Tomb Raider @ 60fps on PS4, 18fps drops on XB1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#351  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Tessellation said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Tessellation said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Tessellation said:

the virginity and basement dwelling from the upset camp aka cows is off the chartz watch them getting hard ons over electronic pieces of plastic and few differences over games,sad little nerds LOL

yeah must be hard for you to believe you're not in love with pieces of plastic.

Oh, the irony.

And when you thought basement dwellers and nerds weren't enough,a butthurt weeaboo appears lol,damn the original comment sure is rustling some jimmies LMAO.

How's that green card working out for ya?

I kind of understand why you're so obsessed with basements now. I'm sorry for being so cruel to you in the past I honestly had no Idea of the issues you were dealing with.

BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#353 BlessedChill
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

The poster Tesslation just screams insecurity.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Tessellation said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Tessellation said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Tessellation said:

the virginity and basement dwelling from the upset camp aka cows is off the chartz watch them getting hard ons over electronic pieces of plastic and few differences over games,sad little nerds LOL

Oh, the irony.

And when you thought basement dwellers and nerds weren't enough,a butthurt weeaboo appears lol,damn the original comment sure is rustling some jimmies LMAO.

I kind of understand why you're so obsessed with basements now. I'm sorry for being so cruel to you in the past I honestly had no Idea of the issues you were dealing with.

damn that act of desperation from the butthurt weeaboo is to make offensive and racist comments,poor guy i know i get under your skin but there is no need to go that low brah.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Wow, lems are fucking bereft ITT. Even Shitbat can't defend this. So good to see.

@StriateEnd said:

Wth is the point of this console?

Shit first party? Check

Weak console? Check

Shitty motion sensing? Check

Ugly? Check

Dumb name? Check

Rival console is better in every way imaginable? Check

Why do you exist XBox One?

Bu bu but Ryse!

BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By BlessedChill

@ReadingRainbow4: I'm sorry but any kind of person that correlates ones hobby(s) interests to assuming other aspects of that person's life is a sad individual whom clearly lacks in the accusations they claim.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361  Edited By Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

@BlessedChill said:

there there desperate one,here's your piece of attention lol,your jimmies sure rustled that's why you keep making countless of comments attacking me LOL.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#362 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@Shewgenja: For lems like navyguy21 it never gets old. He'll keep on defending his Xbone like it's his gf for the next decade if he has too. Everyone that is reasonable has resigned to the fact that PS4 will be getting the better looking multiplats throughout this gen due to the extra horsepower it has.

The xbots have to defend the illogical choice they made. It would be like dating a fat ugly girl and you would have to defend your illogical choice because otherwise you would be forced to admit your taste and self confidence sucks. Xbots know that the xflop cost more. They know it's weaker. They know Sony has better 1st party games. They know psn plus cost less and has free games. They know the ps4 has shown multiplats will be better by alot.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@Shewgenja: For lems like navyguy21 it never gets old. He'll keep on defending his Xbone like it's his gf for the next decade if he has too. Everyone that is reasonable has resigned to the fact that PS4 will be getting the better looking multiplats throughout this gen due to the extra horsepower it has.

The xbots have to defend the illogical choice they made. It would be like dating a fat ugly girl and you would have to defend your illogical choice because otherwise you would be forced to admit your taste and self confidence sucks. Xbots know that the xflop cost more. They know it's weaker. They know Sony has better 1st party games. They know psn plus cost less and has free games. They know the ps4 has shown multiplats will be better by alot.

Nice analogy. I think you are absolutely right.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@shawn30 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@shawn30 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@shawn30 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@sukraj said:

flopzone

@shawn30 said:

Tomb Raider is a pretty damn good game, so at least this is a discussion over a game that is good. No doubt PS4 hardware is superior to Xbox One hardware, so you'll see things like this. Having said that, the tighter version is on the PS4. But its a good game and worth buying no matter where you get it. I'm a Frames per second guy so this matters. Id rather have it at 900p upscaled and hit that 60 fps more often on the Xbox One. Still, the average public aint gonna give a shit about this same way they don;'t for CoD or BF4. Still, early in the gen and things will get better. This is newsworthy though and for a good game, so its a feather in the PS4 cap. Not nearly enough to make me want to buy the system, but far from a bad thing either.

Come on guys, you can do better damage control than that now.

What damage control? The PS4 version is the better version of the two, and at least this is a good game people are discussing. I might pick this up for the One, but its not enough to make me buy a PS4.

After everything that is known, I don't understand how you can favor the Xbone over PS4.

Oh that's really easy.

1. Fable Legends, Quantum Break, Titanfall, Sunset OverDrive, Project Spark, Killer Instinct season 1 and 2, Forza Horizon 2, and Halo 5 are all games I want far more than anything announced on the PS4.

2. Kinect voice/motions controls for navigating Xbox One features. Its perfectly fine if none of that interests you, but I enjoy using it a great deal for Skype, Xbox Fitness, and just maneuvering from game to TV to app, etc. I don't want a Xbox One without Kinect, period. Its not perfect and it needs work like any app/add-on but its something I use alot and enjoy.

3. Most of my friends game on 360 and all upgraded to Xbox One. I discuss/debate in sales threads and whatever, but at the end of the day I don't care if Sony sells more of if MS sells more. I care about playing the games I want, with the friends I have, and the features that interest me.

4. PS4 is the more powerful system of the two and that can't and won't change. And I don't care because the games I listed in 1. are not on a PS system, and since I only game on consoles I bought the one with the games that interest me. I've enjoyed CoD ghosts on my One in 720p upscaled and couldn't have cared less that the PS4 version is higher resolution because my buds don't have one, aren't playing it, and want Titanfall and Halo far more that losing their mind over 1080p. I don't pause games, take snapshots and then zoom in to see AA or texture blurs. A game is great or its average or it sucks. Resolution wars is a online gaming forum issue. Real world its all about games, your pals and if you care about the price.

5. Going forward I may get sequels to a number of my fav games from last gen like Crackdown and Gears of War. Likely both will only be on Xbox One.

6. Xbox Fitness is fantastic, period.

PS4 overall seems like a very simple gaming focused system, and I want my console to feature much more than just games because 400 and 500 bucks aren't cheap. One is cheaper, definitely, but doesn't do everything I'm interested in like the more expensive one does. Again, its all a matter of taste. The PS4 feels like a souped up PS3 to me, and that's not nearly enough across the board. I don't hold Sony or MS to any degree of trust outside of the fact that they both want my money and have both done a world of shady shit in the past. All that anti consumer BS and shady YouTube crap is lost on me as Sony has done just as much, same as Apple, Samsung, McDonalds, ect. If a company produces something I like I will buy it. But I hold no allusion that they care about anything other than my money, or that there are things they wont do to get ahead, lol. Others feel different and that's cool. Opinions are like assholes, everybody got one, lol.

