TLOU Remastered Review Thread: 8/10 Gamespot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#351  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@musalala said:

Its funny how this whole "how can someone be a decent human being after murdering a small nation of people " never came up once during her review of The New Tomb Raider, the new lara is just as blood thirsty,violent and vicious as Joel but some how Lara's love for her friends ( for whom she is doing all these horrible inhuman things for) is never once questioned not even once.

Welcome to the extremist transgender feminist agenda where ideologies such as this are ok.
Men are portrayed as monsters in film, television and games sometimes and don't say a word.

Lara Croft kills a whole island of ship wrecked for survival and it's ok.
Joel kills to survive and to protect an individual and he's an absolute monster.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#352 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@musalala said:

Its funny how this whole "how can someone be a decent human being after murdering a small nation of people " never came up once during her review of The New Tomb Raider, the new lara is just as blood thirsty,violent and vicious as Joel but some how Lara's love for her friends ( for whom she is doing all these horrible inhuman things for) is never once questioned not even once.

Well considering Carolyn personal history, woman killing a lot of guys = strong woman that is just a victim

man killing a lot of people to survive and protect Ellie= no no trigger warning, psychopath incapable of love, despicable being

Carolyn just lets her situation influence a lot her reviews, nothing personal against her but she is not fit for a reviewer.

It's established in the story he kills people because he's annoyed about his daughter being dead.

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#353 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

Ouch, major flop. Looks like I'm going to be passing on this one.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

I look forward to playing this game.... but I do not care for the uncharted games at all. I hope this is better.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By uninspiredcup

In a more sophisticated movie like Startrek: First Contact Picard attempts to make himself out as a intellectual to the black lady who looks like a boy. But she confounds him with a simple comparison and proves he is full of hate. Bringing him back to objective reasoning rather than emotionally reasoniningsg.

In Last Of Us, man with beard kills 1000 people to save Ellie Page knockoff.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#356  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Sort of funny to look at all the meltdowns in here. What were people really expecting? It's just a slightly upgraded GOTY edition. It's not like it magically became a 10.

I watched my friend play it last night. It's not the graphic jump that people acted like it would be. The AI still is rather slow in the head. Honestly other than the, blue box, the DLC being included and a little cleaner looking graphics it could be the PS3 game. Why should it get a dramatic boost in it's review score? Because it is a PS exclusive?

Anyway a review is just a person's opinion. If you don't like Caroline's opinion go to one of the sites that gave the game a 10 and read that review over and over to make yourself feel good.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#357 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@coasterguy65: but its not exclusive. I can play the game on ps3 and the multiplayer is free.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

@coasterguy65 said:

Sort of funny to look at all the meltdowns in here. What were people really expecting? It's just a slightly upgraded GOTY edition. It's not like it magically became a 10.

I watched my friend play it last night. It's not the graphic jump that people acted like it would be. The AI still is rather slow in the head. Honestly other than the, blue box, the DLC being included and a little cleaner looking graphics it could be the PS3 game. Why should it get a dramatic boost in it's review score? Because it is an exclusive?

Anyway a review is just a person's opinion. If you don't like Caroline's opinion go to one of the sites that gave the game a 10 and read that review over and over to make yourself feel good.

Taking all that into consideration; GS was being real kind and probably should have scored the year old game about a 6.5. Now that would have been some fun times for SW. :P

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@coasterguy65: but its not exclusive. I can play the game on ps3 and the multiplayer is free.

Sorry meant a PS exclusive..

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

In a more sophisticated movie like Startrek: First Contact Picard attempts to make himself out as a intellectual to the black lady who looks like a boy. But she confounds him with a simple comparison and proves he is full of hate. Bringing him back to objective reasoning rather than emotionally reasoniningsg.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Was your mother on crack before she had you?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

This is funny. Cows still crying about the game receiving the same score it originally did.

You cows act as if an 8 is a bad score or something. You act as if reviews should all be the same and everyone reviewer should copy off each other. Just pick the review with the highest score, then copy and paste.

