TLOU Remastered Review Thread: 8/10 Gamespot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#301 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Why can't they make someone better review Last Of Us? First McShea and now Petit... Can't they at least let someone that's actually good review it?

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#302 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Still looking forward to playing it.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#303 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@UnbiasedPoster said:

Joel should have killed himself and let Ellie be attacked/raped/killed by the scavengers.

That's real love <3

Sounds like a Japanese Hentai.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts
@tonitorsi said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Zaibach said:

stay failing GS,

people ask why no one comes here any more...

Traffic is higher than it's ever been.

The world admires gamespots honesty.

That's Bullshit and you know it.....and Wtf @ that last sentence.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#305 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Nice. I look forward to playing the PS4 version, as I didn't get a chance to play the PS3 version.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#306  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

live stream of TLOU Remaster's launch party?

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#307  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

@Eddie-Vedder said:

There's a reason why this place is a ghost town nowadays. 95 Metacritic. Just saying.

From what I gather you wish to see individualism and dignity sacrificed for a mass like packaged opinion that pleases the egotistical and small minded? This is a very poor point of view to adopt.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

I'm impressed. I thought scores would be lower than the original's since it's just an HD remake, not a full remake.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

People who kill hundreds are incapable of love? Huh, news to me.

I suppose Rudolf Hoess, commandant of Auschwitz, or Himmler, went home with hate in their heart for their families? Right. It's not so black and white. What an incredibly simplistic viewpoint that fails to take into account so many different factors. The Nazis did not view those they murdered as human. Therefor, they were able to detach themselves from the gravity of their actions while retaining empathy and love for those close to them as they saw their victims as essentially nothing more than vermin (literally on the same level as rodents) needing to be eradicated.

This is just one example of how one can murder yet still relate and care for others. Joel's motivations are not difficult to understand in TLoU either, as they are predicated upon much differing circumstances, circumstances that somehow flew right over Carolyn's (and those defending her) head. That being that here's a distinct difference between killing solely out of hate and malice, and killing out of love and to protect, not to mention survive. Joel's actions fell into the latter, rightly so as I think anybody who is a parent can attest that they'd be willing to kill many, many people without hesitation to protect their child or someone they deeply care for. To claim that doing so suddenly robs them of the ability to love is laughably idiotic. In fact, it's exactly the fact that Joel (and people in RL) are able to kill due to love that proves that killing is strongly indicative of their capability of doing so.

Carolyn's views on this matter are asininely ignorant, naive, and simple-minded.

According to Carolyn, a WW2 soldier who had to fight off enemy waves is equivalent to say Michael Myers (Halloween) simply because they both have killed people. Let's completely ignore why they kill people or their emotional outlook during the act. What's even worse is her pathetic attempts to justify this with some twitter posts.She can deeply analyze and hold to such high esteem something as simple as Gone Home, but fails to grasp something as simple as what is happening in TLOU? McShea and Carolyn....bleh.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

A repeat of the last thread lol wtf.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#311 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

@StrifeDelivery said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I suppose Rudolf Hoess, commandant of Auschwitz, or Himmler, went home with hate in their heart for their families? Right. It's not so black and white. What an incredibly simplistic viewpoint that fails to take into account so many different factors. The Nazis did not view those they murdered as human. Therefor, they were able to detach themselves from the gravity of their actions while retaining empathy and love for those close to them as they saw their victims as essentially nothing more than vermin (literally on the same level as rodents) needing to be eradicated.

This is just one example of how one can murder yet still relate and care for others. Joel's motivations are not difficult to understand in TLoU either, as they are predicated upon much differing circumstances, circumstances that somehow flew right over Carolyn's (and those defending her) head. That being that here's a distinct difference between killing solely out of hate and malice, and killing out of love and to protect, not to mention survive. Joel's actions fell into the latter, rightly so as I think anybody who is a parent can attest that they'd be willing to kill many, many people without hesitation to protect their child or someone they deeply care for. To claim that doing so suddenly robs them of the ability to love is laughably idiotic. In fact, it's exactly the fact that Joel (and people in RL) are able to kill due to love that proves that killing is strongly indicative of their capability of doing so.

Carolyn's views on this matter are asininely ignorant, naive, and simple-minded.

According to Carolyn, a WW2 soldier who had to fight off enemy waves is equivalent to say Michael Myers (Halloween) simply because they both have killed people. Let's completely ignore why they kill people or their emotional outlook during the act. What's even worse is her pathetic attempts to justify this with some twitter posts.She can deeply analyze and hold to such high esteem something as simple as Gone Home, but fails to grasp something as simple as what is happening in TLOU? McShea and Carolyn....bleh.

