TLOU Passes 7mil and...more SP DLC?!

#1 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

Congrats to Naughty Gods as the GOTG prepares to make it's second coming.

But what Naomi says at :40 ...interesting.

#2 Posted by finalstar2007 (25202 posts) -

Incredible sales here's hoping for a The Last of Us 2 after Uncharted 4

#3 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13115 posts) -

GOTG ? Really ? Okay....

#4 Posted by lostrib (37035 posts) -

I really need to play Left Behind

Keep forgetting

#6 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9769 posts) -

I really want and Ishmael story, but Im good if they do the Story of Joel and his brother with the FireFlies.

#7 Posted by dalger21 (1146 posts) -

I am really hoping they fight the urge to make a sequel. I really don't want a TLoU 2.

#8 Posted by Slashkice (13180 posts) -

Pretty sure they're just talking about more cosmetic DLC for the multiplayer.

#9 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21724 posts) -

Holy shit 7 million, this only means we are getting a sequel in 2 years.

#10 Edited by SolidTy (43365 posts) -

@dalger21 said:

I am really hoping they fight the urge to make a sequel. I really don't want a TLoU 2.

Naughty Dog operates the way I like developers to operate. They will make a sequel to a game series if they feel they have a story to tell and gameplay ideas to back it up. If they don't, they move on and do a different project. It's why they didn't make Jak 4 and created Uncharted 1 back in the day. They would rather create a new IP like Uncharted, Jak, The Last of Us instead cramming ideas that don't fit in an older IP. ND are granted freedom from Sony as they earned it. ND aren't forced to make sequels they aren't passionate about making. It's one of the stark contrasts when you compare the last decade to say Bungie, who were sort of forced into making Halo's (in the same time ND were making games, Bungie gave us Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST, and Halo Reach) and saw their peers including Naughty Dog create three separate IPs in that same time frame. Bungie freed themselves and are working on a new IP.

My point is, I don't mind if ND make TLOU 2, as long as they do with with that same philosophy they have been operating under since they created Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, Uncharted, and The Last of Us. Make the game they want to create, not being forced to create a sequel they aren't interested in.

Point is, If they decide to create a new IP after Uncharted 4, if they decide to make The Last of Us 2, if they decide to revisit Jak...I'm down with whatever. They have earned my trust since the original Crash Bandicoot PSOne games.

I follow developers, not brands, so they will get my money on their next big game (not counting TLOU Remaster since I own the PS3 version) because they are a developer I trust, much like Rocksteady and various other devs.

#11 Posted by blamix99 (1964 posts) -

Congratz.. best game of 2013

#12 Posted by handssss (1836 posts) -

@dalger21 said:

I see no problem with another Last of Us so long as they don't use the same characters. This was a worldwide event afterall. They could easily have a game in a different setting and maybe also time. Remember, most of TLOU was 20 years after the outbreak. Imagine how crazy things were a few years after?

#13 Posted by MirkoS77 (7503 posts) -

@dalger21 said:

I think there's a high likelyhood we'll be seeing a sequel. As long as ND approaches it with the mentality that Solid noted, I've no worries. And if they do it that way, I can't see anything good but come from it.

#14 Posted by Netret0120 (2160 posts) -

Best developers ever for a reason. Been happy with them since i bought Crash warped on my ps1

#15 Posted by SolidTy (43365 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

@dalger21 said:

I think there's a high likelyhood we'll be seeing a sequel. As long as ND approaches it with the mentality that Solid noted, I've no worries. And if they do it that way, I can't see anything good but come from it.

Thank you. Yes! It's great when developers approach a project they are passionate about instead of just cranking out sequels because the parent company has a bottom-line (like Activision's annual CODs or EA's various sports properties).

ND has gone on record about their creative approach, so as long as they stick to it, I'm down with whatever they throw my way.

#16 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25699 posts) -

Bigger than Uncharted http://i.imgur.com/S0IYRKj.png

Bigger than Gears of War http://i.imgur.com/jZ5XmUl.png

It wasn't GOTG for me by any means but I'd welcome another game set in the TLOU universe.

#17 Posted by ___gamemaster__ (2415 posts) -

Naughty Gods did it again.

#18 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@Slashkice: "Pretty sure they're just talking about more cosmetic DLC for the multiplayer."

But she said future single player dlc.

#19 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7280 posts) -

I just wish PSN would put DLC on sale like steam does. $15 for a short DLC is a lot, considering that I pay less than that for most full retail games.

#20 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5291 posts) -
@amazonangry said:

@Slashkice: "Pretty sure they're just talking about more cosmetic DLC for the multiplayer."

But she said future single player dlc.

Just click the quote button.

#21 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (585 posts) -

This is why MS will never have a great Exclusive games and last year what did they have? Nothing other then Gears of War Judgment which was crap by the way. Naughty Gods did there best last year bringing us The Last of Us to PS3 and it delivered. Congratulations Naughty Gods and I shall buy Remastered on July 29 just to finishing getting all of my Trophies and play all the DLC including Left Behind.

ND said there will be more Multiplayer DLC, not single player but I'm cool with that. Naughty Gods has earn my trust.

