TLOU 2 Coming to PS4 :)

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by blamix99 (1623 posts) -

http://ap.ign.com/en/news/11139/is-the-last-of-us-2-in-development-at-naughty-dog-

so Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us 2 is coming on PS4

HELL YEAHHHHH

#2 Posted by lostrib (33438 posts) -

hopefully it's not a continuation of the same characters

#3 Edited by lundy86_4 (42875 posts) -

No... No.

#4 Posted by mems_1224 (46262 posts) -

As long as it has nothing to do with the first game Im in. If is about Joel or Ellie then ND is only going to hurt how great the first game was.

#5 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13890 posts) -

Hopefully the AI is not so shitty.

#6 Edited by MonsieurX (29242 posts) -

Anyone surprised?

#7 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

SDC

#8 Posted by -TheSecondSign- (9183 posts) -

Should be new characters/locations.

We don't even need to explore the same places again. They have the whole world to set it in. Hopefully it isn't the same kind of story either. The whole "cure" thing has been done.

That said, it's an amazing game and I hope they do it justice.

#9 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -

GOTY 2015 confirmed. I can see all other studios pushing their projects back a year because they know they can not compete.

#10 Posted by silversix_ (13919 posts) -

F*ck yes. Don't care about Uc4 but do want TLOU2

#11 Posted by uninspiredcup (7667 posts) -

Another third person movie game. Great to see them move out of the comfort zone.

#12 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11523 posts) -

A sequel to the GOAT of all time?! On the best system ever released?!

GOAT of all time of all time confirmed.

#13 Posted by blamix99 (1623 posts) -

@lostrib said:

hopefully it's not a continuation of the same characters

i don't know about TLOU 2, but i heard Nathan Drake wont be in Uncharted 4. just a Rumor though

#14 Edited by tymeservesfate (1512 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

http://ap.ign.com/en/news/11139/is-the-last-of-us-2-in-development-at-naughty-dog-

HELL YEAHHHHH

wasnt this a given though...it was obvious there would be a sequel. what, you thought it was going to come out on the ps3 O_o?

also, called it, 2015 releases.

#15 Posted by FLOPPAGE_50 (770 posts) -

ND trying something new, instead of starting a new gen with a new IP like they always have, they're going back and doing 2 sequels.

This can either bite them in the ass, or turn really profitable.. one can only hope that if these sell well, they won't start doing rehashes like Infinity Ward.

#16 Edited by tymeservesfate (1512 posts) -

GOTY 2015 confirmed. I can see all other studios pushing their projects back a year because they know they can not compete.

Halo 4 sold 9 million, the last of has sold 4 million...why would any studio push their own title back in fear of The Last Us...its not a blockbuster game. despite it being "the best game of all time" *sarcasm*

wait nevermind, Halo 5 is coming out THIS year...so there's not even a chance of your scenario happening anyway.

-_-

#17 Posted by remiks00 (1650 posts) -

I hope it's a prequal

#18 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

I hope this isn't true. The first game would be too hard to top and should stay a single game. Also 2015 would be way too soon so I doubt credibility of this source.

#19 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

will it get above 8.0?

#20 Edited by Ballroompirate (22284 posts) -

Hopefully they will have new characters for TLOU 2, I don't mind if they use Joel as long as they go the prequel route with him and his brother doing bandit things then I wouldn't mind it but other than that....

I feel excited and confused at the same time with TLOU 2, TLOU was so great it really didnt need a sequel, but I'd definitely buy a sequel if done right.

#21 Posted by Chutebox (36449 posts) -

I doubt it. Uncharted 4 in the works and the DLC next month. I only one the first teams to work on Uncharted and LoU, so I hope this isn't true.

#22 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

I hope this isn't true. The first game would be too hard to top and should stay a single game. Also 2015 would be way too soon so I doubt credibility of this source.

@senses_fail_06 said:

Halo 4 sold 9 million, the last of has sold 4 million...why would any studio push their own title back in fear of The Last Us...its not a blockbuster game. despite it being "the best game of all time" *sarcasm*

wait nevermind, Halo 5 is coming out THIS year...so there's not even a chance of your scenario happening anyway.

-_-

Halo 4 sold by name only. I don't expect Halo 5 to be as successful if only because they won't enough Xbox One owners to reach that number.

#23 Posted by blamix99 (1623 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

HELL YEAHHHHH

wasnt this a given though...it was obvious there would be a sequel. what, you thought it was going to come out on the ps3 O_o?

also, called it 2015 releases.

NO of course i knew it will be on PS4, i just love TLOU. im glad there's gonna be a another one, i thought it will be Uncharted 4 and then a new IP since the ending of TLOU looks like it doesn't need a sequel. yeahh i hope it won't be Joel and Ellie as the main characters in the next game, but i will love to see them in it..

#24 Posted by Krelian-co (10245 posts) -
#25 Edited by kinectthedots (1586 posts) -

No... No.

Yes moron.

lems seem to hate to see high profile games coming to PS4.

#26 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

The Domination has Won.

#27 Edited by lundy86_4 (42875 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

No... No.

Yes moron.

*sigh*

#29 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5141 posts) -

Lets be real tea, this will be NaughtyDog's real first game on the PS4.

Not some Uncharted rehash made by NaughtyDog's 2nd string, the same guys who made that awful game in 2011 thats not even worthy of me typing its name out it was so bad.

Dont give a modicum of a fuck bout' Uncharted 4. No Bruce Straley or Neil Druckman, no care.