It's clear that Carolyn's never lived in a post-apocalyptic world. Silly guy!

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#312 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

I have to disagree with Carol on this one.

If Joel was killing these guys for sport, thrill, or because he was deranged..........i would agree with her.

In this case, he is doing it for survival.........to avoid being killed himself or to protect Ellie.

That kind of killing..........as a soldier would........actually brings you CLOSER to those you protect.

I have had Navy men and Marines that hated each other.....who were actually disciplined for it........fight together in Afghanistan/Iraq and come back the closest of friends.

When you actually feel what it is like to lose a close friend, a family member.........or come close to it............you value them and their lives even more.

Murder and survival are not the same thing.

Carol got this one wrong.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#313 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

My thread was better.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#314  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@StrifeDelivery said:

@MirkoS77 said:

This is for that Carolyn twitter insanity.

But let's just be blunt. Gamespot reviewers... specifically Tom and Carolyn, simply don't like the Joel character. He represents everything their ideology abhors....the masculine male.

The Left Behind dlc they ate up however ( i enjoyed it also, but because i got to revisit that world for a bit longer, where as they were giddy simply because joel was practically absent. )

You wanna let political views and agendas dictate how you publically review...then prepare for public backlash.

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 bublover1
Member since 2013 • 133 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

If Joel was killing these guys for sport, thrill, or because he was deranged..........i would agree with her.

In this case, he is doing it for survival.........to avoid being killed himself or to protect Ellie.

That kind of killing..........as a soldier would........actually brings you CLOSER to those you protect.

I have had Navy men and Marines that hated each other.....who were actually disciplined for it........fight together in Afghanistan/Iraq and come back the closest of friends.

When you actually feel what it is like to lose a close friend, a family member.........or come close to it............you value them and their lives even more.

No, you have it wrong. If doesn't matter why you kill others. You are a despicable POS and you are incapable of learning. Why didn't you just stand still and let the enemies blow your brain out? Why do you hate everyone so much?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Why can't they make someone better review Last Of Us? First McShea and now Petit... Can't they at least let someone that's actually good review it?

Ha GS actually having a decent reviewer would be a first, Kevin has his moments but then I remember his BS from 2011 - to early 2013.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Ballroompirate said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Ha GS actually having a decent reviewer would be a first, Kevin has his moments but then I remember his BS from 2011 - to early 2013.

I think Tom's the lowest point we've ever had, actually I don't know. Carol is equally as terrible in a lot of respects.

Kasavian being my all time favorite, I've always liked gerstmann but more so for his personality than his writing prowess.

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

Day 1 for me

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#319 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@StrifeDelivery said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I can't imagine Carolyn doesn't see the distinction of a soldier's duties or mass murderer's motivations, I just think she dislikes TLoU on a different level and is leveling this criticism at it as some sort of misdirected or underlying resentment.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: I have no idea why Gamespot keeps those two around, I can respect their scores for games but the shyt they say in their reviews is just, please make it stop.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#321 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

I don't see the point in reviewing a remaster.

There are games that go un-reviewed. I just played a pretty good 3DS game called Fractured Soul that wasn't reviewed here.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@amazonangry said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

@MirkoS77 said:

This is for that Carolyn twitter insanity.

But let's just be blunt. Gamespot reviewers... specifically Tom and Carolyn, simply don't like the Joel character. He represents everything their ideology abhors....the masculine male.

The Left Behind dlc they ate up however ( i enjoyed it also, but because i got to revisit that world for a bit longer, where as they were giddy simply because joel was practically absent. )

You wanna let political views and agendas dictate how you publically review...then prepare for public backlash.

No kidding.

I personally don't see Joel's character as an example of the stereotypical, meatheaded model of masculinity that they seem so opposed to. I'd say that could be laid more at the feet of characters such as Master Chief, Marcus from GeoW, or any handful of leading men in gaming. Joel was a departure from this. Sure he was violent when he needed to be, but he was also extremely vulnerable and wounded, this was made apparent from the very beginning with the death of Sarah. Hell, throughout most of the game it went to show how really broken of a man he was.

Anything other than what they proclaim him to be, and this is what makes him such a great character.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@MirkoS77 said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I can't imagine Carolyn doesn't see the distinction of a soldier's duties or mass murderer's motivations, I just think she dislikes TLoU on a different level and is leveling this criticism at it as some sort of misdirected or underlying resentment.

Perhaps they feel that in the case of carol letting her go would lead to a mass backlash within the LGBT community? I mean just look at how much shit giant bomb got for their latest hires.

