To anyone who owns both consoles. X1 PS4

  • 71 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Bishop1310 (1109 posts) -

If you own both consoles are you playing one over the other right now? My X1 is getting pretty well all the use right now and my PS4 has kinda turned into a $400 netflix machine lol. Just killing time until infamous comes out some of the new screen shots just look unreal. Can't wait.

Another question if you own both which controller do you prefer? Again I'm leaning towards the X1 here. The thing literally feels perfect in the hand.

#2 Posted by Sagemode87 (1003 posts) -

My X1 is gathering dust. Nothing to play besides DR3. I use my X1 for exclusives only. PS4 gets most of my time because of the superior controller, superior multiplats, etc. X1 is mainly used to watch TV.

#3 Posted by regnaston (248 posts) -

Just curious... you say the PS4 is your netflix Machine

Is the PS4 app better and the XB1 version? The XB1 version is just "ok" in my books

#4 Edited by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

Xbox One is mostly collecting dust. Only bought CoD Ghosts for it and it is by far the worst CoD, got Fifa 14 & KI for free but don't like those genres. Things will change when TitanFall comes out next month. PS4 gets the most playtime thanks to Battlefield 4.

I've gotten used to DS4 but I'd still pick Xbox One controller over it. 360 controller is still the best though.

#5 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (6235 posts) -

I'm playing most my games on Xb1... mainly because I prefer the controller.

#6 Edited by blackace (20886 posts) -

@Bishop1310: i still play my XBox 360 more then my XB1 & PS4. Will start playing Dead Island this weekend and then jump over to Dragon's Crown to catch up on that. I do play my XB1 more then my PS4, mainly because I have more XB1 games then PS4. I just downloaded Don't Starve & Outlast though, so I'll probably check those out this weekend or next week as well. On my XB1, I'm faithfully playing Forza 5, DR3, Powerstar Golf, Peggle 2 and Ryse. Waiting patiently for infamous SS and Titanfall next. Only system that's still collecting dust is my Wii. lol!! I haven't touched that thing in like 10 months. I still have some great games (The Last Story, Zelda Collector's Edition & Xenoblade Chronicles ) to play on it.

#7 Posted by blackace (20886 posts) -

@regnaston said:

Just curious... you say the PS4 is your netflix Machine

Is the PS4 app better and the XB1 version? The XB1 version is just "ok" in my books

Between the XBox 360 & PS3, it's definitely the PS3 being better. Netflix sucked on the 360. Not sure if they finally updated it or not as I have used it in almost a year. the XB1 version isn't the greatest either. I haven't tried the PS4 version yet, so I can't comment on that one.

#8 Posted by Bishop1310 (1109 posts) -

@regnaston: personally I find the ps4 netflix app to be better at this point. The x1 is awesome for Tv and hulu and of course games but its netflix app is kinds brutal at the moment.

#9 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2101 posts) -

I prefer the X1 for my multiplayer games as I still think XBL is superior to PSN. When given the choice on multi-plats, I will of course go with the PS4. As far as the controllers go, I like both the X1 and DS4 and have no issues going between the two! Both consoles will have worthy exclusives however, so at the end of the day, I am glad I own both!

#10 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14454 posts) -

They both currently have no games. The only difference is that one machine does everything much better than the other, in just about every way and at a lower price.

#11 Edited by GTSaiyanjin2 (6013 posts) -

Not playing either of them.... But if I had time I be playing the PS4 more. Neither console have any games I want to play. I'm looking forward to Drive Club, and Destiny, and maybe infamous second son.

#12 Posted by HitmanActual (389 posts) -

Was playing my PS4 most days until lately, got to the stage there is not much that interests me atm so have been playing through my backlog on PS3 and Vita. Haven't played my Xbone for over a month. Usually turn it on once or twice a week just for the sake of it, but other than that it is collecting dust.

As for the controllers I like them both. Really have no preference as I am happy using either, but there are many things I don't like about the DS4.