Cows are such jokes. In times like this it makes SWs fun. Cry on you jokes, cry on.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@musalala said:

Welcome to the extremist transgender feminist agenda where ideologies such as this are ok.

Men are portrayed as monsters in film, television and games sometimes and don't say a word.

Lara Croft kills a whole island of ship wrecked for survival and it's ok.

Joel kills to survive and to protect an individual and he's an absolute monster.

Nathan is a mass murderer too. :P

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@mems_1224 said:

poor cows, can't catch a break. even the cash grab re-release flopped :(

Did it have official hype?

Nah, cows learned their lesson the first time. They're too scared to hype anything now above an 8.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#365  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Them rustled are jimmies in this thread.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Holy crap, what happened here? I peeked into this thread to see if this is where people were actually talking about the game. Nope.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 uninspiredcup

@edwardecl said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Was your mother on crack before she had you?

My mother died. Shes dead. Shes dead and there's nothing I can do about it.

Also 8.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#368 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@Krelian-co said:

@musalala said:

Well considering Carolyn personal history, woman killing a lot of guys = strong woman that is just a victim

man killing a lot of people to survive and protect Ellie= no no trigger warning, psychopath incapable of love, despicable being

Carolyn just lets her situation influence a lot her reviews, nothing personal against her but she is not fit for a reviewer.

It's established in the story he kills people because he's annoyed about his daughter being dead.

and then you woke up and realize two things:

a. i don't care what you say

b. you are always wrong

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369  Edited By tonitorsi

@uninspiredcup said:

My mother died. Shes dead. Shes dead and there's nothing I can do about it.

Wana talk about it doe?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
Loading Video...

Join Dan and Brad's Naughty Dog circlejerk.

Makes me wanna play through it again. Pretty sure I will.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@delta3074: Also, No you are wrong, Opinions can be misguided but they cannot be wrong dude because our opinions are based on what we actually Know, you cannot say someones opinion is wrong if they are blessed with less than all the Facts, there opinion is based on the facts that they DO have.

Well said. That's what I meant earlier when I said an opinion about the moon being fake is ignorance, therefore cure the ignorance and the opinion is brought up to speed or just put to rest as it is a fact that the moon exists.

Funny, I don't remember lens going crazy that halo anniversary got an 8 when the original has a 97 on metacritic. Get over it. You like the game, I like the game. What more do you need to enjoy it?

People throw around the word opinion around like it's nothing. A opinion is a point of view of something (or question) whether you have 100% facts towards something or 0% facts. While opinions are basically just a point of view on something, people can ether agree, disagree, and even be right or wrong depending on how a opinion is used.

"Phil the lawyer tells his defendant in his opinion, robbing banks and going on a murder spree is ok" = a opinion that is wrong

"Timmy says in his opinion -insert game name- is his favorite game" = a opinion you can agree with or disagree with

"Doctor Tom tells his patient in his opinion he should eat healthier or his patient can die from high cholesterol" = a opinion that is correct

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#373 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Being a better thought out game with better design, Halflife 2 has the player kill monsters.

In Last Of Us, you kill human-beings and are expected to feel sorry for these pair of serial killers.

Depends on the situation, the only time it is acceptable is when your life is in danger and you are defending it or if someone elses life is in imminent danger, killing people to steal there food or resources is unacceptable in my view.

Either way it's Murder, it's about whether it's justified or not.

Believe me , i know a bit about it, i spent 6 years in the Army and served in two conflict Zones.

Soldiers are killers, end of, unfortunately we live in a world where the only thing capable of Protecting the innocent are Soldiers with guns.

Killing to survive is a grey area.

I once read a story about a Doctor who felt guilty Because he was captured by the taliban and he was given a choice, to slit the throats of several people lined up in front of him,including children, or take a bullet in the head, he chose to slit there throats.

Was he justified? in my book . No, i would take a bullet in the head before i would ever consider killing a child much less slit there throat as the method of killing them.

