Tomb Raider @ 60fps on PS4, 18fps drops on XB1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#551 Edited by kalipekona (2296 posts) -

@Strutten said:

@I_can_haz: look at the fps line tardos, it doesnt even hit 20fps, not that its much better in anyway.. but you guys are seriously getting pathetic, kinda embarrasing, i mean what is it you guys gain (serious question) just buy it for pc or ps 4 simple.

Anyway its a pretty good game tho imo..

Not too be rude or anything.

The only things embarrassing is you lems trying to justigy how a framerate of 24fps is somehow a good thing. Desperate lems are desperate as hell lol.

You sony ponies are truly ignorant. The XB1 version is a solid 30fps game, or at least about as solid as any 30fps console game ever is. It averages 29.84fps. That means it sticks to 30fps the vast majority of the time and only has occasional, minor drops.

The PS4 version is not a 60fps game as you sony fanboys keep claiming. The PS4 average across a range of gameplay was 50.98fps. Therefor it is literally impossible for it to run at 60fps most of the time like you seem to believe is the case.

An average of 50.98 means just that: an average. It means that it runs at values lower than that just as much as above that.

We ARE NOT talking about a 60fps game with occasional dips like some of you are trying to pretend. If that were the case its average frame-rate would be something like 59.85. This is a game with a highly fluctuating frame rate (on PS4) that happens to average at around 50fps.

And frame-rate consistency is extremely important.

A consistent 60fps is better than a consistent 30fps, but both are better than an inconsistent frame-rate even if the latter frame-rate average is higher in terms of absolute numbers.

Here's what Digital Foundry said on the subject in their G-Sync review:

"We are automatically programmed to believe that higher frame-rates are better, but there's a reason why the vast majority of consoles titles are locked at 30fps - a mostly unchanging frame-rate is easier on the eye, and provides a consistency in input lag that goes out of the window when performance fluctuates with an unlocked frame-rate."

"In the era of the 60Hz monitor, the most consistent, judder-free experience we can get is either with a locked 60fps, or else the console standard 30fps."

"And if our G-Sync testing has taught us anything, it's that - within reason - consistent frame-rates are more important than the fastest possible rendering in any given situation."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-nvidia-g-sync-review

#552 Posted by NFJSupreme (5020 posts) -

@BlessedChill ps360 ran games at 30fps and no one complained is my point mad cow.

#553 Edited by StormyJoe (4572 posts) -

@StormyJoe: ps4 has better voice commands, just because they don't spread ads everywhere about it like Microsoft doesn't meant anything. The PS4 has better media features, a much faster cleaner OS, the much more powerful console, and the better games. A much faster mot efficient internet browser (that supports flash), and PS PLUS discounts and free games.

You just made the mistake of buying an Xbox One and now to cope with now regretting it, DC the opposing console you really want.

Get a PS4, trust me you'll love it :)

  • Better voice commands? Ummm... no it doesn't. Who told you that? How are 12 voice commands "better" than 30+ voice commands for Xbox One? What, because you preface the command with "PlayStation" instead of "Xbox"?
  • The PS4 does not have better media functions. Please explain why you think this.
  • The PS4 does have a cleaner UI at the moment.
  • "Better games" is quite subjective (I don't agree), but it is the more powerful gaming machine.
  • The PS4's browser is NOT faster. But, it does support browser plug ins.

Look, the person who seems to be regretting his decision is you, not me. I at least know what I am talking about - I have used the PS4 at least a dozen times, and I own and Xbox One. While I do not claim to know everything about the PS4 - I sure as Hell know how it works, what it can/can't do, and what the games on it look like.

#554 Posted by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

@BlessedChill said:

@StormyJoe: ps4 has better voice commands, just because they don't spread ads everywhere about it like Microsoft doesn't meant anything. The PS4 has better media features, a much faster cleaner OS, the much more powerful console, and the better games. A much faster mot efficient internet browser (that supports flash), and PS PLUS discounts and free games.

You just made the mistake of buying an Xbox One and now to cope with now regretting it, DC the opposing console you really want.

