TLOU graphical update is huge.

#1 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

http://gearnuke.com/last-us-remastered-720p-vs-1080p-comparison-simple-resolution-bump/

#2 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

Well the original wasn't exactly a looker

#3 Posted by IgGy621985 (4855 posts) -

Well I'm not sure about that "huge" part, but it does look somewhat better.

#4 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5085 posts) -

i downloaded the 60 fps trailer. the clip was suitably impressive.

i've not yet played tlou on ps3 because i haven't bought one yet, but if i get a ps4 it's a game i'd consider.

#5 Posted by MonsieurX (31157 posts) -

But there are less giraffes

#6 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1969 posts) -

First one already look amazing and I see more than simple update. concrete look more detail. TLHBO

#7 Edited by uninspiredcup (10017 posts) -

More excited for Homeworld Remastered. Cheaper, more content (a game) and a superior one at that.

Just jump on youitube and watch the cutscemes, save $60.

#8 Edited by mems_1224 (47792 posts) -

Couldn't even tell which is which if you hadn't told me.

#9 Posted by misterpmedia (3783 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

But there are less giraffes

DLC, son.

#10 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

@IgGy621985: double the fps alone is a huge upgrade. Add in 2x the resolution much better AA and viola.

#11 Posted by stereointegrity (10763 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@MonsieurX said:

But there are less giraffes

DLC, son.

LOL

#12 Posted by cainetao11 (18300 posts) -

The consensus on these new consoles is they aren't a massive leap forward, so how huge can this graphical leap be? I love the look of TLOU. If graphics are your thing by all means buy it. I am good with my PS3 copy. I'll be saving that money for another Sony game.

#13 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5085 posts) -
@misterpmedia said:

@MonsieurX said:

But there are less giraffes

DLC, son.

also, at 60 fps, i guess you need half the giraffes you'd need at 30 fps.

the giraffe frames per second would be equal.

#14 Posted by IgGy621985 (4855 posts) -

@tyloss said:

@IgGy621985: double the fps alone is a huge upgrade. Add in 2x the resolution much better AA and viola.

Yeah, but I expected they'd do a drastic update with textures. I really can't see that much difference between two versions. Also, if they stamp a full price on the box, it really isn't worth it.

#15 Posted by lundy86_4 (43864 posts) -

I'd be worried if it wasn't.

#16 Posted by cainetao11 (18300 posts) -

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

First one already look amazing and I see more than simple update. concrete look more detail. TLHBO

LOL the concrete. That is this gens "the foliage"! I am now buying this remaster so I can stare at the concrete.

#17 Edited by misterpmedia (3783 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:
@misterpmedia said:

@MonsieurX said:

But there are less giraffes

DLC, son.

also, at 60 fps, i guess you need half the giraffes you'd need at 30 fps.

the giraffe frames per second would be equal.

giraffe clicker replaces the bloater.

#18 Posted by bobbetybob (19296 posts) -
@Mr-Kutaragi said:

concrete look more detail. TLHBO

System Wars in a nutshell.

#19 Posted by PonchoTaco (2314 posts) -

One has the jaggies and one is blurry?

#20 Edited by cfisher2833 (1720 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Well the original wasn't exactly a looker

Seriously. I never understood why people gushed over it. One of my friends was playing a good bit of it, and while it's not bad for a console game, it's certainly not overly impressive. I especially disliked the piss filter they use when you're in areas with spores. It looked like garbage with that piss filter.

btw, that's not remotely a "huge" upgrade. They just rendered it at 1080p with some AA. If they're gonna charge 60 for it, they should go balls to the walls with DX11 effects, high res textures, and shit like that. Then again, maybe they just don't have high quality assets to work with ala Tomb Raider.

#21 Edited by getyeryayasout (7912 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Couldn't even tell which is which if you hadn't told me.

Agreed. PS3 is amazing!

#22 Posted by 04dcarraher (20081 posts) -

@tyloss said:

@IgGy621985: double the fps alone is a huge upgrade. Add in 2x the resolution much better AA and viola.

but its keeping the low end textures too.... all that memory going to waste

#23 Posted by lundy86_4 (43864 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:
@Mr-Kutaragi said:

concrete look more detail. TLHBO

System Wars in a nutshell.

lol, the truth.

#24 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@cfisher2833 said:

@lostrib said:

Well the original wasn't exactly a looker

Seriously. I never understood why people gushed over it. One of my friends was playing a good bit of it, and while it's not bad for a console game, it's certainly not overly impressive. I especially disliked the piss filter they use when you're in areas with spores. It looked like garbage with that piss filter.

btw, that's not remotely a "huge" upgrade. They just rendered it at 1080p with some AA. If they're gonna charge 60 for it, they should go balls to the walls with DX11 effects, high res textures, and shit like that. Then again, maybe they just don't have high quality assets to work with ala Tomb Raider.

yeah, it was laughable when sony fanboys tried to call this a graphics king. It has detailed environments (art direction) but the actual graphics are pretty bleh

#25 Edited by remiks00 (2128 posts) -

lol, "huge" my ass. Yes, it's has better AA, but looks a bit blurrier, and now runs at 60fps. Until more graphical comparisons are revealed, this is just a "decent" upgrade at best. I liked the graphics of the PS3 version and they were great. Not sure why people are going bonkers claiming that the graphics "are soooo much better!"; because they really aren't. But, by all means, buy this game if you haven't played it. It's easily one of my favorites last gen (less than a year ago.....).