But Those are the reasons I chose the One and why I think for me and my tastes its a far better system than the PS4.

I understand. And I respect your opinion.

But now I'll ask of you to be objective and only look at the facts, then what console is the best?

That means ignore that all of your friends got an Xbox,...

Let's look at the facts:

PS4:

*stronger

*cheaper

*strong first party support

Xbone:

*kinect

*weaker

*more expensive

What do you think?

PS4: Stronger

Xbox One: Better games

PS4: Cheaper

Xbox One: More features I enjoy

PS4: Owns more first party studios

Xbox One: Has better line-up going forward

PS4: Better third party performance

The only one of those things I care about on the PS4 side is the last one. That's a big one, but how big in terms of actual game enjoyment. I like, but I don't love Uncharted. I love God of War, but not more than Halo. A new TLOU might swing me to buy a PS4 someday, but thats a long time off. I've been playing the One since launch, and have gotten time in with the PS4. I dont see a gigantic difference with my own two eyes. But I see games for one I want far more than games for the other. If more people buy PS4 thats fine. Buy what you like. The Xbox One can't win a specs war with the PS4. That's obvious. Doesn't mean it wont have games with amazing graphics, or that it can't have the better games period, which I think it does. MS hasn't shown how the Cloud will do anything yet, so they will be laughed at until they do, rightfully so. But if I'm playing Titanfall and Halo 5 at 720p locked 60 frames, and Mass Effect comes oyt for the One, and Crackdown is made, lol, I'll live with the online humor of memes and gifs and shit. I'm about the games and features, not the specs. If I was about the specs I wouldn't console game at all cause no console will ever eclipse a PC.

hahahaha lembots are sad

This actually made me laugh of loud

BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By BlessedChill

@Tessellation: I would understand if your comments are meant to "troll" but, to be legitimately serious..... That's absolutely pathetic.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

I think I'll just leave this here

D4RKL1NG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367  Edited By D4RKL1NG
Member since 2012 • 290 Posts

Lems resorting to personal attacks now..I take it we're on the 'anger' phase now?

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

Games & line-up are personal preference and there is no use in debating them. However, given Microsoft's track record of dumping 1st party titles only 4 years after console launch...now they're actually putting resources into making movies and NFL-deals...sounds like confused company to me.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@Tessellation said:

So this your new troll now that PlayStation is without a doubt the superior console again?

Avatar image for unbiasedgamergs
UnbiasedGamerGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#370 UnbiasedGamerGS
Member since 2014 • 32 Posts

@Tessellation said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Tessellation said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Tessellation said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Tessellation said:

Oh, the irony.

damn that act of desperation from the butthurt weeaboo is to make offensive and racist comments,poor guy i know i get under your skin but there is no need to go that low brah.

How's that a racial comment? Internet people are just sensitive these days.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@Tessellation said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Tessellation said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Tessellation said:

Oh, the irony.

So any one who calls you on your BS is butthurt? Nice built-in defense mechanism. Actually no it's not and you're a loser!

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Snugenz said:

Blah blah blah, you morons and your ridiculous double standards and now you the king moron with excuses for your shitty double standards, grow the **** up and stop worshiping an inanimate object developed by a company that couldn't give two shits about you.

Look whos talking about double standards he who defends the xbox one,but as soon as its look bad runs and take cover on PC...

Funny thing is you flame sony with the same passion i defend it yet you are not consider a fanboy right.?

I have never once "flamed" Sony and i don't defend the Xbone it's all there in my post history just because i call out moron cows on your bullshit doesn't make me a fan of the Xbox. So with that little fact established we can now add delusional to your repertoire to go along with moronic and hypocritical.

I do love when cows try to make shit up to win an argument, oh wait, that's like 100% of the time.

Oh and as for "hiding behind the PC" i don't need to hide behind my PC, it's my main System and it destroys both the PS4 (which i also own btw) and Xbone. Must suck to be you.

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373  Edited By btk2k2
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

@tormentos said:

@navyguy21 said:

Again, so

MS says there is little difference: Fairy tale spun by CEOs

Sony says "Teh Cell/only possible on PS3: Teh truth cuz sony said so

The situation this gen is entirely comparable to last gen. Early on, PS3 had the weaker multiplats because of the unorthodox architecture. Now its XB1. 360 was easier to program for, now its PS4. PS4 has the better GPU, last gen it was 360.

Bottom line is as devs optimize for move engines and ESRAM, multiplats will be the same........just as they were last gen (later in the cycle). Exclusives will still make use of the system as a whole. PS4 has better specs, but right now, the industry says Ryse is the best looking game. That will surely change, but it proves tech specs dont tell the whole story. PS4 has higher framerates because of the simplicity of its design, NOT because it is more powerful. I have a degree in software develpment (not games, admittedly), i can tell you first hand that the differences arent as big as fanboys are making them out to be.

Hell, even Sony isnt touting hardware this gen as they were last gen. Its like everyone except cows know this. Now, PS4 is my chosen console, but i made that decision because of GAMES and Sonys first party. But i can honestly admit that the XB1 isnt that far behind.

What is unorthodox in the xbox one hardware.?

ESRAM is the only problem there and the xbox 360 had EDRAM which was actually worse than ESRAM which on xbox one is more flexible,the real problem with the xbox one,is the memory structure is not as straight forward as the PS4 memory is.

There is no fixing that unless they make a new xbox one hardware without ESRAM and with GDDR5,DDr3 doesn't have the speed and ESRAM is not suitable for all the data the game has,not everything fit there and demand another approach which will not warranty either that the console perform much better.

Is not even close to be the same as the PS3,the xbox 360 had a stronger GPU,but the PS3 had a stronger CPU that could help the GPU with some task actually freeing GPU resources on the xbox 360 the xenos did almost everything on PS3 Cell did several things the RSX did another it was a case of 2 vs 1,which helped the PS3,the first PS3 games didn't use SPE so performance was bad,but regardless of not using it the power was there to be exploited,the xbox one doesn't have something like that it doesn't have extra power hidden that need to be untap,the xbox one has the same CPU as the PS4 clock 100 mhz faster,even so test show the PS4 CPU out performs it,maybe thanks to the PS4 true HSA nature,the GPU is strong on the PS4 660Gflops which is a bigger gap than what the Xenos had on the RSX.