Get a PS4, trust me you'll love it :)

  • Better voice commands? Ummm... no it doesn't. Who told you that? How are 12 voice commands "better" than 30+ voice commands for Xbox One? What, because you preface the command with "PlayStation" instead of "Xbox"?
  • The PS4 does not have better media functions. Please explain why you think this.
  • The PS4 does have a cleaner UI at the moment.
  • "Better games" is quite subjective (I don't agree), but it is the more powerful gaming machine.
  • The PS4's browser is NOT faster. But, it does support browser plug ins.

Look, the person who seems to be regretting his decision is you, not me. I at least know what I am talking about - I have used the PS4 at least a dozen times, and I own and Xbox One. While I do not claim to know everything about the PS4 - I sure as Hell know how it works, what it can/can't do, and what the games on it look like.

To point 1.) Nope, because they actually work and fast. did you watch the video?

2.)Yes they do, this is because of Sony's own services like music unlimited.

3.) of course it does, by miles.

4.) Do you mean Subjective like Ryse being the best looking next gen game? Or is there a double standard there?

5.) PS4's browser is much, much faster. In fact it's 5 times faster to be exact. And that's even with flash. Here you go: Link for Browser speed

Bolded is delusional fanboy drivel. Underlined is lies.

#555 Edited by StormyJoe (4572 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@BlessedChill said:

@StormyJoe: ps4 has better voice commands, just because they don't spread ads everywhere about it like Microsoft doesn't meant anything. The PS4 has better media features, a much faster cleaner OS, the much more powerful console, and the better games. A much faster mot efficient internet browser (that supports flash), and PS PLUS discounts and free games.

You just made the mistake of buying an Xbox One and now to cope with now regretting it, DC the opposing console you really want.

Get a PS4, trust me you'll love it :)

  • Better voice commands? Ummm... no it doesn't. Who told you that? How are 12 voice commands "better" than 30+ voice commands for Xbox One? What, because you preface the command with "PlayStation" instead of "Xbox"?
  • The PS4 does not have better media functions. Please explain why you think this.
  • The PS4 does have a cleaner UI at the moment.
  • "Better games" is quite subjective (I don't agree), but it is the more powerful gaming machine.
  • The PS4's browser is NOT faster. But, it does support browser plug ins.

Look, the person who seems to be regretting his decision is you, not me. I at least know what I am talking about - I have used the PS4 at least a dozen times, and I own and Xbox One. While I do not claim to know everything about the PS4 - I sure as Hell know how it works, what it can/can't do, and what the games on it look like.

To point 1.) Nope, because they actually work and fast. did you watch the video?

2.)Yes they do, this is because of Sony's own services like music unlimited.

3.) of course it does, by miles.

4.) Do you mean Subjective like Ryse being the best looking next gen game? Or is there a double standard there?

5.) PS4's browser is much, much faster. In fact it's 5 times faster to be exact. And that's even with flash. Here you go: Link for Browser speed

Bolded is delusional fanboy drivel. Underlined is lies.

1) I don't have to "watch a video". I have an Xbox One, and my buddy Trevor has a PS4 with camera. I see how well voice commands work all the time (I use VC on my XB1 all the time).

2) LOL! That's one app. The XB1 has seamless integration with different media - I can go from a DVD, app, Game, to TV in about 10 seconds total. Why do you think it was designed the way it was? MS made a conscious choice with the hardware because they wanted it to be running multiple media apps at once.

4) Yes. Ryse being the best looking game is subjective, because it is an opinion. It just happens to be an opinion shared by most gaming sites.

5) I stand corrected. I did not know that.

I don't have a Xbox One? LOL!!!!!

#556 Posted by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

@BlessedChill ps360 ran games at 30fps and no one complained is my point mad cow.

Did 360 run multiplats at double the resolution of the Playstation 3?

If not, shut up.

#557 Posted by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

@BlessedChill said:

@StormyJoe said:

@BlessedChill said:

@StormyJoe: ps4 has better voice commands, just because they don't spread ads everywhere about it like Microsoft doesn't meant anything. The PS4 has better media features, a much faster cleaner OS, the much more powerful console, and the better games. A much faster mot efficient internet browser (that supports flash), and PS PLUS discounts and free games.

