Tomb Raider is like Uncharted for adults

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by burgeg (3599 posts) -

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

No it isn't. It's like Tomb Raider for babies.

Sagem28

Same thing really.

You misunderstand me. I'm not saying UC is like TR for babies. I'm saying the new Tomb Raider is like Tomb Raider for babies. As for Uncharted, I guess that would make Uncharted like Tomb Raider for....even smaller babies. Damn now I wish I sad the new TR is like TR for toddlers. Then I'd have had some room to fit Uncharted in.

#252 Posted by Snugenz (11711 posts) -

in my mind im not a dumb fanboy and i enjoyed a lot both games, still think uncharted is best, but i can see some people liking more tomb raider, my point which your fanboyish sad mind couldn't grasp is they are both great games regardless which one you prefer, but sad xbots are like " lolz uncharted never existed tomb raider lalalalallala"

so learn to read better maybe?

and my point still stands, only one system gets to play both, deal with it. :cool:

Krelian-co

But you are a dumb fanboy, the fact that you associate anyone who prefer's TR over UC to being a lem just proves that. UC2 is an awesome game (which i own), TR is better. But ofc your cow side really wants to bring up those scores and awards UC2 got to try and disprove my opinion.

Just because someone doesnt worship a PS3 exclusive game as the bestest ever does not mean they're a lemming. Cows really need to get this.

#253 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

burgeg

Same thing really.

You misunderstand me. I'm not saying UC is like TR for babies.

Not what you said.

No backsies !

#254 Posted by freedomfreak (38713 posts) -
You filthy sluts shouldn't even be comparing this to Uncharted in the first place.  There's your answer. Stranded on a remote island. 1. Look for ways to contact civilization. 2. Use shelter, look for food, and be able to take care of yourself 3. Do whatever you can to make sure you get out alive. I'm Lara Croft  and I'm gonna show what it takes to get out alive out of some of the most dangerous places on Earth  I've gotta make it through a week of challenges in the sort of places you wouldn't last a day without the right surival skills.
#255 Posted by delta3074 (17796 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

burgeg

Same thing really.

You misunderstand me. I'm not saying UC is like TR for babies. I'm saying the new Tomb Raider is like Tomb Raider for babies. As for Uncharted, I guess that would make Uncharted like Tomb Raider for....even smaller babies. Damn now I wish I sad the new TR is like TR for toddlers. Then I'd have had some room to fit Uncharted in.

the only 18 rated tomb raider game is tomb raider for babys? really? Because the combat is more brutal and visceral than any other tomb raider game, the platforming is just as hard if not harder and the Stroyline is Far to Brutal, Gory and Bloody for babies.
#256 Posted by burgeg (3599 posts) -

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Same thing really.

Sagem28

You misunderstand me. I'm not saying UC is like TR for babies.

Not what you said.

No backsies !

I suggest you actually read my first post. "No it isn't. It's like Tomb Raider for babies". It referring to Tomb Raider, not Uncharted. The thread title is Tomb Raider is like UC for adults. Naturally any post that then says, "No it's like" will be referring to it as Tomb Raider, not Uncharted. If I was referring to UC I would have used the word UC instead of it because to not use the word UC if I was meaning that would not make sense considering the it in question would clearly be referring to what was used in the original simile.

#257 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

I suggest you actually read my first post. "No it isn't. It's like Tomb Raider for babies". It referring to Tomb Raider, not Uncharted. The thread title is Tomb Raider is like UC for adults. Naturally any post that then says, "No it's like" will be referring to it as Tomb Raider, not Uncharted. If I was referring to UC I would have used the word UC instead of it because to not use the word UC if I was meaning that would not make sense considering the it in question would clearly be referring to what was used in the original simile.

burgeg

Nope, sorry.

lrn2grammar.

#258 Posted by burgeg (3599 posts) -

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Same thing really.

delta3074

the only 18 rated tomb raider game is tomb raider for babys? really? Because the combat is more brutal and visceral than any other tomb raider game, the platforming is just as hard if not harder and the Stroyline is Far to Brutal, Gory and Bloody for babies.

:lol:

Too funny. Please tell me you're joking? Please tell me you're just parodying how dumb modern gamers are?

ZOMG IT'S RATED 18 AND HAS GOOOOORRRREEE! THAT MAKES IT MORE MATURE!!111

Oh and lol at the platforming is just as hard. That's just....wow. Platforming is super dumb in the reboot. As are the puzzles and the level design overall. If you like the game for what it is that's fine. The action and storytelling sure is a hell of a lot better. But don't try and pretend it isn't significantly dumber, easier and straight forward than most past TR games. The platforming and puzzle solving elements ARE like Tomb Raider for babies in the reboot.