ESRAM and MOve engines don't produce power,Cell did this is where the difference strike and your argument falls apart the PS4 also have a move engine,is call DMA,then adding to this is the PS4 more custom hardware for compute which will pay of even more latter on.

Ryse is a joke of a game and they have to sacrifice space,resolution to make it look like that,fact is Ryse running on PS4 would look better and be 1080p with faster frames,If Uncharted 4 is build by Sony like Ryse with extremely enclosed areas extreme Fog an been 900p with sub 30 FPS it will look way way better than Ryse,Ryse is a 3rd person game and can even hit 1080p,all it has is great looking models,Killzone SF look just as good,is 1080p and has faster frames.

Every engine running on PS4 runs faster Ryse one is no different,the game is not just make for PS4,there is no this game can't run on PS4 crap,every game the xbox one can run the PS4 can run it with the same visuals or better faster or at higher resolutions while been faster,the PS4 and xbox one have the same CPU and GPU from the same family is GCN the stronger one always performs better.

Yeah your right they has just been saying we have build the most powerful console ever,every time they have a chance.

30 vs 60 is a nice power gap a really nice one,that is not 50% more is 100% more,even 20FPS was over 50%.

That is a VERY simplistic way of looking at it.

A part of me feels like you are open to discussion, but your posting history says otherwise......so im not sure how to proceed.

Im being genuine here. I know that you are a Sony fanboy and you dont try to hide it......which is good.

So do you really want me to explain or are you going to just ignore what i say.

Again, its an honest question, not trying to set you up or be a jerk. I just dont like to waste my time explaining only to have people ignore it because its not what they want to hear. (i apologize if this comes off the wrong way)

Looking at the specs alone then these are the scenarios I was expecting before the consoles launched on the assumption that the ESRAM when utilised in the correct manner would be equivalent to the GDDR5.

a) 900p vs 1080p with frame rate parity

b) 40fps vs 60fps with graphical parity

c) something inbetween the above.

d) total parity in games that do not push the X1 fully.

Now with the information we have it seems that the gap is larger than this in some games (COD 720p vs 1080p, BF4 900p vs 1080p with higher FPS) and as predicted in others (ACIV black Flag 900p vs 1080p with frame rate parity).

Tomb Raider is likely to be in region B in all honesty, if it peaks at 45FPS on the X1 and spends most of its time in the 30's then it will likely average 35FPS and the PS4 version if spending most of its time around the 60's with some dips will probably average around 55FPS which is pretty much bang on the predictions I made when the spec sheets were confirmed to be accurate.

Now the question is will the gap increase or decrease? I think the answer to that depends on the game itself. I do not think the gap will ever be smaller than the first 3 scenarios above provided the developers are pushing the hardware. I expect fewer cases of 720p vs 1080p or 900p vs 1080p with higher frame rates to occur now we are out of the launch window but as we start to move away from cross gen games and games start using engines that take advantage of HSA I can see it widening again.

Lets take scenario where a game is designed and it uses 128 SPs (2 CU's worth) for compute purposes.

On the X1 you have 768 SPs, after the 10% reserve that leave 691 SPs for rendering and compute. Take off the compute and you have 563 SPs for rendering which is 960 GFlops (0.96 TFlops).

On the PS4 you have 1152 SPs, there is no known GPU reserve on the PS4 so after taking off the ones used for compute leaves 1024 SPs for rendering which is 1.64 TFlops.

That gives the PS4 a 71% rendering advantage. Now this is assuming 100% utilisation which is unrealistic in a real world scenario but this just fact puts the X1 further behind because the PS4 has another trick up its sleeve in the form of the 64 job compute queue.

It enables the devs to make the compute jobs smaller so each individual job requires fewer SPs. As rendering is never 100% efficient each CU will have some SPs contained inside unused, if there are enough available for a job to run on they can be utilised. What this will mean is that not only does the PS4 GPU have more brute force power than the X1 GPU but when doing HSA it is likely to be able to achieve a higher utilisation rate making the effect gap between the X1 and the PS4 larger than it already is.

In the scenario above it is possible that the devs can make it so that they have 32 compute jobs which on average use up 4SPs each, on the X1 they are forced to use 4 jobs because that is the maximum size of the queue meaning each job will on average use 32 SPs each making it much harder to fit those jobs around rendering and reducing utilisation of the GPU resources.

I can imagine when devs get to the optimisation stage that they will have a team working on optimising the ESRAM on the X1 and another team working on optimising compute on the PS4 to maximise utilisation.

These comparisons to last gen do not hold because the PS3 and the Xbox 360 had pretty similar amounts of performance in total, what differed is how they achieved it and the PS3 went about it in a much more convoluted way. This time around not only does the X1 have a more convoluted path to reaching optimum performance but it has less performance than the PS4 as well.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

@EG101 said:

@ReadingRainbow4:

So when the 360 ran games at twice the frame rate as the PS3 it was because the PS3 was more complicated (Cell CPU) but now that MS has more complicated HW (Move engines, ESRAM) somehow that doesn't apply. You guys are funny.

The difference is that the PS3 actually was stronger than the 360 but being held back in multiplats because devs didn't want to take the extra time to optimize for it.. The Xbox One on the other hand is significantly weaker than the PS4, while being more complicated HW ON TOP of being weaker. So I don't know what your point is.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@Locutus_Picard said:

Verified sources close to Rocket Chainsaw have detailed performance and rendering quality of both the Xbox One and PlayStation builds of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. And for that we’re thankful. So here it is!

On average:

PlayStation 4 = 60 fps

Xbox One = 30 fps

Yes, the PlayStation 4 build is, on average, twice the framerate of the Xbox One build. Both builds are rendering at native 1080p resolution, and generally look the same in graphical effects (though some minor differences may apply). Performance is a different matter. Both feature unlocked framerates, meaning framerate fluctuates between higher and lower values. The Xbox One build can technically reach around 45 fps, though this performance is generally only achieved during the most empty, simplest environments. For most of your play, and during action scenes, the Xbox One build will sit on around 30 fps. On the other hand, the PlayStation 4 build will attempt to hit 60 fps as often as possible, and does a pretty good job of doing so, but does have slight dips under 60 fps during certain scenarios.

So there it is. Both 1080p. PlayStation 4 = 60fps solid. Xbox One = ~30fps with drops, we’ve confirmed it on our end, and confirmation for the rest of the world is only a week away.

BOOMv2.0

BOOM

So both of them have shitty fluctuating framerates. Just that one is slightly less shitty. Uh...congrats?