Is joel right to kill to survive and for his friends survival? That all depends on his attitude towards it, if he takes relish in the Act and kills with indifference then No, it is not justified, if he Kills only because he has too and he realises that it is still wrong but he has no choice then yes, he is justified.

In joels case things are even more confusing, some would say that the Only way to survive in a world like that is to become as hard and as Callous as the killers he is trying to defend himself from, he chooses to sell his soul to hell for the Attitude he needs to keep the people he love safe.

that was my justification for the things i did, i was prepared to sell my soul to Protect others from Evil men, even though that meant becoming the very men i chose to defend the innocent from, a dyed in the wool killer.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

So a remaster of a flop, flopped again and it's not even a year old. The only thing this game mastered is flopping. This is one of the biggest flop in GS SW history and set a record for flopping twice in under a year. Ouch!

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

So 2 hours in...........so amazing.

The game swallows you from the beginning. The 2 hrs felt like 10mns, had to take a break.

So glad i took the day off and i look forward to reviewing this.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts
@delta3074 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Being a better thought out game with better design, Halflife 2 has the player kill monsters.

In Last Of Us, you kill human-beings and are expected to feel sorry for these pair of serial killers.

Depends on the situation, the only time it is acceptable is when your life is in danger and you are defending it or if someone elses life is in imminent danger, killing people to steal there food or resources is unacceptable in my view.

Believe me , i know a bit about it, i spent 6 years in the Army and served in two conflict Zones.

Soldiers are killers, end of, unfortunately we live in a world where the only thing capable of Protecting the innocent are Soldiers with guns.

I once read a story about a Doctor who felt guilty Because he was captured by the taliban and he was given a choice, to slit the throats of several people lined up in front of him,including children, or take a bullet in the head, he chose to slit there throats.

Was he justified? in my book . No, i would take a bullet in the head before i would ever consider killing a child much less slit there throat as the method of killing them.

Is joel right to kill to survive and for his friends survival? That all depends on his attitude towards it, if he takes relish in the Act and kills with indifference then No, it is not justified, if he Kills only because he has too and he realises that it is still wrong but he has no choice then yes, he is justified.

In joels case things are even more confusing, some would say that the Only way to survive in a world like that is to become as hard and as Callous as the killers he is trying to defend himself from, he chooses to sell his soul to hell for the Attitude he needs to keep the people he love safe.

that was my justification for the things i did, i was prepared to sell my soul to Protect others from Evil men, even though that meant becoming the very men i chose to defend the innocent from, a dyed in the wool killer.

I think in a world like that right and wrong goes out the window. You only have people you can trust and people you can't.

The people who thinking about morals and right and wrong are probably all dead already, those who are left and are definitely not trust worthy so you are better off avoiding or killing them if you have to which is pretty much how this game is.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

Brb, I'm part of the problem.

Notasinglefuk given. I also already had the season pass with all the DLC for the original game.

yes you are. could've gotten the game for $25 if u traded the old copy in.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#378 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@edwardecl said:
@delta3074 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I think in a world like that right and wrong goes out the window. You only have people you can trust and people you can't.

The people who thinking about morals and right and wrong are probably all dead already, those who are left and are definitely not trust worthy so you are better off avoiding or killing them if you have to which is pretty much how this game is.

I agree with your opinion on that, in a situation like that Morals will get you killed more likely than not.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 tonitorsi

@navyguy21 said:

The game swallows you from the beginning. The 2 hrs felt like 10mns, had to take a break.

Is this your first time playing it?

Cause if so, enjoy the mothafvcking thrilling ride. The game is a blast from the beginning to its absolute end.

vitonemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#380 vitonemesis
Member since 2006 • 3162 Posts

@handssss said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

Notasinglefuk given. I also already had the season pass with all the DLC for the original game.

No he isn't. I'm doing the same thing. I love my PS3 version.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

Got it downloading. Watched some multiplayer vids yesterday that convinced me to pick it up. I had the other version but I barely touched it and ps4 took ps3 spot on the shelf.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@vitonemesis said:

@handssss said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

You love a disc in a plastic cover?

