Tomb Raider compared to DR3 by Phil Spencer? 360/X1/PC?

• 145 results
#2 Posted by lostrib (34476 posts) -

Well the important thing is that it's not exclusive

#3 Posted by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

ewwww, i may not be the best with grammar out there. But PS spell a sentence with "2" in it....

#5 Posted by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@b4x said:

If I was MS I would buy the franchise straight out. To spite the fanboys. That's all they are. I would buy ALOT of multi-plats to shut these scums of gaming up. I would buy EA.... Ubisoft..... These ungrateful gamers would have zero games on their fanboy plastic after I was done. I would watch em choke on their tears, and laugh at their stupidity.

yeah, you know what that's called.....

Crashing and burning....With everyone./

#6 Posted by B4X (3624 posts) -

@b4x said:

If I was MS I would buy the franchise straight out. To spite the fanboys. That's all they are. I would buy ALOT of multi-plats to shut these scums of gaming up. I would buy EA.... Ubisoft..... These ungrateful gamers would have zero games on their fanboy plastic after I was done. I would watch em choke on their tears, and laugh at their stupidity.

That's called fanboys get no games. I have all systems - a WiiU.

They would get happy the same way they got mad.

#7 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150329 posts) -

Does that last sentence or so mean they are messing with the developers?

#8 Posted by B4X (3624 posts) -

Seems to me the deal is still being worked on.

#9 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3384 posts) -

That's practically a confirmation of no real development involvement. He's being as vague as possible, while insinuating as best he can.

#10 Posted by GamersJustGame (201 posts) -

@b4x said:

So Microsoft is funding the development and advertising of the game? Well fanboys don't have that excuse anymore. They are helping make the game. Developing / co-developing the game. Possible co-publishing.

I see a Titanfall deal in the future for Tomb Raider. 360/PC/X1.

/thoughts

“Right now we have a relationship with Square and Crystal on publishing the game,” Spencer confirmed. “The exact details of what publishing means and when it gets done are part of that deal - I’m not trying to be opaque about it. We will clearly spend money on marketing the game, there’s no doubt about that. And we do [that] on games where we have very little to do with development, and with games that we fully develop. And we will definitely be spending money on developing the game - I want to make sure that it’s as great as it can be.”

Something tells me MS paid SE to keep Rise Of The Tomb Raider off anything Playstation. Kinda pisses me off.

#11 Posted by B4X (3624 posts) -

That's practically a confirmation of no real development involvement. He's being as vague as possible, while insinuating as best he can.

"And we will definitely be spending money on developing the game - I want to make sure that it’s as great as it can be.”

"definitely" equals vague?

#12 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150329 posts) -

@b4x said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

So then nothing yet? The backlash they got on this deal might make SE and the devs a little squeamish if it isn't under contract yet.

#13 Posted by B4X (3624 posts) -

@b4x said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

So then nothing yet? The backlash they got on this deal might make SE and the devs a little squeamish if it isn't under contract yet.

It might make MS back up the dump truck also? To spite the fanboys.

#14 Posted by Chutebox (36627 posts) -

@b4x said:

Then you'd be out of a job because you lost your company a shit load of money.

#15 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3384 posts) -

@b4x said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

"And we will definitely be spending money on developing the game - I want to make sure that it’s as great as it can be.”

Exclusive DLC at best. Might be like with Destiny, where MS engineers help out with optimizing.

#16 Posted by Chutebox (36627 posts) -

@b4x said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I seriously doubt it. If turning FF to MP didn't stop them, this has no chance.

#17 Edited by B4X (3624 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

You have to spend money to make the money. You're a sports fan. You know that. Inflated superstar contracts fill the seats not 2nd stringers.

Desean Jackson?

#18 Posted by Chutebox (36627 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

You have to spend money to make the money. You're a sports fan. You know that. Inflated superstar contracts fill the seats not 2nd stringers.

Deshawn Jackson?

Have you not paid attention to the 'skins the past 15 or so years? haha

All they have done is spend more than anyone and they've sucked. Hard.