#26 Posted by IgGy621985 (4855 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@bobbetybob said:
@Mr-Kutaragi said:

concrete look more detail. TLHBO

System Wars in a nutshell.

lol, the truth.

This.

Also, considering this is coming to PS4, the "remastered" version isn't anywhere near the next-gen quality people would expect. In other words, it looks like shit.

#27 Edited by Krelian-co (12066 posts) -

i still feel bad for the sand in the vaginas of people that couldn't play the GOAT.

#28 Posted by Epic-gamerz (196 posts) -

Ofcourse it looks blurrier, it's a screen cap from Youtube vs a screen shot on the ps3. I'm more hyped for the multiplayer, one of the best last gen now at 60fps. I hope they use higher resolution for the effects, explosions, spores

#29 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11977 posts) -

Man, lems must be crying over the fact that they can't play the GOAT on this gen or last.

#30 Edited by happyduds77 (1541 posts) -

I don't know how they managed to make the original look that hideous because I don't recall my copy having that much of jaggies.

But it still doesn't look that drastic and certainly doesn't justify that price tag.

#31 Edited by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@happyduds77 said:

I don't know how they managed to make the original look that hideous because I don't recall my copy having that much of jaggies.

But it still doesn't look that drastic and certainly doesn't justify that price tag.

it does if you zoom in

#32 Edited by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

i still feel bad for the sand in the vaginas of people that couldn't play the GOAT.

Only on PC

#33 Posted by happyduds77 (1541 posts) -

@lostrib: Why would they zoom-in?

#34 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Mmmm...let the asshurt begin. TLOU curb stomped gen7, and the tears of lems and herms caused the oceans to actually rise a few inches.

Can only imagine how many islands, and other land masses we will lose, as the oceans swallow them up, when TLOU 2.0 drops, destroys gen 8, and makes lems and herms cry their eyes dry.

#35 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

it's the benefit of having actual AA and 1080p. People underestimate the difference these things make.

GTA V would also be a far better looking game if it had those two things

#36 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9693 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Well the original wasn't exactly a looker

#37 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

Mmmm...let the asshurt begin. TLOU curb stomped gen7, and the tears of lems and herms caused the oceans to actually rise a few inches.

Can only imagine how many islands, and other land masses we will lose, as the oceans swallow them up, when TLOU 2.0 drops, destroys gen 8, and makes lems and herms cry their eyes dry.

why?

#38 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9693 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

Mmmm...let the asshurt begin. TLOU curb stomped gen7, and the tears of lems and herms caused the oceans to actually rise a few inches.

Can only imagine how many islands, and other land masses we will lose, as the oceans swallow them up, when TLOU 2.0 drops, destroys gen 8, and makes lems and herms cry their eyes dry.

By what definition did TLOU curb stomp gen seven?

#39 Posted by silversix_ (15251 posts) -

Is this a $60 upgrade? No.

#40 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@Demonjoe93: by winning more goty awards than any other title last gen.

Hell...it's curb stomped every gen actually. Most awarded game in history.

#41 Posted by m3dude1 (1507 posts) -

lol at pc fanboys suddenly saying uprezzes only look a lil better.

#42 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

@Demonjoe93: by winning more goty awards than any other title last gen.

Hell...it's curb stomped every gen actually. Most awarded game in history.

so what?

#43 Edited by MonsieurX (31157 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

@Demonjoe93: by winning more goty awards than any other title last gen.

Hell...it's curb stomped every gen actually. Most awarded game in history.

Because today there are far more random gaming websites than it used before

#44 Edited by ominous_titan (766 posts) -

I downloaded the first one, I bet they won't be offering this title for the ten dollar upgrade.

#45 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@MonsieurX:

So you concede it is? Thanks.

Don't you just love when tables get turned? ;-)

Thanks, buuuuuddy.

Keep on dcing...and beggin'.

#46 Posted by Sharp-Shooter89 (116 posts) -

ohhh i see, so nowww cows are saying there IS a big difference between 720p and 1080p, a few years ago they were all like "LOL HERMITZ GTFO BARELY A DIFFERENCE"

#47 Posted by blackace (21228 posts) -

@tyloss said:

http://gearnuke.com/last-us-remastered-720p-vs-1080p-comparison-simple-resolution-bump/

Better looking or not, I'm not paying $60 for the same game with improved graphics. lol!! If the price was lower, maybe, but at this point, if you already own the game, I see no reason to get the upgraded one. Sony should do a $10 upgrade from the PS3 version. I'd get it then.

#48 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16952 posts) -

Will the cutscenes be real time, or will they still be in video format?

#49 Posted by m3dude1 (1507 posts) -

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

ohhh i see, so nowww cows are saying there IS a big difference between 720p and 1080p, a few years ago they were all like "LOL HERMITZ GTFO BARELY A DIFFERENCE"

console fanboys downplay the difference and pc fanboys overplay it. its an improvement but not generational and certainly not enough to raise a games graphical ranking.

#50 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

@blackace said:

@tyloss said:

http://gearnuke.com/last-us-remastered-720p-vs-1080p-comparison-simple-resolution-bump/

Better looking or not, I'm not paying $60 for the same game with improved graphics. lol!! If the price was lower, maybe, but at this point, if you already own the game, I see no reason to get the upgraded one. Sony should do a $10 upgrade from the PS3 version. I'd get it then.

I agree they should add an upgrade fee for 29.99 or less for those whom already have the game.