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Just started the pre-load, dat 41gig...

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

LOL at all the cows trying to convince others reviews are anything other than opinions. An opinion is wrong because THEY don't agree with it hahahaha.

Cows are such losers bwhahahahaha

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#385 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@lostrib said:

@vitonemesis said:

@handssss said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

You love a disc in a plastic cover?

You're goddamn right.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By cainetao11

@coasterguy65 said:

@cainetao11 said:

Sorry meant a PS exclusive..

I know you did. I was just being a jerk. LOL

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 cainetao11

@Desmonic said:

@cainetao11 said:

Well said. That's what I meant earlier when I said an opinion about the moon being fake is ignorance, therefore cure the ignorance and the opinion is brought up to speed or just put to rest as it is a fact that the moon exists.

Funny, I don't remember lens going crazy that halo anniversary got an 8 when the original has a 97 on metacritic. Get over it. You like the game, I like the game. What more do you need to enjoy it?

That's just the motive of why it's wrong. It's wrong because he/she didn't know better (or simply doesn't want to know better), but it doesn't stop it from being wrong. It only stops being wrong after it gets corrected.

I just watched a video (linky) where two dudes discuss how Sonic came to be and whether his games were great to begin with; at a given point (several actually, whenever they show gameplay) one of the points they make is that in complement with the issue of having a very small forward screen space (from Sonic until the edge of the TV) the game gives you "no way" of avoiding enemies. It is however well known that Sonic can roll, and while doing so he kills the enemies in his path (most of them at least). One can also jump of course, but that requires faster reflexes/knowing what is ahead, thus rolling is the better option for newcomers.

So once again, we have a "wrong opinion". Be it by lack of research or willingly trying to get their own point across (that Sonic games were flawed from the start, etc) they have a factually wrong opinion/stance of this particular issue (and there were some other "iffy" issues in the rest of the video).

Sure, after being informed or learning said move they may change their opinion, but they were still wrong.

Opinions based on facts/information that can be objectively proven correct or wrong can (and many times will) be wrong. It's just how it is. The ones that can't be wrong are the "Oh, I know it's good/bad but I still like/don't like it" kind. Then again, the nature of those is incompatible with the binary nature of being "wrong or right", as they aren't about proving anything but merely remarking ones personal taste on something.

I still disagree. It may still, after learning that move, be for them not enough playing space to the edge of the screen. So the game doesnt meet their personal needs. Not every entertainment, entertains everybody.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388  Edited By navyguy21

@tonitorsi said:

@navyguy21 said:

Cause if so, enjoy the mothafvcking thrilling ride. The game is a blast from the beginning to its absolute end.

Yes, very first time.

I waiting for the PS4 version which we all knew was coming.

I managed to avoid reviews, lets plays, twitch gameplay, and all gameplay videos for a year because i knew the game was very story driven and didnt want to ruin it.

So far its paying off. The opening hour alone was gripping.

So far its hard to stop playing. Going back, its hard to see how someone could play on PS3 with all the jaggies and jagged shadows. Saw some gameplay and comparisons and OMG it was terrible. So glad i waited.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 cainetao11

@Ballroompirate said:

@cainetao11 said:

@delta3074: Also, No you are wrong, Opinions can be misguided but they cannot be wrong dude because our opinions are based on what we actually Know, you cannot say someones opinion is wrong if they are blessed with less than all the Facts, there opinion is based on the facts that they DO have.

People throw around the word opinion around like it's nothing. A opinion is a point of view of something (or question) whether you have 100% facts towards something or 0% facts. While opinions are basically just a point of view on something, people can ether agree, disagree, and even be right or wrong depending on how a opinion is used.

"Phil the lawyer tells his defendant in his opinion, robbing banks and going on a murder spree is ok" = a opinion that is wrong

"Timmy says in his opinion -insert game name- is his favorite game" = a opinion you can agree with or disagree with

"Doctor Tom tells his patient in his opinion he should eat healthier or his patient can die from high cholesterol" = a opinion that is correct

In what sense is Phil's lawyer speaking? Ok meaning not against the law, (which makes it a lie not a true opinion since he is a lawyer) God, (he may not believe in God) or saying his client will satisfy his urges and Phil doesn't care what the legal repercussions are for his client?