#259 Posted by sts106mat (18877 posts) -
the internet is full of whiney B@stards
#260 Posted by burgeg (3599 posts) -

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

Sagem28

Nope, sorry.

lrn2grammar.

I suggest you learn that yourself. Ok just answer this. If I said "Batman is like Superman without powers", but then you said "No he isn't. He's like Green Lantern without powers", you would assume that I should interpret that as you saying Superman is like green lantern without powers? Lol no. The he in the second statement would refer to the first name in the first sentence.

#261 Posted by freedomfreak (38713 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

burgeg

Nope, sorry.

lrn2grammar.

I suggest you learn that yourself. Ok just answer this. "If I said Batman is like Superman without powers", but then you said "No he isn't. He's like Green Lantern without powers", you would assume that I should interpret that as you saying Superman is like green lantern without powers? Lol no. The he in the second statement would refer to the first name in the first sentence.

How can you not see he isn't being serious? Seriously, why so srs?
#262 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

burgeg

Nope, sorry.

lrn2grammar.

I suggest you learn that yourself. Ok just answer this. If I said "Batman is like Superman without powers", but then you said "No he isn't. He's like Green Lantern without powers", you would assume that I should interpret that as you saying Superman is like green lantern without powers? Lol no. The he in the second statement would refer to the first name in the first sentence.

I is right, you is wrong !

#263 Posted by Vatusus (4352 posts) -

ps3 fan #1 - you know, i think i had a better time with TR than uncharted. what a great game! ps3 fan #2 - i know right? they really nailed it. ps3 fanboys #1~34 - OMG :cry: i dont care uncharted is teh bestest, u just ruined my life, something something lems something ... gotta love this thread :lol:KarateeeChop

PS3 fans? lol

Most of those saying TR is better than Uncharted or

a) are known lems on SW

b) have 360 related sigs

There may be one or another unbiased user but from the comments and threads I've seen this is what I noticed the most

#264 Posted by freedomfreak (38713 posts) -
Most of those saying TR is better than Uncharted or

a) are known lems on SW

b) have 360 related sigs

There may be one or another unbiased user but from the comments and threads I've seen this is what I noticed the most

Vatusus
Poppycock. Seriously, that's just pathetic.
#265 Posted by Vatusus (4352 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]Most of those saying TR is better than Uncharted or

a) are known lems on SW

b) have 360 related sigs

freedomfreak

sue me

#266 Posted by freedomfreak (38713 posts) -
sue meVatusus
Nah
#267 Posted by Newhopes (4470 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]Most of those saying TR is better than Uncharted or

a) are known lems on SW

b) have 360 related sigs

freedomfreak

Like I said before they alway resort to the your a Lem excuse when you say something they don't like.

#268 Posted by freedomfreak (38713 posts) -
Like I said before they alway resort to the your a Lem excuse when you say something they don't like.Newhopes
Let them cry. I can enjoy both without calling people cows are lems because they prefer one over the other
#269 Posted by dogfather76 (588 posts) -

Having now played and beaten both games, I think that Tomb Raider can't hold a handle to Uncharted. I will hence refer to it as "the poor man's Uncharted."

#270 Posted by Vatusus (4352 posts) -

Having now played and beaten both games, I think that Tomb Raider can't hold a handle to Uncharted. I will hence refer to it as "the poor man's Uncharted."

dogfather76

I havent played TR yet but it always felt like it to me from the footage I've seen. I want the old TR games back :'(

#271 Posted by SecretPolice (21363 posts) -

I didn't read the thread but of the surface it sounds like TR has some kind of Kinect functionality having to do with Lara? :o :twisted:

#272 Posted by freedomfreak (38713 posts) -

I didn't read the thread but of the surface it sounds like TR has some kind of Kinect functionality having to do with Lara? :o :twisted:

SecretPolice
Pff I wish..
#273 Posted by SecretPolice (21363 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

freedomfreak

Pff I wish..

Tehe, better with Kinect...

th?id=H.4894992302670985&pid=1.7:P

#274 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

SecretPolice

Pff I wish..

:P

Poor Lems :( , can't even enjoy quality games like this one

medium.gif

DOMINATION CONTINUATION

#275 Posted by SecretPolice (21363 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Pff I wish..Sagem28

medium.gif

DOMINATION CONTINUATION

:lol: Oh you a bad, bad boy U. :P

#276 Posted by freedomfreak (38713 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

SecretPolice

Pff I wish..

From Mass Effect to Mass Erect :cool:
#277 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]Tehe, better with Kinect...

