TLOU Remastered Review Thread: 8/10 Gamespot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#251 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@jg4xchamp said:

lol the last few pages, such piddly shit.

Yeah, because we were totally expecting anything else :P

Not nearly as fun as the original 8.0 though hehe

I actually expected no one to really give a shit. 8.0 already happened.

What I wasn't expecting was this dumb round about of useless logic

>getting butthurt over someone liking a game
>getting butthurt over someone thinking less of a game

^okay maybe that stuff I should expect because SW

>needing to explain how flops work on sw
>the complete of reading comprehension and logic failures in multiple debates
>the metacritic defense, as if everyone has looked at all the metascores and said yep, ALL of these are correct. Not one game here is overrated what so ever.
>The goty defense. Yes because the hivemind game industry awards totally fact. That's why when the hive mind makes criticisms based on political issues, I never throw a hissy fi...oh wait a minute

Then again it is system wars. So okay, I'm the idiot here for expecting too much. Well played Desmonic. Well played.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#253 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@super600: Last time I checked reviewers can have different opinions. She didn't bring up any of Mcsheas complaints other then some of the AI. She just kept his score.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#254 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@cainetao11: Well then, don't tell me to not answer brah >.>

Yes and no. Yes other media also "suffers" from these sort of reviews; No, not all are the mess we currently deal with in gaming. Plenty (not all of course) of movie reviews try to answer simple questions like story, pacing, actor performance and art/film direction. The same happens with books. Not quite sure about music though.

Of course these are much, much older forms of media thus we have much more experience in "dealing" with them. They are also easier to review in the sense that you are always passive, not active. So I suppose they make it easier to reach a more objective view of them.

Obviously like I said already, anyone is more than free to love or hate anything. No one can dispute that, nor do I want reviews to forget doing that. I just want them to try and focus on "other targets" first and foremost, is all.

Kinda what I was referring to when I said you seem to want a rule book approach to reviews and my comment about that not being our reality. I only said dont answer if you dont want it derailed because the answer furthers derailment.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#255 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

Mwahaha. The Naughty Gods bring another 6 pages of lem/herm butthurt. I predict a dozen more to come.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Gotta love the SW hypocrisy!!! Titanfall met hype on GS, cows, oh its a flop because of metacritic.

TLOU didn't meet the hype got an 8 flopped, cows, it's a GOTY award winner best overrated game ever!!! So it's not a flop cause the community and developers say so. The same community and developers that said Ryse was the best looking next gen game around but no yet again cows say no its KZ?!?!

In system wars GS score counts PERIOD, trust me I've been around I've seen it a lot I've contested it, I lost I now just accept and move on there is nothing to argue come to SW and TLOU, is a flop regardless.

#DEALWITHIT

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 bublover1
Member since 2013 • 133 Posts

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This gen is already over. No Xbox game will come close to TLOU: Remastered. You lems might as well jump off a cliff now.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@bublover1 said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This gen is already over. No Xbox game will come close to TLOU: Remastered. You lems might as well jump off a cliff now.

What a terrible fakeboy. So,you're telling that no games will score better than a 8?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@bublover1 said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

By that logic, Halo collection will include Halo CE and Halo 2, which both hold higher metacritic scores than TLOU. So, nothing on the PS4 will come close.

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 bublover1
Member since 2013 • 133 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@bublover1 said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a terrible fakeboy. So,you're telling that no games will score better than a 8?

Gamespot scores don't measure quality, unfortunately. It's like saying you have $500,000 in monopoly cash. Sure, you have more monopoly money than some kid at McDonald's who only has $20 in monopoly cash but the cashier ain't gonna accept your monopoly money.

I'm saying that no Xbox game will be better than TLOU: R.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@tacoma1972 said:

Carolyn didn't have the balls to give it a better score than McShea. He used too but now he doesn't...................................... hahahaha..................get it. Does not have the "balls".

Hahahahahahahahahahah

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@bublover1 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@bublover1 said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gamespot scores don't measure quality, unfortunately. It's like saying you have $500,000 in monopoly cash. Sure, you have more monopoly money than some kid at McDonald's who only has $20 in monopoly cash but the cashier ain't gonna accept your monopoly money.

I'm saying that no Xbox game will be better than TLOU: R.

And how do you determine if a game is better than TLOU or not?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#264  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@Desmonic said:

GS review is up brah

8/10. Again.

inb4 massive cow rage!

Let the butt-hurt commence... Oh wait, it already commenced a while ago.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

I had some really good potato salad today, which is unusual, because I normally don't care for potato salad.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#267 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58939 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

he said it flopped.... not that its worthless. many good games flop.

Yeah in SW. And he said it as if it actually mattered.

well.... on System Wars it does matter. its the rules of this forum and always has been.

Denying this... should make it ok to ignore GOTY .... because that is equally as worthless as anything else. it suggests that it was the best game of that year.... but since there are tons of genres.... and most people vary in taste.... the only people it really applies to is action/tps fans ... or plain how cutscene graphic whores in this case.... so for everyone else... absolutely worthless.