Timmy states his opinion, never claims it is factually correct since its entertainment and that is subjective.

What the Dr. tells his patient is phrased with the word opinion but medical research has proven high cholesterol clogs arteries resulting in cardiac arrest and death. Seems like a warning from a professional of what has been proven to happen in the case of what the patient is doing to himself.

In the end we on this board more often than not are discussing what Timmy does, entertainment. And in that realm it is subjective. So Carol or whoever's opinion of TLOU isn't wrong. It may be unpopular but it isn't wrong. We all want to believe there is this way things are supposed to be, but that isn't reality.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By tonitorsi

@navyguy21 said:

@tonitorsi said:

@navyguy21 said:

Yes, very first time.

I managed to avoid reviews, lets plays, twitch gameplay, and all gameplay videos for a year because i knew the game was very story driven and didnt want to ruin it.

So far its hard to stop playing. Going back, its hard to see how someone could play on PS3 with all the jaggies and jagged shadows. Saw some gameplay and comparisons and OMG it was terrible. So glad i waited.

There are going to be moments so unique will pretty much get you (maybe) spoiled from the story side of video games. The good part is that, at least for me, there's a good deal of replayability after the game ends with crafting and upgrading Ellie/Joel. And there's the Left Behind segment (which I haven't played) thats been praised to hell and back. Make sure you don't miss that.

Nonetheless, the overall best part is that the gameplay along with the animations, looks and feels fantastic.

I hate myself for not playing the multiplayer when I Redboxed it since I hear its pretty special and basically cut from a different cloth from the rest.

The game is just amazeballs in its entirety, man. The Hype was very well meet and deserved. The feeling of experiencing the game for the first time is unparalleled, feeling pretty envious here :P

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 navyguy21

@tonitorsi said:

@navyguy21 said:

@tonitorsi said:

@navyguy21 said:

Yes, very first time.

There are going to be moments so unique will pretty much get you (maybe) spoiled from the story side of video games. The good part is that, at least for me, there's a good deal of replayability after the game ends with crafting and upgrading Ellie/Joel. And there's the Left Behind segment (which I haven't played) thats been praised to hell and back. Make sure you don't miss that.

Nonetheless, the overall best part is that the gameplay along with the animations, looks and feels fantastic.

I hate myself for not playing the multiplayer when I Redboxed it since I hear its pretty special and basically cut from a different cloth the rest.

The game is just amazeballs in its entirety, man. The Hype was very well meet and deserved. The feeling of experiencing the game for the first time is unparalleled, feeling pretty envious here :P

Why didnt you buy it? lol

Im playing the left behind part after the main story so i dont risk any spoilers....even though it is a prequel.

Yes, the animations are great, especially in 60fps mode.

Art direction is superb and the dialogue is unmatched. Just the little touches like the back and forth between characters as you explore the environment to the way NPCs start talking to you when you walk close to them and you have an actual organic conversation about what is going on and even how they are doing. Its crazy

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@cainetao11 said:

In what sense is Phil's lawyer speaking? Ok meaning not against the law, (which makes it a lie not a true opinion since he is a lawyer) God, (he may not believe in God) or saying his client will satisfy his urges and Phil doesn't care what the legal repercussions are for his client?

Timmy states his opinion, never claims it is factually correct since its entertainment and that is subjective.

What the Dr. tells his patient is phrased with the word opinion but medical research has proven high cholesterol clogs arteries resulting in cardiac arrest and death. Seems like a warning from a professional of what has been proven to happen in the case of what the patient is doing to himself.

In the end we on this board more often than not are discussing what Timmy does, entertainment. And in that realm it is subjective. So Carol or whoever's opinion of TLOU isn't wrong. It may be unpopular but it isn't wrong. We all want to believe there is this way things are supposed to be, but that isn't reality.

