Tomb Raider @ 60fps on PS4, 18fps drops on XB1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Edited by mooooo99 (1245 posts) -

meh, i liked this game, got the collectors edition for the ps3, will still pick it up for the ps4.

#202 Posted by ni6htmare01 (922 posts) -

SW lately has become COW Armies vs 3 to 4 die heart Lems. lol I'm waiting for those lems to show up to make this thread more fun, so far is one sided only lol

#203 Edited by sukraj (22308 posts) -

I cant wait to play 30fps on my shiny new xbox one screw all u haterz.

#204 Posted by HerzogJan (424 posts) -

@sukraj said:

I cant wait to play 30fps on my shiny new xbox one screw all u haterz.

Good for you man.

#205 Posted by MonsieurX (29731 posts) -

Funny how tables have turned this gen and cows claiming super ownage on multiplats and act like they were the best thing ever

#206 Posted by Tighaman (780 posts) -

I'm glad to see its 60fps on the Ps4 but sad to see it can't be locked no both but sad to see it not even hitting 50fps on x1 but I understand devs still not using the x1 arch fully hopefully we can get off these cross platform engines and people start fully taking advantage of it but I can see some low budget but great games coming to both systems that will never take full advantage of the x1 and that will be a lot of owning and bad for the x1 clubhouse.

#207 Posted by lglz1337 (3229 posts) -
#208 Posted by tormentos (17317 posts) -

@btk2k2 said:

This is something I have been saying since before the systems were released but Stormy, Ron etc did not really want to listen. I said developers would be on a scale, some would use the additional power in the PS4 to improve graphics (COD 720p vs 1080p), some would slightly improve graphics and also slightly improve frame rate (BF4 720p vs 900p with a 10FPS advantage) and others would go for graphical parity but better frame rates (Tomb Raider 30fps vs 60fps).

To be honest though I thought the differences would be more like 900p vs 1080p for pure graphical differences (more like ACIV Black Flag) than they are in the majority of games. There will also be exceptions where the games are pretty much the same such as sports titles or indies but that will always be the best case scenario for the Xbox 1.

I hate to say it but to those lems who would not listen. I told you so.

Exactly Stormy even accuse me of increasing the frame rates every time i told him that the xbox one vs the PS4 at the same resolution will yield 20+ frames per second difference,he accuse me of been a fanboy and claim the difference would only be 3 to 5 frames..lol

I wonder where is he now,and Ronvalencia even worse every time i posted a benchmark and say the difference would be more or less that,he started say the 7790 and 7770 didn't represent the xbox one,ESRAM bandwidth and bus and caches..

I can't really remember how many times i told him that all that crap was useless at the end,and the higher flop margin will still the PS4 the lead.

The Xbox One is going to be harder to code for with its architecture. This sounds like lazy developing to me. A minimalistic approach with no effort to try and maximize profits.

Mark Cerny's approach to the PS4 development is proving to be a more effective approach to design of a console. Easier to code from the get go.

Will be interesting to see how this generation plays out.

No matter how hard a PC developer try the 7770 will never beat the 7850,it is the same with the PS4 and xbox one,no matter what there will always be a difference is not lack of trying of been lazy,even Activision Mark Rubin stated that for COD Ghots and use as example other games on xbox one that are 720p,Including BF4 and he even name Titanfall as been 720p.

According to Cows the X1 cant do 1080p. Wasn't Forza just a fluke? LOL.

Just a reminder that KZ:SF claims to be 60fps but is anything but.

The xbox one can do 1080p and i have say it many time,but with what accepts an at what frames per second is the question.

If both version run at 1080p the PS4 will be faster,double the FPS is huge the 7970 doesn't have that over the 7870 at the same quality...