It's more of the bullsh#t we saw with Killzone Shadow Fall: supposedly 60fps, but in reality averages in the 40s and fluctuates all over the place.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@shawn30 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@shawn30 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@sukraj said:

flopzone

@shawn30 said:

Tomb Raider is a pretty damn good game, so at least this is a discussion over a game that is good. No doubt PS4 hardware is superior to Xbox One hardware, so you'll see things like this. Having said that, the tighter version is on the PS4. But its a good game and worth buying no matter where you get it. I'm a Frames per second guy so this matters. Id rather have it at 900p upscaled and hit that 60 fps more often on the Xbox One. Still, the average public aint gonna give a shit about this same way they don;'t for CoD or BF4. Still, early in the gen and things will get better. This is newsworthy though and for a good game, so its a feather in the PS4 cap. Not nearly enough to make me want to buy the system, but far from a bad thing either.

Come on guys, you can do better damage control than that now.

What damage control? The PS4 version is the better version of the two, and at least this is a good game people are discussing. I might pick this up for the One, but its not enough to make me buy a PS4.

After everything that is known, I don't understand how you can favor the Xbone over PS4.

Oh that's really easy.

1. Fable Legends, Quantum Break, Titanfall, Sunset OverDrive, Project Spark, Killer Instinct season 1 and 2, Forza Horizon 2, and Halo 5 are all games I want far more than anything announced on the PS4.

2. Kinect voice/motions controls for navigating Xbox One features. Its perfectly fine if none of that interests you, but I enjoy using it a great deal for Skype, Xbox Fitness, and just maneuvering from game to TV to app, etc. I don't want a Xbox One without Kinect, period. Its not perfect and it needs work like any app/add-on but its something I use alot and enjoy.

3. Most of my friends game on 360 and all upgraded to Xbox One. I discuss/debate in sales threads and whatever, but at the end of the day I don't care if Sony sells more of if MS sells more. I care about playing the games I want, with the friends I have, and the features that interest me.

4. PS4 is the more powerful system of the two and that can't and won't change. And I don't care because the games I listed in 1. are not on a PS system, and since I only game on consoles I bought the one with the games that interest me. I've enjoyed CoD ghosts on my One in 720p upscaled and couldn't have cared less that the PS4 version is higher resolution because my buds don't have one, aren't playing it, and want Titanfall and Halo far more that losing their mind over 1080p. I don't pause games, take snapshots and then zoom in to see AA or texture blurs. A game is great or its average or it sucks. Resolution wars is a online gaming forum issue. Real world its all about games, your pals and if you care about the price.

5. Going forward I may get sequels to a number of my fav games from last gen like Crackdown and Gears of War. Likely both will only be on Xbox One.

6. Xbox Fitness is fantastic, period.

PS4 overall seems like a very simple gaming focused system, and I want my console to feature much more than just games because 400 and 500 bucks aren't cheap. One is cheaper, definitely, but doesn't do everything I'm interested in like the more expensive one does. Again, its all a matter of taste. The PS4 feels like a souped up PS3 to me, and that's not nearly enough across the board. I don't hold Sony or MS to any degree of trust outside of the fact that they both want my money and have both done a world of shady shit in the past. All that anti consumer BS and shady YouTube crap is lost on me as Sony has done just as much, same as Apple, Samsung, McDonalds, ect. If a company produces something I like I will buy it. But I hold no allusion that they care about anything other than my money, or that there are things they wont do to get ahead, lol. Others feel different and that's cool. Opinions are like assholes, everybody got one, lol.

But Those are the reasons I chose the One and why I think for me and my tastes its a far better system than the PS4.

I understand. And I respect your opinion.

But now I'll ask of you to be objective and only look at the facts, then what console is the best?

That means ignore that all of your friends got an Xbox,...

Let's look at the facts:

PS4:

*stronger

*cheaper

*strong first party support

Xbone:

*kinect

*weaker

*more expensive

What do you think?

PS4: Stronger

Xbox One: Better games

PS4: Cheaper

Xbox One: More features I enjoy

PS4: Owns more first party studios

Xbox One: Has better line-up going forward

PS4: Better third party performance

The only one of those things I care about on the PS4 side is the last one. That's a big one, but how big in terms of actual game enjoyment. I like, but I don't love Uncharted. I love God of War, but not more than Halo. A new TLOU might swing me to buy a PS4 someday, but thats a long time off. I've been playing the One since launch, and have gotten time in with the PS4. I dont see a gigantic difference with my own two eyes. But I see games for one I want far more than games for the other. If more people buy PS4 thats fine. Buy what you like. The Xbox One can't win a specs war with the PS4. That's obvious. Doesn't mean it wont have games with amazing graphics, or that it can't have the better games period, which I think it does. MS hasn't shown how the Cloud will do anything yet, so they will be laughed at until they do, rightfully so. But if I'm playing Titanfall and Halo 5 at 720p locked 60 frames, and Mass Effect comes oyt for the One, and Crackdown is made, lol, I'll live with the online humor of memes and gifs and shit. I'm about the games and features, not the specs. If I was about the specs I wouldn't console game at all cause no console will ever eclipse a PC.

Points in bold are subjective.

You said "better games", that's purely subjective. For one Xbone offers better games, for another PS4 offers better games. The "more features I enjoy" is also subjective.

"Better line-up" is also subjective, since the line-up for PS4 could be more attractive for someone else. I asked to be 100% objective.

That means looking at pure FACTS. Like PS4 being 100$ less than the Xbone, this is a fact and undebatable. The one having better games or not, is dependable on opinion and not a fact, thus being subjective. You understand?

So I know your subjective view, you've stated it a few times now, which I respect btw.

But I ask you to be objective, so you have to look at it from an unbiased point of view.

Then what is the best?

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

ouch!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@YD_11 said:

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

Hey you tard, how's your PS4? Oh wait, I forgot you don't own one.

Better games is subjective you idiot. MC doesn't prove anything other than someone else has an opinion.

Just as good as yours hypocrite,...

1. FIFA 1490.82%
2. NBA 2K1487.12%
3. Madden NFL 2580.70%
4. Forza Motorsport 579.49%
5. Dead Rising 379.37%
6. Need for Speed: Rivals78.55%
7. Call of Duty: Ghosts77.40%
8. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Freedom Cry77.25%
9. Peggle 276.64%
10. Zumba Fitness World Party

73.60%

1. flower94.17%
2. ZEN Pinball 288.00%
3. FIFA 1487.92%
4. Trine 2: Complete Story86.00%
5. Resogun85.46%
6. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag85.31%
7. Battlefield 485.00%
8. Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition84.58%
9. NBA 2K1484.10%
10. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes82.86%

I don't need one to see which has better games...lol

The PS4 has more games and higher rated ones to,having a PS4 or not change that in nothing...lol

Score is what is use to determine which has better games,you butthurt lemming,else it will be my opinion vs yours...

