Titanfall Struggling to Run at 720p on Xbox One

• 185 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

A brand new insider report has appeared online claiming that Titanfall, the upcoming shooter from Respawn Entertainment, is currently struggling to run at a native 720p resolution on the Xbox One next-gen console from Microsoft

Titanfall is one of the big

games

coming this year to the Xbox One, alongside the Xbox 360 and PC, and developer Respawn is working hard to achieve not just visual quality but also a framerate of 60fps.

This target, however, means that the

game

will run at a native resolution that's lower than the full HD 1920x1080 (1080p) one.

According to a new report from insider Thuway on

Twitter

, the title is even struggling to run at a 1280x720 (720p) native resolution.

Apparently, the new drivers from Microsoft for the Xbox One hardware might solve some of these problems, but it's still quite worrying to see that the game, just a few months before its March release, has such big problems.

#2 Edited by DarthaPerkinjan (756 posts) -

Is this suppose to be surprising? Because its not.

#3 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

this is supposedly the next big thing? :-\

just a 720p cod with mechs

#4 Posted by betamaxx83 (351 posts) -

No wonder why they never called it Xbox 720.

#5 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42498 posts) -

Source is insider.

Seems legit.

#6 Posted by narutosup (1561 posts) -

They should just delay the game

#7 Posted by killzowned24 (7281 posts) -

But the lems assured us the cloud and secret sauce would bring amazing graphics.

#8 Posted by joel_c17 (2803 posts) -

Flop incoming

#9 Posted by super600 (29862 posts) -

Source is insider.

Seems legit.

Everyone believes insiders now a day. I highly doubt this is true and if it is true this will be fixed before the game is launched.

#10 Posted by silversix_ (13431 posts) -

This will be the first time ever since a game is released running on source and doesn't have an easy 200fps.

#11 Edited by Alucard_Prime (2574 posts) -

This reminds me of all the bad press Dead Rising 3 got prior to its release, stuff about horrible framerates, none of which I encountered during my time with the game, on my 2nd playthrough now and it runs great overall. Same will happen with TitanFall....not worried, it's an exclusive and they'll make sure it runs great.

#12 Edited by Couth_ (9908 posts) -

@super600 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Source is insider.

Seems legit.

Everyone believes insiders now a day. I highly doubt this is true and if it is true this will be fixed before the game is launched.

Thuway is legit.. He said "waiting for driver updates" though; implying it will be fixed. He is probably just trying to rustle some jimmies

#13 Posted by YD_11 (1559 posts) -

Sony fans keep hoping this game fails..

One day you sony fans will get something to play outside of arcade games and mutli plats... one day

#14 Posted by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

@YD_11: lens hoping Xbone will come close to PS4 sales.

#15 Edited by super600 (29862 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@super600 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Source is insider.

Seems legit.

Thuway is legit.. He said "waiting for driver updates" though; implying it will be fixed. He is probably just trying to rustle some jimmies

Its not always a good idea to believe everything that an insider hints at because they may be wrong.

#16 Edited by YD_11 (1559 posts) -

@YD_11: lens hoping Xbone will come close to PS4 sales.

All that matters to me is that it sells well enough to retain support throughout the generation. I know i made the best choice for my preferences (what would i be playing on the ps4 anyway? nothing worthwhile i can't get on the X1). So the ps4 having an early lead means nothing to me

#17 Edited by I_can_haz (6394 posts) -

XFlop is a POS underpowered console. Struggling to run a Source engine game at 720p in 2013? What a disgrace.

#18 Posted by blamix99 (1501 posts) -

that's it.. just deal with it. it will always be 720p, the only games they can manage on 1080p are light games like Forza 5.

#19 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38116 posts) -

Don't care, I'll be playing it at 1080p 144fps

#20 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9466 posts) -

XFlop is a POS underpowered console. Struggling to run a Source engine game at 720p in 2013? What a disgrace.

On top of that, the game is only 6 vs 6. lol

#21 Posted by Pray_to_me (2713 posts) -

xbox done

#22 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3085 posts) -

Calling it: Blunderfall dominates 2014 "biggest disappointment" lists.

#23 Edited by Daious (847 posts) -

pretty much what we heard from earlier in the year

this is rather disappointing. I was certain it would hit 1080p at 60fps

#24 Posted by Jankarcop (8791 posts) -

lol consoles

#25 Posted by I_can_haz (6394 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

On top of that, the game is only 6 vs 6. lol

lol

#26 Posted by edwardecl (1718 posts) -

I really do hope the game fails, only because it's being hyped so much and I don't really understand why.