You just made the mistake of buying an Xbox One and now to cope with now regretting it, DC the opposing console you really want.

Get a PS4, trust me you'll love it :)

  • Better voice commands? Ummm... no it doesn't. Who told you that? How are 12 voice commands "better" than 30+ voice commands for Xbox One? What, because you preface the command with "PlayStation" instead of "Xbox"?
  • The PS4 does not have better media functions. Please explain why you think this.
  • The PS4 does have a cleaner UI at the moment.
  • "Better games" is quite subjective (I don't agree), but it is the more powerful gaming machine.
  • The PS4's browser is NOT faster. But, it does support browser plug ins.

Look, the person who seems to be regretting his decision is you, not me. I at least know what I am talking about - I have used the PS4 at least a dozen times, and I own and Xbox One. While I do not claim to know everything about the PS4 - I sure as Hell know how it works, what it can/can't do, and what the games on it look like.

To point 1.) Nope, because they actually work and fast. did you watch the video?

2.)Yes they do, this is because of Sony's own services like music unlimited.

3.) of course it does, by miles.

4.) Do you mean Subjective like Ryse being the best looking next gen game? Or is there a double standard there?

5.) PS4's browser is much, much faster. In fact it's 5 times faster to be exact. And that's even with flash. Here you go: Link for Browser speed

Bolded is delusional fanboy drivel. Underlined is lies.

1) I don't have to "watch a video". I have an Xbox One, and my buddy Trevor has a PS4 with camera. I see how well voice commands work all the time (I use VC on my XB1 all the time).

2) LOL! That's one app. The XB1 has seamless integration with different media - I can go from a DVD, app, Game, to TV in about 10 seconds total. Why do you think it was designed the way it was? MS made a conscious choice with the hardware because they wanted it to be running multiple media apps at once.

4) Yes. Ryse being the best looking game is subjective, because it is an opinion. It just happens to be an opinion shared by most gaming sites.

5) I stand corrected. I did not know that.

I don't have a Xbox One? LOL!!!!!

1) Anecdotal evidence that is irrelevant. The video is a primary source objectively made.

2) PS4 can do it in 5 seconds, the multitasking is much faster on the 4.

4) Just like Playstation 4 is the much much better console, an opinion shared by almost all gamin sites.

5) At least your honest

6) "LOL!!" stop you sound like BlackAce...

#558 Edited by I_can_haz (6452 posts) -

Funny thing about all this is that all ps360 games performance is similar to the xbone yet none of you consolites cared. Now all of a sudden it's a big deal. Nothing wrong with the xbone performance. It's more stable than the ps4 but I'd still play on the ps4 though cause never dropping below 30 and averaging 50 during game play is better than locked at 30.

No. It's not even close.

#559 Edited by kitty (114293 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@2ndwonder said:

Everyone complains that the xb1 can't run 1080p games, it then does, and then you complain about the framerate. Even though its @30fps, which if you are console gamer, you've been playing at that since you probably started gaming. Seems like most of you complain just to complain.

If gameplay drops to 18FPS at 1080 than no the X One cannot handle 1080p period.

It doesn't mean that at all. I can max out crysis 3 on my computer and get really really good fps, 60 or close to it the whole time. But I can't do that on Saints Row 3. In fact most times my frames are under 40 with dips as low as the 20's. Same happens in Saints Row 4 as well. Does this mean my computer can't handle 1080p?

#560 Posted by StormyJoe (4572 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@BlessedChill said:

@StormyJoe said:

@BlessedChill said:

@StormyJoe: ps4 has better voice commands, just because they don't spread ads everywhere about it like Microsoft doesn't meant anything. The PS4 has better media features, a much faster cleaner OS, the much more powerful console, and the better games. A much faster mot efficient internet browser (that supports flash), and PS PLUS discounts and free games.

You just made the mistake of buying an Xbox One and now to cope with now regretting it, DC the opposing console you really want.

