Tomb Raider Gameplay Footage Lara slaughtering her way through XD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

So what's the supernatural enemy going to be in this game.

I'm thinking it's demons of some sort, undead will be a strong possiblity.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

ReadingRainbow4
As long as its not Smurfs on steroids again Im good
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

It looks fun and decent, I might buy it , More disgusted by the multiplayer to be honest.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
>Enter Door >Cutscene yeah...i think im going to throw up. Also, they ***** up the crosshairs/gun direction.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

mems_1224

Yeah, despite UC2 being fantastic. the smurfs were just stupid.

Along with the yetti, they just weren't any fun to fight.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Game looks alright, not seeing what all the hate is about.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

ReadingRainbow4

Yeah, despite UC2 being fantastic. the smurfs were just stupid.

Along with the yetti, they just weren't any fun to fight.

Yea that and the last boss fight were the only minor negatives of an otherwise great game
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 ReadingRainbow4

I'd like a game to use a wendigo, they could even add something much more interesting than undead.

Wendigo posessed humans that arent undead but comitting canibalism, imagine having to live with yourself after chowing down on your friends.

Devs need to start getting more creative with this stuff.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

so good bye tomb raider gameplay hello uncharted with lara?

this si ridicoulous, devs are becoming fuking idiots trying to copy each other, i love uncharted franchise but that doesn't mean i want other franchises to become clones.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
Don't like the voice acting at all, but the animation & character designs are sweet. Texture needs work though. QTE & scripted event galore, just like Uncharted, don't know if I'll enjoy this one.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 mems_1224

this si ridicoulous, devs are becoming fuking idiots trying to copy each other, i love uncharted franchise but that doesn't mean i want other franchises to become clones.

Krelian-co
You mean like Uncharted was a clone? :roll:
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 rjdofu
[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

mems_1224

Uncharted was inspired by tomb raider, but vastly improves from it as well; this new Tomb Raider, inspired by Uncharted, but seems like nothing improved.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

rjdofu

Uncharted was inspired by tomb raider, but vastly improves from it as well; this new Tomb Raider, inspired by Uncharted, but seems like nothing improved.

What looks wrong with this game exactly? We knew it was a reboot so assuming it was going to play like the boring old tomb raiders was a joke. tomb raider has been bad for many years, infact I question if it was ever really good. I mean REALLY.... its always been a usability nightmare like the nostalgia ridden fanboys memories of the earlier resident evils. "She is mowing down tons of people like nothing" yes, welcome to a reboot? instead of a 100% tacklesss sex object that jumps around crap puzzles she is now a proper female action hero with a more tasteful back drop. Its ok for nathan, and the far cry guy (who never held a gun in his life and is a spoiled teen) turns action hero in 2 seconds, but for lara croft to do it its wrong because of old crap game? I really don't get you people sometimes, the game looked decent for what it is. I guess people here really will complain about anything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

ReadingRainbow4
It could be worse, we could have t-rex's, super wolves, enchanted magic shadow swords. oh wait....
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 rjdofu
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] You mean like Uncharted was a clone? :roll:

What looks wrong with this game exactly? We knew it was a reboot so assuming it was going to play like the boring old tomb raiders was a joke. tomb raider has been bad for many years, infact I question if it was ever really good. I mean REALLY.... its always been a usability nightmare like the nostalgia ridden fanboys memories of the earlier resident evils. "She is mowing down tons of people like nothing" yes, welcome to a reboot? instead of a 100% tacklesss sex object that jumps around crap puzzles she is now a proper female action hero with a more tasteful back drop. Its ok for nathan, and the far cry guy (who never held a gun in his life and is a spoiled teen) turns action hero in 2 seconds, but for lara croft to do it its wrong because of old crap game? I really don't get you people sometimes, the game looked decent for what it is. I guess people here really will complain about anything.

:| that's a huge block of nothing, Who gives a sh!t if old Tomb raider are bad? I call out the game for what it is shown in the video aka. scripted event, QTE galore + bad voice acting. If you take inspiration from something, at least improves from it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] Uncharted was inspired by tomb raider, but vastly improves from it as well; this new Tomb Raider, inspired by Uncharted, but seems like nothing improved.

:| that's a huge block of nothing, Who gives a sh!t if old Tomb raider are bad? I call out the game for what it is shown in the video aka. scripted event, QTE galore + bad voice acting. If you take inspiration from something, at least improves from it.