#22 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5291 posts) -
@finalstar2007 said:

Incredible sales here's hoping for a The Last of Us 2 after Uncharted 4

They are actually on making another game on the scale of Uncharted 4 as we speak. It could be TLOU 2, or maybe a new IP. Not being rude, but I do hope it is a new IP instead. And I hope it isn't darker and grittier than TLOU either.

#23 Posted by vashkey (33733 posts) -

Isn't that more than each of the Uncharted games? I'm surprised but I probably shouldn't be with it being a zombie game. Still, personally I lied it a lot more than all of Naughty Dog's other games and it's my favorite PS3 exclusive after MGS4

#24 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: " Just click the quote button."

Quote button doesnt work on mobile devices.

#25 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5291 posts) -

@amazonangry: Fair enough.

#26 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

More than any Gears of War game ever sold.

#27 Posted by Zero5000X (8200 posts) -
@StrongBlackVine said:

Link?

#28 Edited by MonsieurX (30269 posts) -
@Zero5000X said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

Link?

GeOW1 :

As of November 7, 2008, the game has sold 5.88 million copies worldwide.

GeOW2 :

Gears of War 2 had sold over 5 million units worldwide

GeOW3:

two million Gears of War 3 managed in September 2011.

GeoW: Judgement :

In August 2013 it was revealed that Gears of War: Judgment sold just over 1 million copies.[38]

All from Wikipedia

#29 Posted by happyduds77 (1451 posts) -

That's amazing and let's not forget that it's a new IP.

#30 Edited by Nike_Air (18328 posts) -

This may have a chance at 10+ million being on both PS3 and PS4 going forward. The Last of Us 2 is going to be monster.

#32 Posted by rosko123 (518 posts) -

The Ish story could be great if they treat it with the same amount of respect as they did with left behind as there would be a lot of storytelling and ultimately some fighting and would be set over a longer time frame than left behind.

#33 Posted by speedfog (3201 posts) -

Congratz to ND!

#34 Edited by BldgIrsh (2594 posts) -

Just Dreams Now

The game's developer has now clarified it is indeed planning more DLC, but none of it will be for the single-player mode.

#35 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (7856 posts) -

The name Naughty God is well earned it seems.

#36 Edited by Jacanuk (4568 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

GOTG ? Really ? Okay....

Shhh, dont destroy their wet dreams :D

#37 Edited by Speak_Low (1094 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:
@Zero5000X said:

Link?

GeOW1 :

As of November 7, 2008, the game has sold 5.88 million copies worldwide.

GeOW2 :

Gears of War 2 had sold over 5 million units worldwide

GeOW3:

two million Gears of War 3 managed in September 2011.

GeoW: Judgement :

In August 2013 it was revealed that Gears of War: Judgment sold just over 1 million copies.[38]

All from Wikipedia

Each Gears of War game in the original trilogy sold 6+ million units. There can be no way Gears of War 3 only sold 2 million total when it sold 3 million in its first week.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=gears+of+war

Prior to Gears of War: Judgment's release, the entire franchise sold 19 million units worldwide (including PC figures) and after Judgment, it went over 22 million - making it one of the highest selling franchises out there.

TLOU has performed incredibly well and exceeded expectations for a new IP and "zombie" game, passing the Gears and even the Uncharted games. I just wanted to correct you on your GeoW figures. Wikipedia wasn't wrong - but they only listed figures for earlier time periods and did not show the final updated numbers.

#38 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@Jacanuk: "Shhh, dont destroy their wet dreams :D"

More goty awards than any game in history. So I'm actually holding back, and could say not only generation, but greatest game ever.

Stay jelly. B-)

#39 Edited by lostrib (37035 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

More goty awards than any game in history. So I'm actually holding back, and could say not only generation, but greatest game ever.

Stay jelly. B-)

#40 Posted by Jacanuk (4568 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

Stay jelly. B-)

Jelly? ehmm, just stating the facts

The Last of Us is a good game but it will never be a great game, remove the story and its gay undertone in the DLC and its a mediocre game with bad gameplay, bugs, glitches and a AI thats poor.

So people might love it but calling a game that does absolute nothing for the genre or gaming "game of the generation" is insane.

#41 Posted by RnD_9 (79 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@amazonangry said:

Stay jelly. B-)

The Last of Us is a good game but it will never be a great game, remove the story and its gay undertone in the DLC and its a mediocre game with bad gameplay, bugs, glitches and a AI thats poor.

So people might love it but calling a game that does absolute nothing for the genre or gaming "game of the generation" is insane.

Even the story was mediocre, Joel was so unlikable. The AI in the game was pretty atrocious considering that was one of the high lights of the game at E3 2012

#42 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71843 posts) -

It's going to sell even more when it comes to PS4

#43 Edited by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@amazonangry said:

Stay jelly. B-)

What facts have you stated? All you said was something about a wet dream.

Here are facts:

Learn the difference between fact, and opinion my child.

#44 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16614 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

But what Naomi says at :40 ...interesting.

Ah yes, a journalist pulling something out of her ass based on nothing? Very interesting indeed.

I loved left behind, but it wasn't worth 15 dollars. So I'd rather they focus on a sequel instead of more SP DLC.

#45 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13115 posts) -

@Jacanuk

But the how will they ProCreate ? :(