TitanFall to be Yearly Iteration - Respawn entertainment

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

The community manager at Titanfall creator Respawn Entertainment hopes that the studio's debut game can be successful enough to encourage the games industry to take more risks with new IP on triple-A budgets

]"I hope that if nothing else, Titanfall encourages larger scale new IP,

]"It's so cool to be able to work on something new and different, and also to just have that kind of freedom. It's hard to have that freedom."

Sauce

So basically there plan is to make titanfall like yearly iteration like COD. and how is this new and different since it looks like mech version of COD?

#2 Edited by SaltyMeatballs (25139 posts) -

Where does it say that?

Link isn't working for me.

#3 Posted by Far_RockNYC (1112 posts) -

Sounds good to me!

#4 Edited by Desmonic (12326 posts) -

Damn TC... I've seen you do better troll threads. There is nothing in your link that says or even hints that Titanfall will become a yearly IP nor were you able to successfully spin it in your OP.

-10/10. Also I dedicated my sig to you.

#5 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Damn TC... I've seen you do better troll threads. There is nothing in your link that says or even hints that Titanfall will become a yearly IP nor were you able to successfully spin it in your OP.

The way they marketing. it will become yearly iteration.

#6 Posted by iampenguin (223 posts) -

The whole transfromarishness of Titanfall put me off completely.

#7 Edited by Sushiglutton (5164 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Please elaborate, because I don't see it.

#8 Posted by always_explicit (2578 posts) -

I think it should be a modable offence to create a topic title that appears to be stating a fact and a source, when said fact is not contained in said source. What a waste of time.

#9 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

More FPS games, who gives a shit ?

#10 Posted by silversix_ (13399 posts) -

Lets the SPAM begin

#11 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Nowhere does it say that.

#12 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

they dont directly say this but looking at what they are saying they want to compete with COD/BF so it will become yearly iteration like COD/BF/Halos.

#13 Posted by Darkeye123 (7264 posts) -

EA would do anything for dat CoD cake so If TitanFall is even mildly successful then milkage is guaranteed.

#14 Posted by always_explicit (2578 posts) -

@SNIPER4321: So you thought you would present your personal opinion in a factual manner. With a source that at no point reinforces your point.

Nice one. Why dont I start a thread claiming the PS4 runs on the blood of baby seals and then link everybody to the NASA website.

#15 Edited by Chrome- (1660 posts) -

lol sniper thread

#16 Posted by Malta_1980 (11120 posts) -

ok... guess thats not good news !!

#17 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -

after a few year Ol' Jack would have seen too much of Titanfall like every other annual release.

#18 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38110 posts) -

@Michael0134567 said:

they dont directly say this but looking at what they are saying they want to compete with COD/BF so it will become yearly iteration like COD/BF/Halos.

They're not saying they want it to be a yearly thing, Stop making up crap

#19 Edited by rjdofu (9167 posts) -

Yay, another COD. Couldn't care less.

#20 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6013 posts) -

@Michael0134567 said:

You forgot to call him a casual.

And these mainstream franchises are so casual and trashy. We need more hardcore franchises like Metro and Stalker.

#21 Posted by RR360DD (11414 posts) -

Respawn are too small to do yearly iterations, and since they have control of the IP I doubt they'll let EA hand it off to another dev like the IW/Treyarch situation.

That was the whole point they left IW and Acti, to have creative freedom again.

#22 Edited by Chutebox (36040 posts) -

Link doesn't even hint at that

#23 Edited by Zaibach (13404 posts) -

mods lock this thread, the TC is a shameless liar and a philistine

#24 Edited by LJS9502_basic (149319 posts) -

Hmm.....that doesn't seem to be a good reading of the situation.

#25 Posted by Armoured_Mage (766 posts) -

go away sniper.

#26 Posted by Wasdie (49232 posts) -

@Michael0134567 said:

Battlefield isn't yearly though. It's going to be even less frequent now with Titanfall and Battlefront in the mix. DICE is also going to be working with Bad Company soon too.

You make up so much stuff, it's funny.

#27 Posted by Cyberdot (3510 posts) -

It doesn't say anything about yearly iterations.

But it could happen considering the state of the industry we're in.

#28 Posted by cainetao11 (15549 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

So.......basically this is a prediction? Very misleading, TC. FAIL

#29 Posted by uninspiredcup (6484 posts) -

Titan Fall is a game with 0 risks. Games like Saints Row 4 are the only games willing to take risks by drastically changing formula.

#30 Edited by blackace (19544 posts) -

I think it should be a modable offence to create a topic title that appears to be stating a fact and a source, when said fact is not contained in said source. What a waste of time.

I agree. There's nothing in the article that says Titanfall will have a year product. They are saying that creating new IP's like Titanfall should encourage other developers to try making new IP's as well. Which means Respawn may look into doing another IP before working on a sequel to Titanfall. I don't think we'll see a new Titanfall game each year. Most likely they will create new maps and content for the current game to increase it's longevity.

#31 Posted by uninspiredcup (6484 posts) -

This is system wars, this less rules the more fun.

#32 Edited by IgGy621985 (4551 posts) -

Is this the game where people fly around and combat transformers? Yeah, I'll pass...

#33 Posted by Netherscourge (16327 posts) -

So it'll be CoD, only on a MORE frequent schedule.

Sounds like another generation of recycled gameplay on the same game engine...

#34 Edited by wis3boi (30804 posts) -

another glorious failure of sniper

#35 Posted by cainetao11 (15549 posts) -

More lies, by Sniper

#36 Posted by R4gn4r0k (15857 posts) -

@Michael0134567 said:

That's really stretching it. Please change the thread title.

#37 Posted by bobbetybob (19075 posts) -

The whole transfromarishness of Titanfall put me off completely.

Is this the game where people fly around and combat transformers? Yeah, I'll pass...

Yeah giant robots that fire missiles, sounds boring.

#38 Edited by PAL360 (26508 posts) -

Good thing i'm not interested in this game.

#39 Edited by k2theswiss (16576 posts) -
#40 Posted by cainetao11 (15549 posts) -

I'll take it over Ni no thank you, and QTE B2S

#41 Posted by clone01 (24085 posts) -
#42 Posted by clone01 (24085 posts) -

@Michael0134567 said:

How are you not banned yet?

#43 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5205 posts) -

@Sagem28: lemmings certainly care about random fps #89802

Ugh no quoting from ipad, and all my text is in black wtf glitch spot 2.0!!!!!

#44 Posted by cainetao11 (15549 posts) -

@Michael0134567 said:

Why would EA want them to compete with BF, another EA release? 2 year dev cycle imo, where either BF or Titanfall is competing with COD. Fail, TC, Fail

#45 Posted by XboxStache (900 posts) -

@Michael0134567 said:

Lulz. Shouldn't you be playing Stalker?

#46 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11343 posts) -

Excellent thread SNIPER, letting people know the hard-hitting facts.

#47 Edited by lamprey263 (22262 posts) -

I thought I heard before that Titanfall was supposed to be part of EA's leapfrog plan to replace Medal of Honor... then again that does sound right since Battlefield 4 releases at the tail end of this year and Titanfall I heard is supposed to come early next year rather than the holiday, makes me wonder what EA has up its sleeves for 4th quarter 2014; Battlefield: Star Wars Battlefronts perhaps?

#48 Posted by Chozofication (2666 posts) -

I don't know what to say, but it's bad. I hope all these games start to fail commercially at some point.

#49 Posted by lostrib (30836 posts) -

What did you expect?

#50 Edited by II_Seraphim_II (20478 posts) -

Am I misreading something? where does it say that?