Tomb Raider is like Uncharted for adults

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by epicgameplayer (981 posts) -
Here is a big point Uncharted's cinematic moments revolve around actual gameplay, top notch gameplay at that... I.e train level and collapsing building levels in Uncharted 2. Shipyard level in Uncharted 3 etc Where as for instance, In Tomb Raider (which is nothing but an Uncharted clone) The idea of cinematic "gameplay" in Tomb Raider is pushing forward on the stick while Micheal Bay explosions go off every where around you! After playing Tomb Raider, it is much easier to appreciate how truly special Uncharted is, and how Uncharted is much more gameplay oriented in it's design, while still having better cinematic flare and moments etc Uncharted is much more gamey! Other cinematic games try to copy Uncharted, but they forget the GAME play focus that Uncharted has, and never are able to strike the perfect gameplay balance that Naughty Dog strikes with Uncharted, let alone, while never even coming close to the cinematics or gameplay scenarios of Uncharted to boot etc
#302 Posted by Snugenz (11839 posts) -

Here is a big point Uncharted's cinematic moments revolve around actual gameplay, top notch gameplay at that... I.e train level and collapsing building levels in Uncharted 2. Shipyard level in Uncharted 3 etc Where as for instance, In Tomb Raider (which is nothing but an Uncharted clone) The idea of cinematic "gameplay" in Tomb Raider is pushing forward on the stick while Micheal Bay explosions go off every where around you! After playing Tomb Raider, it is much easier to appreciate how truly special Uncharted is, and how Uncharted is much more gameplay oriented in it's design, while still having better cinematic flare and moments etc Uncharted is much more gamey! Other cinematic games try to copy Uncharted, but they forget the GAME play focus that Uncharted has, and never are able to strike the perfect gameplay balance that Naughty Dog strikes with Uncharted, let alone, while never even coming close to the cinematics or gameplay scenarios of Uncharted to boot etcepicgameplayer

The gameplay is much better in TR, i'm playing through UC3 atm (after having finished TR) and the gunplay is just horrific, now it could be because i'm not great with the PS3 pad and more used to KB/M but every combat section makes me want to turn off my PS3 and just put the game away its that bad.

Platforming, Uncharted has a very very slight edge over TR.

#303 Posted by epicgameplayer (981 posts) -

[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"]Here is a big point Uncharted's cinematic moments revolve around actual gameplay, top notch gameplay at that... I.e train level and collapsing building levels in Uncharted 2. Shipyard level in Uncharted 3 etc Where as for instance, In Tomb Raider (which is nothing but an Uncharted clone) The idea of cinematic "gameplay" in Tomb Raider is pushing forward on the stick while Micheal Bay explosions go off every where around you! After playing Tomb Raider, it is much easier to appreciate how truly special Uncharted is, and how Uncharted is much more gameplay oriented in it's design, while still having better cinematic flare and moments etc Uncharted is much more gamey! Other cinematic games try to copy Uncharted, but they forget the GAME play focus that Uncharted has, and never are able to strike the perfect gameplay balance that Naughty Dog strikes with Uncharted, let alone, while never even coming close to the cinematics or gameplay scenarios of Uncharted to boot etcSnugenz

The gameplay is much better in TR, i'm playing through UC3 atm (after having finished TR) and the gunplay is just horrific, now it could be because i'm not great with the PS3 pad and more used to KB/M but every combat section makes me want to turn off my PS3 and just put the game away its that bad.

Platforming, Uncharted has a very very slight edge over TR.