Get a PS4, trust me you'll love it :)

  • Better voice commands? Ummm... no it doesn't. Who told you that? How are 12 voice commands "better" than 30+ voice commands for Xbox One? What, because you preface the command with "PlayStation" instead of "Xbox"?
  • The PS4 does not have better media functions. Please explain why you think this.
  • The PS4 does have a cleaner UI at the moment.
  • "Better games" is quite subjective (I don't agree), but it is the more powerful gaming machine.
  • The PS4's browser is NOT faster. But, it does support browser plug ins.

Look, the person who seems to be regretting his decision is you, not me. I at least know what I am talking about - I have used the PS4 at least a dozen times, and I own and Xbox One. While I do not claim to know everything about the PS4 - I sure as Hell know how it works, what it can/can't do, and what the games on it look like.

To point 1.) Nope, because they actually work and fast. did you watch the video?

2.)Yes they do, this is because of Sony's own services like music unlimited.

3.) of course it does, by miles.

4.) Do you mean Subjective like Ryse being the best looking next gen game? Or is there a double standard there?

5.) PS4's browser is much, much faster. In fact it's 5 times faster to be exact. And that's even with flash. Here you go: Link for Browser speed

Bolded is delusional fanboy drivel. Underlined is lies.

1) I don't have to "watch a video". I have an Xbox One, and my buddy Trevor has a PS4 with camera. I see how well voice commands work all the time (I use VC on my XB1 all the time).

2) LOL! That's one app. The XB1 has seamless integration with different media - I can go from a DVD, app, Game, to TV in about 10 seconds total. Why do you think it was designed the way it was? MS made a conscious choice with the hardware because they wanted it to be running multiple media apps at once.

4) Yes. Ryse being the best looking game is subjective, because it is an opinion. It just happens to be an opinion shared by most gaming sites.

5) I stand corrected. I did not know that.

I don't have a Xbox One? LOL!!!!!

1) Anecdotal evidence that is irrelevant. The video is a primary source objectively made.

2) PS4 can do it in 5 seconds, the multitasking is much faster on the 4.

4) Just like Playstation 4 is the much much better console, an opinion shared by almost all gamin sites.

5) At least your honest

6) "LOL!!" stop you sound like BlackAce...

"The PS4 can do it in 5 seconds" <--- 100% wrong. What are you, an 8 year old?

#561 Edited by bezza2011 (2208 posts) -

@NFJSupreme: yes thats sort of what I ment, I mean PS4 is at the moment meeting expectations even with the frame rate drops but this over time will be managed and made alot more stable and look alot better, while the Xbox One may sort it self out but starting at a low already it's hard to see how far it will go,

#562 Edited by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

Another BS lie from those Eurotrash site. That 18 is BS. All games from they seem to have 18 lowest frame-rate. The devs of the Xbox One version said it's a lie too.

Dat butthurt, it's still sub-30fps. You make it sound like a bit higher than 18fps is actually a good thing. More pics from this stunning game on my PS4...

I can't believe I wasn't gonna get this game lol. The Xbone scandal actually convinced me to get it. I thought it was going to be 1080p/30fps up until the free advertising that this game got during the Xbone scandal. I'm sure the devs are secretly happy about this because it probably means some PS4 owners like me that weren't gonna get this game might have changed their minds.

Graphics look better on xbox one..... fact. Ryse says hello

#563 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5457 posts) -

Having just bought it on Xb1, it looks amazing. Haven't had any stuttering or anything like that. Smooth as. And having seen my cousin play the PS4 version, it may be abit smoother but looks no better.

#564 Posted by tormentos (16419 posts) -

@BlessedChill said:

@StormyJoe: ps4 has better voice commands, just because they don't spread ads everywhere about it like Microsoft doesn't meant anything. The PS4 has better media features, a much faster cleaner OS, the much more powerful console, and the better games. A much faster mot efficient internet browser (that supports flash), and PS PLUS discounts and free games.

You just made the mistake of buying an Xbox One and now to cope with now regretting it, DC the opposing console you really want.