Really tho, the only thing I can think of is that GS cares about money and those two bring in a lot of hits. Controversy is never far behind. Anyone that mentions them being talented needs to take a second look at the amount and quality of freelance journalists out there hungry to take those spots, so it's definitely not that.

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

I can't stand his reviews or mcsheas. IGN is a way better site. I only come to gamespot for the forums but I go to ign for reviews. I agree above. You can't fire poor little Carolyn because all he'll would break loose that is why I ignore all of his reviews.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#325 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

TLOU was an 8/10 game.

That is all.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

B-b-b-but, this game is at least 9-worthy.... 8 is like, on the fringes of acceptable. I guess as long as its not 7.5 or lower....

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 AmazonAngry

@bublover1 said:

@navyguy21 said:

No, you have it wrong. If doesn't matter why you kill others. You are a despicable POS and you are incapable of learning. Why didn't you just stand still and let the enemies blow your brain out? Why do you hate everyone so much?

You joke... but the scary thing is that I live in a state where the politicians have openly said that if someone breaks into your house... that you shouldn't fight back, such as brandishing a firearm. You could have a harsher sentence than the crook.

D4RKL1NG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By D4RKL1NG
Member since 2012 • 290 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

so people who murder can't love? do you have any proof of that? have you experienced it carolyn ?

People who murder repeatedly over and over and over are indeed unable to emphasis with other human beings. Richard Kuklinski is probably the best example of this. What Carolyne stated was a fact.

In many ways, Last Of Us is a celebration of serial killers.

My friend,In the game Joel says to Ellie "We are survivors". If you're stuck in a world gone to shit and there are hundreds is bastards trying to kill you,are you gonna sit back and say "Let's talk it out guys!!!" Think of the children!!!" ?

No you're gonna blow them the **** away to survive.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

poor cows, can't catch a break. even the cash grab re-release flopped :(

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@amazonangry said:

@bublover1 said:

@navyguy21 said:

You joke... but the scary thing is that I live in a state where the politicians have openly said that if someone breaks into your house... that you shouldn't fight back, such as brandishing a firearm. You could have a harsher sentence than the crook.

That only happens if you let the burglar live.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Brb, I'm part of the problem.

Notasinglefuk given. I also already had the season pass with all the DLC for the original game.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Did it have official hype?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Sounds about as expected. It's a better version of an already great game. Will grab it eventually.

All the ranting about Petit's re-review - and then of McShea's first review - is dumb. GS was never going to change their views publicly about this one, and if anything it's one of those reminders of how far this staff has gotten away from reviewing for the average gamer.

And no, no one is going to clean house around here any time soon. Why? Because CBS doesn't give a shit about this place as long as it performs around how it's supposed to. If they cared even a little bit they'd have gotten this site performing at an acceptable level in the last few years.

Thankfully we had the usual trolls in here desperately trying to DC a game that's now a year old. They provided the luls this thread needed. God bless those poor, sad, pathetic little things.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@mems_1224 said:

Did it have official hype?

Don't think so. No thread or anything.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

That live stream video is awesome. I wish there was something like that for Mass Effect.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@g0ddyX said:

@delta3074:

Half Life 2 is GOTY material and an industry changer.

You should be glad that TLOU stands next to it.

Can you believe people out there hate games like Half Life 2 and TLOU and others....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=750221

I dont even think that is the full list cos there are lot of other companies and magazines in countries that have not been listed. Its time you play the game and enjoy instead of joining the hate bandwagon thats if your not part of it already.

TLOU is not an industry Changer like Half life 2, and i don't hate TLOU, it's a good game but it doesn't bring anything new to the table like HL2 and it certainly doesn't deserve to stand with HL2 in my opinion, HL2 bought us a level of physics never really seen before in a game and a FAR better storyline than TLOU in my opinion.

And thats muy biggest problem around here, apparently if lots of Gamesites give TLOU a AAA rating somehow Gamespot has to fall in line and follow the herd or lose all credibility and in my View there is no point in having reviews if every game somehow has to be review and given a certain Score, not being able to have your own opinion when you review games defeats the whole purpose of reviewing the game in the first place.

You obviously Love TLOU, more power to you, i played it, thought it was a pretty good game, but it was nothing special and i have played hundreds of Pretty good games in my time and it certainly isn't the best survival horror i have played either..

Like i said, thats my opinion but somehow i know you will come back at me and say my opinion is wrong, even though by there very nature, Opinions are never wrong because they are just that, an opinion, someones point of view.

You disagree with GS review, thats YOUR opinion which holds no more or less merit than the person who reviewed the games opinion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#337  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

They could have let Waters, McInnis, KVO, basicly anyone except those two...