#19 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150329 posts) -

@b4x said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@b4x said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Uh MS is a business. They don't make business decisions based on spite.

#20 Edited by B4X (3624 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

Deshawn Jackson?

That MONEY spent instills hope into the fan base. Just like it does for fans of gaming.

Imagine if no money was spent? Bags on heads and TV black-outs.. with 3/4 filled stadiums.

Same thing with system sales.

#21 Posted by B4X (3624 posts) -

@b4x said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@b4x said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Uh MS is a business. They don't make business decisions based on spite.

List of mergers and acquisitions by Microsoft

Please go on.

#22 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150329 posts) -

@b4x: I don't see anywhere in there that they acquired or merged with anything due to spite. Please do go on....

#23 Posted by Chutebox (36627 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

Deshawn Jackson?

That MONEY spent instills hope into the fan base. Just like it does for fans of gaming.

Imagine if no money was spent? Bags on heads and TV black-outs.. with 3/4 filled stadiums.

I disagree. The money does nothing. It's how they perform (obviously). You could spend a shit ton of money buying all of those publishers/developers. How long until they see anything from it? And that's assuming that the rights to the games continue to generate sales. Not worth it ( and i know it's a really far fetched hypothecial situation.)

#24 Edited by B4X (3624 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@b4x: I don't see anywhere in there that they acquired or merged with anything due to spite. Please do go on....

Some of those mergers and acquisitions crippled companies... put several of them out of business.

Microsoft had sanctions form the Government for years for some of those monopolistic mergers?

/really..... Not trying to start an argument. /but really?

#25 Posted by B4X (3624 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

@b4x said:

Deshawn Jackson?

I disagree. The money does nothing. It's how they perform (obviously). You could spend a shit ton of money buying all of those publishers/developers. How long until they see anything from it? And that's assuming that the rights to the games continue to generate sales. Not worth it ( and i know it's a really far fetched hypothecial situation.)

If you're a TRUE gamer you go where the games go.

#26 Posted by Shewgenja (8466 posts) -

After well over a decade of chest-beating, if Tomb Raider on a timer is all MS manages to pull off, I will laugh until I hiccup and implode from the hiccups. Where's the beef?

#27 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150329 posts) -

@b4x said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Some of those mergers and acquisitions crippled companies... put several of them out of business.

Microsoft had sanctions form the Government for years for some of those monopolistic mergers?

/really..... Not trying to start an argument. but /really?

So? The bottom line is financial. Just because a company didn't survive does not mean the motivation was spite. It's monetary dude.

#28 Posted by parkurtommo (26476 posts) -

He's very good at that.

#29 Posted by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@b4x said:

What.... Yeah the whole games industry would be upset too.....

#30 Edited by B4X (3624 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@b4x said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

So? The bottom line is financial. Just because a company didn't survive does not mean the motivation was spite. It's monetary dude.

Spite in Business = Money

Taking a companies money is the worst kind of smiting in business. It's the SMITE goal. Take their market share leave them penniless. Leave them praying the smiter wants to buy you out after the dust settles.

Stop moving the goals.

#31 Edited by lostrib (34476 posts) -

B4X continues his shilling

#32 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150329 posts) -

@b4x said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@b4x said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Taking a companies money is the worst kind of smiting in business. It's the SMITE goal. Take their market share leave them penniless. Leave them paying the smiter wants to buy you out after the dust settles.

Stop moving the goals.

No. Spite is not a motivator for any company that wants to be financially stable and/or successful.

Stop making up new definitions.

#33 Posted by kuu2 (6967 posts) -

@b4x said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

Well if it doesn't fit the narrative that you are looking for it for sure is vague ;)

Can't wait to get a proper next gen Tomb Raider.

#34 Posted by B4X (3624 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@b4x said:

What.... Yeah the whole games industry would be upset too.....

Like Sega fans? Atari Fans?

Gamers don't worship companies. They move on.

#35 Posted by B4X (3624 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@b4x said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

Well if it doesn't fit the narrative that you are looking for it for sure is vague ;)

Can't wait to get a proper next gen Tomb Raider.