Get a PS4, trust me you'll love it :)

  • Better voice commands? Ummm... no it doesn't. Who told you that? How are 12 voice commands "better" than 30+ voice commands for Xbox One? What, because you preface the command with "PlayStation" instead of "Xbox"?
  • The PS4 does not have better media functions. Please explain why you think this.
  • The PS4 does have a cleaner UI at the moment.
  • "Better games" is quite subjective (I don't agree), but it is the more powerful gaming machine.
  • The PS4's browser is NOT faster. But, it does support browser plug ins.

Look, the person who seems to be regretting his decision is you, not me. I at least know what I am talking about - I have used the PS4 at least a dozen times, and I own and Xbox One. While I do not claim to know everything about the PS4 - I sure as Hell know how it works, what it can/can't do, and what the games on it look like.

The whole better voice command was based on the fact that test on PS4 didn't only work 68% of the times like Kinect.

It has a ton of features it doesn't have hide them behind a pay wall and applications like netflix on both consoles are better on PS4,the only thing the xbox one has going for it is HDMI in,which only servers are redundant purpose.

You don't agree but he media out there do agree more games and higher rated.

Yes the PS4 browser is faster than the xbox one by a considerable margin.

Lower is BetterSunSpider 1.0.2 (Performance)SunSpider 1.0.2 (Power)Kraken 1.1 (Performance)Kraken 1.1 (Power)
Microsoft Xbox One2360.9 ms72.4W111,892.5 ms72.9W
Sony PlayStation 41027.4 ms114.7W22,768.7 ms114.5W

Lower better it is basically twice as fast..

#565 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (892 posts) -

18 FPS drop happens even with powerful PCs but is a quick one. Xbox One version averages 29.33 or something thats 30 FPS constant.

#566 Posted by tormentos (16419 posts) -

You sony ponies are truly ignorant. The XB1 version is a solid 30fps game, or at least about as solid as any 30fps console game ever is. It averages 29.84fps. That means it sticks to 30fps the vast majority of the time and only has occasional, minor drops.

The PS4 version is not a 60fps game as you sony fanboys keep claiming. The PS4 average across a range of gameplay was 50.98fps. Therefor it is literally impossible for it to run at 60fps most of the time like you seem to believe is the case.

An average of 50.98 means just that: an average. It means that it runs at values lower than that just as much as above that.

We ARE NOT talking about a 60fps game with occasional dips like some of you are trying to pretend. If that were the case its average frame-rate would be something like 59.85. This is a game with a highly fluctuating frame rate (on PS4) that happens to average at around 50fps.

And frame-rate consistency is extremely important.

A consistent 60fps is better than a consistent 30fps, but both are better than an inconsistent frame-rate even if the latter frame-rate average is higher in terms of absolute numbers.

Here's what Digital Foundry said on the subject in their G-Sync review:

"We are automatically programmed to believe that higher frame-rates are better, but there's a reason why the vast majority of consoles titles are locked at 30fps - a mostly unchanging frame-rate is easier on the eye, and provides a consistency in input lag that goes out of the window when performance fluctuates with an unlocked frame-rate."

"In the era of the 60Hz monitor, the most consistent, judder-free experience we can get is either with a locked 60fps, or else the console standard 30fps."

"And if our G-Sync testing has taught us anything, it's that - within reason - consistent frame-rates are more important than the fastest possible rendering in any given situation."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-nvidia-g-sync-review

Dude on a video that lasted a few minutes the PS4 version was at 60FPS many times while the xbox one was at 30,that is 100% gap,worse many other times it was a 56 52,and 48 FPS,so yeah the lead is considerable.

See the damn video the game runs at 60 many times dude and your grasping...

How is BF4 60 FPS on xbox one,when it runs 10 FPS slower than the PS4 version across the board in most cases..?

But you talk like if 21 FPS wasn't a huge lead that difference is bigger than what the 7850 has over the 7770...

@BlessedChill ps360 ran games at 30fps and no one complained is my point mad cow.

In what freaking place because Hermits complained all the time,and if the PS3 version was 27 or 28 FPS the lemmings would mount a circus around that gap,but now every one wants to pretend that the PS4 scorching the xbox one by more than 20 FPS is nothing..

The gap here is actually bigger that the gap between the 7850 vs the 7770,which say allot.