What the actual f*** seriously? since when was tomb raider or uncharted ever not linear and scripted thats the point in these games, non-linear does not always = better so why should games that don't do it be punished? Bad voice acting, I can agree on that one based on the phone call bit. but then I play games for games, so don't be suprised if i simply don't care when a game isn't perfectly like a movie, call me crazy in the age where last of us a 10 hour linear game just like these is consididered "amazing". QTE? I DONT MIND THEM. so what? it adds that movie like cinematic tension in which you consolites crave so much.QTE is just that bandwagon thing to hate isnt it? woudl you have rathered just a cutscene?
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

I'm a bit surprised that the developers completely ignored Uncharted's massive faults in how the mechanics don't gel with the written story, when deciding to make Tomb Raider.

'Lara Croft, young, victim, survivor, robotic mass murderer and killing machine'.

Super origin story guys.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 skrat_01
I guess people here really will complain about anything.MBirdy88
Not really, in development and academic circles the problem visible here has been talked about to death; Uncharted and Grand Theft Auto 4 are often the elephants in the room as easy go-too examples. When you're trying so hard to tell a certain narrative - in the writing, the visuals, the characterisation of action; you can easily undermine it by contradicting it with the actual mechanics of play - like mass murdering and demigod characters, painted as everything but that. It's a glaring inconsistency, and we even had a game pretty much dedicated to the subject matter - Spec Ops: The Line, which is pretty cool. Far Cry 3 is a different bundle all together - it tries to be subversive like Spec Ops about this problem (ludonarrative dissonance) and instead from all that I know managed to muddle everything up and not do a very good job of anything instead - but I'll have to see for myself. Now does this all in all mean Tomb Raider will be a bad game? Nah. the Uncharted games are still great. Does that mean it'll have its own big problem? Most likely.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 mems_1224

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] You mean like Uncharted was a clone? :roll:MBirdy88

/thread

Awesome post.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"] What looks wrong with this game exactly? We knew it was a reboot so assuming it was going to play like the boring old tomb raiders was a joke. tomb raider has been bad for many years, infact I question if it was ever really good. I mean REALLY.... its always been a usability nightmare like the nostalgia ridden fanboys memories of the earlier resident evils. "She is mowing down tons of people like nothing" yes, welcome to a reboot? instead of a 100% tacklesss sex object that jumps around crap puzzles she is now a proper female action hero with a more tasteful back drop. Its ok for nathan, and the far cry guy (who never held a gun in his life and is a spoiled teen) turns action hero in 2 seconds, but for lara croft to do it its wrong because of old crap game? I really don't get you people sometimes, the game looked decent for what it is. I guess people here really will complain about anything.MBirdy88

What the actual f*** seriously? since when was tomb raider or uncharted ever not linear and scripted thats the point in these games, non-linear does not always = better so why should games that don't do it be punished? Bad voice acting, I can agree on that one based on the phone call bit. but then I play games for games, so don't be suprised if i simply don't care when a game isn't perfectly like a movie, call me crazy in the age where last of us a 10 hour linear game just like these is consididered "amazing". QTE? I DONT MIND THEM. so what? it adds that movie like cinematic tension in which you consolites crave so much.QTE is just that bandwagon thing to hate isnt it? woudl you have rathered just a cutscene?

Chill... Why are you so mad at me lol? You enjoy the game, good for you. Just accept the fact that people might not share your opinion.

Saying the game has too many scripted event =/= bashing its linearity, a linear game can avoid all of that sh!t. And I said Uncharted was QTE & scripted event galore as well, so no bias from me.

You're fine with QTE? Me too, but there's a limit for it before it's getting ridiculous. And for some who bash Uncharted for being too much of a movie, you  suddenly fine with this one now?

And major LOL @  saying I'm a consolite, you're clearly mad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]I guess people here really will complain about anything.skrat_01
Not really, in development and academic circles the problem visible here has been talked about to death; Uncharted and Grand Theft Auto 4 are often the elephants in the room as easy go-too examples. When you're trying so hard to tell a certain narrative - in the writing, the visuals, the characterisation of action; you can easily undermine it by contradicting it with the actual mechanics of play - like mass murdering and demigod characters, painted as everything but that. It's a glaring inconsistency, and we even had a game pretty much dedicated to the subject matter - Spec Ops: The Line, which is pretty cool. Far Cry 3 is a different bundle all together - it tries to be subversive like Spec Ops about this problem (ludonarrative dissonance) and instead from all that I know managed to muddle everything up and not do a very good job of anything instead - but I'll have to see for myself. Now does this all in all mean Tomb Raider will be a bad game? Nah. the Uncharted games are still great. Does that mean it'll have its own big problem? Most likely.