Lol at the ps4's game list. Flower.. sweet. Pinball.. omgz! I mean really, how sad must it be to be a ps4 owner right now? I suppose you can get by on the multiplats but that doesn't really support any argument over the competition if you can play the same games regardless

Really in what other console Resogun is.?

Is rated 85.56....

Forza 79.49

DR3 79.37

The rest is what multiplatforms.? But how is the PS4 worse when it doesn't have a single 80 or lower game,while the xbox one only has 1 90 which is multiplatforms,2 80 games which are also multiplatforms and the rest are below 80%.

Hey Injustice is not on xbox one and is higher rated than KI,oh and Trines 2 is higher rate on PS4 than on PC and also is not on xbox one..lol

@navyguy21 said:

A part of me feels like you are open to discussion, but your posting history says otherwise......so im not sure how to proceed.

Im being genuine here. I know that you are a Sony fanboy and you dont try to hide it......which is good.

Again, its an honest question, not trying to set you up or be a jerk. I just dont like to waste my time explaining only to have people ignore it because its not what they want to hear. (i apologize if this comes off the wrong way)

Is not very simplistic come on.

The problem with the xbox one is not its CPU or GPU,to the only so call problems is ESRAM but it isn't really if you actually study how the counter part of this GPU will behave on PC.

For example the xbox one has a 7790 GPU inside it,but is lower clocked and has 2 CU less than the PC version,so its flop count isn't as high as the PC counter parts.

On top of this the xbox one has a 10% GPU reservation,which draw even more resources from the ones left.

They basically upclock the CPU and GPU because performance was lacking to much,even after that performance is not that great,and the 10% reservation still there.

The ESRAM has several scenarios with different bandwidths,the best the unit can get is 140 to 150 GB/s.is not as fast as the PS4,but even working at 200Gb/s would make no difference the xbox one doesn't have 1.84 TF it has less so there is no need for it to have such a high bandwidth this is something i explained to Ron to,it could have 300GB/s that would not make that GPU perform like a 7870 because it has more bandwidth.

The 7770 which has 1.28TF almost on par with the xbox one has 72GB/s and the 7790 which is stronger than the xbox one has 96Gb/s so as you can see even stronger GPU than the xbox one has less bandwidth so the issue can't just be ESRAM,even if ESRAM is under performing under 100GB/s still more than the xbox one will need to keep that GPU running.

AMD GPU on PC are a clear indication of how much bandwidth this GPU need,in fact the PS4 bandwidth is there with what a 7870 and 7850 use not more,because it will be a waste.

The xbox one way have a few holes,but what will get from resolving those is not very big,the PS3 scenario was different to this one..

Also non offense taken.:)

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts

Hahaha.

Serves anyone who bought a Bone right.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 kalipekona

@Snugenz said:

@tormentos said:

@Snugenz said:

Blah blah blah, you morons and your ridiculous double standards and now you the king moron with excuses for your shitty double standards, grow the **** up and stop worshiping an inanimate object developed by a company that couldn't give two shits about you.

Look whos talking about double standards he who defends the xbox one,but as soon as its look bad runs and take cover on PC...

Funny thing is you flame sony with the same passion i defend it yet you are not consider a fanboy right.?

I have never once "flamed" Sony and i don't defend the Xbone it's all there in my post history just because i call out moron cows on your bullshit doesn't make me a fan of the Xbox. So with that little fact established we can now add delusional to your repertoire to go along with moronic and hypocritical.

I do love when cows try to make shit up to win an argument, oh wait, that's like 100% of the time.

Oh and as for "hiding behind the PC" i don't need to hide behind my PC, it's my main System and it destroys both the PS4 (which i also own btw) and Xbone. Must suck to be you.

I'm basically the same. I don't own an xbox one and I probably never will. I mostly game on PC, but favor the PS3 and PS4 as far as consoles are concerned.

But cows are such a fcking joke. Such hypocrites and liars. They are almost always the ones talking shit about the PC (and the other consoles), and they use the most horribly illogical arguments and double standards. Hermits, sheep, and lems will argue why they prefer their favorite systems, but they seem to generally have a more live and let live attitude at the end of the day. Cows are just @ssholes. ...to everybody.

I wouldn't mind seeing Apple, Google, Samsung or some other big company enter the console business and simply crush Sony. Just to shut up the stupid cows.

They don't care about resolution and framerate when the PC is in the picture, but when it's the PS4 that has the advantage over the other consoles they suddenly hold those things up on pedestal and pound away at the point as if it was the most important thing in the world.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 tormentos
@kingtito said:

Umm those are opinions you idiot, just like I said. Which games are better depends on the individual. So if I say the XOne games are better, that would be MY opinion and no amount of score posting is going to change that. Dude you're about as dumb as they come.

BTW, how many of those games have you played on your PS4? None, because you don't own one. I can say I played a couple of XOne games though.

Hahahaha.................. Now scores are invalid because they are opinions,after a whole generation of using 360 score to claim supremacy now score don't matter sales don't matter and graphics don't matter...hahaha

My god you have owned your self in Blackace king of level...hahaha

What is next PS4 games don't count, or 1 xbox one game count for 3 PS4 ones.? hahaha

@Tessellation said:

Hahahahaa............... You can taste the tears on this post... hahahaaa

30FPS vs 60 FPS what now.? How many times i told you what would happen and you ignore it.?

But but Kotaku and SuperDae will give new specs wait for it...hahahhaa

But but Tormy old fart...hahahaha

So are you done pretending to be a Hermit already.? hahahahaha

@Tessellation said:

The sweet sweet meltdown...

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@naz99 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@foxhound_fox said:

I'm sure it ran better than that on the 360.

The trade-off is 1080p. The HD 5770 in the XB1 isn't going to do much 1080p @60fps in this gen. It's either 720p@60 or 1080p@30.

Its not a 5770 its the equivalent of a 7790

7790 is 1.79 TF. It's a 5770, 6770 or a 7770.

It's a cut-down 7790 with a very fast AMD Hyper-memory like solution. http://www.amd.com/es/products/technologies/ati-hyper-memory/Pages/ati-hyper-memory.aspx

7770's front end is limited to 1 triangle per clock.

7790's front end is limited to 2 triangle per clock.