#27 Posted by lostrib (31064 posts) -

This reminds me of all the bad press Dead Rising 3 got prior to its release, stuff about horrible framerates, none of which I encountered during my time with the game, on my 2nd playthrough now and it runs great overall. Same will happen with TitanFall....not worried, it's an exclusive and they'll make sure it runs great.

it's not an exclusive

#28 Posted by DarthaPerkinjan (756 posts) -

Just make it 640p then

#29 Posted by stereointegrity (10659 posts) -

but the driver update that lems promised was real

#30 Edited by Puggy301 (160 posts) -

I'm sure, in the end, the Lems will just argue their vacuous little heads off that there's no real difference between 640p & 720p, or, 480p, for that matter, because it looks like that's the resolution they're ultimately going to be playing TitanFAIL in.

#31 Posted by I_can_haz (6394 posts) -

"b..bu..bu..but teh 10% boost!1"

TLHBO

#32 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@YD_11: some day you lems will get something other than cod.

#33 Posted by Couth_ (9908 posts) -

@super600 said:

@Couth_ said:

@super600 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Source is insider.

Seems legit.

Its not always a good idea to believe everything that an insider hints at because they may be wrong.

You aren't familiar with Jimmy Rustle are you

#34 Posted by iwasgood2u (671 posts) -

It will be downggrade to 480p after the new firmware release. Respawn is beta testing on the lemmings before releasing the sequal on the better system (ps4) running at 1080p with campaign and more contents 10 vs 10 . Lemmings get the bottom end of the stick.

#35 Edited by Gue1 (9004 posts) -

I think it's time for some:

where's ron to talk to us about the secret sauce? ;)

#36 Edited by lamprey263 (22302 posts) -

we don't know what this means, maybe it's dropping from 60fps to like 40-something but even then that wouldn't be that bad

#37 Posted by Netret0120 (1863 posts) -

The real way to play this game is on the PC. How can lemmings call this an exclusive when It is coming out on the PC is beyond me.

#38 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2070 posts) -

It would be hilarious if the game ends up running sub hd

#39 Posted by PAL360 (26520 posts) -

@joel_c17 said:

Flop incoming

I'm sure it will be a commercial success, but 720p on 8th gen is completly unacceptable!

#40 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3667 posts) -

Don't care, I'll be playing it at 1080p 144fps

2560x1080 at 60FPS here... Trouble is my resolution probably won't be supported :(.

Its okay... Asus are working on a 2560x1440 120Hz display with G-SYNC scheduled to be out this year. I can't wait.

#41 Posted by Sushiglutton (5165 posts) -

They should have done 3 vs 3

#42 Edited by ronvalencia (15106 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

I think it's time for some:

where's ron to talk to us about the secret sauce? ;)

There's no secret sauce with X1.

Again, I have already shown 12 CU prototype 7850 was unable to match a retail 16 CUs 7850 and that's with the same 860Mhz clock speed and 153.6 GB/s memory bandwidth.

---------------------

I'm waiting for Display Port 1.3 enabled monitors for AMD's FreeSync.

#43 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5854 posts) -

A brand new insider report has appeared online claiming that Titanfall, the upcoming shooter from Respawn Entertainment, is currently struggling to run at a native 720p resolution on the Xbox One next-gen console from Microsoft

Titanfall is one of the big

games

coming this year to the Xbox One, alongside the Xbox 360 and PC, and developer Respawn is working hard to achieve not just visual quality but also a framerate of 60fps.

This target, however, means that the

game

will run at a native resolution that's lower than the full HD 1920x1080 (1080p) one.

According to a new report from insider Thuway on

Twitter

, the title is even struggling to run at a 1280x720 (720p) native resolution.

Apparently, the new drivers from Microsoft for the Xbox One hardware might solve some of these problems, but it's still quite worrying to see that the game, just a few months before its March release, has such big problems.

LOL, Thuway. NO just NO.

#44 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1840 posts) -

I don't understand why this is such a big deal. We all enjoyed all of the games we played on PS3 and 360 and the vast majority of them never hit 720p native and definitely not until the end of last generation. A game is either good or it is not and resolution shouldn't be a deciding factor in that.

#45 Posted by kraken2109 (12942 posts) -

Isn't Titanfall on the source engine?

How the hell can something struggle with the source engine?

#46 Posted by k2theswiss (16586 posts) -

this is supposedly the next big thing? :-\

just a 720p cod with mechs

is every thing is cod to you?

#47 Posted by AtariKidX (6192 posts) -

No wonder why they never called it Xbox 720.

True.......lol

#48 Posted by StormyJoe (4474 posts) -

@BlessedChill:

Cows so jelly this game is not on PS4.

Why do I say that? Do you see lemmings talking about PS4 games? Nope.

#49 Posted by BruceBenzing (278 posts) -

@BlessedChill:

Cows so jelly this game is not on PS4.

Why do I say that? Do you see lemmings talking about PS4 games? Nope.

Actually you rarely see lems obsessing over games not on their system to the levity of the Cows, It's like the Cows can't accept a non-PS brand actually having a better game. When I get my PS4, my friends list will be limited because I don't want to game with total buffoons.

#50 Edited by X_CAPCOM_X (5994 posts) -

'Cuz my dad works at Titanfall. He told me all about it.

yawn