PS4 controllers feel cheap and are of poor quality. Already had to return one with a broken L1 button after playing Zen Pinball 2 for half an hour, then started having the same problem with the new one so I had to use L2 button instead. The analog sticks are also made of garbage rubber and were starting to wear after little use so I had to get some stick covers to stop the problem. The battery life is a disgrace, have to use two controllers in rotation to keep up and the ridiculous light that can't be turned off is a fucking joke. The speaker is also pathetic.

It's like Sony tried their hardest to fuck up what could have been the perfect controller, and I am certain they knew the sticks were crap rubber and would wear excessively quick but chose to keep them hoping people would buy more controllers over time. Clever business strategy? I call it a dog act.

#13 Edited by millerlight89 (18567 posts) -

PS4 is seeing more time than my X1 and WiiU. PS3 sees more than all. PS4 has Outlast, BF4, and about to play Thief on it. X1 is used for TV right now, even though it hurts the quality. It will see playtime when Titanfall hits.

#14 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (28422 posts) -

@blackace said:

@regnaston said:

Just curious... you say the PS4 is your netflix Machine

Is the PS4 app better and the XB1 version? The XB1 version is just "ok" in my books

Between the XBox 360 & PS3, it's definitely the PS3 being better. Netflix sucked on the 360. Not sure if they finally updated it or not as I have used it in almost a year. the XB1 version isn't the greatest either. I haven't tried the PS4 version yet, so I can't comment on that one.

wahhh? lol the 360 app destroyed the ps3 app for years, then it was updated and it was inferior to the ps3 app, they've since updated it and its now superior to the ps3 app.

#15 Posted by Bigboi500 (30082 posts) -

It'd be pretty silly to own both of them to be honest.

#16 Posted by hoyalawya (342 posts) -

My Xbox One is on all the time for TV and streaming. I play multiplayer games on the Xbox as most of my friends are on Live. My PS4 generally don't get a lot of use.

#17 Edited by ankor77 (986 posts) -

XB1 i use very often for games and netflix. Ps4 has not been getting much use as it was mostly a Resogun machine for me. My PC gets 100x the usage then both of those combined though.

#18 Edited by Vatusus (4697 posts) -

Both are shit atm to be honest. Last gen consoles ftw

#19 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

I just stick to PC. Hardly any good exclusives on either console.

#20 Posted by WG_McFartypants (218 posts) -

Of the things hooked up to the tv in my den it's:

PC, Xbox One, PS4, last gen stuff...But mostly it's PC.

#21 Posted by silversix_ (14800 posts) -

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

#22 Posted by Sagemode87 (1003 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS: In what way is XBL superior to PSN now? I'm just curious.

#23 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

X1 gets much more use right now.....even when I'm not playing games it's being used for the TV integration.

#24 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

ummm so you can play all of the exclusives and the superior multiplats ( usually on the PC )....what a ridiculous question.

#25 Posted by Bishop1310 (1109 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS: In what way is XBL superior to PSN now? I'm just curious.

personally i receive a lot less "lag" when playing on xbl over psn. Bf4 was a mess so I cant count that, but I find fifa and KZ to be laggy at times online. Not to mention the low number of people on killzone. was on at 8pm 2 weeks ago on a thursday night with only 8000 people on.

PSN has come a long long way though. Sony has made up a lot of ground in terms of performance, they just need the people to buy into it. The PS+ giveaways pays for PS+ on its own.

#26 Edited by ominous_titan (731 posts) -

It goes back and forth depending on my mood, if I want to shoot ppl then it's bf4 on ps4, ryse and forza get most of my xbone time. I think the ps4 controller is better but I prefer the stick placement for Sony always have

#27 Edited by silversix_ (14800 posts) -

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

ummm so you can play all of the exclusives and the superior multiplats ( usually on the PC )....what a ridiculous question.

Please tell me what are those exclusives worth purchasing on your bone.