X1's GCN front end is limited to 2 triangle per clock.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383  Edited By ronvalencia
@btk2k2 said:

@navyguy21 said:

@tormentos said:

@navyguy21 said:

Again, so

The situation this gen is entirely comparable to last gen. Early on, PS3 had the weaker multiplats because of the unorthodox architecture. Now its XB1. 360 was easier to program for, now its PS4. PS4 has the better GPU, last gen it was 360.

Bottom line is as devs optimize for move engines and ESRAM, multiplats will be the same........just as they were last gen (later in the cycle). Exclusives will still make use of the system as a whole. PS4 has better specs, but right now, the industry says Ryse is the best looking game. That will surely change, but it proves tech specs dont tell the whole story. PS4 has higher framerates because of the simplicity of its design, NOT because it is more powerful. I have a degree in software develpment (not games, admittedly), i can tell you first hand that the differences arent as big as fanboys are making them out to be.

Hell, even Sony isnt touting hardware this gen as they were last gen. Its like everyone except cows know this. Now, PS4 is my chosen console, but i made that decision because of GAMES and Sonys first party. But i can honestly admit that the XB1 isnt that far behind.

ESRAM is the only problem there and the xbox 360 had EDRAM which was actually worse than ESRAM which on xbox one is more flexible,the real problem with the xbox one,is the memory structure is not as straight forward as the PS4 memory is.

There is no fixing that unless they make a new xbox one hardware without ESRAM and with GDDR5,DDr3 doesn't have the speed and ESRAM is not suitable for all the data the game has,not everything fit there and demand another approach which will not warranty either that the console perform much better.

Is not even close to be the same as the PS3,the xbox 360 had a stronger GPU,but the PS3 had a stronger CPU that could help the GPU with some task actually freeing GPU resources on the xbox 360 the xenos did almost everything on PS3 Cell did several things the RSX did another it was a case of 2 vs 1,which helped the PS3,the first PS3 games didn't use SPE so performance was bad,but regardless of not using it the power was there to be exploited,the xbox one doesn't have something like that it doesn't have extra power hidden that need to be untap,the xbox one has the same CPU as the PS4 clock 100 mhz faster,even so test show the PS4 CPU out performs it,maybe thanks to the PS4 true HSA nature,the GPU is strong on the PS4 660Gflops which is a bigger gap than what the Xenos had on the RSX.

ESRAM and MOve engines don't produce power,Cell did this is where the difference strike and your argument falls apart the PS4 also have a move engine,is call DMA,then adding to this is the PS4 more custom hardware for compute which will pay of even more latter on.

Ryse is a joke of a game and they have to sacrifice space,resolution to make it look like that,fact is Ryse running on PS4 would look better and be 1080p with faster frames,If Uncharted 4 is build by Sony like Ryse with extremely enclosed areas extreme Fog an been 900p with sub 30 FPS it will look way way better than Ryse,Ryse is a 3rd person game and can even hit 1080p,all it has is great looking models,Killzone SF look just as good,is 1080p and has faster frames.

Every engine running on PS4 runs faster Ryse one is no different,the game is not just make for PS4,there is no this game can't run on PS4 crap,every game the xbox one can run the PS4 can run it with the same visuals or better faster or at higher resolutions while been faster,the PS4 and xbox one have the same CPU and GPU from the same family is GCN the stronger one always performs better.

Yeah your right they has just been saying we have build the most powerful console ever,every time they have a chance.

30 vs 60 is a nice power gap a really nice one,that is not 50% more is 100% more,even 20FPS was over 50%.

Looking at the specs alone then these are the scenarios I was expecting before the consoles launched on the assumption that the ESRAM when utilised in the correct manner would be equivalent to the GDDR5.

a) 900p vs 1080p with frame rate parity

b) 40fps vs 60fps with graphical parity

c) something inbetween the above.

d) total parity in games that do not push the X1 fully.

Now with the information we have it seems that the gap is larger than this in some games (COD 720p vs 1080p, BF4 900p vs 1080p with higher FPS) and as predicted in others (ACIV black Flag 900p vs 1080p with frame rate parity).

Tomb Raider is likely to be in region B in all honesty, if it peaks at 45FPS on the X1 and spends most of its time in the 30's then it will likely average 35FPS and the PS4 version if spending most of its time around the 60's with some dips will probably average around 55FPS which is pretty much bang on the predictions I made when the spec sheets were confirmed to be accurate.

Now the question is will the gap increase or decrease? I think the answer to that depends on the game itself. I do not think the gap will ever be smaller than the first 3 scenarios above provided the developers are pushing the hardware. I expect fewer cases of 720p vs 1080p or 900p vs 1080p with higher frame rates to occur now we are out of the launch window but as we start to move away from cross gen games and games start using engines that take advantage of HSA I can see it widening again.

Lets take scenario where a game is designed and it uses 128 SPs (2 CU's worth) for compute purposes.

On the X1 you have 768 SPs, after the 10% reserve that leave 691 SPs for rendering and compute. Take off the compute and you have 563 SPs for rendering which is 960 GFlops (0.96 TFlops).

On the PS4 you have 1152 SPs, there is no known GPU reserve on the PS4 so after taking off the ones used for compute leaves 1024 SPs for rendering which is 1.64 TFlops.

That gives the PS4 a 71% rendering advantage. Now this is assuming 100% utilisation which is unrealistic in a real world scenario but this just fact puts the X1 further behind because the PS4 has another trick up its sleeve in the form of the 64 job compute queue.

It enables the devs to make the compute jobs smaller so each individual job requires fewer SPs. As rendering is never 100% efficient each CU will have some SPs contained inside unused, if there are enough available for a job to run on they can be utilised. What this will mean is that not only does the PS4 GPU have more brute force power than the X1 GPU but when doing HSA it is likely to be able to achieve a higher utilisation rate making the effect gap between the X1 and the PS4 larger than it already is.

In the scenario above it is possible that the devs can make it so that they have 32 compute jobs which on average use up 4SPs each, on the X1 they are forced to use 4 jobs because that is the maximum size of the queue meaning each job will on average use 32 SPs each making it much harder to fit those jobs around rendering and reducing utilisation of the GPU resources.

I can imagine when devs get to the optimisation stage that they will have a team working on optimising the ESRAM on the X1 and another team working on optimising compute on the PS4 to maximise utilisation.

These comparisons to last gen do not hold because the PS3 and the Xbox 360 had pretty similar amounts of performance in total, what differed is how they achieved it and the PS3 went about it in a much more convoluted way. This time around not only does the X1 have a more convoluted path to reaching optimum performance but it has less performance than the PS4 as well.

Having multiple hardware compute queues on the GPU reduces the CPU's overhead on maintaining compute queues.

The smallest compute dispatch for GCN is a wavefront dispatch and 8 ACE units doesn't change this.