Having lara play through a survival game would of been nice, but I did not expect it, even with the narrative they are going for. I dunno maybe I had lower expectations but as soon as I saw her riding rapids, and have the crap kicked out of her and going through sacrificial caves I pretty much knew straight away that this was going to be uncharted not some survival game. But she is an action hero, was never pegged any differently so I don't understand the level of suprise from people, all I ever took from the marketing was "This is going to be a rough ride for lara, instead of being practicallly a hybrid mix of James Bond and Indiana Jones" which is all she pretty much always has been, a smooth english female indiana jones that shot things up. Now she is a younger girl without the cool nature with a much grittier survival backdrop. and it looks like a pretty decent attempt at that. I don't know, expectations are too high for console focused games.... always ends in the same nonsense, its action or nothing.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 rjdofu

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] Uncharted was inspired by tomb raider, but vastly improves from it as well; this new Tomb Raider, inspired by Uncharted, but seems like nothing improved.mems_1224

/thread

Awesome post.

What the "thread" was about exactly?
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] You mean like Uncharted was a clone? :roll:MBirdy88

I think the b*tching is more about the fact that its a crappy uncharted clone, with QTE and scripted events not to mention the weird disconect between Lara being vulnerable and  weak one momemnt then  all of a sudden gunning down badies casually like super woman . I haven"t actually heard anyone complain about it being significantly differnt from the OG Tomb-raider. Personally the forced multiplayer is my own pet peeve

As many people have said if you are going to imitate at least improve  instead of just copying and pasting verbatim 

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
Heavily scripted garbage. I don't play interactive movies. It's not worth a damn penny. The game looks like Uncharted featuring Lara Croft.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 ReadingRainbow4

watching more of the gameplay out there, this still looks fun albeit not ground breaking, which is fine honestly.

But her voice, the more I hear of it really bugs me.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#226 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

really pumped up for this game.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 skrat_01

Having lara play through a survival game would of been nice, but I did not expect it, even with the narrative they are going for. I dunno maybe I had lower expectations but as soon as I saw her riding rapids, and have the crap kicked out of her and going through sacrificial caves I pretty much knew straight away that this was going to be uncharted not some survival game. But she is an action hero, was never pegged any differently so I don't understand the level of suprise from people, all I ever took from the marketing was "This is going to be a rough ride for lara, instead of being practicallly a hybrid mix of James Bond and Indiana Jones" which is all she pretty much always has been, a smooth english female indiana jones that shot things up. Now she is a younger girl without the cool nature with a much grittier survival backdrop. and it looks like a pretty decent attempt at that. I don't know, expectations are too high for console focused games.... always ends in the same nonsense, its action or nothing.MBirdy88
Honestly I was hopeful, I remember when the first cover story details were emerging and it sounded pretty brilliant - like an open world surival game with horror elements and dungeons / tombs. But yeah, those big trailers pretty much nuked that and I was bewildered when all the action videos from E3 emerged - just cutting down man with gun after man with gun.

Now the big problem here is that aye is is an action hero; however this particular origin story is pegging her as the young niave and vulnerable 'survivor' before the buxom comic book dino-killing action hero (who fought predominantely animals once upon a time).

The games writers and designers, as well as PR have been chirping on about the importance of this direction when talking about the games design, and aesthetic as well as premise (which was devisive to begin with). Now the problem here is that the actual mechanics of play - the apparant focus on action shooting ala Uncharted, which is at the end of the day Gears of War, absolutely contradicts the narrative tone in every sense.

See Uncharted got away with it because the whole game is cartoony, like a swashbuckling pulp action, only more shooting people in the face; however as title after title went on and the writers decided to try and up the character drama, it began to show it's seams far more. Tomb Raider on the other hand looks like it's diving head first and bursting the seams completely; and worst of all, isn't self aware at all at how much it shows.

Which is a shame, because it undermines the whole character tale; you've got this extremely focused written premise and character, and then high flying spectacle and bloodshed that utterly undermines it.