:p

#36 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29105 posts) -

As long as future TR games are on PC I'm okay with it. Why would I ever play a shooter with a controller if I could play it with keyboard/mouse

Also I hope this doesn't mean MS is going to be actively involved in the game's development.

#37 Posted by B4X (3624 posts) -

@b4x said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@b4x said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Taking a companies money is the worst kind of smiting in business. It's the SMITE goal. Take their market share leave them penniless. Leave them paying the smiter wants to buy you out after the dust settles.

Stop moving the goals.

No. Spite is not a motivator for any company that wants to be financially stable and/or successful.

Stop making up new definitions.

/done

Government sanctions can't penetrate. Nothing will.

Hi wall.

#38 Edited by B4X (3624 posts) -

@MlauTheDaft said:

@b4x said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

Exclusive DLC at best. Might be like with Destiny, where MS engineers help out with optimizing.

Now you're just shitting in one hand and wishing in another?

We are going to fund the development and advertise the game for an extra level!!! - "Microsoft official press release"

#39 Posted by Chutebox (36627 posts) -

@b4x:

Ok, but that had zero to do with my comment. MS could buy them, but what are the chances that those IPs keep making money? Or enough money to warrant the deal i nthe first place? Not worth it.

#40 Posted by cainetao11 (16892 posts) -

@MlauTheDaft said:

He's very good at that.

I don't understand how someone saying "we will definitely be spending money on developing the game" was vague at all.

#41 Posted by B4X (3624 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

He's very good at that.

I don't understand how someone saying "we will definitely be spending money on developing the game" was vague at all.

Hey man!! See that goal over there move it!!

Spin for the love of god boys... Spin!!!!

#42 Posted by Chutebox (36627 posts) -

@b4x said:

@cainetao11 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

He's very good at that.

Hey man!! See that goal over there move it!!

Spin for the love of god boys... Spin!!!!

Heh, that's much more than moving the goal posts lol

#43 Posted by jg4xchamp (47347 posts) -

ewwww, i may not be the best with grammar out there. But PS spell a sentence with "2" in it....

Was this rape of the English language intentional?

#44 Edited by B4X (3624 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@b4x:

Ok, but that had zero to do with my comment. MS could buy them, but what are the chances that those IPs keep making money? Or enough money to warrant the deal i nthe first place? Not worth it.

Because gamers go where the games are, fanboys will deny their selves pleasure just to be spiteful. Sounds like an amazing way to live life doesn't it?

To set such stupid rules for oneself. To deprive their selves of the hobby they love "games". Kind of moronic sounding. Wouldn't you agree?

Your brain doesn't work like that? I'm sure you wouldn't just quit gaming altogether?

#45 Edited by cainetao11 (16892 posts) -

@b4x: Do people really not remember the 12 of this month, when this news broke? Threads of butthurt were popping up, and multiple times it was said, if they were publishing or helping in the development it would be ok. So MS confirms in no uncertain terms that they are helping, and some how its vague?

#46 Posted by parkurtommo (26476 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

It wasn't 2 bad.

#47 Posted by B4X (3624 posts) -

@b4x: Do people really not remember the 12 of this month, when this news broke? Threads of butthurt were ppping up, and multiple times it was said, if they were publishing or helping in the development it would be ok. So MS confirms in no uncertain terms that they are helping, and some how its vague?

The fanboy fences have no boundaries. You can just tip your cap at the dumb. :p

#48 Posted by Chutebox (36627 posts) -
@b4x said:

@Chutebox said:

@b4x:

Because gamers go where the games are, fanboys will deny their selves pleasure just to be spiteful. Sounds like an amazing way to live life doesn't it?

To set such stupid rules for oneself. To deprive their selves of the hobby they love "games". Kind of moronic sounding. Wouldn't you agree?

Your brain doesn't work like that? I'm sure you wouldn't just quit gaming altogether?

Of course not, I don't care what console it's on. But you're ignoring everything else lol. There is probably a good chance that it doesn't pay financially for MS.

#49 Posted by RR360DD (11611 posts) -

Poor PS4 :(

#50 Posted by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

Wouldn't you like to know?