TLOU 2 Coming to PS4 :)

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Seabas989 (10402 posts) -

New characters, different settings, fixed A.I., better gameplay, and better and consistent atmosphere/pacing and this game would force me to buy a PS4.

So yeah I think a sequel could easily top the first one.

#52 Edited by SolidTy (43825 posts) -

RUMOR: TLOU 2 Coming to PS4 (this source is unconfirmed)

---

Two teams at ND, we'll see what each team brings. The Uncharted 3 (AAA 92/100 metascore) team's game is due on PS4 first, perhaps this holiday, if not then 2015. To be honest though, looking at ND's history on PS2 2000 launch and 2001's Jak & Daxter, and then later with 2007's Uncharted and 2006 PS3 launch, the timing is about right to get a game from ND this year (2013 PS4 + 2014 ND game).

They can take their time, I don't care. I'm just making some observations.

The year after ND's first PS4 game, Uncharted 4 for PS4 drops, we gamers in theory should get The Last of Us (AAA 95/100 metascore) team's PS4 game (2015-2016). It's rumored to be TLOU 2, but it can be whatever that ND team wants to make. I'm behind whatever they choose, new IP or TLOU2.

Either way, we are in good hands on whatever Naughty Dog decide to announce when they are finished with Uncharted 4.

#53 Edited by sailor232 (4831 posts) -

It will be a tower defense game, top down. You have to stop everyone that wants the cure, barricade yourself in that colony by the river. It will get GOTY for its amazing AI.

#54 Posted by Naylord (682 posts) -

Dammit! This is why we can't have nice things! Will we ever get an excellent and popular game that is just a one off in the gaming industry instead of running the series into the ground with pointless sequels! TLOU doesn't need a sequel!

#55 Edited by biggest_loser (24062 posts) -

@DarkLink77 said:

@biggest_loser said:

One of the few games where the characters actually warrant a sequel. I'm interested in seeing that duo again.

Sure, but see them doing what? Their story is kind of over.

Are you kidding me? There is so much potential for conflict because of that ending.

There could be internal conflict with Joel or some bigger fireworks if that lie came out.

#56 Edited by sailor232 (4831 posts) -

@biggest_loser said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@biggest_loser said:

One of the few games where the characters actually warrant a sequel. I'm interested in seeing that duo again.

Are you kidding me? There is so much potential for conflict because of that ending.

There could be internal conflict with Joel or some bigger fireworks if that lie came out.

Why can't the humans alive (which far outweigh the zombies) go through each building and start eradicating the zombies, the biggest threats in the game are human, I just didn't see a need for a cure, if a zombie grabs you, you are dead, it must be extremely rare to be bitten and survive long enough to be cured. A team of 10 survivalists could easily clear out a few buildings each day. So if the lie came out, who cares? not like a cure would do anything anyway.

#57 Posted by Netret0120 (2206 posts) -

Oh no:-(

I loved TLOU but this sequel must have new characters and a new setting or the 1st game won't make sense

#58 Edited by nyzma23 (929 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

http://ap.ign.com/en/news/11139/is-the-last-of-us-2-in-development-at-naughty-dog-

so Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us 2 is coming on PS4

HELL YEAHHHHH

i thought naughty dog working on uncharted 4 how come they work on 2 AAA title at the same time ? it's unlikely going to happen

#59 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13681 posts) -

Please add Co-op this time. Some split screen would be nice.

#60 Edited by SolidTy (43825 posts) -

@nyzma23 said:

@blamix99 said:

http://ap.ign.com/en/news/11139/is-the-last-of-us-2-in-development-at-naughty-dog-

HELL YEAHHHHH

i thought naughty dog working on uncharted 4 how come they work on 2 AAA title at the same time ? it's unlikely going to happen

ND already have done that as they have two teams. ND worked on two AAA titles at the same time in the past with Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us.

ND's Uncharted 3 (AAA 92/100 metascore) team's game is due on PS4 first. Then we get ND's The Last of Us (AAA 95/100 metascore) team's PS4 game.

#61 Posted by hippiesanta (9892 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:

Hopefully the AI is not so shitty.

nobody ask you to play easy mode

#62 Edited by Truth_Hurts_U (9260 posts) -

I hope they port the first one over too... SO freaken love that game.

#63 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@senses_fail_06 said:

GOTY 2015 confirmed. I can see all other studios pushing their projects back a year because they know they can not compete.

Halo 4 sold 9 million, the last of has sold 4 million...why would any studio push their own title back in fear of The Last Us...its not a blockbuster game. despite it being "the best game of all time" *sarcasm*

wait nevermind, Halo 5 is coming out THIS year...so there's not even a chance of your scenario happening anyway.

-_-

Stop using vgchartz

#64 Posted by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

@lostrib said:

hopefully it's not a continuation of the same characters

Agreed. Joel and Ellie were great, but it would be great to see a brand new story from brand new characters.

#65 Posted by blamix99 (2060 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@nyzma23 said:

@blamix99 said:

HELL YEAHHHHH

ND already have done that as they have two teams. ND worked on two AAA titles at the same time in the past with Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us.

yup, Uncharted 4 coming early 2015 and TLOU 2 coming 2016. ND is working on both..

#66 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

@biggest_loser said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@biggest_loser said:

Okay, but what does that drive them to do? I don't see how you make a game out of that. There's nothing left about Joel as a character to explore. Ellie basically puts all of her cards on the table at the end, too.

So, what, it's just them in this world without something driving the plot? That doesn't sound interesting to me. I've seen everything that world has to offer. Best case scenario, a sequel is a really excellent retread.

#67 Posted by Renegade311 (334 posts) -

Yay more Uncharted rehash

#68 Edited by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

All that needs to be said.
With so many awards like studio of the year, GOTY and GOTG, of course its going to get a sequel...
TLOU2 going next gen along with Uncharted 4. Upcoming Halo 5 too. Future is looking good for next gen.