SecretPolice

medium.gif

DOMINATION CONTINUATION

:lol: Oh you a bad, bad boy U. :P

Cutting Edge Handheld Technology !

Thank You Sony !

#278 Posted by Krelian-co (10226 posts) -

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

in my mind im not a dumb fanboy and i enjoyed a lot both games, still think uncharted is best, but i can see some people liking more tomb raider, my point which your fanboyish sad mind couldn't grasp is they are both great games regardless which one you prefer, but sad xbots are like " lolz uncharted never existed tomb raider lalalalallala"

and my point still stands, only one system gets to play both, deal with it. :cool:

Snugenz

But you are a dumb fanboy, the fact that you associate anyone who prefer's TR over UC to being a lem just proves that. UC2 is an awesome game (which i own), TR is better. But ofc your cow side really wants to bring up those scores and awards UC2 got to try and disprove my opinion.

Just because someone doesnt worship a PS3 exclusive game as the bestest ever does not mean they're a lemming. Cows really need to get this.

you embarrass yourself yet again, i never point out someone as a lem because they like more tomb raider (read my previous post) i just find incredibly stupid of some people acting like uncharted never existed just because tomb raider is also a great game, and it casually happens to be the lems doing this, which i find incredibly sad, just because they got a good adventure game when ps3 owners had 3 already.

Also one thing is liking more TR, that depends of the person but to compare two games and which is better you have to use scores simple as that, my point is which you fail to understand yet again is that is different saying "i like more tom raider" to saying "tomb raider is better than uncharted 2" the first one is very valid, the second one is just dumb since uncharted 2 and 3 has better scores all over making it the best game, period. You acting like tomb raider is the better game just because you like it more is just dumb, but hey keep embarrasing yourself.

And by the way, i don't have loyalty to any brand but my favorite system is pc, BY MILES. So keep calling me "cow" for stating the fact that u2 is objectively the best game, must be a cow for realizing a game with better scores is better, i just do my service to sw by putting dumb people like you to the ground, i'm out, have a good day, try no to drool over your keyboard.

#280 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

It has all the on rails segments that uncharted fans would love, but it also has sections of real gameplay like RE4 amd Batman Arkham Asylum, and really fun combat and a lot more to do  and explore than Uncharted.

Great game I hope you all get to finish it :)

robotapple
Female gamers already has similar body features as Lara, so what's the big deal with female playable characters?
#281 Posted by ImBatman- (1014 posts) -

PS3 is like a 360 for adults.

#282 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

medium.gif

DOMINATION CONTINUATION

That's GOTY right there. Thank you Sony.

#283 Posted by ohgeez (910 posts) -
I will definitely be purchasing tomb raider as it looks like a great game. The MP looks very sad but the single player looks awesome. I love the idea of a metroidesque exploration game and would love for the next uncharted game to do something along those lines. Also, the game looks like a cross between farcry and uncharted to me, which is a pretty great combo. I am probably one of the biggest uncharted fans on this website and have been a pretty big defender of the series. Although I haven't played TR yet and think it looks great, I don't want to compare the two games as they look different enough to enjoy both. However, to set the record straight about influences. The original uncharted was influenced by Indiana Jones, Romancing the stones, and killswitch as stated by multiple interviews and the many similarities found in the game. The new TR reboot was heavily influenced by uncharted, as stated by crystal dynamics in interviews and many play mechanics and design choices which are pretty obvious. I'd love for anybody to provide evidence like a news article or interview or SOMETHING that isn't an opinion piece which says Uncharted was influenced by Tomb Raider. General knowledge which states this was so is based mostly on peoples guesses, the whole dude raider thing. Once the game came out people realized how untrue that really was. However, if proven wrong, I will stand corrected, unlike the SW troll.
#284 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

medium.gif

DOMINATION CONTINUATION

Guess what'll come with the Collector Edition ;)?
#285 Posted by delta3074 (17796 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="burgeg"]You misunderstand me. I'm not saying UC is like TR for babies. I'm saying the new Tomb Raider is like Tomb Raider for babies. As for Uncharted, I guess that would make Uncharted like Tomb Raider for....even smaller babies. Damn now I wish I sad the new TR is like TR for toddlers. Then I'd have had some room to fit Uncharted in.

burgeg

:lol:

Too funny. Please tell me you're joking? Please tell me you're just parodying how dumb modern gamers are?