You act like your views on the game are fact. Like it's a shit game. It's simply not to your taste. You like FPS games with lot's of explosions and that's fine. But others like different things. Everybody is different.

Arguing with morons like him won't go anywhere, he will reply with some kind of stupid bs.

My friend, your tears are currently causing flooding in the south of England.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@Desmonic: It's amazing how wrong she can be at times. Some gamers love to fight over meaningless things like these. ;)

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#269 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@Krelian-co said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

he said it flopped.... not that its worthless. many good games flop.

Yeah in SW. And he said it as if it actually mattered.

well.... on System Wars it does matter. its the rules of this forum and always has been.

Denying this... should make it ok to ignore GOTY .... because that is equally as worthless as anything else. it suggests that it was the best game of that year.... but since there are tons of genres.... and most people vary in taste.... the only people it really applies to is action/tps fans ... or plain how cutscene graphic whores in this case.... so for everyone else... absolutely worthless.

You act like your views on the game are fact. Like it's a shit game. It's simply not to your taste. You like FPS games with lot's of explosions and that's fine. But others like different things. Everybody is different.

Arguing with morons like him won't go anywhere, he will reply with some kind of stupid bs.

My friend, your tears are currently causing flooding in the south of England.

My useless garbage, you should write to someone who cares what you say.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#270 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

Joel should have killed himself and let Ellie be attacked/raped/killed by the scavengers.

That's real love <3

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#271 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Great looking game but I find it amusing how so many people keep talking about its amazing critical reception and GOTY awards, because there are tons of gamers who could care less about that. Same goes for movies, I could care less which movie wins the oscars, or who wins at the Sundance festivals, etc. How many times have I been disappointed by a movie that had like 15 awards printed on the cover....."best film" at this festival, best film at that festival, 2 thumbs up from this guy, FIVE out of FIVE star best movie of the decade......etc. ...... turns out garbage.

However, Critical reception is very important for me when chosing games, but it's just one of many things I consider.... just because a game like TLOU gets amazing reviews, it does not automatically translate into a game I will enjoy, and vice versa. This game looks great because I got to play the first hour at a friend's and thought it looked good, and that kind of story interests me.....there is no need to go overbaord with that awards stuff imo, because I seem to remember that when games like TF were getting good reviews and E3 hype, well guess what it was all "manufatured hype" . But for a game like the TLOU, it must be because the game is incredible and all those critics are 100% correct, right?

Anyways, I''m not writing this to bash the game, if I get a PS4 next year this is the first game I will buy.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 uninspiredcup

@ladyblue said:

@Desmonic: It's amazing how wrong she can be at times.

An excellent objective review calling out poor game mechanics and flimsily AI.

The abuse she will receive from you fellows for being heroic and not giving it a 9.5s IGN amazing is somewhat harrowing.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@ladyblue said:

The abuse she will receive from you fellows for being heroic and not giving it a 9.5s IGN amazing is somewhat harrowing.

i still think it deserves more than an 8 and theres A LOT of reviewers who would agree. (the reason why it got so many awards). Of course at the end of the day, its just an opinion by one person and the score shouldn't really dictate what the MAJORITY think about the game (on this site anyway)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 uninspiredcup

@Ribnarak said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@ladyblue said:

i still think it deserves more than an 8 and theres A LOT of reviewers who would agree. (the reason why it got so many awards). Of course at the end of the day, its just an opinion by one person and the score shouldn't really dictate what the MAJORITY think about the game (on this site anyway)

In the 1940's most of Germany thought the Nazi's deserved the world.

Look what happened there.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#275 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@delta3074: you sound like i care about GS score and 1 reviewer LOL, i care about that some in this industrie are not able to do what they should do, a game that has multiple awards, GOTY and what not can never score a 8. FACT!

thank god only 0,5% care about gamespot

95 on metacritic that's all that matters

You would all be complaining that Scores where fixed if everyone scored the games the Same, all this says to me that GS didn't follow the Herd and sell out and gave there own opinion of the game without getting caught up in the hype machine, TLOU is a damn good game but it ain't the best game since gaming began and it didn't really push anything new.

It's a good game but i am Sorry, it doesn't reach the dizzy heights of Being a true classic in any shape or Form.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@ladyblue said:

Your stupidity never ceases to amazes me. My post had nothing to do with the gameplay mechanics, or the score. What a failure... smh<

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

One of the greatest PS Exclusive game of all times since Twisted Metal. Picking up my preorder tomorrow baby. Naughty Gods can do no wrong.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

As I said the last time TLOU was reviewed and McShea tried to use the "well it can be interpreted in different ways card," sometimes an interpretation or an opinion can be wrong. Carolyn's interpretation and opinion of a murderer incapable of love is just silly.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@delta3074: and still it has the most awards in game history a whopping 231 awards and gamespot scores it a 8 LOL!

how can anyone take a review from this site serious LOL!