#209 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6191 posts) -
#210 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

@sukraj said:

flopzone

@shawn30 said:

Tomb Raider is a pretty damn good game, so at least this is a discussion over a game that is good. No doubt PS4 hardware is superior to Xbox One hardware, so you'll see things like this. Having said that, the tighter version is on the PS4. But its a good game and worth buying no matter where you get it. I'm a Frames per second guy so this matters. Id rather have it at 900p upscaled and hit that 60 fps more often on the Xbox One. Still, the average public aint gonna give a shit about this same way they don;'t for CoD or BF4. Still, early in the gen and things will get better. This is newsworthy though and for a good game, so its a feather in the PS4 cap. Not nearly enough to make me want to buy the system, but far from a bad thing either.

Come on guys, you can do better damage control than that now.

What damage control? The PS4 version is the better version of the two, and at least this is a good game people are discussing. I might pick this up for the One, but its not enough to make me buy a PS4.

#211 Posted by tormentos (17317 posts) -

@Tighaman said:

I'm glad to see its 60fps on the Ps4 but sad to see it can't be locked no both but sad to see it not even hitting 50fps on x1 but I understand devs still not using the x1 arch fully hopefully we can get off these cross platform engines and people start fully taking advantage of it but I can see some low budget but great games coming to both systems that will never take full advantage of the x1 and that will be a lot of owning and bad for the x1 clubhouse.

So we seat and wait for the DGPU or the magic drivers that will increase performance 1000%,or do we wait for the dual APU staked.?

Oh and don't forget the infinite power of the cloud...

Man those developers are having some pretty sunny days on the xbox one hardware...lol

#212 Posted by Heil68 (43595 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@FoxbatAlpha: bahahaha still salty ?

Never salty, I love this shit.

You love that the PS4 has the best version of multi plats? *gasp*

#213 Posted by donalbane (16210 posts) -

@WadeFan: Was it 'sad' when they sold lower resolution PS3 games for the same price as the 360 versions?

#214 Posted by raiden_mgs2 (473 posts) -

This is getting pathetic now seriously considering selling my xbox one and getting a PS4 if its going to continue getting the better multiplats

#215 Edited by beerm_basic (2481 posts) -

Already planning on getting this for my ps4 regardless this just cemented i made right pick furthermore that the ps4 is tge console of choice

#216 Edited by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

Wait, so the xbox version is running over 30fps as high as 45fps and somehow its deemed "30fps with drops?"

Yet the PS4 version will "attempt" to hit 60fps as much as possible, and yet thats somehow considered a rock solid 60fps?

how does this make any sense? What this sounds like is both have unlocked and wildly fluctuating framerates in the 30-60fps range. And the PS4 version just tends to run more at the higher end of the range while the xbox version runs at the lower end of the range.

#217 Posted by Tighaman (780 posts) -

@tormentos:

no homie old assets for cross platform engines =straight forward = great for off the shelf PC parts= great for ps4 arch

x1 new arch =not straight forward= not off the shelf PC parts= not the best with old assets for cross platform engines

Its all good with me I don't know the last time I both or played TR and surely not going to buy it now but you all going to need as much multiplats as possible because exclusive you getting crushed this year retail exclusives.

#218 Edited by misterpmedia (3364 posts) -

After skimming through the 5 pages there is drastic lack of lem damage control in here. Have they all finally reached the acceptance stage? I don't see any of the usual characters :(. The most I've seen is drive by comments and troll deflection to change the subject to bring up PS4 in a negative light.

Was expecting a good thread full of lulz & fighting but it seems the lems have suppressed themselves.

#219 Edited by hoosier7 (3780 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Funny how tables have turned this gen and cows claiming super ownage on multiplats and act like they were the best thing ever

Funny how Lems suddenly place such emphasis on exclusives (despite the X1 games getting lower scores than PS3 titles they trashed), disregarded the PS4 - PC multiplats and now claim a graphical difference that is greater than last gen is somehow not noticeable.

Seriously though you're in System Wars, everyone's a hypocrite, it's just embarrassing when one side tries to paint it as though it's only the other side.