It's taking your cake and eating it, in the worse sense.

Anyway, that's only from the info I've seen, who knows all of that could be only a small slice of the game and they're keeping quiet on details, or PR is making an ass of itself (as it often happens).

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Looks like Resident Evil Croft.

I lol'd. Lara mowing mofos down left and right. :lol:

lol exploration.

I kinda feel in the mood to play BulletStorm after watching that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Having lara play through a survival game would of been nice, but I did not expect it, even with the narrative they are going for. I dunno maybe I had lower expectations but as soon as I saw her riding rapids, and have the crap kicked out of her and going through sacrificial caves I pretty much knew straight away that this was going to be uncharted not some survival game. But she is an action hero, was never pegged any differently so I don't understand the level of suprise from people, all I ever took from the marketing was "This is going to be a rough ride for lara, instead of being practicallly a hybrid mix of James Bond and Indiana Jones" which is all she pretty much always has been, a smooth english female indiana jones that shot things up. Now she is a younger girl without the cool nature with a much grittier survival backdrop. and it looks like a pretty decent attempt at that. I don't know, expectations are too high for console focused games.... always ends in the same nonsense, its action or nothing.skrat_01

Honestly I was hopeful, I remember when the first cover story details were emerging and it sounded pretty brilliant - like an open world surival game with horror elements and dungeons / tombs. But yeah, those big trailers pretty much nuked that and I was bewildered when all the action videos from E3 emerged - just cutting down man with gun after man with gun.

Now the big problem here is that aye is is an action hero; however this particular origin story is pegging her as the young niave and vulnerable 'survivor' before the buxom comic book dino-killing action hero (who fought predominantely animals once upon a time).

The games writers and designers, as well as PR have been chirping on about the importance of this direction when talking about the games design, and aesthetic as well as premise (which was devisive to begin with). Now the problem here is that the actual mechanics of play - the apparant focus on action shooting ala Uncharted, which is at the end of the day Gears of War, absolutely contradicts the narrative tone in every sense.

See Uncharted got away with it because the whole game is cartoony, like a swashbuckling pulp action, only more shooting people in the face; however as title after title went on and the writers decided to try and up the character drama, it began to show it's seams far more. Tomb Raider on the other hand looks like it's diving head first and bursting the seams completely; and worst of all, isn't self aware at all at how much it shows.

Which is a shame, because it undermines the whole character tale; you've got this extremely focused written premise and character, and then high flying spectacle and bloodshed that utterly undermines it.

Anyway, that's only from the info I've seen, who knows all of that could be only a small slice of the game and they're keeping quiet on details, or PR is making an ass of itself (as it often happens).

Unless I am wrong, all we have seen is action sequences, that are typical of any lara croft game granted, but this game undoubtedly does it ALOT better. I can see what you mean with advertisement, but I don't understand again what you and others expected? she starts off fragile for the first hour of gameplay then hardens up... was you all expecting a frail girl crying and whining as she gets raped and battered, and eventually stabs a guy in a movie like way? When in reality Tomb Raider is what usually a 12? Even from the action trailers she is nothing like the "lara croft" we knew before, she is alot more like Jason from Far Cry 3 .... naturally athletic and gifted in combat yet is not calm and collective, IS scared ect. I dunno I think I am seeing alot of typical sexist perceptions as nobody questioned the likelyhood of a a teenage californian white boy massacreing seasoned pirates not 20 minutes into the game yet a strong female character's first venture could not go that way (Hell even the boat sinking cinematic showed she is quite adaptable). I don't think anyone knows what they want from tomb raider its such a redundant franchise, maybe going the uncharted direction will actually give it a well needed boost. People complaining about supernatural.... yea because tomb raider never had that :roll: UNCHARTCLONELOLZ
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 skrat_01
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Having lara play through a survival game would of been nice, but I did not expect it, even with the narrative they are going for. I dunno maybe I had lower expectations but as soon as I saw her riding rapids, and have the crap kicked out of her and going through sacrificial caves I pretty much knew straight away that this was going to be uncharted not some survival game. But she is an action hero, was never pegged any differently so I don't understand the level of suprise from people, all I ever took from the marketing was "This is going to be a rough ride for lara, instead of being practicallly a hybrid mix of James Bond and Indiana Jones" which is all she pretty much always has been, a smooth english female indiana jones that shot things up. Now she is a younger girl without the cool nature with a much grittier survival backdrop. and it looks like a pretty decent attempt at that. I don't know, expectations are too high for console focused games.... always ends in the same nonsense, its action or nothing.MBirdy88