#70 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10607 posts) -

Is The Last of Us 2 in Development at Naughty Dog?

Don't believe everything you hear.

#72 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10607 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Is The Last of Us 2 in Development at Naughty Dog?

Don't believe everything you hear.

I really want them to make that sci-fi (Savage Starlight) themed game they hinted at during TLOU!

That sounds cool, but Naughty Dog has a history of trying to expand whatever genre they make a game for...and sci-fi is pretty much run dry. I don't see how they could do something new in the genre.

#73 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16659 posts) -

"Releasing in 2015, according to Omelete, The Last of Us 2 is already in production for PlayStation 4."

Sure, that seems plausible: releasing both UC4 and TLOU2 in 2015 -_-

#74 Edited by zekere (2509 posts) -

Now how about that space game Naughty Dog?

#75 Posted by Scipio8 (655 posts) -

That's great, NG can copy & paste the code for UC4 with some zombiez and bam! TLOU2

#76 Posted by TheEroica (13710 posts) -

No new ip from this dev? Fail... This news actually pisses me off despite really enjoying tlou. :-/

#77 Posted by ni6htmare01 (983 posts) -

It'll be cool if the story is about Tommy ( Joel's brother) how he establish the place that he build!

#78 Posted by freedomfreak (40972 posts) -

"Allegedly"

Sounds like confirmation to me.

#79 Posted by kuu2 (7370 posts) -

I thought Cows only liked new IPs and not sequels??? Oh well...........

#80 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

@hippiesanta said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

Hopefully the AI is not so shitty.

nobody ask you to play easy mode

meh chana not got that mode

#81 Edited by Bigboi500 (30076 posts) -

Lems cry cry.

#82 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7323 posts) -

@sailor232 said:

@biggest_loser said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@biggest_loser said:

Why can't the humans alive (which far outweigh the zombies) go through each building and start eradicating the zombies, the biggest threats in the game are human, I just didn't see a need for a cure, if a zombie grabs you, you are dead, it must be extremely rare to be bitten and survive long enough to be cured. A team of 10 survivalists could easily clear out a few buildings each day. So if the lie came out, who cares? not like a cure would do anything anyway.

The cure would have worked like a vaccine, making everyone immune just like Ellie. It would have done everything.

I'm hoping that the sequel comes out several years later, when Joel is an old man and Ellie is all grown up. She would find out about the lie, and go out solo trying to make things right.

#83 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

It says allegedly.....Do you know how to read TC?

#84 Edited by Heil68 (45220 posts) -

Not a surprise that more world class, GOAT tier gaming is coming from Naughty Gods.

#85 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@TheEroica: Well they've created more new IPs in the past ten years than most studios

#86 Edited by lhughey (4243 posts) -

I cant believe this is happening. What a surprise!

#87 Edited by bezza2011 (2559 posts) -

Well thats it for me

Naughty Dog you have lost my confidence, honestly the one development team which i thought came up with new IP each gen and have gone the way of the Microsoft and started milkage.

Uncharted 1,2,3 was enough it ended OK 2 was amazing leave it alone and move onto something new.

The Last of us was out of this world when it came to story for me, it was a great standalone game to see off the PS3, leave it alone move on to a NEW IP. seriously I'm seeing this gen as a continuation from the last instead of a fresh start, I'm slightly disappointed to be honest

#88 Edited by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@senses_fail_06 said:

GOTY 2015 confirmed. I can see all other studios pushing their projects back a year because they know they can not compete.

Are you serious?

#89 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Looking forward to it. Confident it'll be great regardless of characters/settings.

#90 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1967 posts) -

TLHBO

#91 Posted by darkangel115 (1784 posts) -

yay i can't wait till 2017 :(

#92 Posted by Cheleman (7707 posts) -

The greatest game of all time is getting a sequel?

I don't mind :]

#93 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Then TLOU 3 and Then Uncharted and Last of US all star racing later.

#94 Edited by lglz1337 (3855 posts) -

@senses_fail_06: nicely executed comment sir

#95 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Might be cool with all new characters but honestly that one trip to the world of TLOU was enough for me. I felt like I got a lot out of it and didn't realy NEED a sequel

but if a sequel is happening then I guess I would be behind it as long as it's done right

#96 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14454 posts) -

New setting and new characters, it ended perfectly with Joel and Ellie. One thing ND understands better than most devs is the Setting is a crucial character in itself.

I hope they further explore just how dark humanity can be when pushed to the edge, I'd like them to further the crafting system as well as maybe implement some more light rpg elements, nothing too heavy but just enough to keep it interesting.

This could be amazing.

#97 Posted by KratosYOLOSwag (679 posts) -

I hope this turns out to be false. TLoU fits really well as a single entry.

Hoping for a new IP instead. They really need to apply stuff they learned with TLoU and put it into their future games.

#98 Posted by Joedgabe (5119 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

Wow that's terrible. Naughty Dog used to bring fresh new IPs to every gen... Now this crap smh

^

This, as much as i enjoyed the last of us making a Sequel is only going to feel like it's going to wear out the franchise into a mediocre one.

I wish they made a fantasy adventure game.

#99 Posted by spike6958 (4839 posts) -

Disappointed. I enjoyed TLoU as much as the next guy, but it should have remained a standalone game.

#100 Edited by Gue1 (10214 posts) -

as much as I loved TLOU I'm tired of so much gore, blood and pessimism in games (not to mention zombie/apocalyptic settings). Glad that Uncharted 4 is coming first... Adventure, epic music and action movie cliches ala Romancing the Stone is what I want right now. And the fact that Uncharted 4's plot seems to be more pirate centric only makes it better.