Titanfall to feature 256p textures in final build

• 150 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Locutus_Picard (3981 posts) -

Titanfall will have the Titanfall alpha's textures (256x256, 256p) in the final retail release. PC is unaffected by sub 720p trash.

TLHBO

#2 Posted by silversix_ (14789 posts) -

"lets just wait until the game comes out to judge its graphics" LOL This game will be competing with Lococycle for the ugliest next generation title available on the market, be hyped.

#3 Edited by Krelian-co (11172 posts) -

and lems think this is the second comming of jesus, LOL. Dat graphics and dat 6 v 6 against bots.

#4 Edited by uninspiredcup (8931 posts) -

The game looks like shit either way, my friend. Shit my man, older Source games look better. At least with Valve titles they put great art direction into it. Looks like COD with mechs. Very refreshing. The future of FPS right der.

#5 Posted by hoosier7 (3843 posts) -

Surely not, the textures are worse than last gen in areas atm, at least the PC version might be a bit better.

#6 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11915 posts) -

Guys, remember it's all about the gameplay (brain-dead AI, 6v6 matches, and all that stuff)

#7 Edited by silversix_ (14789 posts) -

"we're only using 25% of textures for our alpha"! I wouldn't be surprised if a game released in 08 called gears of wars 2 looked better than this pos on a next generation system

#8 Posted by Daious (1373 posts) -

xbox one alpha textures are final assets doesn't sound to good. I am surprised a 7770 level gpu can't handle this game. But as I stated before, the game still looks really fun. I preordered it for PC.

16 maps on launch is freaking great. I am excited. This game will hold me over until Elder Scrolls Online

#9 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

*SIGH* Here we go again. Inb4 blackace, kuu2, and StormyJoe meltdown.

#10 Edited by Locutus_Picard (3981 posts) -

I made a mistake, the resolution of the textures is even lower: 256x256

#11 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@Locutus_Picard said:

:O Holy shit! TLHBO

#12 Edited by uninspiredcup (8931 posts) -
@daious said:

16 maps on launch is freaking great. I am excited. This game will hold me over until Elder Scrolls Online

Since costs £50, not really. My friend, being a young console gamer you probably don't remember the old days. 15 maps was the minimum expected. A title cost £30 + a single player. Your warped sense of value highlights how brainwashed the gaming youth of today are.

#13 Posted by Shewgenja (9617 posts) -

All that next-gen. Brought to you by Microsoft.

#14 Posted by Locutus_Picard (3981 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@daious said:

Since costs £50, not really. My friend, being a young console gamer you probably don't remember the old days. 15 maps was the minimum expected. A title cost £30 + a single player. Your warped sense of value highlights how brainwashed the gaming youth of today are.

You played UT04...you must have. That was like, 52 maps?

#15 Posted by silversix_ (14789 posts) -

Respawn knows that the audience of these games and X1 owners are so unaware about everything that they just release a last gen game on X1 and call it next gen. Bigger ripoff than TR Acceptable Edition.

#16 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4894 posts) -

majority of textures in crysis 1 were 1024².

256² is a very poor showing.

#17 Edited by Daious (1373 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@daious said:

I said I preordered it on PC...

I have a 4770k/780ti in a computer I built...

16 maps is great for today standards when typically you are stuck rotating in less than 8 maps.

#18 Posted by uninspiredcup (8931 posts) -

@Locutus_Picard said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@daious said:

Sadly my friend, I preferred Quake 3. This game was designed for hardcore people. UT always seemed a bit convoluted and lens flare.

#19 Edited by Couth_ (10162 posts) -

only possible on xbone thanks to the cloud

#20 Posted by Doolz2024 (9605 posts) -

Lems will eat it up regardless. They love paying more for inferior products and services.

#21 Posted by lostrib (37606 posts) -

dafuq is this shit?

#22 Posted by Locutus_Picard (3981 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@daious said:

Sadly my friend, I preferred Quake 3. This game was designed for hardcore people. UT always seemed a bit convoluted and lens flare.

I googled and it was 121 maps! I see...both same concept, twitchy, skill-based instead of the auto-aim crap of today.

#23 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9483 posts) -

*insert Christian Bale laughing gif*

#24 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4894 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@daious said:

speaking of quake 3, this story sparked my memory. i was sure that the quake 3 engine idtech3 supported textures of dimensions 512x512

http://www.techspot.com/previews/quake3/quake3-2.shtml

bear in mind the colour depth is 24bit not 32bit, but still.

i find this story baffling. it is so far fetched i struggle to believe it. i mean, a modern game on hardware several generations after quake 3 using textures 1/4 the size? i struggle to believe it, it just seems ... outlandish.

