Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is $60

  • 136 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26754 posts) -

Source: Player Essence

What do you make of this? Sounds (almost) like when Square Enix charged $50 for the Wii U version (and that version only mind you) for no good reason.

#2 Posted by lostrib (37046 posts) -

What makes it definitive? I just got the "standard" version on Amazon for 4.99 last week

#3 Posted by Snugenz (11888 posts) -

It's funny considering the actual definitive version can be had for (probably) under 10 euro atm.

#4 Posted by blackace (20753 posts) -

It sucks. I already have the original game and won't pay $60 for this. If anything, I'll wait for the price to come down under $25 and then grab it on EBay. No one should pay $60 for this game unless they don't have Tomb Raider. Even then, they should wait for a sale or price cut. I got the original Tomb Raider (sealed) for like $32.

#5 Edited by Desmonic (14128 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

Source: Player Essence

What do you make of this? Sounds (almost) like when Square Enix charged $50 for the Wii U version (and that version only mind you) for no good reason.

Eh, expected. Kinda like the GOTY editions being 60$...with the difference that this one won't even have any sort of huge extra content lulz :P

@lostrib said:

What makes it definitive? I just got the "standard" version on Amazon for 4.99 last week

Dem "Next-Gen" graphics brah! Which will still look worse than the PC version :P

#6 Edited by freedomfreak (40646 posts) -

Stupid as hell.

Not like I'm gonna buy it, but it's still overpriced.

#7 Posted by farrell2k (6188 posts) -

Tomb Raider is a $10 game.

#8 Posted by Slashkice (13182 posts) -

I give it a month before it's available for $20.

#9 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42906 posts) -

No thanks.

#10 Edited by kitty (114743 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Stupid as hell.

Not like I'm gonna buy it, but it's still overpriced.

what is the difference between this and the one we already have?

#11 Posted by TheEroica (13548 posts) -

I didn't play Tomb Raider yet and was looking forward to a nice discount for my wait... guess not :(

#12 Posted by lostrib (37046 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

I didn't play Tomb Raider yet and was looking forward to a nice discount for my wait... guess not :(

get it on PC?

#13 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7895 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

@freedomfreak said:

Stupid as hell.

Not like I'm gonna buy it, but it's still overpriced.

what is the difference between this and the one we already have?

It looks nicer and has a little content for a mode you'll never play.

#14 Edited by SolidTy (43396 posts) -

While the pricing is stupid, it's not surprising at all. It's a quick cash grab.

I also wasn't interested in this version anyways as I've seen new copies for this game across PC-PS360 for less than $10.

Of course, if one did want this title cheap, all they would have to do is wait a year...which I assume they are used too if they haven't played Tomb Raider yet and wanted to play it.

#15 Edited by _Matt_ (8911 posts) -

That's a bit cheeky since it is essentially the same game they released an entire year earlier.

#16 Posted by bbkkristian (14953 posts) -

Yeah major screw that. But I wonder if it's gonna sell well because there is so little to play on next gen titles. I have a funny feeling that will happen.

#17 Posted by TheEroica (13548 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@TheEroica said:

I didn't play Tomb Raider yet and was looking forward to a nice discount for my wait... guess not :(

get it on PC?

I actually have it on PC... haha. I was just looking forward to playing an upres'd console version. Weird I know...

#18 Posted by kitty (114743 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@2ndwonder said:

@freedomfreak said:

Stupid as hell.

Not like I'm gonna buy it, but it's still overpriced.

what is the difference between this and the one we already have?

It looks nicer and has a little content for a mode you'll never play.

I see. Well in that case, I'll ignore this and move on. :P I already have it for pc, but was wondering if I should bite on the console version, since I'm a fan of the games and would be willing to play through it again.

#19 Edited by GhettoBlastin92 (1147 posts) -

While I want to get it, 60 bucks is ridiculous. Especially since you can get the ps3/360/pc versions for like 5-10 bucks now...

#20 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3579 posts) -

They ruined Lara's face. No thanks.

#21 Edited by freedomfreak (40646 posts) -
@princessgomez92 said:

They ruined Lara's face. No thanks.

:happyos:

#22 Edited by vincent380 (2243 posts) -

The graphics don't even look that great IMO.

#23 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

No thanks.

#24 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3579 posts) -

@freedomfreak:

More like Tomb Raider: Where We Ruin Lara's Face When We Didn't Need to Change Anything Edition.

#25 Edited by freedomfreak (40646 posts) -
@princessgomez92 said:

More like Tomb Raider: Where We Ruin Lara's Face When We Didn't Need to Change Anything Edition.

Preach!

#26 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

That's a bit much now, greedy fuckers

#27 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

LOL @Crystal Dynamics trying so hard to re-establish Lara Crofts relevance. We can beat the next gen Uncharted to the market now can we, sure lets release a game we already released again on next gen cause people liked our slightly upgraded uncharted clone. We wanna make Lara face of games again, give her hair shampoo TressFX and a cold killer habbit, that should do it. They are really confused in that studio, thats for sure

#28 Edited by K1ngd0m4g3rul3z (178 posts) -

It's a s*** game anyway.