Carolyn with morality opinions scores GTA 5 a 9 LOL

gamespot reviews are a big LOL

huhuhu

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ladyblue said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@ladyblue said:

Your stupidity never ceases to amazes me. My post had nothing to do with the gameplay mechanics, or the score. What a failure... smh<

My friend, the pink text made me unable to read this response properly.

It appears we will never know if you managed to successfully argue against my excellent point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#282 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

This thread has been (barring a few ugly posts) amazing. Keep it up, System Wars. Keep it up.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By uninspiredcup

@TheGuardian03 said:

so people who murder can't love? do you have any proof of that? have you experienced it carolyn ?

People who murder repeatedly over and over and over are indeed unable to emphasis with other human beings. Richard Kuklinski is probably the best example of this. What Carolyne stated was a fact.

In many ways, Last Of Us is a celebration of serial killers.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#284 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

welp...so much for the flop of us revisited lol

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#285 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

stay failing GS,

people ask why no one comes here any more...

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

It is Game of the Gen from last Gen, from the Developers of the Year.
And getting an 8/10 for Next Gen on PS4 is a big achievement.

Its not a sequel. Its a port.

Lets not forget that the DLC of TLOU got 9/10. Redemption by Gamespot.

Same old haters trying ever so hard to knock one the biggest game and award winning game in the industry since the glory days.

Currently residing at 95/100 at metacritic. Congratulations to Naughty Dog yet again.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#288 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@delta3074: and still it has the most awards in game history a whopping 231 awards and gamespot scores it a 8 LOL!

huhuhu

Which just proves you totally missed my point dude, just because everybody else gives it high awards means that gamespot should have? following the herd?

whats the point in even having game reviews if people are not allowed there own opinion, by your logic everybody has to score the game the same and anybody who doesn't has no credibility.

Can you provide evidence of those 231 awards cos i don't believe it.

I highly doubt it won that many when it only won 5 awards at the Baftas, 5 awards E3 (prerelease) , 10 awards at DICE, 3 awards at Golden joystick, 3 awards at GDC and thats all i could find on google, thats nowhere near 231.

Coincidently how many GOTY's did it win? because HL2 had 35

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

@delta3074:

Half Life 2 is GOTY material and an industry changer.

You should be glad that TLOU stands next to it.

Can you believe people out there hate games like Half Life 2 and TLOU and others....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=750221

I dont even think that is the full list cos there are lot of other companies and magazines in countries that have not been listed. Its time you play the game and enjoy instead of joining the hate bandwagon thats if your not part of it already.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

huhuhu

I think she had a point in her GTA V review. I don't think neither her nor Tom McShea's ideas hold any merit for TLOU.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#292 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

huhuhu

Ben Hur won the most Academy Awards, does that make it your favorite film?

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

8 is a GREAT score you morons. Stop attacking GS and Carolyn. Stop sucking at life.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Zaibach said:

stay failing GS,

Traffic is higher than it's ever been.

The world admires gamespots honesty.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#295  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

People who kill hundreds are incapable of love? Huh, news to me.

I suppose Rudolf Hoess, commandant of Auschwitz, or Himmler, went home with hate in their heart for their families? Right. It's not so black and white. What an incredibly simplistic viewpoint that fails to take into account so many different factors. The Nazis did not view those they murdered as human. Therefor, they were able to detach themselves from the gravity of their actions while retaining empathy and love for those close to them as they saw their victims as essentially nothing more than vermin (literally on the same level as rodents) needing to be eradicated.

This is just one example of how one can murder yet still relate and care for others. Joel's motivations are not difficult to understand in TLoU either, as they are predicated upon much differing circumstances, circumstances that somehow flew right over Carolyn's (and those defending her) head. That being that here's a distinct difference between killing solely out of hate and malice, and killing out of love and to protect, not to mention survive. Joel's actions fell into the latter, rightly so as I think anybody who is a parent can attest that they'd be willing to kill many, many people without hesitation to protect their child or someone they deeply care for. To claim that doing so suddenly robs them of the ability to love is laughably idiotic. In fact, it's exactly the fact that Joel (and people in RL) are able to kill due to love that proves that killing is strongly indicative of their capability of doing so.

Carolyn's views on this matter are asininely ignorant, naive, and simple-minded.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#296  Edited By Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@Zaibach said:

stay failing GS,

lol, good one :D

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 uninspiredcup

All the abuse for bringing the world justice. Carolyn Petit very much a 21st century Joan Of Arc.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#298  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@Zaibach said:

stay failing GS,

That's Bullshit and you know it.....and Wtf @ that last sentence.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#299  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Seems fair, I cannot say for sure cause I haven't played TLoU but 8 isn't a horrid score. I'll check it out too some day.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

There's a reason why this place is a ghost town nowadays. 95 Metacritic. Just saying.