Uncharted's hand to hand to combat is wayyy better, and thats not an over statement! Hand to hand combat in Tomb Raider is basically a clunky and choppy QTE, and its very limited. Also, aiming with the guns in Tomb Raider is broken! Uncharted has vastly superior gun play Uncharted interweaves traversal into its gun play flawlessly too That gives it another element over Tomb Raider Because most gun battles in Tomb Raider involve Lara being in a small closed off room/arena while blasting away at enemies who rush you in a straight linear line, one after another like chest pieces Most combat encounters are so laughably bad in Tomb Raider. Enemy encounters and combat encounters are much more fleshed out and well done in Uncharted. Its just much better and more fun to do in Uncharted. You have much more options in what you can do during gun battles in Uncharted too (sneak kill, traverse to get an advantage via high ground or other positions among such well designed levels, and engage in legitimate hand to hand combat etc) The fact some are even saying that Tomb Raider has better gun play or better "combat" then Uncharted is nuts lol Are you lems trying to troll that hard or have lems been smoking mass amounts of crack all of the sudden? This Tomb Raider hysteria is getting way out of control. Also, it seems like the point flew right over your head That post was just talking about the "cinematics" Again, Uncharted's cinematic moments revolve around actual gameplay, top notch gameplay at that... I.e train level and collapsing building levels in Uncharted 2. Shipyard level in Uncharted 3 etc Where as for instance, Tomb Raider's idea of cinematic "gameplay" is pushing forward on the stick while Micheal Bay explosions go off every where around you! Its overly scripted with limited control After playing Tomb Raider, it is much easier to appreciate how truly special Uncharted is, And how Uncharted is much more gameplay oriented in it's design, while still having better cinematic flare and moments etc My POINT WAS that Uncharted is much more GAMEY then Tomb Raider is Other cinematic games try to copy Uncharted, but they forget the GAME play focus that Uncharted has, and never are able to strike the perfect gameplay balance that Naughty Dog strikes with Uncharted, let alone, while never even coming close to the cinematics or gameplay scenarios of Uncharted to boot Lets be real here, At the end of the day, Tomb Raider just manages to be a competent clone of Uncharted Tomb Raider is the best of the many copy cat Uncharted clones out there, I will give it that , BUT IT IS NO Uncharted
#304 Posted by epicgameplayer (981 posts) -
Man, Recently I have been seeing so many web sites posting anti Uncharted propoganda while acting like if Tomb Raider is the second coming of christ What is up with that? It is getting ridiculous, and it just makes me want to start hating on Tomb Raider! There is definently some kind of bizzare media push going on that is attempting to "prove" that Tomb Raider is better then Uncharted It just seems like such a sudden, and odd calculated effort by the main stream tools. Microsoft must be paying a lot for those articles, Which the fact they have to resort to low ball tactics like that, PROVES how desperate they are, and proves that deep down inside they dont even agree that Tomb Raider is better To those web sites and to Micro$oft: LISTEN UP NO amount of propaganda can ever change the fact that Uncharted is MUCH BETTER then Tomb Raider is in every single way, as I have proven multiple times over in this thread
#305 Posted by KarateeeChop (4597 posts) -

Man, Recently I have been seeing so many web sites posting anti Uncharted propoganda while acting like if Tomb Raider is the second coming of christ What is up with that? epicgameplayer

because TR is a much better game. duh. dreamy

you wouldn't be so worked up if it weren't true. Wink

#306 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -
[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"]Man, Recently I have been seeing so many web sites posting anti Uncharted propoganda while acting like if Tomb Raider is the second coming of christ What is up with that? It is getting ridiculous, and it just makes me want to start hating on Tomb Raider! There is definently some kind of bizzare media push going on that is attempting to "prove" that Tomb Raider is better then Uncharted It just seems like such a sudden, and odd calculated effort by the main stream tools. Microsoft must be paying a lot for those articles, Which the fact they have to resort to low ball tactics like that, PROVES how desperate they are, and proves that deep down inside they dont even agree that Tomb Raider is better To those web sites and to Micro$oft: LISTEN UP NO amount of propaganda can ever change the fact that Uncharted is MUCH BETTER then Tomb Raider is in every single way, as I have proven multiple times over in this thread

hardmicro/brofists bandodging again? BANDODGING IS BAD.
#307 Posted by Snugenz (11839 posts) -

Uncharted's hand to hand to combat is wayyy better, and thats not an over statement! Hand to hand combat in Tomb Raider is basically a clunky and choppy QTE, and its very limited. Thats exactly what UC's combat is, mash Square till you either have to press Triangle to dodge/counter or Circle to break out of a grapple SO DEEP !!.epicgameplayer

See unlike you i actuall own all these games (the ones that i pass judgement on anyway) and have played them, so regardless of what your fanboy brain would like to believe that anyone who doesn't think "Uncharted 2/3 is TEH BEST GAME EVER" then they must be a MS fanboy its just not true.

UC2 and to a much lesser extent UC3 are great games, but from what i've experienced TR is a better package, better gameplay, more longevity (SP wise) and better graphics (PC version ftw).

Oh and the reason i cut your post so short is because the majority of it is just your usual crying about people not praising what you think they should.

Microsoft must be paying a lot for those articles, Which the fact they have to resort to low ball tactics like that, PROVES how desperate they are, and proves that deep down inside they dont even agree that Tomb Raider is better To those web sites and to Micro$oft: LISTEN UP NO amount of propaganda can ever change the fact that Uncharted is MUCH BETTER then Tomb Raider is in every single way, as I have proven multiple times over in this threadepicgameplayer

See this is why i honestly think you're completely unhinged with this fanboy crap, you actually think MS would go out of their way to promote a game they have nothing to do with and bribe the press, YOU'RE COMPLETELY **** PSYCHO !!!

