Titanfall update detailed #fuck bots

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

so to all u bot lovers aka noobs i have some bad news. respawn are adding a new playlist

'Pilot Skirmish is the New Featured Game Mode - Pilot Skirmish is an 8v8 mode with no AI and no Titans. Due to the difference in player sizes with the rest of the game modes, Pilot Skirmish will not be among the game modes played when choosing Variety Pack playlist.'

also marked for death has been made a permanent playlist. full list of update here

what do u think sw? i think its great move but the maps are very big for just 16 players, maybe they have reduced the map sizes for this playlist. i still want bots removed from all playlists but this is step in right direction

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Why are bots a bad thing? Makes the battlefield seem more energetic.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I didn't mind the bots and no Titans? No thanks.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

I barely played the game (probably 2-3 hours, couldn't get into it), but the design of the implementation of the bots basically ruined competitive FPS play. It allowed players to get their Titans much quicker by simply farming easy kills thus always having the Titan (the power piece) on the field.

My guess is some players would rather it be purely competitive between players without having any interference from bots. It's a smart idea for a playlist.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ghostwarrior786

@parkurtommo said:

i dont care about energy, bots fuckin suck. competitive games shouldnt have ai running around shooting at u + its hard sometimes to differentiate between real players and bots + it is so annoying when u get killed by real player because u were shooting a bot

@chikenfriedrice said:

the best thing about titanfall is the movement, titans are pretty good but i dont really care about them

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Did you even play the final game?

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 parkurtommo

@Wasdie said:

@parkurtommo said:

I barely played the game (probably 2-3 hours, couldn't get into it), but the design of the implementation of the bots basically ruined competitive FPS play. It allowed players to get their Titans much quicker by simply farming easy kills thus always having the Titan (the power piece) on the field.

My guess is some players would rather it be purely competitive between players without having any interference from bots. It's a smart idea for a playlist.

Ah, that makes sense then. They should probably balance that out (might be too late).

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ghostwarrior786

@lostrib said:

i only played the final game, i never played the beta. funny thing is i just deleted it yesterday and there is no way in hell im going to download 40gb again so i will just buy x1 version

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lostrib

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

i only played the final game, i never played the beta. funny thing is i just deleted it yesterday and there is no way in hell im going to download 40gb again so i will just buy x1 version

prove it

and the download is actually 21GB

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

prove it

haha bullshit, the download if 40gb. that audio installation took the piss

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lostrib

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

prove it

it's a 21GB download

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

Bots are stupid. It doesnt feel satisfying to headshot an ai than a human player. I want to say at the end of the headshot I own your ass through the mic. Can you say that to an ai? Yea you can but the ai has no reactions and will run along like nothing personal just happened between the two of you.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ghostwarrior786

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@lostrib said:

prove it

it's a 21GB download

damn u lostrib!! yh u right its 21 but the actual folder after its installed is 40gb+

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@parkurtommo said:

i dont care about energy, bots fuckin suck. competitive games shouldnt have ai running around shooting at u + its hard sometimes to differentiate between real players and bots + it is so annoying when u get killed by real player because u were shooting a bot

@chikenfriedrice said:

the best thing about titanfall is the movement, titans are pretty good but i dont really care about them

lol it was hard to tell the difference if you were a complete scrub. your not likely as good as you think you are.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ghostwarrior786

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

lol it was hard to tell the difference if you were a complete scrub. your not likely as good as you think you are.

i never claimed to be good at the game, i just played it for 24 hours to get a feel for it and didnt like it so i stopped playing. play me in bad company 2 please i dare u

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

And this is not Call of Duty?