#30 Posted by tymeservesfate (1512 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@senses_fail_06 said:

-_-

Halo 4 sold by name only. I don't expect Halo 5 to be as successful if only because they won't enough Xbox One owners to reach that number.

Halo 4 is suppose to be a bad game according to cows and it sold 9 million. Halo is a certified system seller...its fanbase is set. The Last of Us is a second tier game, in comparison. good game, definitely...different levels between the two though.

@blamix99 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@blamix99 said:

HELL YEAHHHHH

NO of course i knew it will be on PS4, i just love TLOU. im glad there's gonna be a another one, i thought it will be Uncharted 4 and then a new IP since the ending of TLOU looks like it doesn't need a sequel. yeahh i hope it won't be Joel and Ellie as the main characters in the next game, but i will love to see them in it..

that's wsup, i'm glad you have something to look forward to then. i enjoyed it too...loved Ellie and Joel. most don't seem to want them back, i hope they at least make a cameo though.

#32 Edited by lundy86_4 (42875 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

@lundy86_4: Another young lemming in distress.

I'm a little more active than you are, so you should try harder when labelling me... Don't just throw a random name and hope it sticks...

#33 Edited by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

Hate to say this, but SDC

#34 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@senses_fail_06 said:

-_-

Halo 4 is suppose to be a bad game according to cows and it sold 9 million. Halo is a certified system seller...its fanbase is set. The Last of Us is a second tier game, in comparison. good game, definitely...different levels between the two though.

@blamix99 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@blamix99 said:

HELL YEAHHHHH

that's wsup, i'm glad you have something to look forward to then. i enjoyed it too...loved Ellie and Joel. most don't seem to want them back, i hope they at least make a cameo though.

Second tier game based on what...sales? The first Halo was no where near a 10 million seller. If that is case COD and Just Dance are the best IP in gaming and most of know that isn't true. Also no Halo's numbers are not set. When PS4 is crushing Xflop in sales 9 million can turn into 5 million quickly. You sound a Nintendo fan that thinks Smash Bros or Mario Cart is guaranteed blockbuster.

#35 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

@lundy86_4: Sorry I have a life young lemming. When you grow up and move out of the xbox fantasy land that mommy provided for you then you will understand.

#36 Posted by lundy86_4 (42875 posts) -

@lundy86_4: Sorry I have a life young lemming. When you grow up and move out of the xbox fantasy land that mommy provided for you then you will understand.

Well, your imagination isn't lacking. Congrats.

#37 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -

@senses_fail_06 said:

-_-

I said GOTY, not SalesOTY. It was a slight at the developers who cared about the pride of their work and how their game is received by their fans. Not 343i, who somehow managed to botch one of Microshaft's only valuable assets.

#38 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@senses_fail_06 said:

-_-

I said GOTY, not SalesOTY. It was a slight at the developers who cared about the pride of their work and how their game is received by their fans. Not 343i, who somehow managed to botch one of Microshaft's only valuable assets.

Nah Halo will sell 10 million no matter how shit it becomes...

#39 Edited by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -

@senses_fail_06 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@senses_fail_06 said:

-_-

I'm not sure. The Halo community seemed to hate 4. I mean that's fairly obvious in the forum posts and to see how quickly the MP was abandoned after it was released. As a long time Halo fan myself, it's sad to see how far it is fallen.

#40 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@senses_fail_06 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@senses_fail_06 said:

-_-

I'm not sure. The Halo community seemed to hate 4. I mean that's fairly obvious in the forum posts and to see how quickly the MP was abandoned after it was released. As a long time Halo fan myself, it's sad to see how far it is fallen.

I was being sarcastic. I could easily see declining sales with the series getting worse and Xbox One losing market share.

#41 Posted by biggest_loser (24012 posts) -

One of the few games where the characters actually warrant a sequel. I'm interested in seeing that duo again.

#42 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

So wait. Uncharted 4 in 2014 and TLOU2 is 2015 or both in 2015? Surely they won't cannabalize all the GOTY's those games will win by having them fight it out in the same year. I think this is an indicator of Uncharted coming this fall :)

#43 Posted by tymeservesfate (1512 posts) -

@senses_fail_06 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@senses_fail_06 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@senses_fail_06 said:

-_-

I was being sarcastic. I could easily see declining sales with the series getting worse and Xbox One losing market share.

remains to be seen i guess.

#44 Posted by lostrib (33438 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

No... No.

Yes moron.

I think he just doesn't think that TLOU needs a sequel

#45 Posted by kinectthedots (1586 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

So wait. Uncharted 4 in 2014 and TLOU2 is 2015 or both in 2015? Surely they won't cannabalize all the GOTY's those games will win by having them fight it out in the same year. I think this is an indicator of Uncharted coming this fall :)

honestly think U4 will come out early next year and TLOU2 will come in 2016.

#46 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -
#47 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8704 posts) -

Still waiting for sony to announce a game other than inFAMOUS that would interest me in a PS4... I might be able to hold off getting one for a very long time at this rate.

Who am I kidding, it's always been the third party that's produced the best content on Sony consoles. Where are you Rocksteady?

#48 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

@Pikminmaniac: if Pikmin is your favorite IP then it might take awhile to find games that interest you.

#49 Edited by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

One of the few games where the characters actually warrant a sequel. I'm interested in seeing that duo again.

Sure, but see them doing what? Their story is kind of over.

#50 Posted by Couth_ (9977 posts) -

Wow that's terrible. Naughty Dog used to bring fresh new IPs to every gen... Now this crap smh