#28 Posted by hoyalawya (342 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

I would rather pay more income tax than get a desktop PC.

#29 Edited by silversix_ (14800 posts) -

@hoyalawya said:

@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

I would rather pay more income tax than get a desktop PC.

member since : january 21, 2014. Of course you would pay income tax instead of a rig. alts are always r*tarded.

#30 Posted by hoyalawya (342 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@hoyalawya said:

@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

I would rather pay more income tax than get a desktop PC.

member since : january 21, 2014. Of course you would pay income tax instead of a rig. alts are always r*tarded.

Cokehead. I am getting a refund this year.

#31 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

ummm so you can play all of the exclusives and the superior multiplats ( usually on the PC )....what a ridiculous question.

Please tell me what are those exclusives worth purchasing on your bone.

You know what games the "bone" has to offer....if they aren't your thing that's you but thank god you don't = everybody else.

#32 Edited by Vecna (3394 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

Fail. Wasting money on the Xbone or PS4 is a joke. They are both barely functional, stripped down pcs.

#33 Posted by silversix_ (14800 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

ummm so you can play all of the exclusives and the superior multiplats ( usually on the PC )....what a ridiculous question.

Please tell me what are those exclusives worth purchasing on your bone.

You know what games the "bone" has to offer....if they aren't your thing that's you but thank god you don't = everybody else.

That's the problem, they're games not even worth renting and no, this is not "omfg you=/=everyone" crap, this is fact. The worst part is that there's nothing in the near future, hell, the whole 2014. Nothing is coming... What were you doing last gen when nothing exclusive came out (outside of playing multiplats duh)? Wait for a new halo. You will be doing the same thing for the next 8-10 years AGAIN. So lets all forget 2014 is even here and hype 2015 titles *cough* yet another Halo game, lets hype Halo 5 and 2 months after Halo 5 is released lets hype Halo 6 that will come in 2 years... I don't know about you but this is kinda pathetic.

#34 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (424 posts) -

@Bishop1310 said:

@Sagemode87 said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS: In what way is XBL superior to PSN now? I'm just curious.

personally i receive a lot less "lag" when playing on xbl over psn. Bf4 was a mess so I cant count that, but I find fifa and KZ to be laggy at times online. Not to mention the low number of people on killzone. was on at 8pm 2 weeks ago on a thursday night with only 8000 people on.

PSN has come a long long way though. Sony has made up a lot of ground in terms of performance, they just need the people to buy into it. The PS+ giveaways pays for PS+ on its own.

EA titles run on EA servers. If you are connecting to Origin, you are using EA servers.

I will give Xbox credit in this department. They have a shit load of dedicated servers to run titles.

#35 Posted by silversix_ (14800 posts) -

@Vecna said:

@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

Fail. Wasting money on the Xbone or PS4 is a joke. They are both barely functional, stripped down pcs.

very true but if you dont have 1k+ (you dont have to remind me that you can build a cheaper rig... i know that) dollars for a gaming rig, what are you gonna game on, a 8 y old system that is pretty much abandoned? Not like there's many options available.

#36 Posted by Sagemode87 (1003 posts) -

@Bishop1310: I'm pretty sure 8000 is enough for you to find a game quickly. What does the player count matter if you get what you need? I play KZ and Battlefield online all the time, no lag. Plus the value of PS Plus? Don't see how XBL is better, but to each their own.

#37 Edited by Vecna (3394 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@Vecna said:

@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

Fail. Wasting money on the Xbone or PS4 is a joke. They are both barely functional, stripped down pcs.

very true but if you dont have 1k+ (you dont have to remind me that you can build a cheaper rig... i know that) dollars for a gaming rig, what are you gonna game on, a 8 y old system that is pretty much abandoned? Not like there's many options available.

Well, very shortly there will be Steam Machines out on the market. While a regular pc is preferable, at least they are reported to be up-gradable.

While their specs are left to the manufacturer, I am sure most of them will easily spank the Bone and PS4. Not to mention will have access to a great library of games that will only get better.

