To anyone who owns both consoles. X1 PS4

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22617 Posts

I own a PS4 and I do not own an XONE yet... both have been getting the same amount of game time. Honestly though, my pc backlog and ps3 backlog have been shrinking because of it so Im not complaining. The XONE and the PS4 will be awesome... just takes time.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

My PS4 is collecting dust, no games to play, my Xbox One gets played the most by far, cant wait for Infamous so I can dust off my PS4.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#53 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

It'd be pretty silly to own both of them to be honest.

At this early stage yes. Not so much later down the road when both have vast amount of games.

nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@blackace said:
@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

For exclusives, dummy. Ryse, Forza 5, KZ:SF, Imfamous SS, Powerstar Golf, Resogun, DR3, etc.. There are a lot of future exclusive coming eventually as well. The Order 1886, Rime, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, KS: Rivals, Helldivers, DriveClub, The Last Guardian, Forza Horizon 2, etc... That's why!!

No.

lol butthurt much ? you can't take different opinions what are you 10 if you can't afford all console don't blame others for having them

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@nyzma23 said:

@silversix_ said:

@blackace said:
@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

For exclusives, dummy. Ryse, Forza 5, KZ:SF, Imfamous SS, Powerstar Golf, Resogun, DR3, etc.. There are a lot of future exclusive coming eventually as well. The Order 1886, Rime, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, KS: Rivals, Helldivers, DriveClub, The Last Guardian, Forza Horizon 2, etc... That's why!!

No.

lol butthurt much ? you can't take different opinions what are you 10 if you can't afford all console don't blame others for having them

afford lol that's like me saying i don't care about the wii and you bring me bs saying that i don't get one because i can't afford it. the shit is worthless. wtf you want me to do with the system? collect my ps4's dust? i don't waste half a grand to collect my ps4's dust and play forza/halo spam for third gen in a row.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#56 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I don't have both. I just have PS3, PS4 and Wii U. PS4 currently gets played the least. But That's only because I beat the couple games I bought already and have lots of unbeaten games on the other two. Still need to play Trine 2, Outlast and Contrast though.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

@Bishop1310:

@Bishop1310 said:

If you own both consoles are you playing one over the other right now? My X1 is getting pretty well all the use right now and my PS4 has kinda turned into a $400 netflix machine lol. Just killing time until infamous comes out some of the new screen shots just look unreal. Can't wait.

Another question if you own both which controller do you prefer? Again I'm leaning towards the X1 here. The thing literally feels perfect in the hand.

Yeah, I own both consoles. I use the PS4 more for games, although I haven't logged too many hours into it in total. My X1 gets more total usage, but more for TV and blu-ray and Netflix and such. I like Kinect, it's an integral part of the platform.

I have confidence in the PS4 as a future gaming powerhouse, but it's going to take a lot of time. An infamous here, a Drive Club there, a Destiny here, those are really only a few games. It's probably not going to be until the holiday season of 2016 that there will be a whole array of games that would undeniably make the console worth buying to most consumers. It takes time to build up, but it will get there.

I prefer the PS4 controller, it feels ergonomically great, I feel like its massaging my hand just by holding it. I don't have anything against the Xbox One controller, it's definitely an improvement over the 360.

nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@nyzma23 said:

@silversix_ said:

@blackace said:
@silversix_ said:

No.

afford lol that's like me saying i don't care about the wii and you bring me bs saying that i don't get one because i can't afford it. the shit is worthless. wtf you want me to do with the system? collect my ps4's dust? i don't waste half a grand to collect my ps4's dust and play forza/halo spam for third gen in a row.

if you don't care with xbox why you replying this thread just shut up and play your ps4

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

Back to the original question. I prefer the Xbox One controller over DS4. Mostly because the placement of the left thumbstick. Since it is used a lot, the placement is easier to reach due to it being outside IMO. The rumble trigger is very useful and brings new experience in Forza. On the other hand, there is a 3.5 mm jack for headset built directly into the DS4 while the X1 controller requires a puck adapter for headset. But the light thingie on the DS4 annoys the heck out of me.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@blackace said:
@silversix_ said:

No.

Why are you so jealous of people that own a XB1? If one system was so superior than the other, you wouldnt have to try and prove it as much as you do.