Each CU can execute instructions from multiple kernels at once.

.AMD's multiple ACE units has similar function as NVIDIA's HyperQ on GK110.

Having multiple hardware queues on the GPU reduces CPU's idle times and increase CPU's focus on other workloads.

Having 8 ACEs units (each has 8 queues) matches 8 CPU cores. 8 ACE unit has 64 queues.

For older GCNs, 2 ACE units are better none.

DonnaTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#384  Edited By DonnaTroy
Member since 2013 • 245 Posts

The Domination has Won.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Tessallation is still on SW? hahahaha still on his virgin spam as well lololol time never changes he must be so mad right now that x1 keeps on failing and failing and failing. But hey! its here to fail for 8-10 years so better got used to it

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 tormentos

@kalipekona said:

I'm basically the same. I don't own an xbox one and I probably never will. I mostly game on PC, but favor the PS3 and PS4 as far as consoles are concerned.

But cows are such a fcking joke. Such hypocrites and liars. They are almost always the ones talking shit about the PC (and the other consoles), and they use the most horribly illogical arguments and double standards. Hermits, sheep, and lems will argue why they prefer their favorite systems, but they seem to generally have a more live and let live attitude at the end of the day. Cows are just @ssholes. ...to everybody.

I wouldn't mind seeing Apple, Google, Samsung or some other big company enter the console business and simply crush Sony. Just to shut up the stupid cows.

They don't care about resolution and framerate when the PC is in the picture, but when it's the PS4 that has the advantage over the other consoles they suddenly hold those things up on pedestal and pound away at the point as if it was the most important thing in the world.

Really so hypocrites Hermits that resolution matter only a PC to defend the xbox one is not a joke.?

So when is PC vs consoles resolution matter,but when the PS4 double the xbox one in resolution is doesn't,you do know several hermits do this right.?

Even sites like Anandtech were hypocrites saying the resolution didn't matter much,this are the same hypocrites that proclaim one GPU the winner of the graphics crown because it can pull 10 FPS more in most games over another GPU on the same resolution,wait even better how Anandtech had an article about you could see the difference in a damn phone screen on 1080p vs 720p...

So you can see the difference in a 4.5 to 5 inch screen but not on a damn 42 Inch TV...

Several hermits here are like that,they bring the strong PC as argument,but when the time comes to compare prices,they want to build the most god awful bottle neck PC out there that would barely beat the PS4,oh and they left parts outside to like windows because you can pirate it...

How the fu** can any one use piracy in an argument to win it,so i spend $450 building a PC without CPU fan,and without windows because i will stole windows instead of paying the almost $100 for it.

PC will always be more powerful,they will always will be more expensive to that is a fact,and they will always be a different market from consoles like it has always been.

Hey by steam stats most PC owners are below PS4 power levels,so cheers for the small sector who does put their money where their mouth is..

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By tormentos
@ronvalencia said:

Larger compute queue reduces the CPU's overhead on maintaining compute queues.

The smallest compute dispatch for GCN is a wavefront dispatch and 8 ACE units doesn't change this.

Tomb Raider 1080p.

Xbox one mostly at 30FPS with spike of 45FPS when nothing is happening.

PS4 mostly at 60FPS with small drops with more intense scenes happen.

Your theories are useless time for reality to kick in,the PS4 is outperforming the xbox one in frames at the same resolution by 100% how the fu** you explain that.

The same happen on Resolution when the xbox one try to keep parity with the PS4 frame wise,the PS4 was 1080p on Ghost the xbox one 720p...

Explain how is this possible because that i know off the 7850 didn't double the 7770 in frames even with better cache bigger buys and faster bandwidth,something is making the PS4 out perform the xbox one badly and nothing you have say that would help the xbox has help it yet.

No move engines,or jit compression,PRT nothing is helping the xbox one...

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388  Edited By -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

XBONE = 720P30FPS BOX

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Larger compute queue reduces the CPU's overhead on maintaining compute queues.

Tomb Raider 1080p.

Xbox one mostly at 30FPS with spike of 45FPS when nothing is happening.

PS4 mostly at 60FPS with small drops with more intense scenes happen.

Your theories are useless time for reality to kick in,the PS4 is outperforming the xbox one in frames at the same resolution by 100% how the fu** you explain that.

The same happen on Resolution when the xbox one try to keep parity with the PS4 frame wise,the PS4 was 1080p on Ghost the xbox one 720p...

Explain how is this possible because that i know off the 7850 didn't double the 7770 in frames even with better cache bigger buys and faster bandwidth,something is making the PS4 out perform the xbox one badly and nothing you have say that would help the xbox has help it yet.

No move engines,or jit compression,PRT nothing is helping the xbox one...

Xbox One's Tomb Raider DE result is within the 1080p/30fps expectation. For 60 fps target, X1 must reduce it's resolution.

I have already stated PC's COD Ghost is CU bound i.e. CU count can estimate frame rates that roughly matches it's real life Radeon HD SKU counterpart. On similar workloads, it's a no brainer that a GPU having 30 fps at 1080p will result in lesser resolution/less details for 60 fps target.

The reason I use the prototype 7850 (with 12 active CUs) is to show that the same memory bandwidth and size doesn't fix the lesser CU count GPU.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@tormentos: I agreed. I didn't think 720P and 1080P will make any different with phone but when I look at Galaxy S3 vs my friend Galaxy S4 I can see a big different with sharpness, so to say that you can't tell the different with a 40 inches TV is total BS

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 tormentos
@ronvalencia said:

Xbox One's Tomb Raider DE result is within the 1080p/30fps expectation. For 60 fps target, X1 must reduce it's resolution.

I have already stated PC's COD Ghost is CU bound i.e. CU count can estimate frame rates that roughly matches it's real life Radeon HD SKU counterpart. It's a no brainer.

How do you explain the PS4 having a 100% advantage in frames..

Is the xbox one under performing under its own specs,or is the PS4 hardware design is actually the difference bigger.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 tormentos
@ni6htmare01 said:

@tormentos: I agreed. I didn't think 720P and 1080P will make any different with phone but when I look at Galaxy S3 vs my friend Galaxy S4 I can see a big different with sharpness, so to say that you can't tell the different with a 40 inches TV is total BS

Yep my wise has a galaxy S4 to and you can see the difference,i don't know why people pretend you can see it on 40 inch TV,i have been seeing it since 2006.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 kalipekona

@tormentos said:

@kalipekona said:

Really so hypocrites Hermits that resolution matter only a PC to defend the xbox one is not a joke.?