#308 Posted by Eddie-Murphy48 (906 posts) -
[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"]Man, Recently I have been seeing so many web sites posting anti Uncharted propoganda while acting like if Tomb Raider is the second coming of christ What is up with that? It is getting ridiculous, and it just makes me want to start hating on Tomb Raider! There is definently some kind of bizzare media push going on that is attempting to "prove" that Tomb Raider is better then Uncharted It just seems like such a sudden, and odd calculated effort by the main stream tools. Microsoft must be paying a lot for those articles, Which the fact they have to resort to low ball tactics like that, PROVES how desperate they are, and proves that deep down inside they dont even agree that Tomb Raider is better To those web sites and to Micro$oft: LISTEN UP NO amount of propaganda can ever change the fact that Uncharted is MUCH BETTER then Tomb Raider is in every single way, as I have proven multiple times over in this thread

You need medication you think MS paid for a multiplat game to be advertised as better when that particular game, tomb raider, is proven to play better on the PS3? Why would MS pay people to bash a PS3 game with a game that is best on the Ps3?
#309 Posted by robotapple (663 posts) -

[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"]Man, Recently I have been seeing so many web sites posting anti Uncharted propoganda while acting like if Tomb Raider is the second coming of christ What is up with that? It is getting ridiculous, and it just makes me want to start hating on Tomb Raider! There is definently some kind of bizzare media push going on that is attempting to "prove" that Tomb Raider is better then Uncharted It just seems like such a sudden, and odd calculated effort by the main stream tools. Microsoft must be paying a lot for those articles, Which the fact they have to resort to low ball tactics like that, PROVES how desperate they are, and proves that deep down inside they dont even agree that Tomb Raider is better To those web sites and to Micro$oft: LISTEN UP NO amount of propaganda can ever change the fact that Uncharted is MUCH BETTER then Tomb Raider is in every single way, as I have proven multiple times over in this threadEddie-Murphy48
You need medication you think MS paid for a multiplat game to be advertised as better when that particular game, tomb raider, is proven to play better on the PS3? Why would MS pay people to bash a PS3 game with a game that is best on the Ps3?

It's better on 360. Framerate is much higher.

#310 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eddie-Murphy48"][QUOTE="epicgameplayer"]Man, Recently I have been seeing so many web sites posting anti Uncharted propoganda while acting like if Tomb Raider is the second coming of christ What is up with that? It is getting ridiculous, and it just makes me want to start hating on Tomb Raider! There is definently some kind of bizzare media push going on that is attempting to "prove" that Tomb Raider is better then Uncharted It just seems like such a sudden, and odd calculated effort by the main stream tools. Microsoft must be paying a lot for those articles, Which the fact they have to resort to low ball tactics like that, PROVES how desperate they are, and proves that deep down inside they dont even agree that Tomb Raider is better To those web sites and to Micro$oft: LISTEN UP NO amount of propaganda can ever change the fact that Uncharted is MUCH BETTER then Tomb Raider is in every single way, as I have proven multiple times over in this threadrobotapple

Another day another lem lying his @$$ off on Systemewars. Digital Foundry did a comparison and 360 version of Tomb Raider turned out being the worst :lol:. PROOF: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tomb-raider-face-off

^ ^ :lol: I'd like to watch you lems try and spin this again. "Frame rate is much higher" LMA:lol:!

#311 Posted by MonsieurX (29975 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eddie-Murphy48"][QUOTE="epicgameplayer"]Man, Recently I have been seeing so many web sites posting anti Uncharted propoganda while acting like if Tomb Raider is the second coming of christ What is up with that? It is getting ridiculous, and it just makes me want to start hating on Tomb Raider! There is definently some kind of bizzare media push going on that is attempting to "prove" that Tomb Raider is better then Uncharted It just seems like such a sudden, and odd calculated effort by the main stream tools. Microsoft must be paying a lot for those articles, Which the fact they have to resort to low ball tactics like that, PROVES how desperate they are, and proves that deep down inside they dont even agree that Tomb Raider is better To those web sites and to Micro$oft: LISTEN UP NO amount of propaganda can ever change the fact that Uncharted is MUCH BETTER then Tomb Raider is in every single way, as I have proven multiple times over in this threadrobotapple

Irelevant,it's better on PC
#312 Posted by GrannyGoat (1192 posts) -

Agreed I vastly preferred Tomb Raider. Unfarted just had too many flaws. 

#313 Posted by Dexter-010 (531 posts) -
LOL. I like it how people say that Tomb Raider is an Uncharted clone. Tomb Raider is Tomb Raider. Uncharted is a Tomb Raider clone. LOL
#314 Posted by MonsieurX (29975 posts) -
[QUOTE="Dexter-010"]LOL. I like it how people say that Tomb Raider is an Uncharted clone. Tomb Raider is Tomb Raider. Uncharted is a Tomb Raider clone. LOL

Clones cloning clones Inceptclone?