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By Gue1

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4: I have no idea why Gamespot keeps those two around, I can respect their scores for games but the shyt they say in their reviews is just, please make it stop.

they are like the Tom Chicks of Gamespot. Kotaku has one too in the form of Patricia Hernandez and Polygon is full of that kind. With the passing of time they are only spreading till the industry becomes some pretentious shit like film critics with people rating some games with a 0/10 because misogyny or something only them notice because of their own prejudice.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 Gue1

@D4RKL1NG said:

@uninspiredcup said:

People who murder repeatedly over and over and over are indeed unable to emphasis with other human beings. Richard Kuklinski is probably the best example of this. What Carolyne stated was a fact.

In many ways, Last Of Us is a celebration of serial killers.

My friend,In the game Joel says to Ellie "We are survivors". If you're stuck in a world gone to shit and there are hundreds is bastards trying to kill you,are you gonna sit back and say "Let's talk it out guys!!!" Think of the children!!!" ?

No you're gonna blow them the **** away to survive.

but is not just that

There's this thing called "suspension of disbelief"? This is something that every game has to deal with when trying to tell a story that offers actual gameplay. So it's either this or "Press X to Jason" if you want consistency with real life.

In the Last of Us or Uncharted neither character kills hundreds of people, that's just the repetitive nature of gaming in action. Just like Mario never gets tired, eats or goes to the bathroom. He just runs and runs stomping and killing everything that moves. Because at the end, these are game not movies, tv shows or books.

@delta3074 said:

@g0ddyX said:

@delta3074:

Can you believe people out there hate games like Half Life 2 and TLOU and others....

I dont even think that is the full list cos there are lot of other companies and magazines in countries that have not been listed. Its time you play the game and enjoy instead of joining the hate bandwagon thats if your not part of it already.

TLOU is not an industry Changer like Half life 2, and i don't hate TLOU, it's a good game but it doesn't bring anything new to the table like HL2 and it certainly doesn't deserve to stand with HL2 in my opinion, HL2 bought us a level of physics never really seen before in a game and a FAR better storyline than TLOU in my opinion.

And thats muy biggest problem around here, apparently if lots of Gamesites give TLOU a AAA rating somehow Gamespot has to fall in line and follow the herd or lose all credibility and in my View there is no point in having reviews if every game somehow has to be review and given a certain Score, not being able to have your own opinion when you review games defeats the whole purpose of reviewing the game in the first place.

You obviously Love TLOU, more power to you, i played it, thought it was a pretty good game, but it was nothing special and i have played hundreds of Pretty good games in my time and it certainly isn't the best survival horror i have played either..

Like i said, thats my opinion but somehow i know you will come back at me and say my opinion is wrong, even though by there very nature, Opinions are never wrong because they are just that, an opinion, someones point of view.

You disagree with GS review, thats YOUR opinion which holds no more or less merit than the person who reviewed the games opinion.

Opinions based on wrong facts are wrong no matter how you try to spin that shit. And if you don't realize something as simple as this I don't think you'd be intelligent enough to appreciate the greatness of The Last of Us. The blend of gameplay with story-telling that so many games try to achieve but fail.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 uninspiredcup  Online

Being a better thought out game with better design, Halflife 2 has the player kill monsters.

In Last Of Us, you kill human-beings and are expected to feel sorry for these pair of serial killers.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By delta3074

@Gue1 said:

@delta3074 said:

@g0ddyX said:

@delta3074:

Opinions based on wrong facts are wrong no matter how you try to spin that shit. And if you don't realize something as simple as this I don't think you'd be intelligent enough to appreciate the greatness of The Last of Us. The blend of gameplay with story-telling that so many games try to achieve but fail.

And what facts are Wrong dude? why don't you explain to me what was said in the review that was factually incorrect?

Also, No you are wrong, Opinions can be misguided but they cannot be wrong dude because our opinions are based on what we actually Know, you cannot say someones opinion is wrong if they are blessed with less than all the Facts, there opinion is based on the facts that they DO have.

'The blend of gameplay with story-telling that so many games try to achieve but fail.'

which , again, is just an opinion, an opinion i disagree with because i didn't find the Premiss of the storyline to be impressive let alone the storyline itself, am i wrong because it just wasn't my cup of tea?

It all boils down to personal preference, are you going to tell someone who really doesn't like survival horrors that they are wrong because they don't like a survival horror storyline, of course not, that would be naive and stupid.