ZOMG IT'S RATED 18 AND HAS GOOOOORRRREEE! THAT MAKES IT MORE MATURE!!111

Oh and lol at the platforming is just as hard. That's just....wow. Platforming is super dumb in the reboot. As are the puzzles and the level design overall. If you like the game for what it is that's fine. The action and storytelling sure is a hell of a lot better. But don't try and pretend it isn't significantly dumber, easier and straight forward than most past TR games. The platforming and puzzle solving elements ARE like Tomb Raider for babies in the reboot.

you are clearly not very mature yourself, of course an 18 rated game makes it for more Mature people you idiot, and no, it isn't easier than most tomb raider games you muppet, not in my opinion anyway, both legends and underworld are far easier, so was Chronicles and TR 3,Maybe if yopu actually set the combat to Normal and not easy you would realise that, you can't just jump and roll around whilst holding the fire button in this iteration of tomb raider.
#286 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Guess what'll come with the Collector Edition ;)?rjdofu

Searching it on Amazon as we speak. :o

#287 Posted by delta3074 (17796 posts) -

PS3 is like a 360 for adults.

ImBatman-
and i am the king of kashmir....oh wait
#288 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

Guess what'll come with the Collector Edition ;)?Sagem28

Searching it on Amazon as wel speak.

Doubt you'll find it, too much for amazon to handle :(
#289 Posted by Snugenz (11711 posts) -

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Krelian-co

you embarrass yourself yet again, i never point out someone as a lem because they like more tomb raider (read my previous post) i just find incredibly stupid of some people acting like uncharted never existed just because tomb raider is also a great game, and it casually happens to be the lems doing this, which i find incredibly sad, just because they got a good adventure game when ps3 owners had 3 already.

Also one thing is liking more TR, that depends of the person but to compare two games and which is better you have to use scores simple as that, my point is which you fail to understand yet again is that is different saying "i like more tom raider" to saying "tomb raider is better than uncharted 2" the first one is very valid, the second one is just dumb since uncharted 2 and 3 has better scores all over making it the best game, period. You acting like tomb raider is the better game just because you like it more is just dumb, but hey keep embarrasing yourself.

And by the way, i don't have loyalty to any brand but my favorite system is pc, BY MILES. So keep calling me "cow" for stating the fact that u2 is objectively the best game, must be a cow for realizing a game with better scores is better, i just do my service to sw by putting dumb people like you to the ground, i'm out, have a good day, try no to drool over your keyboard.

Yet here you are attacking me because i'm of the opinion that TR is better than Uncharted 2. See i never actually called you a cow, i just said you exhibited cow like behavior. Which you continue to do with your personal attacks on me because i prefer TR.

As for the last paragraph, don't make me laugh sunshine ;)

#290 Posted by mems_1224 (46224 posts) -
Tomb Raider was awesome. It basically just took what Uncharted did and made it way better.
#291 Posted by Krelian-co (10226 posts) -

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

Snugenz

Yet here you are attacking me because i'm of the opinion that TR is better than Uncharted 2. See i never actually called you a cow, i just said you exhibited cow like behavior. Which you continue to do with your personal attacks on me because i prefer TR.

As for the last paragraph, don't make me laugh sunshine ;)

i didn't attack you because you like more tomb raider, go ahead, i just pointed out how dumb you are.

#292 Posted by Snugenz (11711 posts) -

i didn't attack you because you like more tomb raider, go ahead, i just pointed out how dumb you are.

Krelian-co

There you go again, you must be offended that i like TR more than UC2, sad.

Tomb Raider was awesome. It basically just took what Uncharted did and made it way better.mems_1224

Indeed, especially the combat and platforming, just brilliant in TR.

#293 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
I've never been much for playing female characters.
#294 Posted by sts106mat (18877 posts) -
I've never been much for playing female characters.p4s2p0
neither have i, but this game is great so far.
#295 Posted by sts106mat (18877 posts) -

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Snugenz

There you go again, you must be offended that i like TR more than UC2, sad.

Tomb Raider was awesome. It basically just took what Uncharted did and made it way better.mems_1224

Indeed, especially the combat and platforming, just brilliant in TR.

yeah, i generally dislike platformers, but the platforming in this game is a joy.
#296 Posted by KarateeeChop (4590 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

medium.gif

DOMINATION CONTINUATION

sony realy knows what pleases their fanbase. dreamy

#297 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Pff I wish..freedomfreak

From Mass Effect to Mass Erect :cool:

Ok, I lol'd.
#298 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5021 posts) -

Must be why it scored less. Ah yes, Lemming logic.

#299 Posted by mems_1224 (46224 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]Tomb Raider was awesome. It basically just took what Uncharted did and made it way better.Douevenlift_bro

:lol: Im sorry, i dont play scores. What makes Uncharted a better game?
#300 Posted by gamefan67 (9853 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]Tomb Raider was awesome. It basically just took what Uncharted did and made it way better.Douevenlift_bro

Well, UC does have superior multiplayer and a better soundtrack imo.