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By parkurtommo

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

play me in bad company 2 please i dare u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@parkurtommo said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Bitches about one game, suggests another not even designed for one on one..... and much slower paced... lol scrub confirmed.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60679 Posts

Bots are the only way I get kills :P

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ghostwarrior786

@MBirdy88 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Bitches about one game, suggests another not even designed for one on one..... and much slower paced... lol scrub confirmed.

and how the hell is titanfall designed for 1 vs 1? and what does slower pace have to do with anything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

and how the hell is titanfall designed for 1 vs 1? and what does slower pace have to do with anything

I didn't say it was.... you brought one on one into it! titanfall was too fast paced for you to tell the difference between players and bots! lolscrub

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Oh nooooo how are the kids playing this game gonna keep up their 20+ K/D? This game is such a joke lmao

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ghostwarrior786

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I didn't say it was.... you brought one on one into it! titanfall was too fast paced for you to tell the difference between players and bots! lolscrub

wow haha when did i mention 1 vs 1? i said play against me in bad company 2 as in be in the opposite team and watch me nemesis ur ass. and no titanfall isnt that fast paced, it fukin boring going around looking for actual players instead of bots. but i guess u still butthurt because i said pc sucks haha keep crying

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@parkurtommo said:

If you want a competitve shooter, then you shouldn't be playing high profile games like Battlefield, Call of Duty, and TItanfall anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

wow haha when did i mention 1 vs 1? i said play against me in bad company 2 as in be in the opposite team and watch me nemesis ur ass. and no titanfall isnt that fast paced, it fukin boring going around looking for actual players instead of bots. but i guess u still butthurt because i said pc sucks haha keep crying

lol now the scrub cant find people even though there are many helpful indicators....

stick to camping on slow bad company scrub

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Now I might play this again. Only thing missing is a no bot playlist where titans are also available

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ghostwarrior786

@MBirdy88: haha quite the meltdown u are having. titanfall is a game for scubs, keep killing bots thinking u the shit. 'bu-bu-bu fast paced!!!!!' pace dont mean shit noob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88: haha quite the meltdown u are having. titanfall is a game for scubs, keep killing bots thinking u the shit. 'bu-bu-bu fast paced!!!!!' pace dont mean shit noob

Can't get over the bots... cant tell the difference... needs a clear and very easy slow moving target "dat skill" stop embarrassing yourself scrub.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Can't get over the bots... cant tell the difference... needs a clear and very easy slow moving target "dat skill" stop embarrassing yourself scrub.

'cant get over bots' well they are in every fukin playlist. keeps using the word scrub yet plays titanfall haha the irony bet u having even played bad company 2, anyone can hold a positive k/d in titanfall game is easy as shit try doing that in bc2 and u get ur ass handed to u

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

ADHD shooters, meh. The only FPS game I've ever enjoyed is counter-strike because it requires some level of skill to master.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

'cant get over bots' well they are in every fukin playlist. keeps using the word scrub yet plays titanfall haha the irony bet u having even played bad company 2, anyone can hold a positive k/d in titanfall game is easy as shit try doing that in bc2 and u get ur ass handed to u

Theyre both scrub level shooters... just one is faster and multi-leveled than the other. more reminiscent of arena shooters... but yea... your slow moving barely any recoil or bullet drop bf bad company .... nobody cares, the games died ages ago.

You make it sound like anyone cared about BC2 competitively. poor poor scrub.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@parkurtommo said:

The bots are "the creep" in Titanfall. You're meant to farm them like in a MOBA to get your Titan.

I'm not 100% sure that I approve of that decision, but I can at least see where it's coming from.

As for this new playlist, I approve of the 8v8, and of them taking out the mobs, but why didn't they leave the titans in?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50494 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

REally? They sit there and wait to be shot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Chutebox said:

@parkurtommo said:

..... do we have to go over this again... if they were actually smart then that would TRULY remove the player vs player element.

They are for show, for powering up, for spotting and revealing players. they serve their function perfectly fine. its not mean to be like friggin CoD bot mode.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Theyre both scrub level shooters... just one is faster and multi-leveled than the other. more reminiscent of arena shooters... but yea... your slow moving barely any recoil or bullet drop bf bad company .... nobody cares, the games died ages ago.

and yet again u talk out of ur ass but your a master pleb so that doesnt surprise me. making a game faster doesnt mean more skill and neither does recoil or bullet drop but again im talking to someone who argued with me about halo multiplayer without playing the damn thing. stick to the games u know bitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

and yet again u talk out of ur ass but your a master pleb so that doesnt surprise me. making a game faster doesnt mean more skill and neither does recoil or bullet drop but again im talking to someone who argued with me about halo multiplayer without playing the damn thing. stick to the games u know bitch

oh no! I didnt play ONE HALO game... that happened to use a term unique to it! still doesn't change the fact that BC2 is a dead and buried game and franchise... and was never competitive.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ghostwarrior786