And yeah, you do not have to spend a fortune to get a pc that will dust the supposed next gen.

#38 Posted by Heil68 (45220 posts) -

X1 is used for watching TV and the occasional excluive game. My PS4 is sued for the superior multi plats and exclusives.

#39 Posted by silversix_ (14800 posts) -

@Vecna said:

@silversix_ said:

@Vecna said:

@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

Fail. Wasting money on the Xbone or PS4 is a joke. They are both barely functional, stripped down pcs.

very true but if you dont have 1k+ (you dont have to remind me that you can build a cheaper rig... i know that) dollars for a gaming rig, what are you gonna game on, a 8 y old system that is pretty much abandoned? Not like there's many options available.

Well, very shortly there will be Steam Machines out on the market. While a regular pc is preferable, at least they are reported to be up-gradable.

While their specs are left to the manufacturer, I am sure most of them will easily spank the Bone and PS4. Not to mention will have access to a great library of games that will only get better.

And yeah, you do not have to spend a fortune to get a pc that will dust the supposed next gen.

Which is running on linux. Do you expect to play many quality 2014 titles on it? i don't think so. For $400 the ps4 does its job nicely (for now. this may change when true next gen titles start to roll out).

#40 Edited by indigenous_euphoria (157 posts) -

My X1 gets played more then my PS4. But i only have Killzone......

#41 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -

@Bishop1310: Probably in total hours, I've definitely played the Xbox One more with Dead Rising 3 and Ghosts, but I still prefer the PS4's UI and controller. The PS4 is gonna through a little drought at the moment, I got Assassin's Creed 4 and Outlast on my back log but hopefully Infamous delivers

#42 Posted by Vecna (3394 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@Vecna said:

@silversix_ said:

@Vecna said:

@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

Fail. Wasting money on the Xbone or PS4 is a joke. They are both barely functional, stripped down pcs.

very true but if you dont have 1k+ (you dont have to remind me that you can build a cheaper rig... i know that) dollars for a gaming rig, what are you gonna game on, a 8 y old system that is pretty much abandoned? Not like there's many options available.

Well, very shortly there will be Steam Machines out on the market. While a regular pc is preferable, at least they are reported to be up-gradable.

While their specs are left to the manufacturer, I am sure most of them will easily spank the Bone and PS4. Not to mention will have access to a great library of games that will only get better.

And yeah, you do not have to spend a fortune to get a pc that will dust the supposed next gen.

Which is running on linux. Do you expect to play many quality 2014 titles on it? i don't think so. For $400 the ps4 does its job nicely (for now. this may change when true next gen titles start to roll out).

Realistically they will probably take time to hit the road running, Ill give you that.

However; pc gaming is easily affordable if you spend wisely and the hardware will outperform the PS4 handily.

Its a better investment for people to upgrade the pc they have, or build one from scratch. Vastly larger game pool, superior hardware, stays relevant, dont have to pay for online, has Steam, I could go on forever.

You can always get a cheaper rig and upgrade later.

The generation has just started and a PS4 title is already having to make compromises you dont have to on a pc, ie The Order. Its the nature of static hardware that gets finalized a year prior.

#43 Posted by mjf249 (2856 posts) -

I've been playing my PS4 a bit more, than my Xbox One. Both definitely need time to mature, but I am always a early adopter. I am playing my PS4 more because I have Ghosts, and Battlefield 4, and just DR3 and Forza 5 for Xbox One. As for the controllers, I like em' both. The Xbox One controller feels more natural in your hands, but I really like the DS4 just by a bit I find it more comfortable to hold on to during long gaming sessions.