I thoroughly enjoyed Reaches storyline and i found it to be a much better story than TLOU, why you ask yourself? because i Love Sci-fi far more than i love survival horror, and i liked the 'last desperate battle against overwhelming odds on a large scale' storyline 'we are going to lose but we are going to fight till the last anyway' kind of Atmosphere.

Everybody else said reaches Storyline was Rubbish but i didn't moan and bitch just because people didn't share my opinion, each to there own and different courses for different horses mate.

which , again, brings me to my point, a Review is an OPINION and people are entitled to there opinions whether you like it or not, just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it wrong, why don't you just stick to your own opinion and have the good grace to allow others to have theres without jumping on them from a great height eh?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@bldgirsh said:

Heh, that's humorous.

PlayStation 3’s best game just became PlayStation 4’s, too.

That is exactly what I was going to post

Me too. A bit of a sad state of affairs.

-

I think people are putting too much importance in review scores. It's still a great score for a great game. It's probably a good idea for people who get bent out of shape about this or the GTA V score, to maybe turn off their computer and go chill with some friends or something. It's one persons opinion and it doesn't effect you.

Maybe a review should be a rough guide as to whether a game is worth your money rather than an accurate representation of your own opinion.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 delta3074

@Gue1 said:

@delta3074 said:

@g0ddyX said:

@delta3074:

And what facts are Wrong dude? why don't you explain to me what was said in the review that was factually incorrect?

Also, No you are wrong, Opinions can be misguided but they cannot be wrong dude because our opinions are based on what we actually Know, you cannot say someones opinion is wrong if they are blessed with less than all the Facts.

'The blend of gameplay with story-telling that so many games try to achieve but fail.'

which , again, is just an opinion, an opinion i disagree with because i didn't find the Premiss of the storyline to be impressive let alone the storyline itself, am i wrong because it just wasn't my cup of tea?

It all boils down to personal preference, are you going to tell someone who really doesn't like survival horrors that they are wrong because they don't like a survival horror storyline, of course not, that would be naive and stupid.

I thoroughly enjoyed Reaches storyline and i found it to be a much better story than TLOU, why you ask yourself? because i Love Sci-fi far more than i love survival horror, and i liked the 'last desperate battle against overwhelming odds on a large scale' storyline 'we are going to lose but we are going to fight till the last anyway' kind of Atmosphere.

Everybody else said reaches Storyline was Rubbish but i didn't moan and bitch just because people didn't share my opinion, each to there own and different courses for different horses mate.

which , again, brings me to my point, a Review is an OPINION and people are entitled to there opinions whether you like it or not, just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it wrong, why don't you just stick to your own opinion and have the good grace to allow others to have theres without jumping on them from a great height eh?

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

Its funny how this whole "how can someone be a decent human being after murdering a small nation of people " never came up once during her review of The New Tomb Raider, the new lara is just as blood thirsty,violent and vicious as Joel but some how Lara's love for her friends ( for whom she is doing all these horrible inhuman things for) is never once questioned not even once.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@musalala said:

Its funny how this whole "how can someone be a decent human being after murdering a small nation of people " never came up once during her review of The New Tomb Raider, the new lara is just as blood thirsty,violent and vicious as Joel but some how Lara's love for her friends ( for whom she is doing all these horrible inhuman things for) is never once questioned not even once.

Well considering Carolyn personal history, woman killing a lot of guys = strong woman that is just a victim

man killing a lot of people to survive and protect Ellie= no no trigger warning, psychopath incapable of love, despicable being

Carolyn just lets her situation influence a lot her reviews, nothing personal against her but she is not fit for a reviewer.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By AmazonAngry

@musalala: Its funny how this whole "how can someone be a decent human being after murdering a small nation of people " never came up once during her review of The New Tomb Raider, the new lara is just as blood thirsty,violent and vicious as Joel but some how Lara's love for her friends ( for whom she is doing all these horrible inhuman things for) is never once questioned not even once.)

^ This.

Ideology driven hypocrisy is why a game like Tomb Raider would never be called into question.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#348 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@delta3074: Also, No you are wrong, Opinions can be misguided but they cannot be wrong dude because our opinions are based on what we actually Know, you cannot say someones opinion is wrong if they are blessed with less than all the Facts, there opinion is based on the facts that they DO have.

Well said. That's what I meant earlier when I said an opinion about the moon being fake is ignorance, therefore cure the ignorance and the opinion is brought up to speed or just put to rest as it is a fact that the moon exists.

Funny, I don't remember lens going crazy that halo anniversary got an 8 when the original has a 97 on metacritic. Get over it. You like the game, I like the game. What more do you need to enjoy it?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

Them Sony's be mad.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points