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

oh no! I didnt play ONE HALO game... that happened to use a term unique to it! still doesn't change the fact that BC2 is a dead and buried game and franchise... and was never competitive.

so u admit to not playing a game but talking shit anyway as if u were the master of it, about time. so what if it was never played competitive? did i claim it was? and how does that relate to it being any less skilful of a game? and no bc2 isnt dead and buried because it still has many servers open but of couse u wouldnt know this because ur full of shit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

so u admit to not playing a game but talking shit anyway as if u were the master of it, about time. so what if it was never played competitive? did i claim it was? and how does that relate to it being any less skilful of a game? and no bc2 isnt dead and buried because it still has many servers open but of couse u wouldnt know this because ur full of shit

sorry, when people mention bloom I go to the graphical bloom.... I have played halo reach very briefly, but to me the franchise was dead post-3 ... slow boring, repetitive.

Just funny how you can attack one game as "noob or scrub" because of bots, when suddenly the skill-cieling of your precious BC2 is in question you go "so what if its not competitive?" ... double standard scrub.

lmao ... so many people playing it http://bfbcs.com/pc ... hahahaaha.

Don't get me wrong, skill isn't the only important factor, I'd rather play Team Fortress 2 over either of these games purely because its fun.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Chutebox

@MBirdy88 said:

@Chutebox said:

@parkurtommo said:

..... do we have to go over this again... if they were actually smart then that would TRULY remove the player vs player element.

They are for show, for powering up, for spotting and revealing players. they serve their function perfectly fine. its not mean to be like friggin CoD bot mode.

Fully realize what they're for and it's a fucking waste. And his point was it makes the battelfield seem more energetic, which is crap

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

ALMOST.....

Can we get a playlist that keeps the Titans, but removes the bots? PLEASE!!!!

I'll start playing the game again if this is made.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lostrib

i would like a titan mode where you can only use your fists

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ghostwarrior786

@MBirdy88: 'when suddenly the skill-cieling of your precious BC2 is in question you go "so what if its not competitive?" <<u moron i only mentioned the this because u said 'and was never competitive', a game doesnt have to be played at mlg for it to have high skill ceiling. bc2 is much much harder to do well in than titanfall, thats a fact. but again im arguing with someone who said 'bu-bu- tps cant be competitive because u can see all around u' haha.

dude u talk out of ur ass seriously

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@MBirdy88: 'when suddenly the skill-cieling of your precious BC2 is in question you go "so what if its not competitive?" <<u moron i only mentioned the this because u said 'and was never competitive', a game doesnt have to be played at mlg for it to have high skill ceiling. bc2 is much much harder to do well in than titanfall, thats a fact. but again im arguing with someone who said 'bu-bu- tps cant be competitive because u can see all around u' haha.

dude u talk out of ur ass seriously

how do you quantify that as "fact" do enlighten me. how you came to that conclusion.

You also tried to tell me that BC2 is still very popular... yet.... it clearly is not as proven by the link I provided. its borderline dead. sorry matey, it seems you are the one talking out of your ass.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

They're striping the main focus of the game? Wut?

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

stripping the main problems with the game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Liquid_ said:

@Animal-Mother said:

stripping the main problems with the game

was only a problem for people wanting a clone of every other shooter.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Chutebox

@MBirdy88: Ya, totally innovative having bots that sit out in the open.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Oh man, looks like Simon is going to have to get good.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#49  Edited By nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Map sizes are designed around bots and Titans. So are they making maps smaller to suit? It would be shit to have 8 vs 8 on some maps due to their size.

Titanfall feels fast because you have groups of bots around each corner and then big Titans that you can see almost everywhere. Bots are the fodder between pilot / titan fights to keep it brisk.

I would personally prefer say 10v10 with titans.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

In this case, more options are always better. It give people who suck in a Titan a chance to shine or just brush up on pilot combat skills out of a Titan.