Reminder: This thread is for people who own both consoles.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@nyzma23 said:

@silversix_ said:

@nyzma23 said:

@silversix_ said:

@blackace said:
@silversix_ said:

No.

if you don't care with xbox why you replying this thread just shut up and play your ps4

I do that if you go back playing your abomination of a game called Ryse!

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

They both currently have no games. The only difference is that one machine does everything much better than the other, in just about every way and at a lower price.

Really?

Cows... LOL! So ignorant, its comical. I wish I knew where you lived so I could sell you land.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

I have both a PS4 and an X1 and my PS4 is currently un-plugged in the corner of my room. When friends come over they all tell me to start up Killer Instinct, and so my Xbox remains plugged in.

The issue is that if you have both consoles and bought mainly exclusives, the PS4 has no games that are fun with people over.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

They both currently have no games. The only difference is that one machine does everything much better than the other, in just about every way and at a lower price.

Really?

Cows... LOL! So ignorant, its comical. I wish I knew where you lived so I could sell you land.

What's wrong about what I said?

No games is just a joke, of course they both have games. I'm talking about what each system currently offers, for the most part it's completely true.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 StormyJoe

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Really?

No games is just a joke, of course they both have games. I'm talking about what each system currently offers, for the most part it's completely true.

Dude, the Xb1 blows the PS4 away in every aspect except gaming graphics. Sorry. I have used both extensively, and even my PS4 friends agree with that. Now, if you want to debate the merits of a console just being a gaming device vs. an "all in one device"; well then, that's a worthwhile discussion.

But saying the PS4 is better than the XB1 in things other than graphics - wow.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#66 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

The "Derp derp, I bought a console at launch and now I'm going to complain about the lack of games, which I absolutely could not have seen coming, on a forum" thread.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Really?

Dude, the Xb1 blows the PS4 away in every aspect except gaming graphics. Sorry. I have used both extensively, and even my PS4 friends agree with that. Now, if you want to debate the merits of a console just being a gaming device vs. an "all in one device"; well then, that's a worthwhile discussion.

Lol. I asked for proof not conjecture. If you prefer Xbone games that's fine but there are a variety of issues with that system not prevalent on the ps4, for example the insane Install times. This also isn't about just graphics, the ps4 also performs better in multiplat titles.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By StormyJoe

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Really?

Lol. I asked for proof not conjecture. If you prefer Xbone games that's fine but there are a variety of issues with that system not prevalent on the ps4, for example the insane Install times.

Can it control my TV experience? Can it let me know when a Skype call comes in? Can it go from Hulu Plus to a Blu-ray movie to a TV show to a game in under 10 seconds all while using my voice? Can I pause, rewind, and fast forward TV with the PS4? No - it cannot do any of those things the way the Xbox One can.

You are equating the two as "just video game consoles". It's apparent by your "install times" point. While that is not an invalid argument, it's one I don't agree with and is generally made by PS4 users who have never used an Xbox One before.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Really?

Lol. I asked for proof not conjecture. If you prefer Xbone games that's fine but there are a variety of issues with that system not prevalent on the ps4, for example the insane Install times.

Can it control my TV experience? Can it let me know when a Skype call comes in? Can it go from Hulu Plus to a Blu-ray movie to a TV show to a game in under 10 seconds all while using my voice? Can I pause, rewind, and fast forward TV with the PS4? No - it cannot do any of those things the way the Xbox One can.

You are equating the two as "just video game consoles". It's apparent by your "install times" point. While that is not an invalid argument, it's one I don't agree with and is generally made by PS4 users who have never used an Xbox One before.

It really did come down to tv and sports for you, eh? hahaha.

Generally one equates value in a product by what's important to them. I'm glad it's working as a wonderful Tivo for you. But if I would have paid $500 for just that, personally I'd be a bit ticked off.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#70  Edited By ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

@Bigboi500: I'd say it's silly to own one of them at this rate.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 StormyJoe

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Really?

It really did come down to tv and sports for you, eh? hahaha.

Generally one equates value in a product by what's important to them. I'm glad it's working as a wonderful Tivo for you. But if I would have paid $500 for just that, personally I'd be a bit ticked off.

But, I didn't buy it "just for that". It's also an awesome gaming machine. And there's the real difference, isn't it? The PS4 is the best at one thing, while the XB1 is great at a lot of things.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Fanboys are dieing to show off something, anything. I guess specs is all there is for many out there. *shrug*