@NFJSupreme said:

Funny thing about all this is that all ps360 games performance is similar to the xbone yet none of you consolites cared. Now all of a sudden it's a big deal. Nothing wrong with the xbone performance. It's more stable than the ps4 but I'd still play on the ps4 though cause never dropping below 30 and averaging 50 during game play is better than locked at 30.

No. It's not even close.

Oh is NF JSupreme the same hypocrite that say resolution doesn't matter between the PS4 vs xbox one,but on PC vs consoles it matter,he just have a damn soft spot for the xbox,he is one of those hermits that has a lemming suit on hes closet,now the performance doesn't mater but when he was flaming consoles for having lower frames than PC it matter...lol

If he think the xbox one performance is fine,he is either stupid or blind because it isn't,and is the reason MS is actually killing 8% of the reservation in a pathetic effort to close that gap.

Graphics look better on xbox one..... fact. Ryse says hello

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.............

Tomb raider look good is more open and 1080p something Ryse failed to achieve,this thread is about Tomb Raider please keep that crap out of here,your DC is welcome by the way...hahaha

#567 Edited by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

Ryse didn't need to achieve 1080p to win best console graphics by every single game review. It makes games that did 1080p look worse for not showing better. Don't you think its sad a game in 900p on a 50% weaker system looks better then any game in 1080p on the 50% stronger system? Hell,, Tomb Raider looks better then Killzone Shadow Fail.

graphics on tomb raider are literally identical on both systems. Cows are just beating there meat on 20 or more FPS. The fact is, unless your in a fast paced game like a racer or first person shooter, the difference iin 30 or upwards of 60 fps is not noticeable.

#568 Posted by tormentos (16419 posts) -

Ryse didn't need to achieve 1080p to win best console graphics by every single game review. It makes games that did 1080p look worse for not showing better. Don't you think its sad a game in 900p on a 50% weaker system looks better then any game in 1080p on the 50% stronger system? Hell,, Tomb Raider looks better then Killzone Shadow Fail.

graphics on tomb raider are literally identical on both systems. Cows are just beating there meat on 20 or more FPS. The fact is, unless your in a fast paced game like a racer or first person shooter, the difference iin 30 or upwards of 60 fps is not noticeable.

Every single review...hahahaha

Ryse would run at 1080p probably 45 FPS on PS4 hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa....Just like Tomb raider does...

There is nothing best about Ryse the game is 900p with 20 FPS drops because the xbox one it self can't handle it,reason why the characters models were drop from 150,000 polygons to 85,000...lol

hahaha

No..

-Some alpha effects are lower res effects

-DOF and anisotropic filtering are lower quality

-Lower framerate (as mentioned in the old article)

-Some lower res textures (possibly a bug)

-Some cutscenes are 900p

What the PS4 version has over the xbox one all that + 21 FPS faster on average,but some times the games is 100% 60FPS vs 30 FPS...lol

Denial denial every where...lol

#569 Edited by edwardecl (1773 posts) -

Can people stop talking crap about >30 FPS not being noticeable, it is especially at 1080p. Play any first person shooter at 60FPS and pan the screen it is very smooth. Then lock the frame rate to 30FPS and you will is judders quite a lot (with motion blur effects turned off of course).

People have just got used to 30FPS and expect the movement to be no smooth. When you see the difference it will irritate you when you can't get a constant 60FPS.

They should have still optimized Tomb Raider for 60FPS 99% of the time. I don't even understand how it does 42 - 60FPS, what does it do drop frames or render them incomplete (screen tear)?

#570 Edited by NFJSupreme (5020 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

Funny thing about all this is that all ps360 games performance is similar to the xbone yet none of you consolites cared. Now all of a sudden it's a big deal. Nothing wrong with the xbone performance. It's more stable than the ps4 but I'd still play on the ps4 though cause never dropping below 30 and averaging 50 during game play is better than locked at 30.

No. It's not even close.

Exactly what I said or are you saying the PS360 was running games outside of Call of Duty and racing games at 60fps? Please say yes so I can laugh at you.

