TLHBO: microsoft to replace windows 8 before 2015

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ionusX (25715 posts) -

lems are about to be out of date again it seems. according to microsoft windows 9 is coming in 2014. currently codenamed windows "blue" this OS revision is at its core an incredibly overhauled windows 8. HOWEVER the next xbox will not be running a windows blue OS. it will be running a windows 8 based OS, meaning that by the time the next xbox hits a store shelf.. her OS will already have been replaced with something superior

poor lems r gonna be stuck living in the past :cool: then again thats the story of their platform; am i rite?

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2013/03/17/windows_9_coming_november_201463

#2 Posted by DropsofJupiter (1424 posts) -
I think this is more a case of hermits being owned than lemmings being owned, bro
#3 Posted by tonitorsi (8276 posts) -

They have to. Everyone just hates the damn thing.

#4 Posted by lundy86_4 (42886 posts) -

TC isn't all that bright. Not sure how this will impact Lems.

#5 Posted by ionusX (25715 posts) -

I think this is more a case of hermits being owned than lemmings being owned, broDropsofJupiter
yes if less than 5%  of hermits counts as "ownage" :lol: poor lem.. butthurt to the max..

#6 Posted by NoodleFighter (6964 posts) -

It better have DX12

#7 Posted by hexashadow13 (5157 posts) -
I think this is more a case of hermits being owned than lemmings being owned, broDropsofJupiter
So they'll release DX 12 solely for it? Otherwise it wouldn't matter. Even if they did, it still probably wouldn't matter as dev support would probably be limited till everyone had DX 12 anyway.
#8 Posted by DropsofJupiter (1424 posts) -

[QUOTE="DropsofJupiter"]I think this is more a case of hermits being owned than lemmings being owned, broionusX

yes if less than 5%  of hermits counts as "ownage" :lol: poor lem.. butthurt to the max..

Me a lem? Oh, this is gold.
#9 Posted by casharmy (6822 posts) -

TC isn't all that bright. Not sure how this will impact Lems.

lundy86_4

#10 Posted by hexashadow13 (5157 posts) -

[QUOTE="DropsofJupiter"]I think this is more a case of hermits being owned than lemmings being owned, broionusX

#11 Posted by stayhigh1 (723 posts) -
I say both..Lemming running on outdated software!
#12 Posted by casharmy (6822 posts) -

[QUOTE="DropsofJupiter"]I think this is more a case of hermits being owned than lemmings being owned, brostayhigh1
I say both..Lemming running on outdated software!

and? 

Everything will be made to run and operate under that operating system regardless of what it is...consoles are a closed box system after all.  Lems aren't going to need to update the OS in order to do anything with the system so how are they owned?

#13 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

Advancements and changes in hardware and software count as ownage these days? :?

#14 Posted by wakefulness (3989 posts) -

What's going to be so hard about upgrading any OS in the Next Xbox?

I've heard that the 360 at launch is nothing like it is today, so MS can surely upgrade anything it sees fit next gen.

#15 Posted by Obviously_Right (5091 posts) -

TC is a moron.

#16 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -
I like owning lems as much as anybody but I don't see how this owns them :|
#17 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13164 posts) -

Because it sucks.

#18 Posted by GamingGod999 (2947 posts) -

I'm only starting to get the hang of it! :x

#19 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13164 posts) -

I'm only starting to get the hang of it! :x

GamingGod999

Once you learn the keyboard shortcuts its's not so bad.

but really, it's bad.

#20 Posted by Heil68 (43285 posts) -
Good, it sucks for a desktop OS.
#21 Posted by Slow_Show (2153 posts) -

This is dumb. People have known about Blue for a while, it's just MS switching Windows over to more of an OS X-style update schedule (i.e. a $20-30 update every year instead of one $100 update every three years). So not only is it not a big deal (for all intents and purposes Blue isn't much more than Windows 8 SP1), but MS is obviously going to design the Xbox 3 OS such that it can be updated alongside Windows. 

#22 Posted by ebrezzy1 (1403 posts) -

someone didn't think this through ... poor herms 

#23 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23437 posts) -

TEWHBO.

the entire world has been owned.

#24 Posted by JohnF111 (14048 posts) -
Who's to say MS won't update the Xbox OS to the new one?
#25 Posted by -RocBoys9489- (6192 posts) -
Guess the TC has never heard of OS updates LOL
#26 Posted by Duckyindiana (2288 posts) -

TC is a moron.

Obviously_Right

You only just found that out!! :o

#27 Posted by wis3boi (31039 posts) -

Good, it sucks for a desktop OS.Heil68

#28 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

8 is the new Vista. 7 is the new XP.

#29 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

Microsoft made a lot of really dumb decisions with windows 8, hopefully they'll fix them all in time.

#30 Posted by mariokart64fan (19361 posts) -

What i just upgraded to 8 2 mos ago ,what in the blues  earth? ms suck my cylindar dry im not buying

#31 Posted by Puckhog04 (22606 posts) -

How does this have anything to do with Lemmings? The NextXbox is going to be static hardware. It's more of a knock on pc gamers.

#32 Posted by silversix_ (13954 posts) -
W7 is good until 2020, fk da police.
#33 Posted by sonic_spark (4596 posts) -

I'm still using XP. 

#34 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -

They will continue to release new versions of Winows :shock:

#35 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6736 posts) -
Meh. I I'll continue using Windows 7 until MS puts out a worthwhile update. Windows 8 is pure rubbish.
#36 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
I don't see the issue here. Preventing obsolescence and irrelevancy is very important in the world of OS's.
#37 Posted by MstaPrimeMnista (1073 posts) -
Poor lemmings, things just keep getting worse for them
#38 Posted by LustForSoul (5840 posts) -
I'm sure the 720 OS will be somewhat different than your normal W8.
#39 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="DropsofJupiter"]I think this is more a case of hermits being owned than lemmings being owned, broDropsofJupiter

Me a lem? Oh, this is gold.

clearly the master of the sheep and a manticore at heart is a blatant lemming in disguised

#40 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -
Who's to say MS won't update the Xbox OS to the new one? JohnF111
Bad idea; that's how regression bugs get introduced. What will happen, however, is the SDK will be updated and the libraries used in newer games.
#41 Posted by Chutebox (36463 posts) -

Not sure if this is been said, but what does this have to do with Lemmings?

#42 Posted by mems_1224 (46312 posts) -

Look at that reach! You're so close

#43 Posted by Optical_Order (5100 posts) -

TC is a moron.

Obviously_Right

#44 Posted by tormentos (16822 posts) -

lems are about to be out of date again it seems. according to microsoft windows 9 is coming in 2014. currently codenamed windows "blue" this OS revision is at its core an incredibly overhauled windows 8. HOWEVER the next xbox will not be running a windows blue OS. it will be running a windows 8 based OS, meaning that by the time the next xbox hits a store shelf.. her OS will already have been replaced with something superior

poor lems r gonna be stuck living in the past :cool: then again thats the story of their platform; am i rite?

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2013/03/17/windows_9_coming_november_201463

ionusX
Watch out lemms next time MS could say hey you want to upgrade to windows now.? we upgrade you for $60...:lol:
#45 Posted by coasterguy65 (5849 posts) -

Any proof that the Nextbox is running Windows 8 to begin with? More than likely it will have it's own customized OS. Which of course will be updated throughout the life of the console. 

#46 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -
So... Windows 8 = Windows 8 Vista.