Unless I am wrong, all we have seen is action sequences, that are typical of any lara croft game granted, but this game undoubtedly does it ALOT better. I can see what you mean with advertisement, but I don't understand again what you and others expected? she starts off fragile for the first hour of gameplay then hardens up... was you all expecting a frail girl crying and whining as she gets raped and battered, and eventually stabs a guy in a movie like way? When in reality Tomb Raider is what usually a 12? Even from the action trailers she is nothing like the "lara croft" we knew before, she is alot more like Jason from Far Cry 3 .... naturally athletic and gifted in combat yet is not calm and collective, IS scared ect. I dunno I think I am seeing alot of typical sexist perceptions as nobody questioned the likelyhood of a a teenage californian white boy massacreing seasoned pirates not 20 minutes into the game yet a strong female character's first venture could not go that way (Hell even the boat sinking cinematic showed she is quite adaptable). I don't think anyone knows what they want from tomb raider its such a redundant franchise, maybe going the uncharted direction will actually give it a well needed boost. People complaining about supernatural.... yea because tomb raider never had that :roll: UNCHARTCLONELOLZ

Oh I'm not saying this doesn't do the action better, and I've stated that I'm only going by the information the developers themselves have put out. What I am saying is that it's ridiculous that a game is trying a more 'realistic' take on developing a character and crafting the heroes journey - making her vulnerable, afraid and well out of her depth - a more 'emotionally compelling' take; then put her in the most ludicrous action set pieces and efficiently murdering hordes of angry men no different then Marcus Fenix. That's inconsistency, that's the dissonance that's all too often talked about and raised when you get into any sort of academic, writing or design discussion. As I said, Far Cry 3 is a different game; it was supposed to be a power-fantasy and genre commentary much like Spec Ops was, instead it apparently botched its message - I haven't played it - you can read the interviews with the lead writer who delves into it. Tomb Raider is not pitched as a genre commentary at all, nor an escapist power fantasy. It's an origins story that they're pushing as being one of survival with more emotional potency in how the characters tale is told. Yeah it's supposed to be about her 'hardening' without a doubt; but that still doesn't make Lara behaving the same as a demigod during gameplay, any less of a polar opposite to the games written 'didactic' message. I don't give a damn if it's a Tomb Raider game or not, and I've never had any affection for the series - I'm only judging it for what it is going by the information presented. What I like to see is good, consistent games - especially if they're trying to tell a certain story, which they obviously are. Which begs to ask, why even raise supernatural elements? Who are you arguing with?
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 mems_1224

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] Uncharted was inspired by tomb raider, but vastly improves from it as well; this new Tomb Raider, inspired by Uncharted, but seems like nothing improved.musalala

I think the b*tching is more about the fact that its a crappy uncharted clone, with QTE and scripted events not to mention the weird disconect between Lara being vulnerable and  weak one momemnt then  all of a sudden gunning down badies casually like super woman . I haven"t actually heard anyone complain about it being significantly differnt from the OG Tomb-raider. Personally the forced multiplayer is my own pet peeve

As many people have said if you are going to imitate at least improve  instead of just copying and pasting verbatim 

Did the forced multiplayer or crappy story or the fact that it was completely different from the original games keep anyone from enjoying Far Cry 3? nope.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Krelian-co

there you go, the fall from gaming, the fuking cod generation.

Tom raider granted it had some bad games it had good ones too, the fact you didn't have to shoot 100 guys at the same time didn't make it boring but then again idiots like you can't understand or like games that aren't shooting 10 things at the same time becaus they are boring.

Uncharted was inspired by tomb raider obviously but improved and changed a lot to feel relatively fres and good.

