effort into building up its studios, unlike MS' who have been quiet for the last year?

Justin desperate for crumbs as usual.

#55 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7417 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

All I know is I get to play TR on my Xbox One while Playstation owners get delays, multiplats, indies and mad. Glorious.

So the same multiplats you do and better first party games because Sony actually puts effort into building up its studios, unlike MS' who have been quiet for the last year?

Justin desperate for crumbs as usual.

SMH Gary. You are getting owned after all the great Xbox news yesterday. You might wanna go hide under that rock that you know all so well. Buddy.

#56 Posted by Gue1 (10192 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Good for Microsoft.... Bad for everybody else.

pretty much the definition of scum.

#57 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4492 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Good for Microsoft.... Bad for everybody else.

pretty much the definition of scum.

But I bet you guys would be euphoric if Sony did this and it would be one thread after the other about how good the game is, how awesome Sony are and how X1 is dead in the water.

#58 Posted by foxhound_fox (88691 posts) -

Considering the popularity of the rebooted TR franchise, this was a fairly decent move on MS's part, whether exclusive or not. Most AAA blockbuster games sell the majority units in the first few weeks (at their most profitable no less).

If next MS lands an "exclusive" deal with BioWare for the next Mass Effect game, there will be a lot of angry cows.

#59 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

@Gue1

Scum is far too good for what Microsoft is.... But I can't blame them, Microsoft is suppose to be doing things like this, they have an agenda to push and units to move and so using every dirty little trick to give themselves an edge is Good Business. True scum are people who celebrate and encourage these sorts of things. True Scum are Fanboys, AKA the back bone of this industry.

@HalcyonScarlet

Sony doesn't have to steal franchises, they have many creative studios under their banner.

But more importantly.... Why would I be happy that only me and other people with the same console as me will be the only ones getting a specific game ?

What kind of person do you take me for ? :(

#60 Posted by SecretPolice (22242 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

Considering the popularity of the rebooted TR franchise, this was a fairly decent move on MS's part, whether exclusive or not. Most AAA blockbuster games sell the majority units in the first few weeks (at their most profitable no less).

If next MS lands an "exclusive" deal with BioWare for the next Mass Effect game, there will be a lot of angry cows.

About 15 minutes ago I was thinking of making a thread asking something like, what if MS buys the rights to the new Mass Effect then I remembered I don't start threads these dayzz.

Would be the megaton to end all megatons and the internet would probably blow up. :P

#61 Edited by Boddicker (2791 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

Pretty much. Gave up on the Tomb Raider series after TR2 and that was on PS1 lol.

#62 Posted by dotWithShoes (4858 posts) -

@finalfantasy94 said:

If you been around long enough you know this bs song and dance. It will come to other system with some extra title added to it.

PlayStation owners sure do love their remakes.

#63 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5105 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

All I know is I get to play TR on my Xbox One while Playstation owners get delays, multiplats, indies and mad. Glorious.

So the same multiplats you do and better first party games because Sony actually puts effort into building up its studios, unlike MS' who have been quiet for the last year?

Justin desperate for crumbs as usual.

SMH Gary. You are getting owned after all the great Xbox news yesterday. You might wanna go hide under that rock that you know all so well. Buddy.

All the "great Xbox news" repeated from June, lmao.

Bad news, Justin, Tomb Raider confirmed timed exclusive. Lemrats ruined again.

#64 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5065 posts) -

Hmm who should I believe, phil spencer or some clown in the internet

"Xbox boss Phil Spencer has confirmed to Eurogamer that Microsoft's controversial exclusivity deal for Rise of the Tomb Raider "has a duration".

Mods lock this thread up

#65 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4492 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Gue1

Scum is far too good for what Microsoft is.... But I can't blame them, Microsoft is suppose to be doing things like this, they have an agenda to push and units to move and so using every dirty little trick to give themselves an edge is Good Business. True scum are people who celebrate and encourage these sorts of things. True Scum are Fanboys, AKA the back bone of this industry.

@HalcyonScarlet

Sony doesn't have to steal franchises, they have many creative studios under their banner.

But more importantly.... Why would I be happy that only me and other people with the same console as me will be the only ones getting a specific game ?

What kind of person do you take me for ? :(

You a Playstation fanboy? Because I meant them, only true fanboys would be happy.

Don't get it twisted, Sony will do whatever it takes as well. Also MS didn't steal, they paid, likely up the ass to do it.

I just want to put it out there though, I'm not actually happy, I don't care one way or the other. I only just started playing the first one today on steam, although I was pleasantly surprised. However the butt hurt is entertaining though.

I don't think the fanboys are the backbone of the industry, they are however loudest by nature. Just wait this will come to the PC at some point I'm sure of it.

#66 Posted by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

Really? Because I had 18 - eight-f*cking-teen - replies to my posts about it being exclusive saying that it was "timed" exclusive.

#67 Posted by charizard1605 (58150 posts) -

There is already a thread on Tomb Raider's Xbox exclusivity, you don't have to make a new thread every time we get a new bit of news, post any updates in there.