#25 Posted by TwistedShade (3165 posts) -

Have never seen Cows get so butthurt over a game before. The amount of jelly they're producing is amazing.

#26 Posted by Couth_ (10162 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@daious said:

speaking of quake 3, this story sparked my memory. i was sure that the quake 3 engine idtech3 supported textures of dimensions 512x512

http://www.techspot.com/previews/quake3/quake3-2.shtml

bear in mind the colour depth is 24bit not 32bit, but still.

i find this story baffling. it is so far fetched i struggle to believe it. i mean, a modern game on hardware several generations after quake 3 using textures 1/4 the size? i struggle to believe it, it just seems ... outlandish.

Something has to have gone wrong.. It looks worse than a 360 game

#27 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6213 posts) -

Ahhhhh boy... Here we go again.

#29 Posted by Shewgenja (9617 posts) -

'Dat cloud power yo!

#30 Edited by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Too bad Respawn called the leak bullshit. I am gonna believe them.

#31 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@timbers_WSU said:

Too bad Respawn called the leak bullshit. I am gonna believe them.

Yeah Respawn tweeted three times officially that the Alpha t3extires were only 25% Cows again jump the gun, lol.

#32 Posted by Sharp-Shooter89 (116 posts) -

@Locutus_Picard said:

Titanfall will have the Titanfall alpha's textures (256x256, 256p) in the final retail release. PC is unaffected by sub 720p trash.

TLHBO

256p, lol i love console peasants trying to sound technical

256p textures

#33 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

LOL.....well the thread got locked over at Gaf after being proven wrong by Respawn themselves. Sorry Cows.

#34 Posted by bobbetybob (19288 posts) -

Please explain to me how the textures are progressive scan.

Also the developers already said everything is downscaled for the alpha and the textures would be bigger in the final game.

#35 Posted by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

This isn't good if true, titanfall already looks like complete utter shit. I guess they have to make sacrifices to get games running in 720p

#37 Edited by Masculus (2868 posts) -

Well I be damned, 2003 called their textures back.

#38 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

Source engine has a pretty shitty AI. Rather exploitable AI's. I'm just throwing that out there. I hope the game is as fun as these big "journalists" say. The GPU horsepower on the Xbox One is sad for 2014, it's rated next to low end cards.

#39 Posted by Chutebox (37356 posts) -

The Cloud at work!

#40 Edited by Tighaman (974 posts) -

Its crazy all of this great new comes out for the x1 and then this a hating ass fake ELIM want to be CBOAT comes in with that bullshit CER ZOMBIES everywhere spreading lies as usual because no one is talking about their system of choice.

#41 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@Locutus_Picard said:

It doesn't matter it probably won't flop regardless, but it won't be something anyone will be playing in a year or two or something we'll remember.

#42 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

At this rate the Xbone is looking more in league with the Wii U than it is with PS4.

#43 Posted by EnviousEyezOnMe (260 posts) -

It's amazing how people keep talking isssh when the thread already backfired. *SMH* Go back and play KillZone for the 50th time...you still have 2 months til Second Son.

#44 Edited by lundy86_4 (43526 posts) -

So this was disproved?

#45 Edited by Crypt_mx (4134 posts) -

Uhm, I hope everyone here knows that Respawn already denied this on their twitter.

When asked if they lied about textures being better in the final game they responded:

"It doesn't benefit us to lie about that"

When someone mentioned the info was knowledge from an insider they said:

"I too have insider knowledge :)"

It's bull.

Edit: Also this...

When asked directly about the textures being the same as the alpha:

"No, we were very clear the Alpha textures were reduced to have a smaller Alpha download."

#46 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4894 posts) -

@lundy86_4: yup. disproved afaik.

#47 Edited by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

Another BS lie by the Sony farts on GAF! hhahahahaaa

#48 Posted by NFJSupreme (5379 posts) -

@lostrib said:

dafuq is this shit?

my sentiments exactly.

I'm sorry I came here ready to bash the xbone like everyone else but you gonna need more than a forum link to someone who is clearly illiterate or drunk (possibly both?) for me to feel some type of way about this.

#49 Posted by silversix_ (14789 posts) -

@lostrib said:

dafuq is this shit?

Titanfall. Brace for impact. Also, HAVE YOU SEEN TITANFALL 256p TEXTURES!?

#50 Posted by Krelian-co (11172 posts) -

it looks horrible but i doubt the textures will be so small. Still, lol at source engine in 2014, they will try to make it the nexxt cod.