#29 Edited by Slashkice (13182 posts) -
@princessgomez92 said:

They ruined Lara's face. No thanks.

Eh, she looks worse in some shots, but nicer in others. This is one of the better ones I think:

#30 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3579 posts) -

Even worse than I remember. :no:

#31 Posted by stereointegrity (10725 posts) -

not paying 60 bucks for something that was 3 dollars on a steam sale last week

#32 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

Like the new face. I'll purchase this when it dips to 30-40 on Amazon.

#33 Posted by silversix_ (14651 posts) -

Ripoff. Mediocre moaning simulator for $60....... Worst deal of 2014.

#34 Edited by foxhound_fox (88439 posts) -

@lostrib said:

What makes it definitive? I just got the "standard" version on Amazon for 4.99 last week

Likely the "GOTY Edition" for a game that didn't win any GOTY awards.

#35 Posted by Big_Pecks (5317 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@lostrib said:

What makes it definitive? I just got the "standard" version on Amazon for 4.99 last week

Likely the "GOTY Edition" for a game that didn't win any GOTY awards.

To be fair, it was against intense competition this year.

#36 Posted by Ghost120x (3897 posts) -

LOL. Got the game on ps3 last month for $12, and to think I was going to get it again because the game was amazing.

For 39.99? maybe. For 19.99? yes. For 59.99? Hell no!

#37 Posted by K1ngd0m4g3rul3z (178 posts) -

@Ghost120x said:

LOL. Got the game on ps3 last month for $12, and to think I was going to get it again because the game was amazing.

For 39.99? maybe. For 19.99? yes. For 59.99? Hell no!

Well , the PS3 version looks horrible though

#38 Edited by foxhound_fox (88439 posts) -

@Big_Pecks said:

To be fair, it was against intense competition this year.

Had it come out other years with less competition, it wouldn't have won many then either. Other than the graphics, it was a severe downgrade from past Tomb Raider games.

#39 Posted by K1ngd0m4g3rul3z (178 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@Big_Pecks said:

To be fair, it was against intense competition this year.

Had it come out other years with less competition, it wouldn't have won many then either. Other than the graphics, it was a severe downgrade from past Tomb Raider games.

And from past Uncharted games.

#40 Posted by Ghost120x (3897 posts) -
@k1ngd0m4g3rul3z said:

@Ghost120x said:

LOL. Got the game on ps3 last month for $12, and to think I was going to get it again because the game was amazing.

For 39.99? maybe. For 19.99? yes. For 59.99? Hell no!

Well , the PS3 version looks horrible though

It's not that bad for what I paid for it. The game looked okay to me, it could use some AA though.

#41 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (7418 posts) -

lol, they're pulling a Deus Ex.

#42 Edited by Big_Pecks (5317 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@Big_Pecks said:

To be fair, it was against intense competition this year.

Had it come out other years with less competition, it wouldn't have won many then either. Other than the graphics, it was a severe downgrade from past Tomb Raider games.

It probably would have been one of the best games in 2012, for example. Not actual GOTY but people would know it more.

#43 Posted by Gue1 (10029 posts) -

the definitive rip-off. I don't think any amount of hair physics, resolution or AA would be worth the price tag.

#44 Edited by foxhound_fox (88439 posts) -

@Big_Pecks said:

It probably would have been one of the best games in 2012, for example. Not actual GOTY but people would know it more.

When it came out people were quite feverishly talking about it. The lack of people talking about it now is a testament to their disappointment. As far as I'm concerned, it wasn't even remotely GOTY material, I couldn't barely get through an hour of the game. And I beat Uncharted 2 and enjoyed it.

#45 Posted by NFJSupreme (5378 posts) -

lol straight money grab. Definitive version is on PC for like 10 bucks on holiday sales right now.

#46 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7895 posts) -

@Slashkice said:
@princessgomez92 said:

They ruined Lara's face. No thanks.

Eh, she looks worse in some shots, but nicer in others. This is one of the better ones I think:

She's gorgeous. Such a beautiful face.

#47 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@Slashkice said:
@princessgomez92 said:

They ruined Lara's face. No thanks.

Eh, she looks worse in some shots, but nicer in others. This is one of the better ones I think:

Until you notice the right eyeball.

#48 Edited by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

@foxhound_fox: so to add some more positive attitude. TR was my GOTY, until ACIV.

#49 Edited by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

@Cranler: what is wrong with right eye? She's not facing the camera straight on so if your issue is how it doesn't look like the left than you need a better understanding of perspective.

#50 Edited by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

I did enjoy the PS3 version at lot. But for the equivalent for $60.00 I think I'll just rent it.

That said it's good that the £35.00 vita version of Angry Birds has some competition as the worst price game in the world.