There's more to Carolyns review if you read her BS twitter about Joel being a homicidal lunatic, which is kinda ironic cause she reviewed the Tomb Raider reboot which Lara goes on a killing rampage as well, which she had no issues with which is kinda sexist....

With a lot of GS reviews specially Tom's and Carolyns they put a lot of obscure bullcrap into their reviews making a simple opinion on what they thought of a game into a subject matter of stuff like "Joel is a rampaging killer who kills hundreds of people cause he loves it" "Joel is the worst character ever in a video game or movie" or "This game makes fun of American rich house wives".

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393  Edited By tonitorsi

@navyguy21 said:

@tonitorsi said:

@navyguy21 said:

@tonitorsi said:

@navyguy21 said:

Yes, very first time.

I hate myself for not playing the multiplayer when I Redboxed it since I hear its pretty special and basically cut from a different cloth the rest.

Why didnt you buy it? lol

Im playing the left behind part after the main story so i dont risk any spoilers....even though it is a prequel.

Yes, the animations are great, especially in 60fps mode.

Art direction is superb and the dialogue is unmatched. Just the little touches like the back and forth between characters as you explore the environment to the way NPCs start talking to you when you walk close to them and you have an actual organic conversation about what is going on and even how they are doing. Its crazy

I was out of state at the time, unfortunately. The hype for the game was so surreal, I gave in and rented it for $1.50 at some Redbox I found on 7 eleven lol .

And yeah you're in good time to see what ND its all about. Tlou is surely ND's "return to form", from a game design perspective. The pace, the tone, the immersion is top-quality. Especially after Uncharted 3. The voice actors for Ellie and Joel delivered some damn amazing lines and dialogues throughout the game.

You're going to get flabbergasted by Winter.

ND literally went all out for that one. Colossally much better than the last parts of Uncharted 2.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@cainetao11 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@cainetao11 said:

There's more to Carolyns review if you read her BS twitter about Joel being a homicidal lunatic, which is kinda ironic cause she reviewed the Tomb Raider reboot which Lara goes on a killing rampage as well, which she had no issues with which is kinda sexist....

With a lot of GS reviews specially Tom's and Carolyns they put a lot of obscure bullcrap into their reviews making a simple opinion on what they thought of a game into a subject matter of stuff like "Joel is a rampaging killer who kills hundreds of people cause he loves it" "Joel is the worst character ever in a video game or movie" or "This game makes fun of American rich house wives".

left behind is mixed, is a prequel but also shows stuff that happens in the game timeline, so yes it is better to play it after the campaign.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#395 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Aaah, memories..

Great memories :P

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 bublover1
Member since 2013 • 133 Posts

AHAHAHA...

OWNED, LEMMINGS!!! FUCKING OWNED!!! Lems have been anally destroyed by the arrival of the greatest game of all time. It's running 1080p 60 FPS and awesome graphics exclusively on the PS4 while lemmings have nothing but immature shit like titanfail with a pathetic 86 meta. AHAHAHAHAHAHA... Seriously, how immature do you have to be to enjoy some shitty game where you control gigantic robots? Come back when you have some real, mature games like TLOU.

Again, thanks for trying lemmings, but you have clearly lost.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#398  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@bublover1: Account suicide in it's finest.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@charizard1605: Not sure why everyone's complaining. 8/10 is the same score the PS3 version got.

Anyway, I am happy to see it on the PS4, since I skipped the PS3. Can't wait to play it.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@bublover1 said:

AHAHAHA...

OWNED, LEMMINGS!!! FUCKING OWNED!!! Lems have been anally destroyed by the arrival of the greatest game of all time. It's running 1080p 60 FPS and awesome graphics exclusively on the PS4 while lemmings have nothing but immature shit like titanfail with a pathetic 86 meta. AHAHAHAHAHAHA... Seriously, how immature do you have to be to enjoy some shitty game where you control gigantic robots? Come back when you have some real, mature games like TLOU.

Again, thanks for trying lemmings, but you have clearly lost.

Now this is what a meltdown looks like...