This game does not improve, in fact it looks like a bad copy of uncharted with bad voice acting and a lot of qte's. Couldn't see a single improvement over uncharted and it was almost carbon copy, far cry 3 is far different from any game, even if it has influences from others.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#233 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Seriously, it looks like a bad Uncharted game

I want old TR games back, heavy on platforming

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 mems_1224

Seriously, it looks like a bad Uncharted game

I want old TR games back, heavy on platforming

Vatusus
You want crappy Tomb Raider games back? Why?
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

The more I see of this game, the more I feel like it's gonna be a huge disappointment.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Gone are the days when gamers enjoyed games because they are fun, but these days it seems everyone has become a critic

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 mems_1224

Gone are the days when gamers enjoyed games because they are fun, but these days it seems everyone has become a critic

megaspiderweb09
Thats probably why there are thousands of annoying pricks with their own youtube channels now a days. lol
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] Uncharted was inspired by tomb raider, but vastly improves from it as well; this new Tomb Raider, inspired by Uncharted, but seems like nothing improved.Krelian-co

there you go, the fall from gaming, the fuking cod generation.

Tom raider granted it had some bad games it had good ones too, the fact you didn't have to shoot 100 guys at the same time didn't make it boring but then again idiots like you can't understand or like games that aren't shooting 10 things at the same time becaus they are boring.

Uncharted was inspired by tomb raider obviously but improved and changed a lot to feel relatively fres and good.

This game does not improve, in fact it looks like a bad copy of uncharted with bad voice acting and a lot of qte's. Couldn't see a single improvement over uncharted and it was almost carbon copy, far cry 3 is far different from any game, even if it has influences from others.

I could count the amount of kills I made in Tomb Raider 2 if you would like. In the last minutes alone I made like 30 kills.
avshaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 avshaman
Member since 2013 • 86 Posts

It looks amazing to me. In my top 5 most wanted games for 2013.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k2NGryuKvs makes this thread redundant. welcome to her first hour. now please stop the mindless crying.
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#241 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k2NGryuKvs makes this thread redundant. welcome to her first hour. now please stop the mindless crying.MBirdy88

is that supposed to prove anything? That looks even more like Uncharted!

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k2NGryuKvs makes this thread redundant. welcome to her first hour. now please stop the mindless crying.MBirdy88

I expect  they will put an option in the audio settings to mute off her moans and panting :P 

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts
I think this game is going to flop, i hope it surprises me though.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#244 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k2NGryuKvs makes this thread redundant. welcome to her first hour. now please stop the mindless crying.Gue1

You guys act like Uncharted invented the action-adventure genre.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k2NGryuKvs makes this thread redundant. welcome to her first hour. now please stop the mindless crying.Gue1

Mate, its the entire time up to her first kill, if you don't want to watch it for spoilers fine, but it proves shes not a pro killer straight of the damn bat. Oh and newsflash, Uncharted was just a much better version of the original tomb raiders, what would you have them do not evolve it? there are open bits, leveling, ass creed/batman style inspection (hunter instinct) ... and within that 40 minutes she kills 1 person, and a few animals. I don't why I am bothering system wars is home of bitter gamers with no soul. it looks like a damn fine reboot of the franchise. In all honesty, its production values don't match uncharted's but being a multiplat game it still looks like it will do the job greatly.
p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6609 Posts

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k2NGryuKvs makes this thread redundant. welcome to her first hour. now please stop the mindless crying.DarkLink77

Of course it didn't but it set the bar on how an action-adventure game should be this gen. Just face it it's an Uncharted game with Lara Croft instead of Nathan.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#247 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Gue1"]

p3anut

Of course it didn't but it set the bar on how an action-adventure game should be this gen. Just face it it's an Uncharted game with Lara Croft instead of Nathan.

Doesn't look anything like Uncharted to me. Uncharted doesn't give you optional stuff to explore or an upgrade system or any of that stuff.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Krelian-co

I think this game is going to flop, i hope it surprises me though. redskins26rocs

me too, i always like when a game positively surprises me, like dmc, but so far this looks like it's going to the generic clone cemetery.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="p3anut"]

DarkLink77

Doesn't look anything like Uncharted to me. Uncharted doesn't give you optional stuff to explore or an upgrade system or any of that stuff.

Yeah I don't what these people are looking at. I have beaten all 3 Uncharted and this doesn't seem like copy to me.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="redskins26rocs"]I think this game is going to flop, i hope it surprises me though. Krelian-co

me too, i always like when a game positively surprises me, like dmc, but so far this looks like it's going to the generic clone cemetery.

This game won't flop. Core Tomb Raider are very excited (we are not disappointed with gameplay) and a lot Xbox and PC gamers that have no experience with Uncharted are as well.