#571 Edited by NFJSupreme (5020 posts) -

Can people stop talking crap about >30 FPS not being noticeable, it is especially at 1080p. Play any first person shooter at 60FPS and pan the screen it is very smooth. Then lock the frame rate to 30FPS and you will is judders quite a lot (with motion blur effects turned off of course).

People have just got used to 30FPS and expect the movement to be no smooth. When you see the difference it will irritate you when you can't get a constant 60FPS.

They should have still optimized Tomb Raider for 60FPS 99% of the time. I don't even understand how it does 42 - 60FPS, what does it do drop frames or render them incomplete (screen tear)?

I agree 60fps is ideal but these consoles aren't strong enough to achieve a steady 60 fps on graphic intensive games. It is what it is. Personally I feel the PS4 should have been locked at 30fps and made to look even prettier. I'd take an amazing looking game at 30fps over a good looking game that jumps between 40 the 60 and stays in the 40s whenever you are in combat. As far as the xbone is concerned they had the right idea. Tomb raider wasn't going to look or run better that what it does now. I just feel like they can get more out of the PS4 if they don't hamstring themselves by trying to make everything run at 60fps. 1080p 30fps and 900p 60 fps should be the targets for the PS4 if the truly want to get the most out of the console. The xbone is just stuck at 1080p and 30fps or 720 and 60fps.

The fact is you can't have your cake and eat it too with consoles. So far ever game that has claimed to be "60fps" are not really 60fps but 50fps average with dips in to the 40s when you are actually in combat. Go to digital foundry's youtube and look at all their videos. So instead of gimping these games to achieve a framerate that isn't ideal for the hardware they should just stick with 30fps and make some amazing looking games. Part of the reason games like Halo 4, Uncharted and Last of Us look so good on weak hardware is because they were at 30fps. 60fps basically requires double the power. Imagine how good PS4 games will look if they can use that power for other things instead of trying to achieve a framerate that it will never be able to hold steady. In fact expect PS4 exclusives like the next Uncharted or Last of Us to be at 30fps as they try to push the system to its limits. Multiplats have to look similar on both systems (i remember reading something about MS basically forcing this to happen someone check me if I'm wrong) so fps will be the only real difference like you see here but the exclusives are going to be at 30fps and they will look amazing on the PS4. That's just my prediction. I mean anyone who isn't blinded by fanboy "logic" can see this happening.

#572 Edited by I_can_haz (6452 posts) -

@mrxboxone: Don't do drugs kid, even DF disagrees with you. It runs at 20fps less and is missing effects and has 900p cutscenes, you fail.

#574 Posted by lostrib (31484 posts) -

@-Unreal-: and you're an elitist, troll cocksmoker. Idiots like yourself mock console fanboys but PC obsessed gerbil molesters like yourself are the real stain on the underpants of gaming. Anyone who wastes their time whinging about how their platform is the greatest & everyone else is a loser is a knobjockey of the worst kind. The rest of us just love games regardless of what platform they're on. Try pulling your worthless, shrivelled little troll head out of your cavernous arse for long enough to realise that anything that gets more people to enjoy gaming on any platform can only be a good thing for the rest of us, if indeed it is possible for you to think before rushing in head first to shove both feet into your ignorant mouth.

Did you really need to bump a month old thread in order to be an asshole?

#575 Posted by MonsieurX (28652 posts) -

@-Unreal-: and you're an elitist, troll cocksmoker. Idiots like yourself mock console fanboys but PC obsessed gerbil molesters like yourself are the real stain on the underpants of gaming. Anyone who wastes their time whinging about how their platform is the greatest & everyone else is a loser is a knobjockey of the worst kind. The rest of us just love games regardless of what platform they're on. Try pulling your worthless, shrivelled little troll head out of your cavernous arse for long enough to realise that anything that gets more people to enjoy gaming on any platform can only be a good thing for the rest of us, if indeed it is possible for you to think before rushing in head first to shove both feet into your ignorant mouth.

What a great reason to bump that thread

#576 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3022 posts) -

@CrouchingWeasel: Do NOT bump old threads, especially just to attack other users. A member that's been here for 7 years should know better