#44 Posted by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

Same with OP, the PS4 has absolutely nothing to play on it atm, waiting it out till Infamous SS. the X1 on the other hand has me hooked with Halo: SA, Forza 5 and peggle 2! Looking forward to Titan-fall. Equal respect to both systems <3

#45 Posted by reggy72 (136 posts) -

I prefer the One over the PS4, mainly for the controller, the PS4 hasn't been on for about a month now. Both overall are pretty much uninspiring at the moment and neither is really worth the money, I brought the PS4 based off all the net hype, my missus brought me the One for Christmas.

I've pretty much all the launch titles for both machines including multiple copies of certain titles such as BF4 for both, play it mainly on the One due to the controller(Xbox came with BF4) ,and overall it runs a little smoother online based on my experiences , Played about 4 missions of Killzone up to that train station level have no enthusiasm to continue single player, but don't mind the odd round online with it from time to time.

#46 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

ummm so you can play all of the exclusives and the superior multiplats ( usually on the PC )....what a ridiculous question.

Please tell me what are those exclusives worth purchasing on your bone.

You know what games the "bone" has to offer....if they aren't your thing that's you but thank god you don't = everybody else.

That's the problem, they're games not even worth renting and no, this is not "omfg you=/=everyone" crap, this is fact. The worst part is that there's nothing in the near future, hell, the whole 2014. Nothing is coming... What were you doing last gen when nothing exclusive came out (outside of playing multiplats duh)? Wait for a new halo. You will be doing the same thing for the next 8-10 years AGAIN. So lets all forget 2014 is even here and hype 2015 titles *cough* yet another Halo game, lets hype Halo 5 and 2 months after Halo 5 is released lets hype Halo 6 that will come in 2 years... I don't know about you but this is kinda pathetic.

A fact is I am having a way better time with Forza 5, Ryse, DR3 and KI than I am with KZ:SF

What you don't understand about owning both consoles is when there isn't a good exclusive on one there is on the other ( shocking I know ). Last gen I had the 360 and PS3 and a gaming PC. Now I have the X1, PS4 and an upgraded gaming PC. Best of all worlds and I don't know how anybody in their right mind that can complain about that.

#47 Edited by blackace (20886 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@blackace said:

@regnaston said:

Just curious... you say the PS4 is your netflix Machine

Is the PS4 app better and the XB1 version? The XB1 version is just "ok" in my books

Between the XBox 360 & PS3, it's definitely the PS3 being better. Netflix sucked on the 360. Not sure if they finally updated it or not as I have used it in almost a year. the XB1 version isn't the greatest either. I haven't tried the PS4 version yet, so I can't comment on that one.

wahhh? lol the 360 app destroyed the ps3 app for years, then it was updated and it was inferior to the ps3 app, they've since updated it and its now superior to the ps3 app.

I'll have to try it again. The one on the PS3 allows you to create individual ids for each member of your family. It also has the "MAX" intelligence who helps you find shows you might enjoy. i haven't the XBox 360 version of Netflix in many, many months. I'll give it another try.

#48 Posted by blackace (20886 posts) -
@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

For exclusives, dummy. Ryse, Forza 5, KZ:SF, Imfamous SS, Powerstar Golf, Resogun, DR3, etc.. There are a lot of future exclusive coming eventually as well. The Order 1886, Rime, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, KS: Rivals, Helldivers, DriveClub, The Last Guardian, Forza Horizon 2, etc... That's why!!

#49 Posted by silversix_ (14800 posts) -

@blackace said:
@silversix_ said:

Why would anyone in their right mind own both systems? Buy a gpu for the cost of the bone, ps4/pc ftw

For exclusives, dummy. Ryse, Forza 5, KZ:SF, Imfamous SS, Powerstar Golf, Resogun, DR3, etc.. There are a lot of future exclusive coming eventually as well. The Order 1886, Rime, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, KS: Rivals, Helldivers, DriveClub, The Last Guardian, Forza Horizon 2, etc... That's why!!

No.

#50 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2604 posts) -

@regnaston: You don't have to pay for online to run Netflix on ps4. I won't pay for Xbox Live until there's actually something to play online for the console. I don't think Dead Rising 3 counts.