To People Unhappy with Oblivion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

buckfush311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 buckfush311
Member since 2006 • 537 Posts
I'm just curious as to who was unhappy with Oblivion and what system they played it on.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts
I play it on both.
echelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 echelon
Member since 2002 • 1199 Posts
I loved Oblivion for the 360. Its still my favorite current generation game. I do wish it had better load times though, other then that I was happy with it.
nnavidson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nnavidson
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts
I think the leveling system in the game takes the fun out of it.  for example, if you build up your sneak skill, all of the enemies become too tough.  Playing as a mage always breakd the game.  Once I had 100% chamelon there was no challange. 
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Read my review. It was mostly due to the broken levelling and skill systems. It is not a bad game. Just not as "superb" as Gamespot says.

I am working on a new review system, so that score may change soon.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
I am unhappy with Oblivion because of the crappy item stats and the scaled combat. And Morrowind was better.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
Played it on PC, liked it a lot.  But I'm no Elder Scrolls fan, in fact I'm not really an RPG fan...which is probably why I  liked it.  All of the old-school ES fans seemed to dislike Oblivion, and I'm sure they have good reasons.
poovine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 poovine
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts
If Oblivion or any ES game had a loot/item system like Diablo 2/WoW, it would have been exponentially better. Actually killing a bunch of monster to see what cool items they drop adds endless replay value.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#9 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
I played it on PC and it sucked noodles compared to TES3 and especially TES2
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
I played it on PC and it sucked noodles compared to TES3 and especially TES2Tiefster
Agreed.
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts
After Daggerfall the series was never the same. 
Alaris83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Alaris83
Member since 2004 • 1620 Posts
Lets put it this way. If halo 3 came out and it only had 3 guns, and 12 missions that were exactly the same, would fans of the previous two games be happy with it?
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
I dont see what difference would it make if its on PC or the 360. Most people who didn't like Oblivion didn't like it because its a hack and slasher without any rpg depth.
rykaziel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rykaziel
Member since 2003 • 1149 Posts
After Daggerfall the series was never the same. gingerdivid
I disagree, Morrowind was my favorite, especially the expansions. Adamantium armor was so awesome.
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts
It was a great game, but compared to Morrowind and Daggerfall it was pretty shallow. Leveled loot and enemies really killed the game's lasting appeal.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#16 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts
Had it on the 360. Hated it. Though i doubt where i played it would have mattered.
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gingerdivid
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"]After Daggerfall the series was never the same. rykaziel
I disagree, Morrowind was my favorite, especially the expansions. Adamantium armor was so awesome.

Didn't you think Morrowind was a tad dumbed down, the thing I liked about Morrowind is that the world allthough it 99% smaller than daggerfall was alot more realistic. Morrowind was still great allthough the journal gave me headaches however I disliked Oblivion alot more. imo the series has gone downhill since daggerfall.
rykaziel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rykaziel
Member since 2003 • 1149 Posts
Didn't you think Morrowind was a tad dumbed down, the thing I liked about Morrowind is that the world allthough it 99% smaller than daggerfall was alot more realistic. Morrowind was still great allthough the journal gave me headaches however I disliked Oblivion alot more. imo the series has gone downhill since daggerfall.
gingerdivid
I just think that it was more streamlined. For all of Daggerfall's size, it was considerably less choc-full of things to do than Morrowind's world. I think that Morrowind was more streamlined and "optimized" so to speak, but Oblivion was, as you put it, dumbed down. Although the Journal did suck, if you went away from Morrowind for a month, and forgot what you were doing, you were screwed.
Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts
Played on both and I was disapointed in the lack of depth and artistic style.
deadlypencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deadlypencil
Member since 2006 • 455 Posts

Why would it matter if someone played it on PC or 360? if you thought the game sucked and the story sucked it will suck on either system.