So when is PC vs consoles resolution matter,but when the PS4 double the xbox one in resolution is doesn't,you do know several hermits do this right.?

Even sites like Anandtech were hypocrites saying the resolution didn't matter much,this are the same hypocrites that proclaim one GPU the winner of the graphics crown because it can pull 10 FPS more in most games over another GPU on the same resolution,wait even better how Anandtech had an article about you could see the difference in a damn phone screen on 1080p vs 720p...

So you can see the difference in a 4.5 to 5 inch screen but not on a damn 42 Inch TV...

Several hermits here are like that,they bring the strong PC as argument,but when the time comes to compare prices,they want to build the most god awful bottle neck PC out there that would barely beat the PS4,oh and they left parts outside to like windows because you can pirate it...

How the fu** can any one use piracy in an argument to win it,so i spend $450 building a PC without CPU fan,and without windows because i will stole windows instead of paying the almost $100 for it.

PC will always be more powerful,they will always will be more expensive to that is a fact,and they will always be a different market from consoles like it has always been.

Hey by steam stats most PC owners are below PS4 power levels,so cheers for the small sector who does put their money where their mouth is..

Your first sentence is gibberish. It makes no sense.

Anyway, resolution always matters to me. I'm consistent about it. You cows are the ones that are inconsistent and hypocritical about it, which was exactly my point.

I'm not arguing for the xbox one or saying that a lower resolution or framerate is better. I'm saying that biased cows like you constantly move the goal posts to suit your current pro-sony agenda.

I also don't believe for a second that the PS4 version has double the frame rate as the Xbox One version. Even the "insider" didn't claim that. He said they both have unlocked, fluctuating frame rates, with the PS4 sticking closer to 60fps and the Xbox one closer to 30fps. In reality, once actual frame analysis is done, I am willing to bet that the difference will be less pronounced than you cows assume. The PS4 version will probably average around something like 52fps and the Xbox One somewhere around 38fps, for example.

So the PS4 version's frame rate is better than the Xbox One's, but they are both shitty in my opinion. With the frame rate being unlocked and fluctuating up and down there is going to be a lot of judder in both versions. Even the gameplay video they showed of the PS4 version had clear judder going on.

en → es
Xbox
StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

Different devs confirmed: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/24/tomb-raider-definitive-edition-ps4-and-xbox-one-had-different-devs

Also, I'd take the Kinect and voice additions over the DS4 lighting up, but that's a personal preference.

Still 60 vs 45 FPS, Sony's console shows that it is a bit stronger - but still not to the level that cows say it is...

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@tormentos said:

@kalipekona said:

Still QQ'ing I see.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

I have already stated PC's COD Ghost is CU bound i.e. CU count can estimate frame rates that roughly matches it's real life Radeon HD SKU counterpart. It's a no brainer.

How do you explain the PS4 having a 100% advantage in frames..

Is the xbox one under performing under its own specs,or is the PS4 hardware design is actually the difference bigger.

You can only make that claim if X1 is locked on 30 fps and PS4 is locked on 60 fps at the same scene. Wait until the eurogamer shows it's gameplay fps timeline graph comparison i.e. "45 fps" is a problem.

On gfx, we can say PS4 version superior to X1.

@ni6htmare01 said:

Are they running the same Android 4.3?

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

@tormentos said:

@navyguy21 said:

Again, so

So you are saying someone needs to use mental gymnastics in order to come to the conclusion you want to believe?

There really isn't anything else to factor into this debate other than specs and results at this point. When the 360 first beat PS3 in results last gen in multiplat game performance, PS3 still had specs on it's side for people to make logical arguments as to why that was not the end of graphics and performance argument; and it wasn't.

With PS4 vs Xbox1, we see results of PS4 destroying xbox1 in performance with multiplatform games (1080 vs 720/ 60fps vs 30fps) but there is no spec argument to be made for xbox1 to suggest it will do any better, All the specs point to PS4 being the superior system (by around 30% to 50% no less) and all the results point to the same conclusion.

This, very simplistic way of looking at things, you mention seems to be the only logical way any normal objective person would look at it. Hopes and wishes aren't' valid arguments when trying to make a point. Like it or not everything tormentos said was based off facts backed up by real world results.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 tormentos
@BlessedChill said:

He is just having one of his epic meltdowns,he had several before launch when the specs of the xbox one were leak,he fiercely believed that Kotaku and SuperDae would come with new specs for the xbox one,(720 back then) because SuperDae which also was a Supper lemming tricked people into believing he have something new.

When the time came and SuperDae spill all the beans it was the same spec with just a few minor craps that wasn't know and that in nothing changed the specs.

Tessellation banish from the forum for days when it was confirmed that Kotaku specs were the same already leak..hahaha

Then he re appear calling every one butthurt Virgin basement dwellers,every time without even making an argument and that is all he is now,he doesn't argue any more he just come with a huge damage control into threads like this and attack people without quoting in a general manner without making a single point,the poor sad fellow is devastate by having to pay more and get less.

Can you believe he actually try to pretend he was a hermit.? hahahahaha

@Snugenz said:

Maybe you confuse me with some new trolls here i have been here before you were i know your angle bro...

So stop your i don't flame sony charade you look stupid how many time i have argue with you.?

@StormyJoe said:

Different devs confirmed: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/24/tomb-raider-definitive-edition-ps4-and-xbox-one-had-different-devs

Also, I'd take the Kinect and voice additions over the DS4 lighting up, but that's a personal preference.

Still 60 vs 45 FPS, Sony's console shows that it is a bit stronger - but still not to the level that cows say it is...

Is not 60 vs 45 is mostly 60FPS vs mostly 30FPS the 45 spike are when nothing is happening on the game,mostly it will run at 30 that is what is been say,in fact your own link talk about the xbox one version as 30 FPS.

Considering how much you argue me about this is a joke that you try to minimize the xbox one impact in frames.

So as much as 30 FPS it feels so great to be right...I told you so...

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:

@kalipekona said:

Have you counted the percentage on PC GPU types > PS4's GPU from 75 million steam users?

NVIDIA: 660 Ti or greater. 760 or greater.

AMD: 7870 GE or greater. R9-270 or greater.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos:

OK, one last time: I can't stop you from responding to my threads, but I am not going to reply to yours. You are a quintessential cow. You ignore or denounce evidence that contradicts your opinions, even when they are by the same sources you covet in other threads. You take parts of news stories that fit your fancy, and act as though they are the whole picture. Case in point is this thread - you are over exaggerating the numbers to make your case - how very typical of you.

So, have fun posting with other people, but I don't have the time or patience to deal with such a fanatic fanboy zealot.