#220 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

Still waiting on kuu2, evo, and a few others. Also a couple more tears from blackace would be nice

#221 Edited by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine: Buying new consoles to play old and current games? Wow. Lol especially when Square has the nerve to demand $60 for it. But I guess cows (I'll add this in for you>) and lems are gonna get milked like hell with current gen games because our hardware developers won't give us Backwards Compatibility.

#222 Posted by Martin_G_N (1703 posts) -

@Tighaman said:

@tormentos:

no homie old assets for cross platform engines =straight forward = great for off the shelf PC parts= great for ps4 arch

x1 new arch =not straight forward= not off the shelf PC parts= not the best with old assets for cross platform engines

Its all good with me I don't know the last time I both or played TR and surely not going to buy it now but you all going to need as much multiplats as possible because exclusive you getting crushed this year retail exclusives.

News flash, the X1 has off the shelf PC parts aswell. The difference is that MS needed 8GB RAM, and had to choose DDR3 which is'nt fast enough for graphics, and therefor ment they needed a small cache of ESRAM, and datamove engines to get higher speeds. All that takes up space which ment that the GPU had to be smaller. But with that slow memory setup I doubt they could utilize a bigger GPU properly anyways.

It's not a new type of architecture, consoles through out the years have had the same type of architecture. The PS2 used RDRAM @ 3.2GB/s and a smaller cache that could do 64GB/s. The X360 did the same thing.

Sony knew they needed GDDR5 unified RAM to get the performance they needed, with of course easier development, which was the reason it only had 4GB up until the last minute when 8GB was possible.

#223 Edited by 2mrw (4957 posts) -

has this been confirmed?

#224 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4220 posts) -

Lem scum finally crawling in to take their medicine. Took you long enough.

Hey guys, who wants some lem damage control and bad maths?

He thinks he's getting 45FPS on Xbone!!! At the main menu, maybe.

#225 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9991 posts) -

Weak sauce

#226 Posted by Bigboi500 (29413 posts) -

I guess the Juan really doesn't want to compete this gen, and is happy with the Kinect and Call of Duty crowd.

I'm sure the cloud will help smooth things out.

Head in the clouds?

#227 Edited by SonySoldier-_- (720 posts) -

Everyone knows PS4 will have better versions of multi plats over XBone all generation long. There's no need to act surprised about it and create a thread for every single multiplat thats confirmed to be inferior on XBone. I mean, PS4 is stronger, $100 cheaper, and winning in sales. Isn't that enough ownage? We dont need to pour salt in the lemmings wounds with these threads. Show mercy. Lemmings have feelings too.

#228 Posted by Puckhog04 (22606 posts) -

I played it at roughly that with max settings on PC so...yea.

#229 Edited by Locutus_Picard (3979 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Except this gen, we "cows" also have superior 1st party support (due to sony investing in studios in gen 7) AND superior indie support. This is why PS4 stock is gone the day they are in and why XB1 day-one editions are still clogging up valuable store space.

#230 Edited by tormentos (17317 posts) -

@WadeFan: Was it 'sad' when they sold lower resolution PS3 games for the same price as the 360 versions?

The xbox 360 had lower than 720p game since day 1 at $60 to so where is the morale on this story.?

All Killzone on PS3 are 720p all Uncharted as well.

Yet Halo was sub HD on all its chapters but Halo 4,PDZ sub HD,Alan Wake one of the lowest resolution games last gen saw this past gen 960x544..

Wait, so the xbox version is running over 30fps as high as 45fps and somehow its deemed "30fps with drops?"

Yet the PS4 version will "attempt" to hit 60fps as much as possible, and yet thats somehow considered a rock solid 60fps?

how does this make any sense? What this sounds like is both have unlocked and wildly fluctuating framerates in the 30-60fps range. And the PS4 version just tends to run more at the higher end of the range while the xbox version runs at the lower end of the range.