People hype oblivion to much to be such a great game that its a huge letdown when you play it expecting some epic tale that constantly grips you...

instead im casting very easy picklock over and over trying to lvl up my magic so that i can unlock easy locks and use the new spell... or running around trying to find ectoplasm or 5 more nine-root to finish my quest.

There are just people who dont like this kinda game, and it doesn't matter what platform they will always hate it.

Avatar image for Hammerofjustice
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hammerofjustice
Member since 2006 • 2685 Posts
Oblivion without mods does not deserve AAA
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#22 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts

Oblivion without mods does not deserve AAAHammerofjustice

BS.  It's a great game all on its own.

gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gingerdivid
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"] Didn't you think Morrowind was a tad dumbed down, the thing I liked about Morrowind is that the world allthough it 99% smaller than daggerfall was alot more realistic. Morrowind was still great allthough the journal gave me headaches however I disliked Oblivion alot more. imo the series has gone downhill since daggerfall.
rykaziel
I just think that it was more streamlined. For all of Daggerfall's size, it was considerably less choc-full of things to do than Morrowind's world. I think that Morrowind was more streamlined and "optimized" so to speak, but Oblivion was, as you put it, dumbed down. Although the Journal did suck, if you went away from Morrowind for a month, and forgot what you were doing, you were screwed.

Daggerfall just felt more Epic, the novelty of playing a game 2x the size of the UK never failed to baffle me Morrowind was amazing but the combat was dissapointing, literally hack and slash untill an enemy falls down can't really move, keep stumbling from blows just hated it. if Morrowind had oblivions combat the I would probbly consider it to be better than Daggerfall. Actually Morrowind is probably the better game but Daggerfall was better for its time many people overlook how revolutionary it was.
-SR388-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -SR388-
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts
oblivion on any format is on a par with sonic the hedgehog ps3/360 and superman 64. i'd rather wash my balls with acid than play another minute of that boring game, at least it would be exciting for a split second.
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gingerdivid

Why would it matter if someone played it on PC or 360? if you thought the game sucked and the story sucked it will suck on either system.

People hype oblivion to much to be such a great game that its a huge letdown when you play it expecting some epic tale that constantly grips you...

instead im casting very easy picklock over and over trying to lvl up my magic so that i can unlock easy locks and use the new spell... or running around trying to find ectoplasm or 5 more nine-root to finish my quest.

There are just people who dont like this kinda game, and it doesn't matter what platform they will always hate it.

deadlypencil
PC mods made the game better by tenfold.
hendrix29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 hendrix29
Member since 2006 • 10960 Posts
I really loved Oblivion, sure it was not as large as Morrowind or in-depth, but the quests were still very satisfying. If you took away the lore and story background from Morrowind and Oblivion, you'd honestly think they were different games, and that is what I like about the elder scrolls, something different to expect every time.
ThreEve69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ThreEve69
Member since 2005 • 223 Posts
i'm waiting for it on the ps3....no pc:( and i hate xbox
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Beat it on 360, played it for about 3 hours on PC. Liked both, prefered 360.
deadlypencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deadlypencil
Member since 2006 • 455 Posts
[QUOTE="deadlypencil"]

instead im casting very easy picklock over and over trying to lvl up my magic so that i can unlock easy locks and use the new spell... or running around trying to find ectoplasm or 5 more nine-root to finish my quest.

gingerdivid

PC mods made the game better by tenfold.

Thats like saying halflife is good just because counter-strike was awesome... what about when counterstrike spun off into a standalone game?

I think warcraft 3 sucks kinda. but i play DOTA a custom map for warcraft 3 everyday... that still doesn't change the fact that warcraft 3 is a bad game in my eyes. Just cause some 3rd party can make the game better then the original doesn't make the original good.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
Interesting poll. I played it on PC and didn't like it technically because the interface was obviously made for 360, the game was poorly optimized and had a horrendous amount of bugs. Gameplay-wise it was a real letdown compared to Morrowind.
buckfush311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 buckfush311
Member since 2006 • 537 Posts
This validates what I thought...

PC gamers have higher standards.