Did you read well the xbox one version is 45 FPS when nothing intensive is going on mostly is 30FS,i didn't read anything on the links talking about less than 30.

The PS4 version is 60FPS most of the time but it has drops under 60.

@Tighaman said:

@tormentos:

Really how is that.?

What PC has 8 GB of shared GDDR5 for both system and video.?

As far as i know all PC use GDDr5 for video memory and a separate pool for system which is DDR3 this isn't how the PS4 does things so is not as you want to picture it.

And the xbox one parts are off the shelf confirmed by AMD is a jaguar with a GCN video GPU,the only thing non PC like is ESRAM,because even DDR3 scream PC.

What exclusives you mean the xbox one don't have.? Titanfall is not exclusive in any way,so basically the xbox one is exclusive less until late 2014,while the PS4 soon will get 2 exclusives,Drive Club and Infamous SS.

That could be Blackace or Kuu2 for all we know,also tighaman...hahaha

#231 Edited by Omega-316 (783 posts) -

Looks like the cloud, is clouding the resolution.

:P

#232 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3544 posts) -

LOL guys so angry that Xbone version is 30FPS and PS4 is 60FPS hahahaha he can't do the math!

#233 Posted by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

@BeardMaster said:

Did you read well the xbox one version is 45 FPS when nothing intensive is going on mostly is 30FS,i didn't read anything on the links talking about less than 30.

The PS4 version is 60FPS most of the time but it has drops under 60.

I wasnt referring to the links, I was referring to the conclusion the TC made, saying the xbox version runs at 30fps with drops.

#234 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25608 posts) -

I wonder when this kind of thing stops being "news".

#235 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

Shhhh, logic doesn't go over well around here. But yeah, you're right. Im not counting fps when I'm playing, lol.

#236 Posted by misterpmedia (3364 posts) -

Still waiting on kuu2, evo, and a few others. Also a couple more tears from blackace would be nice

you know full well they'll deflect it with some pathetic attempt to counter-troll by saying they were "too busy playing games on the Xbone" to come here and care. There's a variety of replies that will simply end with that tag Kuu2 holds so dear: "Cows are the clowns of SW". Top lel.

#237 Edited by g0ddyX (3909 posts) -

Small differences, doubt anyone would noticed and both will have FPS drops.
Either way, both are good playable games.

Enjoy it.

#238 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17381 posts) -

I wonder when this kind of thing stops being "news".

After an entire gen of the 360 multiplat game looking better...don't hold your breath on when this will stop being news.

It's going to be a FPS generation.

#239 Posted by wis3boi (31184 posts) -

@2ndwonder: people complain because a cheaper console (PS4) at times vastly outperforms the Xbox One.

They feel cheated.

I'd feel cheated too if that's the best a new system can do

#240 Posted by Snugenz (11822 posts) -

Cows claiming drops to 30 instead of 45 - 50 as vastly inferior, then claim multiplats on PC are barely better. -_-

#241 Edited by lundy86_4 (43047 posts) -

Yeah, gonna wait on some ratified sources. Hell, Rocket Chainsaw even amended their article.

Wow, look at dem PS4 reviews...

#242 Posted by lostrib (35023 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@lostrib said:

it's an alpha...

Six weeks before release.

Face it, what you're seeing is what you're getting.

Except for that part where it's an alpha build of the game, meaning it's obviously not a complete build of the game

Alpha build my ass the game is close to launch and you believe is on Alpha stage,what you are seeing on Titanfall is what you will get,aside from a touch here and there don't expect that game to see any major upgrade,no game at 1 month an 2 week for launch is on Alpha,Killzone SF was alpha yeah 8 months from launch not 1.

They've already admitted that the build isn't complete, that the textures are at 25% of the final game. Unless you have some evidence that it's not an alpha build? I would guess that it's not even the most recent build, when BF4 beta was released they admitted that it was an old build of the game (that they then managed to completely fuck up, but that is a different issue)

#243 Posted by Suppaman100 (3800 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@sukraj said:

flopzone

@shawn30 said:

Tomb Raider is a pretty damn good game, so at least this is a discussion over a game that is good. No doubt PS4 hardware is superior to Xbox One hardware, so you'll see things like this. Having said that, the tighter version is on the PS4. But its a good game and worth buying no matter where you get it. I'm a Frames per second guy so this matters. Id rather have it at 900p upscaled and hit that 60 fps more often on the Xbox One. Still, the average public aint gonna give a shit about this same way they don;'t for CoD or BF4. Still, early in the gen and things will get better. This is newsworthy though and for a good game, so its a feather in the PS4 cap. Not nearly enough to make me want to buy the system, but far from a bad thing either.

Come on guys, you can do better damage control than that now.

What damage control? The PS4 version is the better version of the two, and at least this is a good game people are discussing. I might pick this up for the One, but its not enough to make me buy a PS4.

After everything that is known, I don't understand how you can favor the Xbone over PS4.

#244 Edited by clr84651 (5390 posts) -

@heb86 said:

Once MS unlocks power from THe CLoud. this game will run at 90 fps with no problem

Once I pull the rare 10 lb flawless blue diamond out of my butt I'll be rich & retire too. Both will happen at the same time. Lol!

#245 Posted by lhughey (4225 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

I'm sure it ran better than that on the 360.

The trade-off is 1080p. The HD 5770 in the XB1 isn't going to do much 1080p @60fps in this gen. It's either 720p@60 or 1080p@30.

5770? I heard the Bone is running a Voodoo3 2000.

#246 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6191 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@lglz1337 said:

@FoxbatAlpha: bahahaha still salty ?

Never salty, I love this shit.

You love that the PS4 has the best version of multi plats? *gasp*

Please allow myself to make myself a little clearer'er.

#247 Posted by Vatusus (4500 posts) -

And lems still think they're equal in power...

#248 Posted by Heil68 (43595 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

And lems still think they're equal in power...

Quite stunning turn of events really.

#249 Posted by StormyJoe (4961 posts) -

@Locutus_Picard:

Maybe read the amendment before you post...

...but our own extrapolation of the information suggests you might say the average (accurate use of the term) Xbox One performance could be ~35fps, meanwhile the average PlayStation 4 performance may be ~55fps. Actual, concrete performance benchmarks will need to wait until the game is out for everyone, as we certainly don’t have them.

#250 Edited by no-scope-AK47 (2754 posts) -

@g0ddyX said:

Small differences, doubt anyone would noticed and both will have FPS drops.

Either way, both are good playable games.

Enjoy it.

100 bucks and 30fps are not small differences, The ps4 has a huge advantage in price and performance this has never happened before on console. That is why M$ has been trying to minimize the huge gap in power. I see them talking about overclocking,saying the gap is small,saying we have the cloud, saying we have upcoming super secret sauce that should help ect ect

I even see people saying if you sit far from your display in bad lighting 720p and 1080p looks the same. Xbots know they are getting ripped off. They can't be that dense they have to see the cheaper console is more powerful with better 1st party support. They have to know that psn plus is 10 bucks cheaper and you get games to play on top of that. What M$ is trying to do say don't look at that we have tv like you don't have tv already. Like you don't have a smart tv or a roku or apple tv already. Like you can't buy some cheap rabbit ears and get digital hd local tv already.

They are trying to make fat lazy people just say xbox on instead of OMG pressing a button on your controller. So pay 100 bucks more and say xbox on and get much weaker hardware and worse multiplats. No we can't say that let's spin that as the difference is minimal and we have the cloud that sometime if the future will help make our console stronger than the ps4 but just wait for it. Yeah the xflop has got new drivers that wait for it will make you guessed it just like the ps4.. All this tells me is just get a ps4 brah I know they sold out right now but don't fall for the market speak bullshit from the snake oil salesman at M$.